PDA

View Full Version : never been before!

katieam1
12-08-2008, 10:53 AM
How is Universal? We are a family of me, DH, DD(2)/will be three when thinking of going and DD (1)/will be almost 2. Is Universal something do-able for us? Will there be enough to do? Do they have packages like Disney? dining, hotel, tickets? I do not even know where to start! We are going to Disney in January and are thinking of either doing Disney again in the fall or try Universal and Maybe Seaworld. Any advice? :)

macraven
12-08-2008, 02:45 PM
let me find the 2 thread that i posted recently.
the families were similar to yours.

i had listed things for littles to do in it.

i'll be back once i find the threads.

disneystick
12-08-2008, 02:45 PM
For your children's ages...I would wait until they are older. Most of the rides at IA are geared towards teens and fast coasters style. While US do have rides for the little ones...still geared towards the 6 and above.

They do have vacation packages. Go to their website for further info.

Have fun planning.

macraven
12-08-2008, 02:53 PM
here is one of the links.

the trip report listed gives good insight.

http://disboards.com/showthread.php?t=2025325

damo
12-08-2008, 03:05 PM
Parks are mostly eye candy for kids that age. IMO, go where you want to go as adults. The kids won't really care. There are lots of places for little ones to play at both parks and that is probably all they will want to do at that age.

Bluer101
12-08-2008, 03:46 PM
Just to let you know my son has been going since he was 1 1/2 old and loves every minute. When he was younger we did the basic things, Barney , playgrounds, shows, Jimmy, Sherk, Suess Landing, Etc. But as he gets older (now almost 7) he enjoys everything he can go on. The 3 things he is not allowed to go one due to height is, DD, Hulk, and Doom, but he wants to go so bad, maybe this summer.:)

Like damo said, "Parks are mostly eye candy for kids that age." Its true they normally look all around and enjoy the new views.:thumbsup2

macraven
12-08-2008, 04:54 PM
very well said!!

you and damo made excellent posts here

if you want a colorful place for a little, Seussland will fit the bill

OP, i'm still seeking out the other thread that is aimed for children 3 and under to do.

katieam1
12-08-2008, 05:45 PM
Great! Thank you for all the info! I have never been there so my husband and I were interested (we love rides) but with the kids it is harder. I want to make sure if we do family vacations it is for all to have fun! Maybe Seaworld would be better....!

Metro West
12-08-2008, 06:26 PM
Great! Thank you for all the info! I have never been there so my husband and I were interested (we love rides) but with the kids it is harder. I want to make sure if we do family vacations it is for all to have fun! Maybe Seaworld would be better....!Sea World would be a lot of fun for your kids...especially if they like animals. The shows are great and there is a whole kid's section. Try Universal when they get older. :thumbsup2

Bluer101
12-08-2008, 06:36 PM
Great! Thank you for all the info! I have never been there so my husband and I were interested (we love rides) but with the kids it is harder. I want to make sure if we do family vacations it is for all to have fun! Maybe Seaworld would be better....!

If you guys like rides then you can use baby swap.:thumbsup2

macraven
12-08-2008, 07:06 PM
yes, the baby swap is fantastic there!

air conditioned rooms, couches, chairs, a nice set up for the family.

and if you have more than just the 2 adults with you, when you swap, the rest of the party with you can ride again with the other adult.