PDA

View Full Version : Premium Reservations

gmflanigan
12-07-2008, 03:53 PM
We had premium reservations last week. We were there bright and early on Sunday morning. They had us registered under a preferred site. Fortunately I had my reservation slip--they weren't going to change.

Finally--they put us in loop 500 which I had requested but sent us to the holding area along with many many others. 2 1/2 hours later after many many calls they let us go in. Interestingly enough we were in 556 which is the last spot. At 10 am we took the bus down to the loop to check things out and it was already empty. What a way to start the trip:sad2:

The loop eventually filled up but not until way after the 1 pm check in time. Several others said they had to wait also--even though the sites were already empty:confused: :confused:

Hope others trips start better. The holidy spirit was not shining while we were there.:sad2:

auntie
12-07-2008, 04:02 PM
You know, I read things like this all the time. It does make you wonder...does anyone actually LOOK at the sites.:confused3 Or are they just looking at a computer screen. Or in regards to the bus situation. Several people have commented as to the changes implemented. Does someone who actually WORKS in FW ever go out and take a bus to each of the parks? Or is this all about consolidating and saving money. :rolleyes1
Sometimes the management at FW reminds of the weather man. He's telling you it's a beautiful sunny day. Only it's pouring buckets of rain outside. You wonder if the guy ever looks out a window?...:confused:

gmflanigan
12-07-2008, 04:05 PM
You know, I read things like this all the time. It does make you wonder...does anyone actually LOOK at the sites.:confused3 Or are they just looking at a computer screen. Or in regards to the bus situation. Several people have commented as to the changes implemented. Does someone who actually WORKS in FW ever go out and take a bus to each of the parks? Or is this all about consolidating and saving money. :rolleyes1
Sometimes the management at FW reminds of the weather man. He's telling you it's a beautiful sunny day. Only it's pouring buckets of rain outside. You wonder if the guy ever looks out a window?...:confused:

I have wondered the same thing. No knows for sure but the mouse.

becky1960
12-07-2008, 05:30 PM
I have seen on my various trips to FW where sites become empty and then later a CM comes and sweeps then and rakes sand ETC. and then I have heard them call in by radio the site is ready. As they are having cutbacks they probably have fewer CM's getting sites ready for the OK...

Mmketeer
12-09-2008, 05:22 PM
We had premium reservations last week. We were there bright and early on Sunday morning. They had us registered under a preferred site. Fortunately I had my reservation slip--they weren't going to change.

Finally--they put us in loop 500 which I had requested but sent us to the holding area along with many many others. 2 1/2 hours later after many many calls they let us go in. Interestingly enough we were in 556 which is the last spot. At 10 am we took the bus down to the loop to check things out and it was already empty. What a way to start the trip:sad2:

The loop eventually filled up but not until way after the 1 pm check in time. Several others said they had to wait also--even though the sites were already empty:confused: :confused:

Hope others trips start better. The holidy spirit was not shining while we were there.:sad2:

Yeah wow that is a crapy way to start your FW stay. I am glad you had your confirmation, I always bring mine too just in case. You know when I was there Thanksgiving week we had no wait checking in and their was a whaite Disney van with some one on a walkie talkie it seemed driving through our 800loop several times a day. I was hoping it was someone notifying the front office what the status was of the sites in the loop. If their not doing this, it sounds like they should start.

U.P. North
12-10-2008, 12:27 PM

So my question is (I have never camped there yet -June 09 -). If your in the holding area, how do you know when you can goto your site? :confused3

2goofycampers
12-10-2008, 12:45 PM
They gave us a card with a phone # to call.