PDA

View Full Version : Cabins and car.

Vickmeys
12-04-2008, 10:15 AM
We have always stayed at POP when we have visited WDW. But in Dec. 2009 I think I want to stay at Ft. Wilderness. It looks great!!! We are driving, and we will drive to all parks. Is this going to be a problem if we stay in a cabin? Can we drive where we want to in Ft. Wilderness without renting a golf cart? :confused3

Thanks!

2goofycampers
12-04-2008, 10:27 AM
No problem. You can drive to the Meadows store and park for a short amount of time. Everywhere else you will need to use internal bus system. To the MK, the easiest way is bus to marina and boat over to the MK. The golf cart definitely would be handy to get around and see the sights, but not a necessity. Some at least rent for 1 nite to check out the decorations.

Vickmeys
12-04-2008, 10:50 AM
Thank you! :thumbsup2

mdoc
12-04-2008, 07:47 PM
Other than at the trading post for a short time, you can only park your car right at your cabin or in the parking lot by the Outpost. However, we've always found that the bus system works well. We've never rented a golf cart while we were at the Fort. I think it's a little easier to get by without a golf cart in the camping loops because they're closer to the Meadows Pool, campfire and the settlement, but I've always found the internal buses to be quick and reliable. We drive to the parks, so we're never under time pressure with the internal buses anyway.

Vickmeys
12-04-2008, 07:57 PM
Thanks mdoc!

JoanneNC
12-04-2008, 08:00 PM
We were there for a week in Aug. We rented a golf cart although we had a car with us. We didn't want to deal with the bus to the bus or the bus to the boat transfers with 2 kids, one being in a stroller. We found driving/parking to the parks (excluding MK) was super fast and easy. The golf cart was an adventure in itself, easy to do laundry, tour the grounds, go for dinner, etc

It's a great place to stay regardless but we will be carting this summer