PDA

View Full Version : Bus System

gmflanigan
12-07-2008, 03:45 PM
We just got back from a 6 night stay. The bus system at the Fort was a disaster. A one point there were 7 buses waiting at the Depot--Epcot, DD,HS AK, Settlement Yellow & Settlement Orange. The bus drivers are not happy. It seems when they moved HS to the Depot it created quite a traffic jam. They didn't ask the drivers--just brought in college grads with new ideas.

Oh well, we were lucky in getting off and on but the traffic jam had lots of people short on patience.:sad1: :sad1:

Judy Judy Judy
12-07-2008, 03:47 PM
It was the single worse thing about our last trip. We ended up driving the last 5 days we were there. :rolleyes:

gmflanigan
12-07-2008, 03:55 PM
I hope somebody pays attention and fixes it. LOL.

JPG
12-08-2008, 08:23 AM
I couldn't agree more. And....Now it is very hard to find room to park your golf cart up front. What really gets me is they just got through adding extra cart parking near the rear bus stop and now it just sits there getting no use :confused3 Does not make sense...:sad2:

PPFDDisneyLover
12-08-2008, 08:42 AM
I think their belief was that if they put in cart parking near the settlement stop w/ electric, we would go there instead of out front. I can't agree more, the bussing was bad from the outpost. We decided early on to take a boat whenever possible. We would take it to etiher MK or to a resort and then get on one of their busses. Sitting at the outpost for 45 minutes waiting for a bus is rediculous!

Tri-circle-D
12-08-2008, 01:21 PM
You know, it wasn't that long ago that there were no direct buses at all from the Fort to any of the parks. Back then, you would have to catch a Boone or Crockett bus and go to the Transportation and Ticket center to catch a bus to a theme park.

It is good for the Fort, IMHO, that the Fort shares the park buses with WL. I have found that the Fort transportation compares favorably to what is provided at WDW's other on-site resorts. But lately, things do seem to have slowed down considerably. :(

I agree that it does not make sense for all of the buses to leave from the Outpost. Why not have the buses leave from the Settlement? Since the buses to the theme parks travel back and forth to WL, wouldn't it be easier and quicker to use the road that goes right between these two resorts, instead of what is currently done (exiting the Fort or WL and driving the long way around?).

Doesn't make sense to me, either.:confused3

TCD

Us3
12-08-2008, 01:32 PM
Sorry you had a bad experience with the transporation! :sad1: We've been hearing so many bad reports about that lately!

We take busses to all of the parks (except MK, take the boat for that). But I can honestly say that we've never had an issue with the transporation even as of lately. We do however use a golf cart inside the resort and only take busses from the outpost.

I do agree that it would be great to use the road between WL and FW.:idea: I've resented going ALL the way around many times when I'm holding a sleeping toddler and my feet hurt, haha.

mdoc
12-08-2008, 02:10 PM
We usually drive to the parks, but there was one day during T'giving week when just DD and I wanted to go to HS, so we took the bus. It was pure luck that I looked at the materials they gave us at check-in, because I was all set to walk to the Settlement to catch the HS bus, not realizing that things had changed since our last visit. We lucked out - there was a HS bus waiting at the Outpost when our Yellow bus pulled in, but I did see some bus jams there at other times. I think we'll just continue to drive.