PDA

View Full Version : Water restrictions.

amid chaos
05-11-2002, 06:23 AM
Do you have them in your area?

Our mandatory started yesterday. I can water with a hose before 7am or after 7pm on odd days only. So, I was out at 6:30 watering my stuff. Took me all of 15 minutes...I love that time of morning.

gina2000
05-11-2002, 06:25 AM
We're headed toward them, Amid. North of me, they are already in place....no car washing, lawn sprinkling etc. I believe they can still water by hand.

gina2000
05-11-2002, 06:29 AM
I take that back, Amid. I'm under all those restrictions also.

I just went to take a look.

I can water between 8pm and 6am by hand or with a nozzled hose only.

Lanshark
05-11-2002, 06:56 PM
We've had them for several years in the Atlanta area and even though we have had a very wet spring I am sure we will have them this summer. I believe you can water ever other day before 10am and after 10pm.

Mamu
05-12-2002, 11:25 AM
We are in Phase IV of five Phase V program. Water gardens only on an odd even basis. Up till 9 in the morning and after 5 in the afternoon. Fines start at $200.00

DixieDreamer
05-12-2002, 11:31 AM
We do not have water restrictions - but I act like we do. Mainly because we irrigate from our well - and I am always cautious about not putting too much demand on the system for prolonged periods of time - as it can cause draw downs and cave ins of the well. So I water for about 2 hours a day through the growing season - usually in the morning or late in the evening. I have to stay on top of it though in order to cycle through all the planting areas and lawn ... or things dry out too much in our hot desert environment.

I have kept all my plantings in a confined area and the lawn is very small. This makes it easier to manage and less watering efforts.

TigH
05-12-2002, 12:17 PM
We have them too. Even and odd number house thingy. We're even, so we can only water on Thursday and Sunday. And there is NO watering allowed between 10:00 am and 4:00 pm. Surprisingly, there are days when we see the county and state government buildings watering their shrubs/grass during the no watering hours...:rolleyes:

Kermit
05-16-2002, 03:02 AM
We don't have any right now, but when we do, it's usually that we have to use the hose instead of inground sprinkler systems. The sprinklers are easy, but my garden does better when I use the hose.

TimNDansMom
05-16-2002, 09:50 AM
We have had them here for several years now. Ours is 6~9am and 6~9pm on the odd calendar days since our address is odd numbers. It runs from May 1 to September 31. Last year was the first time that it changed over to a compete ban during the summer.