PDA

View Full Version : Pool Renovations (Pics Included)

Us3
12-10-2008, 09:00 AM
Sorry, these pics are a long time coming! These were taken during our Halloween stay on Monday morning, Oct 27, 2008.

On his way to get coffee on Monday morning, dh noticed that there was some activity going on at the Meadows pool area. He took the cart cut through near the tennis courts. He noticed several men that appeared to be contractors of sorts walking around the pool area. He stopped the cart just past the bridge near the group picnic area. He was able to get a couple of shots before the men noticed him and signaled Disney security in his direction.

http://i300.photobucket.com/albums/nn19/us3p2/DSC_8377.jpg

http://i300.photobucket.com/albums/nn19/us3p2/PoolReno.jpg

WAIT A MINUTE! What is that guy carrying? Could it be some plans? Here is a closer look....

http://i300.photobucket.com/albums/nn19/us3p2/PoolReno2.jpg

Sorry, that's all the pics he was able to snap before leaving the area. Hopefully some of us will have some actual construction photo's to share soon!!:thumbsup2

2goofycampers
12-10-2008, 09:34 AM
Can someone zoom in and find a date of completion?:banana:

RvUsa
12-10-2008, 10:10 AM
http://i300.photobucket.com/albums/nn19/us3p2/PoolReno2.jpg

Can anyone tell me what Bid and CONTRUCT means LOL?

Tri-circle-D
12-10-2008, 11:09 AM
Sonya- Please tell Bud that I have deputized him as a TCD-Junior Deputy. Nice work on the photos, and the narrative! I did not know that Bud had to elude Fort security! Well done!

TCD

JPG
12-11-2008, 08:08 AM
Awesome job!!!! Now we are getting somewhere with "our" pool upgrade...:thumbsup2

Skyw
12-11-2008, 08:13 AM
Love it!!! I wonder if it drives Disney nuts that things like this get posted? Thanks for the Photo!! I was beginning to wonder if it would ever happen.

JoanneNC
12-11-2008, 10:02 AM
Good Spy work :)

mdoc
12-11-2008, 06:44 PM
A most excellent job!! I hope those upgrades are done by the time we arrive in late March.

Luvs2camp
12-12-2008, 03:43 PM
Is the other pool open then and is it heated?

2goofycampers
12-12-2008, 04:43 PM
The cabin and campground pools are both open and both heated.

Luvs2camp
12-12-2008, 05:28 PM
Awesome! Any idea what the pools hour's are?

Born 2 Fish
12-12-2008, 05:38 PM
I believe the official time is 8AM till midnight.

JPG
12-13-2008, 10:10 PM
The pools do not close. They are open 24 hours a day. However, the lifeguard's hours change seasonally. Usually during the summer months, they are on duty until about 10:00 PM.

BradyBz12
12-14-2008, 08:32 AM
The pools do not close. They are open 24 hours a day. However, the lifeguard's hours change seasonally. Usually during the summer months, they are on duty until about 10:00 PM.

Definitely shorter hours for the lifeguards now. We stopped by the pool our ONE warm night just to soak our feet at about 9-ish and there was no lifeguard.

Not a lot of folks in the pools the last couple of weeks... it's been COLD here! I drove by 2 days ago during the day and the poor woman looked like she was dressed in a snowsuit :cold:

BigDaddyRog
12-14-2008, 12:17 PM
Can someone zoom in and find a date of completion?:banana:

http://i163.photobucket.com/albums/t296/dj_bigdaddyrog/PoolReno2.jpg

tim5055
12-14-2008, 01:02 PM
http://i163.photobucket.com/albums/t296/dj_bigdaddyrog/PoolReno2.jpg:rotfl: :rotfl2:

Cockburn Family
12-14-2008, 04:04 PM
Im Glad Im Not The Only One Dying For Info On The Pool And Campground Upgrades....!!! I Love This Place

bigdisneydaddy
12-14-2008, 04:33 PM
Just so long as its done by April 2nd

DaveInTN
12-14-2008, 09:39 PM
I just arrived home this evening after a week at the Fort, and had an interesting conversation with 2 CM's at the pool. While I was lounging around one afternoon this week, there were 2 CM's pouring over those same blueprints on a table at the far corner of the pool, near the deep end. They were then taking measurements of the length of the existing concrete pad, and pacing back and forth. While they were doing that, I snuck a peak at the blueprints, and using my extensive training as an accountant I was able to figure out that the upgraded pool will be filled with some sort of liquid, possibly water. Ok...so I have no idea what I was looking at, but I did ask a few questions and was told that, yes, the pool will be getting a slide feature very much like the one at the Hilton Head resort (which we have seen rumors on many times), and yes, the upgrades are to begin in January and should be completed by April. One of the CM's stated that, while the new pool will not be mistaken for a water park, the upgrades will bring it up to speed with most of the other resorts. Sounds good enough to me!

JPG
12-15-2008, 12:37 AM
I just arrived home this evening after a week at the Fort, and had an interesting conversation with 2 CM's at the pool. While I was lounging around one afternoon this week, there were 2 CM's pouring over those same blueprints on a table at the far corner of the pool, near the deep end. They were then taking measurements of the length of the existing concrete pad, and pacing back and forth. While they were doing that, I snuck a peak at the blueprints, and using my extensive training as an accountant I was able to figure out that the upgraded pool will be filled with some sort of liquid, possibly water. Ok...so I have no idea what I was looking at, but I did ask a few questions and was told that, yes, the pool will be getting a slide feature very much like the one at the Hilton Head resort (which we have seen rumors on many times), and yes, the upgrades are to begin in January and should be completed by April. One of the CM's stated that, while the new pool will not be mistaken for a water park, the upgrades will bring it up to speed with most of the other resorts. Sounds good enough to me!

Here's to hoping it comes true! :wizard: This will be something we can all enjoy and an upgrade to the Fort that is long over due.

2goofycampers
12-15-2008, 08:54 AM
I snuck a peak at the blueprints, and using my extensive training as an accountant I was able to figure out that the upgraded pool will be filled with some sort of liquid, possibly water.

:lmao:

4mickey2
12-15-2008, 06:53 PM
can't wait to go back. it's been a wind chill of below zero here today.
http://www.orangepopdesign.com/peppersworld/forums/style_emoticons/default/goodnite.gif

nelep
12-20-2008, 12:39 PM
Just received this letter from Disney in the mail today...

In order for Disney's Fort WildernessResort & Campground to continue to flourish as a magical destination, it is necessary for us to make enhancements from time to time.

If you have stayed with us before, you are most likely familiar with our Meadow Swimmin' Pool. While this swimming and recreation area has provided our Guests with enjoyment for many years, it is time to refresh its look. In mid-January 2009, we begin a refurbishment effort which will temporarily close the pool. We expect the work to be completed by late-March 2009.
For your swimming enjoyment, our resort's leisure pool will remain open during this time. We will also offer the Silver Creek Springs Pool located at Disney's Wilderness Lodge for Guests wishing to take advantage of this nearby experience.

We appreciate your patience and understanding during this refurbishment project. We look forward to your upcoming stay with us...

nelep
12-20-2008, 12:42 PM
So here's my question for you Fort Wilderness veterans...How close is the Wilderness Lodge? What is the Silver Creek Springs Pool like? And, will it be manageable for me to get my 6, 4 and 2 year olds to this pool and back (i.e., do we take the bus? How far, etc.)

Thanks!

LONE-STAR
12-20-2008, 12:53 PM
Thats great news:cheer2: . The quickest and warmest way would be the bus. There are also boats that go there.

Cindy F
12-20-2008, 02:20 PM
.....I snuck a peak at the blueprints, and using my extensive training as an accountant I was able to figure out that the upgraded pool will be filled with some sort of liquid, possibly water. Ok...so I have no idea what I was looking at....

http://i130.photobucket.com/albums/p242/carlapryor/laughing5.gif

BradyBz12
12-20-2008, 03:50 PM
Ok, this may not be news, but I can report that the water tower that was over by BBQ pavillion a week or so ago, was GONE when we took our last golf cart looping excursion 2 days ago.

Hmmm.... rumor had it that it was going to be part of the new pool rehab in some way. I guess we'll just have to wait and see. ;)

Donna
12-21-2008, 07:01 AM
very exciting news and great reporting of TCD proportions! lol

as for the bus to WL, just go to the settlement depot, a WL bus will be by in no time to take you there. you can also bike over (no carts allowed tho) OR walk but i wouldn't attempt it with little ones unless you have a nice sized stroller cause let me tell ya, its a hike but very enjoyable and you may even see a deer along the way!

glad this will be done for our trip in june, yay!

dwolstenholme
12-21-2008, 12:40 PM
Does anyone have any updates to the pool renovation?? We're going to be down in June 2009 and can't wait (even if the pool hasn't been redone) :thumbsup2

LONE-STAR
12-21-2008, 12:50 PM
See post #23

dwolstenholme
12-21-2008, 12:56 PM
Thanks Michael! Sorry about that. That should be a BIG hit with the kids.

LONE-STAR
12-21-2008, 01:04 PM
We are looking forward to it and nothing to be sorry about.:thumbsup2

Tri-circle-D
12-22-2008, 07:48 AM
Just received this letter from Disney in the mail today...

In order for Disney's Fort WildernessResort & Campground to continue to flourish as a magical destination, it is necessary for us to make enhancements from time to time.

If you have stayed with us before, you are most likely familiar with our Meadow Swimmin' Pool. While this swimming and recreation area has provided our Guests with enjoyment for many years, it is time to refresh its look. In mid-January 2009, we begin a refurbishment effort which will temporarily close the pool. We expect the work to be completed by late-March 2009.
For your swimming enjoyment, our resort's leisure pool will remain open during this time. We will also offer the Silver Creek Springs Pool located at Disney's Wilderness Lodge for Guests wishing to take advantage of this nearby experience.

We appreciate your patience and understanding during this refurbishment project. We look forward to your upcoming stay with us...

Thanks for posting this information!

I assume that you must have a trip scheduled for January?

I currently have reservations for President's Day weekend, so I should be able to see the work in progress, but maybe I need to pop over in January, too.

TCD

Tri-circle-D
12-22-2008, 07:51 AM
Ok, this may not be news, but I can report that the water tower that was over by BBQ pavillion a week or so ago, was GONE when we took our last golf cart looping excursion 2 days ago.

Hmmm.... rumor had it that it was going to be part of the new pool rehab in some way. I guess we'll just have to wait and see. ;)

very exciting news and great reporting of TCD proportions! lol

as for the bus to WL, just go to the settlement depot, a WL bus will be by in no time to take you there. you can also bike over (no carts allowed tho) OR walk but i wouldn't attempt it with little ones unless you have a nice sized stroller cause let me tell ya, its a hike but very enjoyable and you may even see a deer along the way!

glad this will be done for our trip in june, yay!

I agree with Donna, that is huge news!

I didn't think that they would really use the River Country water tower in the new pool design, but its removal at this time would certainly suggest that the old water tower is going to be given a new life. Very interesting.

TCD

John VN
12-23-2008, 03:54 AM
Hmmm.... rumor had it that it was going to be part of the new pool rehab in some way. I guess we'll just have to wait and see.

You can take this one to the bank.

I bet there will be more ADULT KIDS than young kids using the Tower Slide because of old times sake.

Mmketeer
12-23-2008, 07:45 AM
Okay so someone mentioned the new pool renovation will be similar to the pool at Hilton Head. What does that look like? Is it similar to the Wilderness Lodge's??? Curious minds want to know!!! LOL!

Donna
12-23-2008, 08:25 AM
here ya go:
http://i9.photobucket.com/albums/a81/iluvwdw46/bigdipper.jpg
http://i9.photobucket.com/albums/a81/iluvwdw46/bigdipper1.jpg
http://i9.photobucket.com/albums/a81/iluvwdw46/DSC01251.jpg

JPG
12-24-2008, 07:24 AM
Nice!! :thumbsup2

BradyBz12
12-24-2008, 09:34 AM
Geez, if that's the model, then I can't imagine the old RC tower NOT being part of the renovation (fingers crossed!)... popcorn::

Cockburn Family
12-27-2008, 09:46 PM

Im hope its done before March Break!!! I guess they will give us the go ahead to swim at the lodge? Kinda stinks....we love to spend most of our days relaxin' at the pool side...eatin' Mickey Bars....playin' some dodge ball...you know...the good life!!!:cool1: :yay: :cool1:

ghester
12-29-2008, 04:53 PM
My question is ... Are guests not allowed to use other pools? We are going for the first time and i thought we would be able to check out other resorts:)

Born 2 Fish
12-29-2008, 05:02 PM
My question is ... Are guests not allowed to use other pools? We are going for the first time and i thought we would be able to check out other resorts:)

Folk may not be too happy with me when I say this, however,,
I pool hop,,I just dont tell what resort I'm stay'n at.

Years ago when we first started do'n Disney resorts, Disney actually promoted use of the other resorts facilities, and thats how we got started pool hopping. And we never stopped,,still do'n it !:thumbsup2

I figure that if Disney promotes the use of the Forts facilites to everyone else, then whats good for the goose, is good for the gander.:banana:

Just my opinion.

ghester
12-29-2008, 05:09 PM
Folk may not be too happy with me when I say this, however,,
I pool hop,,I just dont tell what resort I'm stay'n at.

Years ago when we first started do'n Disney resorts, Disney actually promoted use of the other resorts facilities, and thats how we got started pool hopping. And we never stopped,,still do'n it !:thumbsup2

I figure that if Disney promotes the use of the Forts facilites to everyone else, then whats good for the goose, is good for the gander.:banana:

Just my opinion.

Thanks for the info. It is good to be back on this site. I have been wrapped up in Christmas and lost my focus on Walt Disney World. This is just the site and y'all are just the people to get us excited again:yay: also i better stay focused as expensive as I anticipate this trip to be it will take focus to save enough pennies

Donna
12-29-2008, 06:01 PM

pool hopping is limited to DVC members staying at a dvc resort on points (except even they cannot use AKL and BCV pool unless staying there). Your Key to the World card is coded as to where you are staying in addition to DVC member's key to the world cards say "member" on it. Lifeguards are trained how to read the codes and will ask illegal hoppers to leave.
that being said, once the fort gets it's new pool and word gets out....i bet ALOT of hoppers will be using it! I hope they enforce the rule better!

2goofycampers
12-29-2008, 06:05 PM
Don't pool hop at the Yacht or Beach club, they have arm bands for their pool guests. :sad1:

BradyBz12
12-29-2008, 06:33 PM
You are free to go check out the other resorts, look around, eat, shop... seems the one thing you can't do any longer is use the other resort pool. When you get your check in paperwork "NO POOL HOPPING" will be stamped on there in big red letters (although I'm pretty sure someone here said they can't read red ink :lmao: )

Let's just hope the new FW pool isn't sooooo cool that it will be inundated with people who decide that since there at FW anyway for the Hoop-de-Doo (or whatever), might as well check out the pool too! :sad2:

Not sure how strict the other resorts are on checking when it comes to pool hopping. Except B&Y... super strict there and I've heard you can't even get into the pool area without proving you're a guest there.

Donna
12-29-2008, 06:42 PM
not too strict. i sort of cringed when my son came back and said, hey, we swam at the Wild. Lodge pool today! i said, oh no! i told him he really wasn't allowed since we weren't staying there on points (we were staying at the fort on points). he said "well, my card says MEMBER, so I will just play dumb", lol. I said, well don't come get me to get you out of disney jail!:lmao:

DaveInTN
12-29-2008, 06:51 PM
Not sure how strict the other resorts are on checking when it comes to pool hopping. Except B&Y... super strict there and I've heard you can't even get into the pool area without proving you're a guest there.

We checked out the Yacht and Beach Club a couple of weeks ago, and walked around the pool area. No one told us we couldn't, but now I feel so...naughty. :ssst:

chilipyro
12-29-2008, 07:11 PM
I don't know why the BC/YC are so restrictive. We've stayed at the BC and at the WL. The BC/YC pool area was nice, but nothing to get excited about. The WL pool area was much nicer IMHO. All I can guess is that it is more about enforcing a particular kind of clientele.

BradyBz12
12-29-2008, 07:23 PM
We checked out the Yacht and Beach Club a couple of weeks ago, and walked around the pool area. No one told us we couldn't, but now I feel so...naughty. :ssst:

Lucky! I guess the Mickey Police don't come out of the bushes unless you actually try and swim in it. :rotfl:

Ooh - or maybe the water turns red when a non Y&B guest gets in. :rotfl2:

F4disneyfan
12-30-2008, 11:06 AM

Pool hopping is not allowed unless you are a DVC member staying at a DVC resort on points then you may use whatever pool you like other than Storm Along Bay at the Yacht and Beach or the pool at AKL. If you are asked for your resort ID which happens far more often than many like to admit and you do not have an id for said resort you are then told/asked to leave the pool with your family in tow.

ghester
12-30-2008, 12:45 PM
Pool hopping is not allowed unless you are a DVC member staying at a DVC resort on points then you may use whatever pool you like other than Storm Along Bay at the Yacht and Beach or the pool at AKL. If you are asked for your resort ID which happens far more often than many like to admit and you do not have an id for said resort you are then told/asked to leave the pool with your family in tow.

that may be just to embarassing for me to risk it. I have to say i love that i can always get my questions answered here. y'all are great!!:cheer2:

F4disneyfan
12-30-2008, 08:54 PM
that may be just to embarrassing for me to risk it. I have to say i love that i can always get my questions answered here. y'all are great!!:cheer2:

I know my wife would kill me if we did this when not staying on points at a DVC resort and we were asked to leave the pool she would die of embarrassment then kill me after we returned to the room LOL.

Donna
12-31-2008, 06:24 AM
I don't know why the BC/YC are so restrictive. We've stayed at the BC and at the WL. The BC/YC pool area was nice, but nothing to get excited about. The WL pool area was much nicer IMHO. All I can guess is that it is more about enforcing a particular kind of clientele.

i think its because its considered a mini water park with the lazy river, the sand bottom, the whirlpool section and all the water falls scattered around, not to mention the longest slide on property. it's far superior to any other pool on property, ask any kid, lol. For those very reasons though, alot of parents worry about not being able to see their little ones because of the way it's layed out.

the one i don't get is the AKL pool. Not sure why they've aways restricted us from swimming there if not staying there. the pool is nothing special. it's not like you get to swim with giraffe's or anything, lol.

mikmouse
12-31-2008, 07:36 AM
"-- Fort Wilderness Meadows Pool will be closed January 12 -
March 13, 2009."

So I gues it's really happening!
:banana: :cheer2:

69RoadRunner
12-31-2008, 09:22 AM
Carl Spackler: This place got a pool?
Ty Webb: Pool and a pond... Pond be good for you.

http://www.fortunecity.com/lavendar/apocalypse/251/carl30.jpg

69RoadRunner
12-31-2008, 09:26 AM
Do not swim in any pool! They all contain high levels of Dihydrogen Monoxide.

Each year, Dihydrogen Monoxide is a known causative component in many thousands of deaths and is a major contributor to millions upon millions of dollars in damage to property and the environment. Some of the known perils of Dihydrogen Monoxide are:

Death due to accidental inhalation of DHMO, even in small quantities.

Prolonged exposure to solid DHMO causes severe tissue damage.

Excessive ingestion produces a number of unpleasant though not typically life-threatening side-effects.

DHMO is a major component of acid rain.

Gaseous DHMO can cause severe burns.

Contributes to soil erosion.

Leads to corrosion and oxidation of many metals.

Contamination of electrical systems often causes short-circuits.

Exposure decreases effectiveness of automobile brakes.

Found in biopsies of pre-cancerous tumors and lesions.

Given to vicious dogs involved in recent deadly attacks.

Often associated with killer cyclones in the U.S. Midwest and elsewhere, and in hurricanes including deadly storms in Florida, New Orleans and other areas of the southeastern U.S.

Thermal variations in DHMO are a suspected contributor to the El Nino weather effect.

BradyBz12
12-31-2008, 09:48 AM
Ok you had me for a second. Then Chemistry 101 leaked back into my consciousness...

Dihydrogen Monoxide = H2O :rotfl: :rotfl2:

69RoadRunner
12-31-2008, 03:30 PM
Don't kid yourself, that H2O stuff is deadly!!!

Born 2 Fish
12-31-2008, 04:08 PM
:rotfl2:
Especially the wet kind !

You are so FUNNY !:thumbsup2

Eeyore'sthebest
01-01-2009, 06:12 AM
Does anyone know if they are putting in a hot tub?

DH actually asked me last night when we were going back to the Fort. I love a man that can't stay away!!

Cockburn Family
01-02-2009, 07:50 PM
March 13, 2009."

Where did this info come from and how accurate do you think it is....we check in on the 13th of March and if this news is true...well...thanks for the wicked news!!!!

Cockburn Family
01-02-2009, 07:51 PM
Does anyone know if they are putting in a hot tub?

DH actually asked me last night when we were going back to the Fort. I love a man that can't stay away!!

I heard slide, hot tubs, and splash pad for the little ones....we shall see.

Donna
01-02-2009, 08:12 PM
Where did this info come from and how accurate do you think it is....we check in on the 13th of March and if this news is true...well...thanks for the wicked news!!!!

i think it came from allearsnet, which is a very reliable source. i got the same newsletter. lets guess who will be the first to post a pic!

Cockburn Family
01-02-2009, 08:51 PM
March 13, 2009."

Thanks a million for introducing me to allearsnet!!!

i think it came from allearsnet, which is a very reliable source. i got the same newsletter. lets guess who will be the first to post a pic!

Quote from allearsnet!!!!

There are two heated outdoor swimming pools available for FW resort guests only. The main pool is located near the Meadow Trading Post in the center of the campground and the second smaller pool is located with the Wilderness Cabins, between loops 2500 and 2700, which is more near the resort entrance. Lounge chairs and tables are provided. There is a shallow kiddie pool at the main pool. Also, child-sized life vests are available at the pools free of charge. The pools are open 24 hours, but the lifeguard hours vary seasonally.

The main pool at the Meadow Trading Post is being enhanced with a themed water slide, hot tub, and children’s play area to form a mini-water park.
:cool1: :worship: :banana:

DRWalum
01-02-2009, 09:06 PM
Thats to funny ............ Been:surfweb: Allearsnet for years & just found dis.boards a few weeks a go :rotfl: :rotfl:

Hope you have fun on your trip & can't wait to see the pics of the new pool :yay: :yay:

Donna
01-02-2009, 09:12 PM
Thats to funny ............ Been:surfweb: Allearsnet for years & just found dis.boards a few weeks a go :rotfl: :rotfl:

Hope you have fun on your trip & can't wait to see the pics of the new pool :yay: :yay:

oh wow! you have some catching up to do!

i discovered the internet and then DISboards right afterwards. i remember when they started the disboards, it grew and grew in to the great site it is today!

Old Snipe
01-02-2009, 09:17 PM
Just my luck, I'll be at FW 16-23 Jan with my 2 grandsons! :scared1: They loved the pool last year. :love:

Can you drive a golf cart to the Wilderness Lodge Pool? Or maybe we should go to Blizzard Beach! :banana:

Best Regards!

2goofycampers
01-02-2009, 09:20 PM
Just my luck, I'll be at FW 16-23 Jan with my 2 grandsons! :scared1: They loved the pool last year. :love:

Can you drive a golf cart to the Wilderness Lodge Pool? Or maybe we should go to Blizzard Beach! :banana:

Best Regards!

No golf carts to the Lodge, there is a second pool you can use in the cabin area at The Fort.

Shan-man
01-03-2009, 07:20 AM

Best Regards!

No, you cannot drive a cart to WL, but you can take the Orange Bus. One of their pools is going to be open to FW guests during the construction. I believe it is the feature pool, too, but am not certain.

Donna
01-03-2009, 07:45 AM
No, you cannot drive a cart to WL, but you can take the Orange Bus. One of their pools is going to be open to FW guests during the construction. I believe it is the feature pool, too, but am not certain.

yes, it will be the feature pool! i wonder if they will make an add'll WL bus and pick up location during that time to make it easier to get to WL.

Old Snipe
01-04-2009, 11:44 AM
Thank you all for the tips! Didn't know about the second pool, goes to show you'll always learn somethimg new at WDW! :teacher:

Best Regards! pirate:

Eeyore'sthebest
01-04-2009, 03:57 PM
I heard slide, hot tubs, and splash pad for the little ones....we shall see.:cool1: :cool1: Yeah!! DH wants to book another vacation now!!!

mh1973
01-04-2009, 04:21 PM
Where is the pic of the new pool layout? I thought I read somwhere that there is a pic of the proposed new pool layout?

ftwildernessguy
01-04-2009, 04:50 PM
Boy, are the WL folks gonna be pissed.

I just heard from a bus driver that they are going to dig out the old wave machine from the seven seas lagoon and install it in the new pool at FW!!!!:banana: :banana: :banana: :banana: :banana: :banana: :banana:

69RoadRunner
01-04-2009, 05:33 PM
Boy, are the WL folks gonna be pissed.

I just heard from a bus driver that they are going to dig out the old wave machine from the seven seas lagoon and install it in the new pool at FW!!!!:banana: :banana: :banana: :banana: :banana: :banana: :banana:

Many grains of salt should be taken with that claim. It would be nice, though.

FlaFortCampster
01-04-2009, 05:37 PM
Read a rumor that the pool might be fashioned after the Disney Hilton Head Island Resort pool. Here's 2 shots of that pool. See something that looks familiar?

http://i365.photobucket.com/albums/oo96/ppp8815/fwbig-dipper-pool.jpg

possible preview

http://i365.photobucket.com/albums/oo96/ppp8815/FWpossiblepool.jpg

picture 2 of possible new FW pool

Donna
01-04-2009, 05:58 PM
man, those two pictures make me just want to pack up and go! i miss that place! i feel like calling MS tomorrow and see what i can get for august!

Born 2 Fish
01-04-2009, 06:23 PM
:wizard:
HEY ,,I heard today, that they are going to dig out the old wave machine from the seven seas lagoon and install it in the new pool at FW!!!!
How cool is that !!!:thumbsup2

DaveInTN
01-04-2009, 07:25 PM
HEY ,,I heard today, that they are going to dig out the old wave machine from the seven seas lagoon and install it in the new pool at FW!!!!
:rotfl2: Awesome! I'll be sure to book a loop right along the steam train line so I can get to the pool easily...

Shan-man
01-04-2009, 07:43 PM
About what I was thinking Dave! LOL

ftwildernessguy
01-04-2009, 08:05 PM

Holy cow, Frank. Where'd you hear that?

Born 2 Fish
01-04-2009, 08:21 PM
I read it on the internet somewhere, so it must be true.:thumbsup2

From a reliable source. :lmao:

69RoadRunner
01-04-2009, 08:28 PM
The Pilgrims came over on the Space Shuttle.

armdave
01-05-2009, 01:21 PM
so, has construction actually started on the Pool yet?

drafthorsecrazy
01-05-2009, 02:54 PM
As of today....same old pool.

Born 2 Fish
01-05-2009, 05:22 PM
so, has construction actually started on the Pool yet?

Nope,,still try'n to dig out the old wave machine from the seven seas lagoon .

DaveInTN
01-05-2009, 07:53 PM
Unfortunately the old wave machine was damaged beyond repair back in the 70's when it was rammed by an Electrical Water Pageant barge driven by a captain who'd had too much kungaloosh. Or so I've heard...

auntie
01-05-2009, 07:58 PM
Final wave...must have been a tidal wave!:lmao:

PrincessMom4
01-06-2009, 09:07 AM

:banana: We are coming on March 14 so I am hopping to try this pool out as last time we used the smaller of the 2 pools at FW.:woohoo:
Whereabouts in Canada are you coming from?? We are close to the Ogdensburg-Prescott border.

There was one posting about Dihydrogen Monoxide. I "googled" it and it is not H20, it apparently is some chemical added to water. It says it has been linked to cancer and so forth. Any truth to this??

auntie
01-06-2009, 10:27 AM
:confused3
Am I the only one who doesn't know what you're referring to? (in regards to this chemical)....

I mean..Lord knows..it wouldn't be the first time :laughing:

PrincessMom4
01-06-2009, 11:07 AM
It was listed on a few posting ago on here...

PrincessMom4
01-06-2009, 11:08 AM
I just found it...Go back to Posting #57

69RoadRunner
01-06-2009, 11:47 AM
:banana: We are coming on March 14 so I am hopping to try this pool out as last time we used the smaller of the 2 pools at FW.:woohoo:
Whereabouts in Canada are you coming from?? We are close to the Ogdensburg-Prescott border.

There was one posting about Dihydrogen Monoxide. I "googled" it and it is not H20, it apparently is some chemical added to water. It says it has been linked to cancer and so forth. Any truth to this??

The truth is I first heard it on a radio news story. A college kid went around a neighborhood trying to get people to sign a petition to get all of the Dihydrogen Monoxide removed from the local lake (or river or whatever).

He listed all the harmful traits of Dihydrogen Monoxide, which were all true. People were concerned and signed the petition.

The truth is that Dihydrogen Monoxide is H2O. Dihydrogen = H2 Monoxide = 0.

I thought it was one of the funniest things I ever heard, then realized that people make all sorts of decisions based on nonsense like this.

It just shows how people can use "science" to frighten people.

ftwildernessguy
01-06-2009, 11:49 AM
Saliva may cause cancer, but only when swallowed in small amounts over long periods of time.

nelep
01-09-2009, 07:56 PM
Thanks for posting this information!

I assume that you must have a trip scheduled for January?

I currently have reservations for President's Day weekend, so I should be able to see the work in progress, but maybe I need to pop over in January, too.

TCD

Our trip is Feb 25 - March 4 so you'll be there before us. Take pictures and post! Have fun!

vick
01-09-2009, 08:02 PM
Saliva may cause cancer, but only when swallowed in small amounts over long periods of time.

That's nice to know. :rotfl2:

nelep
01-09-2009, 08:04 PM
We are going to be there Feb 25 - March 4. Is it really going to be warm enough to swim then anyway?

My kids love to swim, but will it be worth it to trek all the way to the Wilderness Lodge to freeze? (Even though I'm from Chicago, it's got to be pretty hot out for me to get in a pool!)

2goofycampers
01-09-2009, 09:00 PM
We are going to be there Feb 25 - March 4. Is it really going to be warm enough to swim then anyway?

My kids love to swim, but will it be worth it to trek all the way to the Wilderness Lodge to freeze? (Even though I'm from Chicago, it's got to be pretty hot out for me to get in a pool!)

Yep the pools are heated and warm enough to swim year round, the cabin pool would be much closer than going to the Lodge.

disney4dan
01-10-2009, 05:25 AM
oh wow! you have some catching up to do!

i discovered the internet and then DISboards right afterwards. i remember when they started the disboards, it grew and grew in to the great site it is today!

That is so funny, Nancy and I were talking about this just this week about how we "our addiction" started back around late 1996 I think when planning what was supposed to be a group trip. We stumbled into RADP first (for those not in the know rec.arts.disney.parks) and then discovered Deb Wills site when it was WDWIG.

Anyone remember the Iago and Zazu threads on RADP? Man they were creative. Anyhoo, not to hijack this thread, I am only halfway through and can't wait to see what news there is on the pool and any photos.

Back to your regularly scheduled thread now...

btcrane
01-10-2009, 06:04 AM

We'll be able to use the pool at WL while the main pool at FW is closed. Technically, no other resort pools.

Cockburn Family
01-10-2009, 11:32 AM
[QUOTE=PrincessMom4;29500908]:banana: We are coming on March 14 so I am hopping to try this pool out as last time we used the smaller of the 2 pools at FW.:woohoo:
Whereabouts in Canada are you coming from?? We are close to the Ogdensburg-Prescott border.[QUOTE=PrincessMom4;29500908]

Coming from Whitby, Ontario arriving on the 13th.....gonna try drivin it straight this year...23 hrs...lotsa coffee!!!

longtimedisneyfan
05-07-2009, 10:11 PM
Does anyone know if the kiddie water area is open yet? I know that last weekend the area was still fenced off. We are going tomorrow and are hoping that it's open now. :banana:

BradyBz12
05-07-2009, 10:13 PM
Not yet. Latest and greatest info. is in THIS THREAD (http://www.disboards.com/showthread.php?t=2059347&page=59).

69RoadRunner
05-07-2009, 10:13 PM
Does anyone know if the kiddie water area is open yet? I know that last weekend the area was still fenced off. We are going tomorrow and are hoping that it's open now. :banana:

It was not open yesterday, but it looks like it's getting close.

longtimedisneyfan
05-07-2009, 10:22 PM
Thanks! We were hoping it would be ready this weekend. We will be going back for a week the beginning of June so maybe it will be ready by then.

clkelley
05-08-2009, 09:39 AM
That is so funny, Nancy and I were talking about this just this week about how we "our addiction" started back around late 1996 I think when planning what was supposed to be a group trip. We stumbled into RADP first (for those not in the know rec.arts.disney.parks) and then discovered Deb Wills site when it was WDWIG.

Anyone remember the Iago and Zazu threads on RADP? Man they were creative. Anyhoo, not to hijack this thread, I am only halfway through and can't wait to see what news there is on the pool and any photos.

Oh wow!! What a blast from the past!!! Iago and Zazu threads!! I love those two folks!! I still see Bruce (Zazu) a few times a year and I miss Ronnie (Iago) terribly. However, her family's priorities have gone in a different direction than Disney :-(

So Dan, do you have a Trimobius title?? If so, what is it?? Mine was TDC Scoutmom, Creator of the Bug Juice version of Rum Punch!!!

Donna
05-08-2009, 01:31 PM

1996 here too! i found RADP, deb will's was one of the first trip reports i ever read. her site was new then, just getting started, found Disney Information Station which is now DIS, started the aol dvc boards and a dvc chat group. All this with dial up! I know Bruce as well, also his wife, Marta. Have not seen him since he left to work at contemp.

i guess we're pioneers!

clkelley
05-08-2009, 03:29 PM
1996 here too! i found RADP, deb will's was one of the first trip reports i ever read. her site was new then, just getting started, found Disney Information Station which is now DIS, started the aol dvc boards and a dvc chat group. All this with dial up! I know Bruce as well, also his wife, Marta. Have not seen him since he left to work at contemp.

i guess we're pioneers!

Bruce is at Contemporary Resort Concierge, so if your in the area, drop by, he loves to talk to folks!!! (Bruce is actually trying very hard for a position at Guest Relations, at least he was last December.)

Marta is easily found during F&W festival in line for the food demonstrations during weekdays. I swear she lives there!!