PDA

View Full Version : Nikki & Rob's PJ Wishes VR 11/9/09 WP, GF *We leave Sun. morning!!*

Desnik
11-30-2008, 08:13 PM
Welcome to my new PJ!!!! I am so excited to be planning again!:banana:
You can see my original PJ here:
http://www.disboards.com/showthread.php?t=1675539

We have had a change of plans so I am starting a new PJ. Here's what we have so far:

Date: Monday November 9th, 2009
Ceremony: WP 5pm
Cocktail hour: White Hall Patio
Reception: White Hall Room
Transportation: Cindy's Coach
I have already booked the venues above and everything was available!!:cool1:

We are doing a fall theme. It is our favorite time of year and the usual time we visit WDW. We love all the colors of fall and will be using them for the cake and invitations and decor.

Vendors we hope to use:
Photography: Misty Miotto
Videography: Star Fruit Productions
Hair/makeup: Ana Beaute Speciale
Dress pressing: Carolyn Allens
Officiant: Kevin Knox

I have a guest list of 75 but expect about 40-50 to actually come. I already have 25 definite guests coming. We will have both adults and kids and we plan to have Mickey come too! We still plan on making our own invites with cards and pockets and making our own newsletter to send to our guests before they get the save the dates from Disney. We will be doing a site visit in January and I can't wait to see it all in person!:love: I am still in love with the same dress, Paloma Blanca style # 3807 but haven't tried any dresses on yet.

I will add some new pictures because the ones on my original PJ are so tiny. Not sure how/why that happened. Anyway, I will be back with questions and updates so stay tuned!

padisneyfour
11-30-2008, 09:21 PM
WooHOO! Congrats on getting your venues! your plans so far sound great looking forward to hearing more...:goodvibes

Desnik
12-01-2008, 01:05 PM
WooHOO! Congrats on getting your venues! your plans so far sound great looking forward to hearing more...:goodvibes

Thank you!!!

Desnik
12-01-2008, 01:28 PM
Here is a better picture of the newsletter DH and I made. It is the original one so we have to change the dates on it and I want to change the picture too. All the wording will stay the same and the format too.:
http://im1.shutterfly.com/media/47b8dc24b3127ccec31fc9296e8a00000010O00AZtWTlszZuG IPbz4c/cC/f%3D0/ps%3D50/r%3D0/rx%3D550/ry%3D400/

BTW, my real name is Dominique, but everyone calls me Nikki. I will be using my real name for everything like invitations, etc...

Questions....
Can anyone recommend an officiant? We are not religious so we need someone who is ok with not having anything religious in our ceremony. I would like to book someone ASAP. Also, when should I book everything else like photographer, video?

Disneyaddict1973
12-01-2008, 08:29 PM
Just want to tell you CONGRATS!!!!!:banana: Happy Planning!

Desnik
12-04-2008, 11:42 AM
Just want to tell you CONGRATS!!!!!:banana: Happy Planning!

Thanks!!

Desnik
12-04-2008, 11:51 AM
I have a bunch of questions!
I need help with an officiant! Can anyone recommend one that will do a non religious ceremony?
**I think I found one. We are looking into booking Kevin Knox**

When am I suppose to be booking my vendors?

Also, should I be dress shopping now?

Anyone have any ideas for a fall themed favor for my guests? Keep in mind I don't want anything liquid, or edible.

I really wanted a dessert party, so does DH. With my ceremony being at 5pm a dessert party that night is out. Is is weird to have the dessert party the night before? Maybe as a welcome party?

When should I receive my contract? I see some Dec '09 brides have gotten a contract already!

Desnik
12-11-2008, 02:45 PM
BUMPING, in hopes of getting some answers to my questions.:)

GlobalDiva
12-12-2008, 09:05 AM
I need help with an officiant! Can anyone recommend one that will do a non religious ceremony?

Anyone have any ideas for a fall themed favor for my guests? Keep in mind I don't want anything liquid, or edible.

I really wanted a dessert party, so does DH. With my ceremony being at 5pm a dessert party that night is out. Is is weird to have the dessert party the night before? Maybe as a welcome party?

When should I receive my contract? I see some Dec '09 brides have gotten a contract already!

Hey Nikki =)

I myself booked my photographer almost a year before the wedding (1-24-09) (www.cpoweddings.com) just because we loved their pics and met with them and decided to book right after. A big part of the wedding right there that I took care of early on.

I also found my dress about 10 months before too. I'm of the mindset that once you find a dress that you love and that looks amazing on you, you don't need to keep on looking forever just in case "something better" comes along. You'll just drive yourself crazy.

I got my contract a year before my wedding date.

Can't tell you much about dessert parties unfortunately :confused:

I'll think about your autumn wedding favor question ;)

Desnik
12-12-2008, 12:54 PM
Thank you for the help and info!

I received 2 emails from DFTW yesterday. Boy I had trouble with that room block, but I think I have it figured out now. Bill said once I send him that info he can send me my letter of agreement.

What happens if I sign the letter of agreement and then want to change the reception site?

I think we are going to go with Kevin Knox as our officiant and do the "hands" ceremony. He sent me one for a vow renewal and it is so perfect!

I know I want to book Misty for photography and Ana from Beaute Speciale for hair and makeup so I should contact them to see if they are available. I think I will do that today.

I am on the fence about having a videographer. I love Star Fruit Productions. Their videos are amazing. I am just not sure if I should have a video or not. We'll see.

I am so nervous to go dress shopping! I don't know why but I keep putting it off! My mom is dying to go with me and she insists on buying my dress. She didn't get to do it for me the first time and she wants to do it now. I tried arguing with her, but that has done me no good!LOL I just love that she is so into all this with me and I can call her and pick her brain about things! It is a lot of planning but I am having fun doing it.

I am going to schedual a site visit for our Jan. trip. I now want to see the Napa room in person. It usually isn't my style, but I just love this room. I am also in love with that view. I really wanted to see fireworks with my guests. If I keep the times I have and venue that will be impossible on the day of our vow renewal. But, if I switch to the Napa room we can see Wishes from there. That would be great. I'll have to get DH on the same page though cause he loves the idea of doing everything at the GF. It's his favorite place!

As for the room block. I had to pick the GF because that is where we will be staying as well as my mom and I think my dad will stay there too.(they are divorced) I picked ASMo and CBR(because of the recent renovation there). I am going to use my DVC points for my sisters family and MIL. I am going to put them at AKV. I plan on letting the limo pick them up and bring them to the WP. Then get the charter bus for the guests at the CBR and ASMo. The limo can also pick up my parents at the GF and drive them over to the WP.

Now as for how I am getting to the WP. DH insists on Cindy's carriage! I want it too but that price is killing me. He says it's Cindy's carriage or nothing!LOL So, I am wondering where does the carriage pick me up exactly? After the ceremony will it drop us off at the reception if it's at the White Hall room? How long do you get the carriage for?

Another thing about the carriage. Should we all go in it to the WP? Meaning my DH, myself and our 2 kids? We will all be getting ready in the same room together and taking pictures together before the ceremony so we will all already see each other. I just thought it is silly to make DH wait for me at the WP. We will be walking down the aisle together too. What do you guys think?

Desnik
12-12-2008, 02:03 PM
Here are a few pics of cake designs I really like:
http://im1.shutterfly.com/media/47b8cc33b3127ccec58da7d3c89100000040O00AZtWTlszZuG IPbz4c/cC/f%3D0/ps%3D50/r%3D0/rx%3D550/ry%3D400/
http://im1.shutterfly.com/media/47b8cc33b3127ccec58d30f5095400000040O00AZtWTlszZuG IPbz4c/cC/f%3D0/ps%3D50/r%3D0/rx%3D550/ry%3D400/

Desnik
12-12-2008, 02:04 PM
Here are some more:
http://im1.shutterfly.com/media/47b8cc33b3127ccec58cd1fb69fe00000040O00AZtWTlszZuG IPbz4c/cC/f%3D0/ps%3D50/r%3D0/rx%3D720/ry%3D480/
http://im1.shutterfly.com/media/47b8cc33b3127ccec58c5e37a8dd00000040O00AZtWTlszZuG IPbz4c/cC/f%3D0/ps%3D50/r%3D0/rx%3D720/ry%3D480/

trudy88
12-13-2008, 08:57 AM
I particularly like the green one; it's so different...

Desnik
12-20-2008, 06:23 PM
That's what I thought of the green one, it's different and I like it!
DH, not so much!:rotfl: He really doesn't like any of them, but I'll work on him.

The room block info is sent in and we are set for our site visit in Jan. I am starting to worry DH might not like the White Hall room. He is very picky and particular and I am worried that picture of that bird on the wall in there will have him running for the door!LOL We shall see....

I plan on going dress shopping in Jan after the holidays. My mom and 2 sisters will join me. We are all so excited!

padisneyfour
12-20-2008, 06:35 PM
all the cakes are pretty! good luck with all your plans!:goodvibes

c1nd3r311a52010
12-20-2008, 07:19 PM
I love the green cake so unusual.

mcarthur205
12-25-2008, 05:46 PM

Congratulations on getting your VR booked with DFTW! I booked Randy even before I booked my date lol! And I booked my other vendors as soon as I had my date. And you should definitely go dress shopping soon!

I think a dessert party as a welcome party would be great! I think I've read one or two TRs where the brides did this. Do you want Illuminations or Wishes?

Desnik
12-28-2008, 02:14 PM
mcarthur205
Thanks!
I would want Illuminations cause it is my favorite! I am still on the fence if I will do it.

So, I just found out 2 more families will be coming to our VR!!! That is 7 more people. It is so exciting that everyone we have talked to is so excited and happy to join us at WDW. I have to say I have not had one person question why Disney, or think it was crazy. Everyone has been like when and where can we stay! They seem to all be making it their family vacation and will be staying for the week. This makes me want to plan some group outings. Hmmm I'll have to think more about that!

I'm not sure if I posted this yet, but I blocked rooms at the GF, CBR, and ASMo. I picked our comp night for the night before the wedding. I am now rethinking this. I just read that they give you a concierge room. I do not want to have to move from my room the day of the wedding, or at any time. I will either ask them to down grade(will they do that?) or upgrade to concierge for the week! The resort snob that my DH is will probably want to up grade for the week!LOL We will see.

I am waiting till the new year to go dress shopping. I am getting excited about it.

I have been thinking a lot about the reception. The colors, decor, centerpieces, linens. Wow, it is overwhelming! I think I am going to go with chocolate brown table cloths, with a sheer dark orange runner. Then whatever we do for centerpieces, I want all the fall colors in it. Brown, dark red, orange, yellow, green. I would love to incorporate small pumpkins some how. I still have no idea what to do for favors. I wanted to do something different, useable, and easy to transport back to NY. I'm going to scour the internet for pictures of some ideas. I'll post pictures if I find anything good.

Desnik
12-28-2008, 02:41 PM
Some favor ideas:
Candle:
http://www.2heartsweddingfavors.com/members/1412591/uploaded/20064BG.jpg

Soap:
http://www.2heartsweddingfavors.com/members/1412591/uploaded/WMapleSoap.jpg

Desnik
12-29-2008, 02:47 PM
So, I sat down with DH last night to go over some wedding stuff. He looked at all the ideas I had and we looked at pictures of the rooms at the GF to have the reception. Well, he is OK with the fall colors, but not as a theme! He wants it to be more Disney themed. So, can anyone help me with ideas on how to make the reception more Disney? He loved the look of the WP and said that says Disney to him. But when looking at the White Hall room he didn't feel it. I had a feeling once he saw better pictures of it he would have some issues!LOL He said it looks like any other room in a catering hall. He said he can find that any where in NY. He wants a look he can't get in NY. So, with keeping the same colors, how can I make it more Disney while still keeping it classy? Should we change the reception site? BTW, he didn't like the Napa Room either. That was my plan "B". Help!

honey2741
12-29-2008, 09:42 PM
Some favor ideas:
Candle:
http://www.2heartsweddingfavors.com/members/1412591/uploaded/20064BG.jpg

Is this an edible cake? Cute.

lpizzuro123
12-30-2008, 09:37 AM
He loved the look of the WP and said that says Disney to him. But when looking at the White Hall room he didn't feel it. I had a feeling once he saw better pictures of it he would have some issues!LOL He said it looks like any other room in a catering hall. He said he can find that any where in NY. He wants a look he can't get in NY. So, with keeping the same colors, how can I make it more Disney while still keeping it classy? Should we change the reception site? BTW, he didn't like the Napa Room either. That was my plan "B". Help!

While I love the look of the GF and the White Hall room, I know exactially what he means. My DH and I are also from NY and have to alot of weddings in catering halls and while they are beautiful - they are not Disney and our love of Disney is what made us want to get married there. We chose Atlantic Dance Hall for our reception and it was exactially what we wanted. We had 50 guests - so we had 5 tables of 10 set up on the dance floor and it really looked beautiful. I have a few pictures downloaded and will add them here but I do not want to take up all your thread so let me know if you would like to see more. Misty was our photographer. We did a 9:00am ceremony in Epcot, a 10:00 to 3:00 reception in ADH and an IllumiNations Dessert Party in the UK. We would also not budge on the Dessert Party - IllumiNations is our favorite thing in Disney and for us it would not be a Disney wedding without it.

The dance floor all set up.
http://i135.photobucket.com/albums/q136/lpizzuro123/cf1f32a2.jpg

Everyone on the dance floor.
http://i135.photobucket.com/albums/q136/lpizzuro123/8ebca5fe.jpg

Our first dance.
http://i135.photobucket.com/albums/q136/lpizzuro123/35bfa95d.jpg

Close up of our centerpieces.
http://i135.photobucket.com/albums/q136/lpizzuro123/8c7ee9af.jpg

Our cake table.
http://i135.photobucket.com/albums/q136/lpizzuro123/ca9fd77d.jpg

Linda

Desnik
12-30-2008, 10:07 AM
Is this an edible cake? Cute.

It's a candle! I think it's adorable, DH, not so much!:lmao:

Desnik
12-30-2008, 10:11 AM
While I love the look of the GF and the White Hall room, I know exactially what he means. My DH and I are also from NY and have to alot of weddings in catering halls and while they are beautiful - they are not Disney and our love of Disney is what made us want to get married there. We chose Atlantic Dance Hall for our reception and it was exactially what we wanted. We had 50 guests - so we had 5 tables of 10 set up on the dance floor and it really looked beautiful. I have a few pictures downloaded and will add them here but I do not want to take up all your thread so let me know if you would like to see more. Misty was our photographer. We did a 9:00am ceremony in Epcot, a 10:00 to 3:00 reception in ADH and an IllumiNations Dessert Party in the UK. We would also not budge on the Dessert Party - IllumiNations is our favorite thing in Disney and for us it would not be a Disney wedding without it.

Thank you so much for the pictures! We have been in there before and love the look of it. He wanted to see pictures of it set up for a wedding so this is perfect! I will show it to him tonight. Can you only have it during the day or can it be rented for an evening reception?

I am all scheduled for the site visit on Jan 27 at 1pm! I can't wait. I added the GF ball rooms to the list of rooms to see. I figured the outside spots at Epcot we can look at ourselves, and we've seen the ADH so we should be good.

lpizzuro123
12-30-2008, 10:19 AM
No problem - let me know if you would like to see more photos. I know there are certain days of the week that you can only use this for daytime receptions. I believe you cannot use it on a weekend in the evening - but as your VR is taking place on a Monday - you should have no problem. Our wedding was also a Monday - November 10, 2008 - so our One Year Anniversary will be the day before your VR. We are planning on being down in Disney for our anniversary so maybe we will take a sneak peak of yours.

Linda

Desnik
12-30-2008, 10:39 AM
No problem - let me know if you would like to see more photos. I know there are certain days of the week that you can only use this for daytime receptions. I believe you cannot use it on a weekend in the evening - but as your VR is taking place on a Monday - you should have no problem. Our wedding was also a Monday - November 10, 2008 - so our One Year Anniversary will be the day before your VR. We are planning on being down in Disney for our anniversary so maybe we will take a sneak peak of yours.

Linda

That would be so cool you are more than welcome to take a sneak peak! I will let you know if I need more pictures to show DH. The ones you posted are great. Thank you so much!!!

lpizzuro123
12-30-2008, 11:09 AM
From your journal.
Vendors we hope to use:
Photography: Misty Miotto
Videography: Star Fruit Productions
Hair/makeup: Ana Beaute Speciale
Dress pressing: Carolyn Allens
Officiant: Kevin Knox

Rereading your journal, I realized we have alot of the same vendors. We used Misty, I used Ana and we used CA for our tux rental and dress pressing. We also used Kevin Knox.

My hair and makeup by Ana - and why we both just loved Misty so much.
http://i135.photobucket.com/albums/q136/lpizzuro123/78b68228.jpg

Kevin Knox - he did a wonderful job and made us feel very comfortable.
http://i135.photobucket.com/albums/q136/lpizzuro123/333f7d86.jpg

Linda

Desnik
12-31-2008, 02:43 PM
Thank you Linda so much for sharing your pictures! You look beautiful! Your makeup looks so natural, I love it! Glad to hear you were happy with your vendors since we hope to use the same ones!;)

Today I am all excited because I just realized I am finally going to be able to go into Franck's!! I have been dying to get in there!! Our site visit is all set for 1pm on the 27th, only a couple of weeks away! Our kids will be with us and I am so hoping they will be on their best behavior! They are 10 and 5 and are usually good. I think a little bribery will help!LOL We will be on our family vacation and I don't have any other option then to take them with us.

Happy New Year everyone!:goodvibes

lpizzuro123
12-31-2008, 03:21 PM
I just love sharing our pictures :goodvibes :goodvibes .

Here is another one that Misty took while Ana was getting me ready.

http://i135.photobucket.com/albums/q136/lpizzuro123/a504b55a.jpg

And here is the final product.
http://i135.photobucket.com/albums/q136/lpizzuro123/05ec78d4.jpg

That is so great that you will be down in Disney soon for your planning session. You will have to report back here an let us know all your choices.

Have fun.

Linda

Desnik
01-02-2009, 04:47 PM
I just had to post that I just booked my MIL's room for our VR!! I am excited I got what I wanted. We are DVC members so I used our points to get her and her girlfriend 2 nights at AKV studio savannah view. She will be so excited and has no idea we are doing this for her! Wow, it's all starting to feel so real!LOL Just a few more weeks until our site visit and I think I have to add another location to visit! DH wants to see the American Adventure Parlor. I hope we can add that to visit. We will be visiting the White Hall room and patio and the GF ballrooms.

Desnik
01-07-2009, 05:09 PM
Just wanted to updat that my MIL is the best!:thumbsup2 She is driving to Orlando(she lives in Boynton Beach) the day of our site visit to watch our kids so DH and I can go to our site visit alone! She is so awesome. She and her GF will drive up that morning and they will stay over that night at the POP just for us and to see the kids of course! I am so grateful.

I am not going to add the AA Parlor to view on our site visit. DH will just have to pick between a GF ballroom or stay with the Whitehall room. I am putting my foot down!LOL;)

Desnik
01-15-2009, 06:01 PM
I just wanted to post that we sent in our deposit today!!!:banana:

Desnik
01-17-2009, 09:28 AM
We revamped or Newsletters and they are done! We will send them out in Feb.

http://im1.shutterfly.com/media/47b9df36b3127ccec676a5f4b40100000040O00AZtWTlszZuG IPbz4c/cC/f%3D0/ps%3D50/r%3D0/rx%3D550/ry%3D400/

Desnik
01-19-2009, 09:47 AM
Inspiration colors for my bouquet:
http://i250.photobucket.com/albums/gg262/desnik31/SUC50173_medium.jpg

Inspiration for centerpieces:
http://i250.photobucket.com/albums/gg262/desnik31/centerpieces-20fall-20wedding-1.jpg

Desnik
02-05-2009, 04:31 PM
I haven't updated my PJ cause frankly I felt no one was too interested. I guess I feel like I haven't gotten many responses since I started this new PJ, and people just lost interest. OK, enough of me feeling sorry for myself!LOL I am hear to update with my site visit and add pictures incase it may help someone else.

Site Visit:
My MIL drove up from Boynton Beach with her girlfriend and met us at our resort, the BCV. We were in WDW celebrating my DD's 11th Bday. Both kids had no idea their grandma was coming. It was such a great surprise. She watched them at our resort and DH and I went to Franck's.

We took a cab and got there right on time. I was like a kid walking towards this place!LOL I was all giddy like DH and I weren't married yet. He was just LOL at me and I was instructing him to take a picture of everything. I loved it in there. We took tons of pictures.

We met with Bill and he took us to see the WP. It was so beautiful. Pictures do not do it justice. I couldn't believe that we will actually be renewing our vows there. It was perfect. Bill was great and answered all my questions. I did ask about the carpet and he said it was being changed but he didn't say if it would be different.

We moved onto the White Hall room. Now DH really needed convincing about this room. We both wanted everything to be at the GF, but he had issues with the room. He hated the carpet and the drapes and birds on the wall. He loved the patio, the fact that it was so private, and the shape of the room. We both loved how you had the monorail overhead and the castle in the background. I had no idea how well you could see it from there. We saw the other smaller ballrooms and he didn't like them. So after talking and looking at a ton of wedding pics we made a decision. We are doing the reception at the White Patio. We will do the cocktail hour in the White Hall room and the reception on the patio. We will utilize both rooms but the main "room" is the patio. We will be able to watch Wishes(a huge plus for me cause I wanted to see fireworks so badly on that night)and we will have them pipe the music in. We will have the whole outside illuminated with candle light. We will also do the taller "cocktail" style tables under the covered area and have 5 regular round tables that seat 10 each outside. The string quartet will also be outside. If the weather doesn't cooperate we will just have it inside.

This was something we were both really happy with and I can't wait to see how it all comes together. BTW, we will have some type of drapery to cover the birds.LOL It may not be a big deal to some but it really bothered him. I totally understood.

The White Hall Patio:
http://i250.photobucket.com/albums/gg262/desnik31/DSC03180.jpg

Desnik
02-05-2009, 04:34 PM
Sorry I tried to resize the picture but I am having problems with photobucket today! I will try to post more and fix that one.

lpizzuro123
02-05-2009, 04:53 PM
Glad you had fun down in Disney. Your plans sound great. Being able to have the White Hall Room and outside patio sounds perfect. I love that the monorail is right there and I didn't realize you could get Wishes piped in to that location. We will probably be down in Disney for our One Year Anniversary (November 10) so we will be down there for your VR. Maybe we can run into each other at some point.

Looking forward to reading more and seeing more photos.

Linda

Desnik
02-05-2009, 05:01 PM
Thanks so much Linda!

Let's see if I can do better with these pictures!

White Hall Patio with MK in the background:
http://im1.shutterfly.com/media/47b9dc24b3127ccec61e3d18181e00000040O00AZtWTlszZuG IPbz4c/cC/f%3D0/ps%3D50/r%3D0/rx%3D550/ry%3D400/

Another picture of the patio:
http://im1.shutterfly.com/media/47b9dc24b3127ccec61f0083f97f00000040O00AZtWTlszZuG IPbz4c/cC/f%3D0/ps%3D50/r%3D0/rx%3D550/ry%3D400/

One more:
http://im1.shutterfly.com/media/47b9dc24b3127ccec61fe70ab91d00000040O00AZtWTlszZuG IPbz4c/cC/f%3D0/ps%3D50/r%3D0/rx%3D550/ry%3D400/

Desnik
02-05-2009, 05:05 PM
The White Hall Room:
http://im1.shutterfly.com/media/47b9dc24b3127ccec61f4f3b384800000040O00AZtWTlszZuG IPbz4c/cC/f%3D0/ps%3D50/r%3D0/rx%3D550/ry%3D400/

http://im1.shutterfly.com/media/47b9dc24b3127ccec61ee6a3585000000040O00AZtWTlszZuG IPbz4c/cC/f%3D0/ps%3D50/r%3D0/rx%3D550/ry%3D400/

Inside Frack's:
This cake is a bit over $11,000 and feeds 500!
http://im1.shutterfly.com/media/47b9dc24b3127ccec61e241a588800000040O00AZtWTlszZuG IPbz4c/cC/f%3D0/ps%3D50/r%3D0/rx%3D550/ry%3D400/

Cindy Coach centerpiece:
http://im1.shutterfly.com/media/47b9dc24b3127ccec61f173ab95500000040O00AZtWTlszZuG IPbz4c/cC/f%3D0/ps%3D50/r%3D0/rx%3D550/ry%3D400/

Table setting with colors I love!
http://im1.shutterfly.com/media/47b9dc24b3127ccec61f21e238a600000040O00AZtWTlszZuG IPbz4c/cC/f%3D0/ps%3D50/r%3D0/rx%3D550/ry%3D400/

Keira1387
02-05-2009, 05:19 PM
I think you will be very happy with WHR&P we had our pre-reception there and loved it. Also we used the coach as our centerpiece! Can't wait to hear more.

Desnik
02-05-2009, 05:27 PM
I love these and I must have them!LOL Chocolate place "cards".
http://im1.shutterfly.com/media/47b9dc24b3127ccec61f2f5ab92900000040O00AZtWTlszZuG IPbz4c/cC/f%3D0/ps%3D50/r%3D0/rx%3D550/ry%3D400/

Other random pictures from Franck's:
http://im1.shutterfly.com/media/47b9dc24b3127ccec61f2d61b91300000040O00AZtWTlszZuG IPbz4c/cC/f%3D0/ps%3D50/r%3D0/rx%3D550/ry%3D400/

http://im1.shutterfly.com/media/47b9dc24b3127ccec61fd550386e00000040O00AZtWTlszZuG IPbz4c/cC/f%3D0/ps%3D50/r%3D0/rx%3D550/ry%3D400/

http://im1.shutterfly.com/media/47b9dc24b3127ccec61e9edcd92300000040O00AZtWTlszZuG IPbz4c/cC/f%3D0/ps%3D50/r%3D0/rx%3D720/ry%3D480/

Desnik
02-05-2009, 05:29 PM
A few more:
http://im1.shutterfly.com/media/47b9dc24b3127ccec61faa2cf98500000040O00AZtWTlszZuG IPbz4c/cC/f%3D0/ps%3D50/r%3D0/rx%3D720/ry%3D480/

http://im1.shutterfly.com/media/47b9dc24b3127ccec61eac0c58da00000040O00AZtWTlszZuG IPbz4c/cC/f%3D0/ps%3D50/r%3D0/rx%3D720/ry%3D480/

http://im1.shutterfly.com/media/47b9dc24b3127ccec61f7f56b90d00000040O00AZtWTlszZuG IPbz4c/cC/f%3D0/ps%3D50/r%3D0/rx%3D720/ry%3D480/

Desnik
02-05-2009, 05:41 PM
I think you will be very happy with WHR&P we had our pre-reception there and loved it. Also we used the coach as our centerpiece! Can't wait to hear more.

Thanks!

I just got off the phone with my cousin and I really thought they weren't coming. Well, she just told me they are coming and wouldn't miss it! That's a family of 4 added to the list. My list keeps getting longer!LOL My guest list is up to 73 people not including us. About 45 have told us they will be there! I can't tell you how excited I am. Most of them plan to spend the week too!

emilymad
02-05-2009, 07:19 PM
Hi. I just found your PJ. Thank you so much for the info about the site visit. I am scheduled for one for the beginning of March and I wasn't sure what to expect.

I was also going to ask them about having it on the Whitehall Patio but not the room. Now I don't have too! :) It looks like a fantastic location!

Everything else your are planning looks great!

lpizzuro123
02-05-2009, 09:25 PM
We had Cindy's coach at our reception. One of my girls gave me the Disney Wedding Cinderella and Prince Charming and I purchased the Fairy Godmother on ebay. Love the way Misty got us in the mirrow in this photo.

http://i135.photobucket.com/albums/q136/lpizzuro123/MistyBefore-Formal-Bonus443.jpg

Linda

Desnik
02-06-2009, 06:44 PM
Well I went into David's Bridal today. It's about 10 mins from my house so I was in the area and went in. I saw the dress my DD wants and I really like it in person. I also saw some dresses I liked for me. So, I made an appointment for Wednesday. My mom is going to come with me. I am just going to try some things on and don't have any intentions on buying that day. My sister got her dress at another David's Bridal and had a bad experience. I really don't know too many brides that had a good experience there! They just have really good prices so i figured I'd give it a try. The dress I really want is $2000, it's a designer dress and I am having a hard time spending that on something I'm going to wear once. I am being cheap!LOL I will try to sneak and take some pictures to post on here.

We also went to Staples today to have them print out our newsletters. They look so good. We got the envelopes and Disney stamps for them. I will mail them out tomorrow. Woo Hoo! I feel like I am actually starting to get some things done!

mcarthur205
02-07-2009, 02:48 PM
Good luck with your trip to the bridal shop! Take plenty of pics, I can't wait to see how you get on. And that's so great that you have so many people who want to join you on your special day!

Desnik
02-08-2009, 02:32 PM
Thanks!

I just booked Rev. Kevin Knox!!! We are going with the Blessing of the hands ceremony. I cry every time I read it!LOL It is just perfect for us. Now I am thinking I would like a reading at the ceremony. My younger sister is very close to us and really like our daughter.(she is 17 years younger than me) I really want to incorporate her in the ceremony in some way and I think this will be perfect. Now I just have to find a reading that is not religious and something we both like!

gemmybear83
02-08-2009, 03:10 PM
I love your reception ideas - the you describe it sounds beautiful :goodvibes

Desnik
02-09-2009, 04:26 PM
I love your reception ideas - the you describe it sounds beautiful :goodvibes

Thank you!!!

BecBennett
02-09-2009, 07:15 PM
What's the blessing of the hands ceremony? I haven't heard of that one?

Desnik
02-09-2009, 09:09 PM
Here is the Blessing of the Hands ceremony:
(I copied it from the info Rev. Knox sent me. "N and N" are not our initials)

We would like to take a moment to bless the hands of N., and N. For it is through the hands that we demonstrate our love and commitment to one another.

N, and N, please face each other and join both hands so that we may bless them.

N, and N These are the hands of your best friend, strong and full of love for you.

They are being held by yours as you two renew the promise to love each other for the rest of your lives.

These are the hands that will continue to work alongside yours as together you two build a future and share your innermost secrets and dreams.

These are the hands that will passionately love you and cherish you through the years, and with the slightest touch will comfort you like no other.

These are the hands that will hold you when fear or grief threatens to overwhelm you.

These are the hands that will countless times wipe the tears from your eyes, tears of sorrow and tears of joy.

These are the hands that will tenderly hold the (Grand)children.

These are the hands that will help you to hold your family as one.

These are the hands that be there to give you strength when you need it the most.

And lastly, these are the hands that even when wrinkled and aged will still be reaching for yours, still giving you the same unspoken tenderness with just a touch.

Prayer: (optional)

God, bless these hands that you see before you this day. May they always be held by one another. Keep them tender and gentle as they nurture each other in their wondrous love. Help these hands to continue building a relationship founded in your grace. May N, and N see their four hands as healer, protector, shelter and guide. We ask this in your name, Amen.

When you married ___years ago you had no idea what life had in store for you. Your togetherness as husband and wife, at times, may have been under difficult circumstances. Your circumstances may have required great faith, but your faith has found you steadfast and its now brings you to this point in your life where you joyfully reaffirm your love for one another.

I now invite you to look into each others eyes.

Renewal of marriage vows

N, this woman, whom you hold by the hand, is your wife. She has given you one of the most sacred things under heaven: a woman’s life and a woman’s love. She will continue to look to you for support, loyalty, and understanding.
Do you renew your vow here, as you have promised N,
That you will be true and loyal,
Patient in sickness,
Comforting in sorrow,
And forsaking all other, keep yourself only unto her,
So long as you both shall live?

I DO

N , this man whom you hold by the hand is your husband. It is upon your life, your love and your devotion that he will lean upon for strength and inspiration. He will continue to look to you for encouragement, cheerfulness, and confidence. Do you renew your vow here, as you have promised N,
That you will be loyal in adversity,
Ministering to him in affliction,
Comforting in sorrow,
And forsaking all others,
Keeping yourself only into him as long as you both shall live?

I DO

padisneyfour
02-10-2009, 05:46 PM
we are hoping to you that as well....I think it is beautiful.:goodvibes looking forward to hearing more of your plans

Tink&PirateMama
02-11-2009, 12:47 PM
WOW- that is a beautiful vow renewal!! I love it all so far!! But the words of that hand blessing and renewing the vows are sooooo touching! I might have to use him too!! And the location for your reception looks fantastic!

So- what happened with the dress shopping today??? Any dream gowns??? I can't wait to see what you pick!

Desnik
02-11-2009, 02:31 PM
I got my dress!!!!!!!:banana: :banana: :banana: :cheer2: :cheer2: :cheer2:

I can't believe it!! I really had no intentions of finding "the" dress but I did!

First let me just say that I had a great experience at David's Bridal. I had 2 girls helping me and my mom came. Everyone in the store was so attentive, not pushy, just really nice. I had showed them some pictures of dresses I liked. They pulled about 7 dresses for me and the 3rd one I put on was it! It just felt great on. It is completely different than what I originally wanted. Also not what I would usually go for. I even got a veil which I swore I wouldn't do!!LOL I was out numbered! They all said if I'm going to be in Cindy's coach I need a veil!!:rotfl2: My mom paid for everything!! We were fighting about it but she insisted and really wanted to do it so I gave in. I still need shoes and jewelry. I have no idea how I will do my hair but it will be up. Another thing I said I wouldn't do!LOL I am still debating on a headband/tiara/comb. We'll see.

OK, I have pictures but they came out horrible. I look so bad so don't look at my face or my hair just look at the dress, OK?;)

http://im1.shutterfly.com/media/47b9dc30b3127ccec603f2ab12da00000040O00AZtWTlszZuG IPbz4c/cC/f%3D0/ps%3D50/r%3D0/rx%3D550/ry%3D400/
http://im1.shutterfly.com/media/47b9dc30b3127ccec603511852a000000040O00AZtWTlszZuG IPbz4c/cC/f%3D0/ps%3D50/r%3D0/rx%3D550/ry%3D400/

Desnik
02-11-2009, 02:41 PM
Here's a link to the dress on David's Bridal:
http://www.davidsbridal.com/webapp/wcs/stores/servlet/ProductDisplayView?storeId=10052&catalogId=10051&categoryId=-49998999&currentIdx=41&subCategory=-49999486%7c-49998999&catentryId=1000165

I will have it in ivory and the sash is also in ivory. I did try a sash on in the truffle color. I just don't know if I like it or not. My DD will be wearing truffle and our linens will be truffle also. Here is a picture of me with the truffle sash. Which looks better?

I look so scared in these pictures!LOL What the heck was wrong with me today!:rotfl:

http://im1.shutterfly.com/media/47b9dc30b3127ccec602532af3ef00000040O00AZtWTlszZuG IPbz4c/cC/f%3D0/ps%3D50/r%3D0/rx%3D550/ry%3D400/

http://im1.shutterfly.com/media/47b9dc30b3127ccec602d794f31300000040O00AZtWTlszZuG IPbz4c/cC/f%3D0/ps%3D50/r%3D0/rx%3D550/ry%3D400/

Tink&PirateMama
02-11-2009, 03:53 PM
Here's a link to the dress on David's Bridal:
http://www.davidsbridal.com/webapp/wcs/stores/servlet/ProductDisplayView?storeId=10052&catalogId=10051&categoryId=-49998999&currentIdx=41&subCategory=-49999486%7c-49998999&catentryId=1000165

I will have it in ivory and the sash is also in ivory. I did try a sash on in the truffle color. I just don't know if I like it or not. My DD will be wearing truffle and our linens will be truffle also. Here is a picture of me with the truffle sash. Which looks better?

YAY!!! OMG it's so pretty! You look fabulous! I totally like them both- that's a hard choice! I could really could see both sashes. Could you get both and wear white for the ceremony, and truffle for the recep? The truffle is fun, but the white is classic! Decisions, decisions!!! But what fun ones, huh!

Congrats!!!

lpizzuro123
02-11-2009, 04:25 PM
YAY!!! OMG it's so pretty! You look fabulous! I totally like them both- that's a hard choice! I could really could see both sashes. Could you get both and wear white for the ceremony, and truffle for the recep? The truffle is fun, but the white is classic! Decisions, decisions!!! But what fun ones, huh!

Congrats!!!

I agree - the dress is just beautiful and looks wonderful on you. I also suggest getting both sashes. Wear the white for your ceremony and then put on the turffle one for your reception. The truffle one will really bring the whole thing together.

Linda

Desnik
02-11-2009, 04:34 PM
You see, this is why I love you all so much!!:lmao: Why couldn't I think of getting both sashes!:rotfl:

I am going back there on Sunday to have my DD pick her dress. My younger sister is getting her dress too. They had such pretty party dresses there! I will have them order an extra sash in truffle for my dress!

Now I have to pick earings, a bracelet, shoes and a purse. What kind of shoes should I wear?:confused3 I also need ideas on what to do with my hair. I am letting it grow out and it should be pretty long by the time the VR comes.

pink_tink8i8
02-11-2009, 04:49 PM
I LOVE your dress! it's so elegant :goodvibes

adisneygal
02-11-2009, 08:29 PM
I love that dress especially with the truffle sash! :lovestruc

Desnik
02-24-2009, 09:58 AM
Thank you for the compliments!!

My dress is in!!!! I can't believe it is ready so fast!! I still have to get it altered but it's in!!!:cool1: Now I have to find somewhere to keep it so DH doesn't get tempted to sneak a peak!!;)

disney_dreaming_mom
02-27-2009, 03:23 PM
Here is the Blessing of the Hands ceremony:
(I copied it from the info Rev. Knox sent me. "N and N" are not our initials)

We would like to take a moment to bless the hands of N., and N. For it is through the hands that we demonstrate our love and commitment to one another.

N, and N, please face each other and join both hands so that we may bless them.

N, and N These are the hands of your best friend, strong and full of love for you.

They are being held by yours as you two renew the promise to love each other for the rest of your lives.

These are the hands that will continue to work alongside yours as together you two build a future and share your innermost secrets and dreams.

These are the hands that will passionately love you and cherish you through the years, and with the slightest touch will comfort you like no other.

These are the hands that will hold you when fear or grief threatens to overwhelm you.

These are the hands that will countless times wipe the tears from your eyes, tears of sorrow and tears of joy.

These are the hands that will tenderly hold the (Grand)children.

These are the hands that will help you to hold your family as one.

These are the hands that be there to give you strength when you need it the most.

And lastly, these are the hands that even when wrinkled and aged will still be reaching for yours, still giving you the same unspoken tenderness with just a touch.

Prayer: (optional)

God, bless these hands that you see before you this day. May they always be held by one another. Keep them tender and gentle as they nurture each other in their wondrous love. Help these hands to continue building a relationship founded in your grace. May N, and N see their four hands as healer, protector, shelter and guide. We ask this in your name, Amen.

When you married ___years ago you had no idea what life had in store for you. Your togetherness as husband and wife, at times, may have been under difficult circumstances. Your circumstances may have required great faith, but your faith has found you steadfast and its now brings you to this point in your life where you joyfully reaffirm your love for one another.

I now invite you to look into each others eyes.

Renewal of marriage vows

N, this woman, whom you hold by the hand, is your wife. She has given you one of the most sacred things under heaven: a woman’s life and a woman’s love. She will continue to look to you for support, loyalty, and understanding.
Do you renew your vow here, as you have promised N,
That you will be true and loyal,
Patient in sickness,
Comforting in sorrow,
And forsaking all other, keep yourself only unto her,
So long as you both shall live?

I DO

N , this man whom you hold by the hand is your husband. It is upon your life, your love and your devotion that he will lean upon for strength and inspiration. He will continue to look to you for encouragement, cheerfulness, and confidence. Do you renew your vow here, as you have promised N,
That you will be loyal in adversity,
Ministering to him in affliction,
Comforting in sorrow,
And forsaking all others,
Keeping yourself only into him as long as you both shall live?

I DO

That is beautiful. I just found your PJ and everything looks beautiful. I love the colors you have chosen.

Desnik
03-10-2009, 04:00 PM
Thank you! I love that vow renewal ceremony too!

My newsletters have reached everyone and the response is overwhelming!! I have gotten so many phone calls from people saying how great they looked. I have another family coming that I didn't think would come so my guest list is growing!!

I have been searching for shoes with no luck. My veil still hasn't come it and I still don't have a wedding planner!!! My sales manager said at the 8th month mark my planner will contact me. We shall see. I am dying to see who I get and book my planning session.

We are going to go with a dual plate of filet mignon and chicken. I am just not sure on the flavors for those dishes! I would love any ideas. I know we want garlic mashed potatoes and we aren't sure on the veggie.

Pirate's Princess
03-10-2009, 04:19 PM
So I just read through your whole PJ, congratulations. I LOVE the fall colors. I want to have a Oct '11 wedding and doing the truffle brown with warm orange. I love it! So I'll definitely be stealing some ideas from you! :worship:

Your dress is gorgeous. I love the halter top. PS I like the truffle sash as well!

Desnik
03-11-2009, 09:39 AM
So I just read through your whole PJ, congratulations. I LOVE the fall colors. I want to have a Oct '11 wedding and doing the truffle brown with warm orange. I love it! So I'll definitely be stealing some ideas from you! :worship:

Your dress is gorgeous. I love the halter top. PS I like the truffle sash as well!

Thank you so much!!! Steal all the ideas you want!!;)

Desnik
03-17-2009, 10:11 AM
I got assigned my planner! She just called me. I was also able to book my planning session for 1pm on Friday June 26th!!! Her name is Michelle W. and her assistant is Jesse. She said they will email me a planning kit to fill out before our PS. Wow, I just feel like it's more real now!! Now I have to collect pictures and swatches to bring. I am so excited!

Desnik
03-20-2009, 10:10 AM
So, DH and I were going through our finances and I need to be on a strict budget for this vow renewal!!! I need to try to keep the Disney portion as close to the $10,000 minimum as possible. So I have been looking at everything and trying to cut all the stuff that I think is unnecessary.
Here is what I came up with(estimated prices):

Ceremony: Wedding Pavilion $2,500
Boutonniers 2 $24
Bouquet $325
Bouquet for DD $125
Motorcoach $465
Limo $252
Cindy's Coach $2,700
1 Disney character $800
Reception White Hall Room and Patio $125 per adult $23 per child 51 adults, 7 kids, 5 infants(free). Total $6536(sit down dinner)

This is with no cocktail hour. We figured we don't need it. We will do pictures before the ceremony and planned to be with our guests for the whole reception. I want to get rid of Cindy's coach because of the cost but DH doesn't want me to because he knows how badly I want it. We were going to do mini cakes but now I am thinking it would be cheaper to just have one big cake? So all of the above is a total of $13,727. This doesn't include centerpieces, linens, drinks, photography, oh and the officiant($175 balance). What has happened is we invited 77 people thinking we would have about 40 to 50 people max. Well, more people said yes and now we are at 63 people! This added to the cost obviously. Then we still have the cost of invitations, favors, dress, shoes for DD(my mom paid for mine) and attire for DH and DS. Holy cow! This is costing so much I am getting scared! I knew it was going to cost a lot but I just didn't think about all the little things.

Also, we were going to use our free night at the GF the night before the VR, then stay 2 additional nights in the same room at a cost of $1125. Then since we are DVC members I booked the treehouse villas at SSR for the following 3 nights. I am thinking to save some money we could stay at BLT at the CR and use our DVC points. This way there will be no cost. We could use the free night at the GF the night of the VR and have my mom stay in our BLT room to watch our kids. What do you all think of this idea? This would also give DH and I our own rooms to get dressed in the day of the VR. Our ceremony isn't until 5pm so I am hoping our GF room would be ready before then.

Sorry I am all over the place! I just need to get my thoughts written out. Now that I booked our PS(June 26th) I have been really looking at the costs. I guess I am also feeling guilty about spending this much money on one day.

Desnik
03-23-2009, 01:19 PM
I got our AP vouchers today! One less thing to budget for!:thumbsup2

I also got the music CD for the organist at the WP and the cake CD. The cakes are all beautiful but I still love those mini cakes!

DISNEYMAGIC2005
03-23-2009, 01:27 PM
YaY! Your planning session is the day after my shades of green wedding!

I know it is really tough to make and stick to a budget... I am the queen of NOT sticking to it. :lmao: It will all work out.

Don't feel guilty about spending too much. It's your special day. Happy planning!

Desnik
03-24-2009, 09:07 AM
YaY! Your planning session is the day after my shades of green wedding!

I know it is really tough to make and stick to a budget... I am the queen of NOT sticking to it. :lmao: It will all work out.

Don't feel guilty about spending too much. It's your special day. Happy planning!

Thank you!:goodvibes

Tink&PirateMama
03-25-2009, 05:25 AM
Yay for your husband keeping cindys coach! If you are doing all of this, it's so once in a lifetime, you need to go for it! I can't imagine though, having the cost go up with more guests- yikes! But at the same time, what a nice problem- really, that so many people want to celebrate your love with you! It will work out, take deep breaths! Can't wait to see what you continue to plan!!:)

padisneyfour
03-26-2009, 09:29 PM
jut catching up.... good luck with everything, esp. the BEO! looking forward to hearing more!:goodvibes

rumrunnergirl
03-27-2009, 11:31 PM
If you need to trim your budget and you want to keep Cindy's Coach, I'd cut here:

Boutonniers 2 $24
Bouquet $325
Bouquet for DD $125
Motorcoach $465
Limo $252

Can you or a friend make your own silk floral, or go with what Disney provides? It would be a lot cheaper - I made both my kids' floral for under $4. I haven't read your old PJ, so I don't know if you really need the motor coach and the limo to get everyone somewhere. Also, if you keep Cindy's Coach - do you really need a Disney Character? Just something to think about, which one means more to you, maybe save the Character for your next VR, LOL.

centerpieces, linens, drinks, photography - I'd make my own centerpieces and skip the drinks. Linens - don't know if they're necessary, but I'm doing an escape so I'm not familiar with Wishes or VR stuff. Photography - can you go with Disney? Or do you have a guest who is a photographer and that can be their gift to you? (If Disney lets you do that)

Invites - you can make; favors - I don't think they're totally necessary, but I'm making mine - candles in a glass holder with decoration on the holder - under $1 each. I read once "why do guests need favors? Isn't it enough that they've been invited to a party and are being shown a good time?" I have to agree, LOL, but that's just me.

Shoes for your DD - I am going to check Payless Shoes for my DD. I don't think anyone is really going to be paying attention to her shoes, so nice white Mary Janes will do (she's almost 10). Attire for your DH and DS - check eBay - you can get complete suits for pretty cheap. Also, a lot depends on your preference and tastes. I got my DH2B and DS's clothes from eBay and the thrift store, because they're only going to be wearing them for a few hours, and having "new" clothes aren't really important to us - we always shop at the thrift store. I got DH2B and DS matching vests and ties (new) on eBay. DD's dress was new on eBay for 1/5 the price tag. I did see boy's suits for $30 new on eBay.

I think the main expense is the reception food, but there's not much you can do about that. :)

Good luck!

Desnik
04-06-2009, 04:46 PM
Thank you rumrunnergirl for all the ideas. BTW, the shoes I was talking about were for me, not DD.

I thought I would update what's been going on with me.

I picked up my veil from David's Bridal and it was defective! The appliqué wasn't to the edge of the tule and it was stained! They are taking it back and giving me a credit. I decided not to go with the veil. I am going to use the credit for my DD's dress and my shoes.

My DH has found a suit he really likes and will probably just buy it. It is a Calvin Klein linen suit and he will probably use a chocolate brown tie. Hopefully we can find something similar for DS.

We have our room booked at the GF royal palm club concierge standard room from the 8th to the 13th. We decided to stay at the GF the whole trip cause we didn't feel like moving to another resort. We are letting my sister and her family use our DVc points as well as my MIL.

For now Cindy's coach is out. I have to have the motor coaches and limo for the guests. They are all from NY and are relying on Disney transportation so none of them will have a car. Well, maybe about 10 guests will have a car out of 60. The Disney character is a must. We will now try to use the White Hall room standard linens which are free and come with the room. Hopefully ivory is standard!LOL

As for a bar, we have decide not to have liquor. I know that some of our guests will probably be upset by this but I hope they will let it go. I have a handful of family members who are recovering alcoholics. DH and I don't drink. I just think it would save us money and it would just make me feel more comfortable.

Photography is still going to Misty. We love her work, her price is good and she is available for our date!

We will make the invites. Favors I will do too. Something inexpensive, not sure what yet. I have no idea about the centerpieces. I just think having Disney do them will be more convenient.

I have my parents fighting because my father is bringing his girlfriend and my mother thinks she doesn't belong there and is not coming with her boyfriend so she is mad at him. They are crazy and I am really trying not to get involved.

I have chosen to go with Patricia LeJuene for my hair and make up and will hopefully have a trial on our June trip.

So that's all the updates for now!:)

rumrunnergirl
04-06-2009, 05:12 PM

Desnik
04-06-2009, 05:21 PM
Sounds like you are making good progress. :thumbsup2

Sorry to hear about your veil and your parents.

For the shoes - if you have a Payless I'd check there anyway. When we went for DD's shoes, I noticed they had a wedding shoe section and they looked nice! They can dye them also.

I hear ya on the coach. If they would just make the price reasonable, it would be booked solid! So many brides want it but can't afford it, so it's not being purchased as much as it could be if they dropped the price. I would love to get it, but I'm not spending $2700 for 20 minutes.

Don't fret over the alcohol - we're not having it either, for the same reasons. I told people if they want it they can bring their own, LOL! I don't want a bunch of people getting drunk at my wedding - it's supposed to be about family and friends, not how much free booze you can down in a few hours.

Good luck!

Thanks!! Especially about the alcohol part!!:goodvibes

Desnik
04-12-2009, 09:32 PM
Today my husband and mother staged a vow renewal intervention!

My husband said he wasn't happy with the direction things were taking. He felt our original plan changed too much and we were cutting things he really wanted. They both talked to me about the budget and the amount of guests and the layout of the reception. So yes, things have changed, again!

But I have to say I feel totally relieved and really good about everything! So, here is the plan and I swear it is not changing!!

Overall theme: Elegance and romance with fall colors

Number of guests:
Adults: 47
Kids ages 3-9: 8
Kids ages under 3: 5

Ceremony:
Music: Organist
Officiant: Rev. Kevin Knox
Decor: Floral alter arrangement
Transportation: Cinderella's Coach
Staged Exit with rose petals

Reception:
Music: String Quartet
Entertainment: Mickey and Minnie
Tables: In the room: 6 round seating 10 each, one sweetheart table for 2
On the patio: kids activity table, cocktail tables
Decor: Colors- Ivory and chocolate linens, lots of candles
Centerpieces: TBD
Food: No cocktail hour, Dinner TBD
Drinks: Bill on consumption beer, wine, soft drinks, water, juice(OK, this is still something DH and I are debating! we may just nix the liquor)
Table Names: Famous Disney Couples
Cake: 1 tier mini Mickey hat cakes for each child, 2 tier mini champagne cakes for each adult

Transportation
Motor Coach to transport all guests.
Limo to transport our parents.

Photographer: Misty Miotto Silver Package

Hair/Makeup: Patricia LeJuene

Resort: We will be staying at the Grand Floridian Royal Palm Club for 5 nights.

Favors: TBD

Things we will not have:
No rehearsal or welcome party
No cocktail hour
No gift, cake, or guest book table
No guest book
No ceremony programs

So far I have one planned event for everyone. We will all meet up at the MK on Nov. 10th to go to MVMCP. Everyone will pay their own way and purchase tickets ahead of time. We just thought this was a great event for our family to share together. So far we will have 30 people, and it could be more!!!

So, that's everything!

Tink&PirateMama
04-12-2009, 09:36 PM
Oh yay!! I'm SOOOO happy for you! This sounds awesome! And you get all the things you dream of- in the end it is about you and your DH being happy- that is fantastic he did an 'intervention'!! What a great hubby!! And you get the coach now! yay!!! I think it all sounds wonderful:) Good for you girl!! :goodvibes

Desnik
04-14-2009, 10:42 AM
Thank you Calesta!

I have a confirmed hair/makeup trial on June 25th with Patricia LeJuene!!:cool1: I can't wait!

Desnik
07-15-2009, 12:22 PM
Wow, I haven't updated this PJ in awhile so here we go!

I got my shoes, I had them dyed ivory, here's a link to a picture:
http://www.davidsbridal.com/webapp/wcs/stores/servlet/ProductDisplayView?storeId=10052&catalogId=10051&categoryId=-49981499&currentIdx=18&subCategory=-49998498%7c-49997996&catentryId=6087430&sort=

I had my hair/makeup trial with Patricia LeJuene. She was so great and I loved her!! Here are a few pictures:

Beore:
http://i250.photobucket.com/albums/gg262/desnik31/DSC03514-1.jpg

After:
http://i250.photobucket.com/albums/gg262/desnik31/DSC03520-1.jpg

http://i250.photobucket.com/albums/gg262/desnik31/DSC03524-1.jpg

http://i250.photobucket.com/albums/gg262/desnik31/DSC03530-1.jpg

Desnik
07-15-2009, 12:28 PM
I also had my planning session which was a lot of fun. Michelle Wenzler - Dorr is my planner and she is fantastic! She really got a good feel for us as a coupke and had great ideas and has helped me so much. We had Elizabeth as our floral/decor planner and she has been just as great as Michelle. she has gone out of her way to help me. They both are so quick to answer my emails and they both had my BEO's in within a few days after my planning session! Here are a few pictures from that day:

Franck's:
http://i250.photobucket.com/albums/gg262/desnik31/DSC03534-1.jpg

Dual plate of filiet mignon with a blackberry demi glaze, chicken marsala with the bone in, garlic mashed potatoes, carrots and asparagus.
http://i250.photobucket.com/albums/gg262/desnik31/DSC03535-1.jpg

Dual plate of filet mignon with mushroom sauce like at LeCellier, parmesan crusted chicken with a sauce I don't remember what it was, roasted fingerling potatoes and carrots and asparagus.
http://i250.photobucket.com/albums/gg262/desnik31/DSC03537-1.jpg

Desnik
07-15-2009, 12:32 PM
We decided to go with a dual plate of filet mignon with a worstishire sauce and chicken marsala with a thicker sauce with garlic mashed potatoes, carrots and asparagus.

We are not big cake people so picking out the flavors were pretty hard for us. Right now we aren't sure which cake we are getting, but at the time we had picked a 3 tier aurora cake. The bottom tier would be marble cake with chocolate filling, the 2nd tier marble cake with buttercream filling, and the top tier chocolate cake with buttercream filling. Here is a picture of the cake samples we had:
http://i250.photobucket.com/albums/gg262/desnik31/DSC03541-1.jpg

padisneyfour
07-15-2009, 12:47 PM
Everything looks and sounds great! I love the hair-very nice....:goodvibes

Desnik
07-15-2009, 01:02 PM
Here are my BEO's!

Ceremony
Wedding Pavilion $3195
confetti Cannons $500
rose petal canons for staged exit $500
Cindy's coach $2700
limo $282.48
motorcoach $781.20
Total $7958.68

Reception
tulle canopy $2385.00
pipe and drape with changing lights $3136.00
43 package beer wine soda bar 4 hours $1662.36
7 soft drink package(kids) $184.93
3 vender meals $53.93
cake 65 people $1130.80
7 kids meals $207.47
43 dinners $5818.25
50 crudite display(cocktail hour) $579.89

Entertainment
DJ $1035.00
Mickey $800.00
Total $16993.63

Grand total $24,952.31

Floral BEO:
Round, French bouquet of autumn splendor, leonidas and black magic roses and spray roses with accents of light yellow roses. $275.00
Use roses that are as open as possible. Wrap faux stems 75% with #850 brown satin ribbon and have 1 clear Swarovski Mickey
crystal closure. CRYSTALS: 1 Clear Mickey $3.00

Ivory rose flower wand. Wrap stem with #850 brown satin ribbon and cross cross over with ivory satin ribbon and ivory loops. $55.00
Accent handle with 1 clear Swarovski Mickey crystal.
CRYSTALS: 1 Clear Mickey $3.00

1 Autumn splendor rose with ruscus. Wrap stems with #850 brown satin ribbon and accent with 1 clear Swarovski 1 12.50
Mickey crystal. CRYSTALS: 1 clear Mickey 3.00

1 (6yrs old) White rose with ruscus. Wrap stems with #850 brown satin ribbon and accent with 1 clear Swarovski 1 12.50
Mickey crystal. CRYSTALS: 1 clear Mickey 3.00

1 Altar arrangement designed long and low with autumn splendor, leonidas, black magic, yellow and ivory roses and spray roses and minimal greenery (nothing trailing) $300.00
No additional décor needed.

Pre reception London street lamp rental (12) $180.00

STAGED EXIT: Autumn splendor, leonidas, black magic and yellow rose petals (50) $125.00
ivory petal cones tied with a #850 brown satin ribbon and matching text to read "Dominique & Robert, November 9, 2009" with Mickey head icon.(50) $325.00

Autumn splendor, leonidas, black magic and yellow rose petals for 2 confetti cannons. $150.00
MOVE CEREMONY FLORAL TO DINNER: YES $25.00

Resort to provide ivory floor length table linens.

Place 3 votive candles on the guest book table. (3) $7.50
Sprinkle autumn splendor rose petals on the guest book table. 7.50

Transfer altar arrangement to the sweetheart table.

5 TBD Vase with a TBD cylinder vase inside with a tall ivory pillar candle.

In between the two vases place brownautumn leaves. See picture.(5) $75.00

Ivory pillar candles: (5) $37.50

Around the TBD vase space out a triple cylinder set filled with water and autumn splendor rose petals and topped with an ivory floating candle. (5) $75.00

Ivory floating candles: (15) $48.75
OPTION: In lieu of the floating cylinders we can put 3 groupings of 3 votives each for $7.50 per grouping.

Place 3 groupings of 3 shotglass votives on the sweetheart table. (9) $67.50

Scatter brown and orange autumn leaves on each of the guest tables and the sweetheart table. (6) $90.00

Colorful pot filled with assorted colored Mylar paper and 10 large Walt Disney World swirl lollipops decorated with colorful curling ribbon. See picture. 1 $20.00

10 WDW Swirl Lollipops: $29.50

Colorful pot rental $10.00
*Bride to provide assorted coloring books, crayons, etc for kid's activity table.

Resort to provide ivory standard cotton floor length table linens for each of the guest tables, sweetheart table, DJ table, candy bar, children's activity table and cake table and ivory standard cotton napkins.

52 Ivory cotton solid chair covers with chocolate cotton solid sash tied in a bow. $442.00

3 Tier - Custom Aurora cake - Around the bottom layer wrap a 1-1/2" #850 brown satin ribbon, around the middle layer wrap a 7/8" #850 brown satin ribbon and around the top layer wrap a 5/8" #850 brown satin ribbon.
No bows. Wrap at base of each layer. (3) $30.00

Round, floral topper of autumn splendor, leonidas and black magic roses on the top. $50.00

26 6mm Round clear deco ice pics (16 for middle layer, 10 for bottom later, 0 on top layer) $78.00

Place 4 votives on the cake table. $10.00

Scatter brown and orange autumn leaves on the cake table. $12.50

*Bride to provide paper place cards (please deliver to the florist by November 3rd)

Candy bar:
1 pkg. Autumn colored Gummy Bears (Yellow, Orange, Black) - 5 lbs $22.00
1 case Reese's Pieces - 25 lbs $210.00
1 pkg Caramel Hershey's kisses wrapped in gold foil - 6 lbs $85.00
1 pkg Milk chocolate gold coins in assorted sizes - 5 lbs $115.00
3 boxes Assorted brown (butterscotch, chocolate, root beer) hard candy sticks - 80/box (3) $52.50
1 pkg Three layer caramel cubes - 5 lbs $28.00
3 boxes Autumn leaf lollipops - yellow, orange, red and green - 24/box (3) $210.00
1 pkg Mellocreme pumpkin shaped candy - 10 lbs case $85.00
55 Mickey head shaped rice krispy treats dipped in milk chocolate $178.75
55 White chocolate pumpkins filled with candy corn and brushed orange, wrapped in clear cellophane and tied with a brown bow. $385.00
10 Assorted large decorative vases to be used for candy containers rental $100
5 Assorted small decorative vases to be used for candy containers rental $25
5 12x12x4" vases for larger items (cookies, apples, etc) rental $50
15 Ivory cardstock with brown text of candy names for labels for each vase on 14" stick (15) $75.00
8 Plastic scoop with #850 brown satin ribbon and 7 Plastic scoop with #761 autumn orange satin ribbon rental $75

Colors are ivory and truffle (#850 brown) with accents of orange/yellow/red. Autumn colors.
SUBTOTAL $4,334.00
DISCOUNT
No Magic Kingdom Bridal Portrait Session scheduled FL TAX (6.5%) $281.71
SUBTOTAL $4,615.71
MOVE FEE* $25.00
SET FEE $0.00
FINAL TOTAL $4,640.71

So the grand total all together is $29593.02. This is only the Disney portion not including all the outside venders! This was way over budget and I had to make a lot of cuts.

Desnik
07-15-2009, 01:17 PM
So here are my new BEO's!!! Much better prices but I am still over budget!

Wedding Pavilion $3195
Limo $282.48
Motor coach $781.20
Bar 38 adults $1468.70
Bar 7 kids $184.93
Vender meals 3 453.93
Dinner 7 kids $207.47
Dinner 38 adults $4362.40
Cocktail hour $579.89
DJ $1035
Mickey $800
Cake ?
Floral BEO $2813.75

Total: $15,764.75

Outside venders:
photographer: $1785
videographer: $2253.96
silhouette artist: $500
hair/makeup: $170
Officiant: $225

Resort: $2440
Airfare: $818.80

Grand Total: $23,916.71

My budget was $20,000, obviously I have gone over, LOL!;)

Here is the breakdown of the new floral BEO:
the bouquet and flowers are the same as above. Only difference is my bouquet will be a little smaller than planned. I didn't want a giant heavy bouquet! So the new total for that is $253

DH, DS, and DD's flora $89

Rose petals in a basket for staged exit $120

Kids centerpiece same as above BEO $60 total

*Cocktail hour:
5 cocktail tables with 4 chairs each, 2 highboys, 1 kids activity table
Each chair covered with ivory cotton cover with chocolate cotton bow. 30 chair covers $255

3 votives per table $52

*Reception:
5 triple cylinder sets ($15 each) $75
Rose petals and ribbon on cylinders $100
ivory floating candles ($3.25 each) $48.75
3 groupings of 3 shot glass votives on each table ($2.50 each) $45
Cake floral and table decor $72.50
7 chocolate pin tuck floor length table linen ($39 each) $273
50 chocolate pin tuck napkins menu fold no base plate ($2.50 each) $125
45 mahogany chiavari chairs ($12.50 each) $562.50

Desnik
07-15-2009, 01:36 PM
Here are some more pictures!

My place card holders:
http://i250.photobucket.com/albums/gg262/desnik31/images-2-1.jpg

Kids activity table centerpiece:
http://i250.photobucket.com/albums/gg262/desnik31/Centerpiece70-1.jpg

We will use the orange and white pot instead of the pot pictured above:
http://i250.photobucket.com/albums/gg262/desnik31/100_2778-1.jpg

This is the cake we are waiting on a price for:
http://i250.photobucket.com/albums/gg262/desnik31/cake819-1.jpg

Desnik
07-15-2009, 01:43 PM
Here is a picture of the chiavari chairs. I am not sure what color seat we are using yet. Either ivory or brown to match the tablecloths. The chair is mahogany altho it doesn't look like it in this picture, sorry!
http://i250.photobucket.com/albums/gg262/desnik31/MahogonyChiavariChair-1.jpg

Here is my tablecloth and napkin set up, minus that flower:
http://i250.photobucket.com/albums/gg262/desnik31/8-1.jpg

Desnik
07-15-2009, 04:52 PM
Just heard back on a price for the cake. We needed to remove the top tier to make the cake for 50 people and the price is $450!!! I am so excited! Now I don't know what to do about the cake topper? I was going to use fresh flowers for the first cake we chose, but now I don't know what to use. Any suggestions?

Boardwalk_bride
07-15-2009, 05:12 PM
OMG...I LOVE LOVE LOVE your cake!!!

I love fall so much, I wish I could get married than as well...but apparently that just isn't a good time for my peeps :rotfl: (People are in school, or are teachers, or are scared of Florida hurricanes....don't ask)

I'm so glad I found your Pj though, now I can at least see what a fall theme looks like!

Desnik
07-15-2009, 05:45 PM
OMG...I LOVE LOVE LOVE your cake!!!

I love fall so much, I wish I could get married than as well...but apparently that just isn't a good time for my peeps :rotfl: (People are in school, or are teachers, or are scared of Florida hurricanes....don't ask)

I'm so glad I found your Pj though, now I can at least see what a fall theme looks like!

You know when I was planning originally I had picked the end of June because that would work best for all our guest. Then I thought it would be too hot and changed it. Fall is our favorite time of year and we go to WDW every Nov. so it was the perfect time for us. All my guests are still coming! I really thought I would have a bunch drop out because of the time of year, but nope. They just keep surprising me, even with the room blocks. I picked the most nights to be held at the All Star Movies, and Caribbean Beach, and they all want to stay at AKL, and the GF!

I thought I would post my menu so here it is!

Pre Reception Vegetable Crudite Display

Reception
Tomato and mozzarella with balsamic emulsion and basil

Caesar salad with parmesan crouton plated table side

Seared Beef Filet with worshire sauce and roasted chicken breast with marsala sauce, garlic mashed potatoes, carrots and asparagus

*kids meal: Chicken tenders, mickey-roni and cheese, fries and corn and make your own Mickey shaped cake.

I am doing a package bar of beer, wine and soft drinks for 4 hours.

Desnik
07-15-2009, 06:14 PM
Here is a picture of what I chose for my table cloth and napkin in chocolate pintuck:
http://i250.photobucket.com/albums/gg262/desnik31/lg474-1.jpg

Tink&PirateMama
07-15-2009, 09:13 PM
Wow! So many updates! Girl I LOVE the cake- WOW! All of it is going to be SO beautiful!! Yay!!! The colors are perfect, and I love the hair too! Yay!! It's all coming together! :goodvibes

pezaddict231
07-15-2009, 09:30 PM
Thanks for posting your BEO's, I really want the chiavari chairs and upgraded linens too, so it's really helpful to get an idea of the price. Your tables are going to look beautiful.

Your cake is so cute!

Desnik
09-27-2009, 11:20 AM
I haven't updated this PJ in a long time so here goes!

I switched our room at the GF from the main building concierge to a regular garden view room. It will save us a ton of money and we felt we wouldn't be in the room or at the resort enough to justify the cost.

We were able to get Scott Messina for our DJ and we are really excited about that!!

I am changing my hairstyle. After obsessively looking at the pictures of my hair trial, I decided to go with wearing my hair down. Here are 2 inspiration pictures:
http://i250.photobucket.com/albums/gg262/desnik31/94c0126e9287291ff9aa7b6fb049ccab_m.jpg
http://i250.photobucket.com/albums/gg262/desnik31/32a7e93ae8ee42bb8f70da522980d207_m.jpg

I spoke with Patricia and we decided to go a little darker with my eye makeup. As for my hair I am going to have a part on the side not in the middle, then one side behind my ear with probably a flower.

My DH and DS will be wear ing the same tux. Here is a picture. It is chocolate brown with ivory shirt, tie and vest and brown shoes.
http://i250.photobucket.com/albums/gg262/desnik31/1888PRO_F08_DF.jpg

Desnik
09-27-2009, 11:26 AM
DH and I made our invitations. Here are some pictures. Keep in mind these are pictures of the "practice" invitation, so it looks a little wrinkled and there was a spelling error on the reception card. The final invitation has no spelling errors or wrinkles!LOL;)

http://i250.photobucket.com/albums/gg262/desnik31/DSC03783-1.jpg
http://i250.photobucket.com/albums/gg262/desnik31/DSC03777-1.jpg
http://i250.photobucket.com/albums/gg262/desnik31/DSC03778-1.jpg
http://i250.photobucket.com/albums/gg262/desnik31/DSC03779-1.jpg
http://i250.photobucket.com/albums/gg262/desnik31/DSC03780-1.jpg
http://i250.photobucket.com/albums/gg262/desnik31/DSC03781-1.jpg

The wax seal has the wedding bells. The outside envelope is ivory. On the reception card we put the GF logo. I am really happy with how they came out. I wanted simple but nice and I think we accomplished that!

Desnik
09-27-2009, 11:29 AM
I made the table name cards. I still am not sure if I will put them in picture frames or on easels or if I will use them at all!

http://i250.photobucket.com/albums/gg262/desnik31/DSC03786-1.jpg
http://i250.photobucket.com/albums/gg262/desnik31/DSC03787-1.jpg
http://i250.photobucket.com/albums/gg262/desnik31/DSC03788-1.jpg
http://i250.photobucket.com/albums/gg262/desnik31/DSC03789-1.jpg

I also have a Mickey & Minnie and a Cinderella & prince one but they are not finished yet.

Desnik
09-27-2009, 11:37 AM
My DD and I had out fittings and will pick up our dresses on Oct.28th. I went with a french bussel for my dress and I really loved ho it looked.

Now I have to really shop for accessories. I need shawls for DD and myself. We both need jewelry and DD still needs shoes. I have to pick out a reading for my sister to do and buy the digital picture frame to have at the reception with our family photos.

I can't believe that after such a long time planning it is finally almost time! My DH and I celebrated our 10 year anniversary in 2007. We were planning to do this vow renewal then, so I started planning in 2005/2006! I have had such a great, sometimes stressful, but overall fun time planning! I cannot wait for our special day!!!

Wish on a Star
09-27-2009, 12:22 PM
I made the table name cards. I still am not sure if I will put them in picture frames or on easels or if I will use them at all!

http://i250.photobucket.com/albums/gg262/desnik31/DSC03786-1.jpg
http://i250.photobucket.com/albums/gg262/desnik31/DSC03787-1.jpg
http://i250.photobucket.com/albums/gg262/desnik31/DSC03788-1.jpg
http://i250.photobucket.com/albums/gg262/desnik31/DSC03789-1.jpg

I also have a Mickey & Minnie and a Cinderella & prince one but they are not finished yet.

AMAZING! You did a great job!!!!!! They are so beautiful and fun, yet not sophisticated! Love them! Can't wait to see what else you can make!

Tink&PirateMama
09-27-2009, 07:18 PM
Wow! You are getting so close!! I love the hair!! And your invites look great! I'm struggling with our save the dates/invites for our at home party, I keep changing my mind about how it should look!

Looking forward to reading more!! :goodvibes

honey2741
09-28-2009, 06:51 AM
My DH and DS will be wear ing the same tux. Here is a picture. It is chocolate brown with ivory shirt, tie and vest and brown shoes.
http://i250.photobucket.com/albums/gg262/desnik31/1888PRO_F08_DF.jpg

Cool Tux! Where did you get it from? Thanks.

BecBennett
09-28-2009, 07:17 AM
I love all your plans so much!! I can't wait to see the outcome, because Chocolate is going to be one of my colours too! I love how it all comes together!

Have your DH & DS complained at all about their tuxes?? I really want DF to wear a similar tux, but black instead of brown, and he doesn't like all the white :rotfl: or Ivory I spose it is...

I've got 18 months to chage his mind... Hopefully your photos will help!

Desnik
09-28-2009, 08:51 AM
Cool Tux! Where did you get it from? Thanks.

Thanks! It is from Mens warehouse/tux.

I love all your plans so much!! I can't wait to see the outcome, because Chocolate is going to be one of my colours too! I love how it all comes together!

Have your DH & DS complained at all about their tuxes?? I really want DF to wear a similar tux, but black instead of brown, and he doesn't like all the white :rotfl: or Ivory I spose it is...

I've got 18 months to chage his mind... Hopefully your photos will help!

DH did not want to wear a tux. He was at first thinking of wearing a linen Calvin Klien suit. That was also at mens warehouse. But they didn't have a matching one in DS's size.(he is 6 years old). My DH wanted them to match. So after searching everywhere for similar suits I dragged him into the mens warehouse tux store ear us. He actually liked the brown tux cause it doesn't look too much like a tux and they had it in DS's size. He really is doing it for me cause I liked the tux and wanted them in one. DS is so excited to wear it! He is actually going today to get measured. I would show your future DH some pictures cause there are so many options out there. Good luck! You have plenty of time to convince him!;)

Desnik
10-11-2009, 06:58 PM
I can't believe it's only 4 weeks away!!!!:banana:

I bought an ivory chiffon shawl at David's bridal for myself. I still need to find something for DD.

No luck on the jewelry yet! I seriously have been everywhere and still can't find something I like. I am looking for a bracelet and earrings. Something with pearls and crystals to match my dress. Any suggestions on where I can find something like that?

I did find shoes for DD at David's Bridal! They will be dyed the Truffle color of her dress. Here is a link to what the shoe looks like.
http://www.davidsbridal.com/webapp/wcs/stores/servlet/ProductDisplayView?storeId=10052&catalogId=10051&categoryId=-49997465&currentIdx=3&subCategory=-49998498%7c-49997996&catentryId=6097414&sort=

I have gotten my response back and it seems we will have a final count of 33 adults, 7 kids, and 5 infants. For me that is the perfect amount of people. Especially since we will be in the White Hall room with a DJ and dance floor. So, I am very happy about that!:cool1:

We will have 21 people at the welcome dinner at 1900 Park Fare. When I sent out the info packet with that info I put that prices for it because everyone will be paying for themselves. I am now wondering how that will actually work when we pay? We will have some people without kids, some with. I am just not sure how to do this with such a large group?:confused3

We will have 35 people going to MVMCP the night after the VR and I am stressing about the logistics of that night!:scared1:

I am also trying to decide if I will go to the GF salon for a manicure the morning of the VR or get the manicure at the spa.:confused3

Another thing I am stressing about is the construction that is still going on at the Gf lobby. I was told it was completed but from reports on the resorts board, that is not true. I really want pictures in the lobby and will be so upset if it will not be possible or if I will have construction walls in the background!:eek:

My planner is MIA and I am starting to worry about that! I sent her an email with a bunch of questions on the 5th. She has always gotten back to me herself the same day or has her assistant get back to me the same day. Neither has gotten back to me and I didn't get the "out of office" reply so I really hope everything is OK.

I guess now that it is so close I am stressing about everything!!

Desnik
10-12-2009, 04:08 PM
I really hope someone is reading my PJ that can help me!:)

I completely forgot that DH hates the birds on the wall in the White Hall room and wanted them covered up. So I didn't order anything to cover it up. Now we are less than 30 days out and we are using Disney Florist for all decor and flowers. Is it too late? What can we do to cover it up that won't look so obvious and out of place?

Chickkypoo
10-14-2009, 11:04 PM
I just found your PJ! Your vow renewal is the day before my wedding! :goodvibes

You must be as excited as I am! It's coming so quickly!

I love all of your choices, especially the fall colours!

Desnik
10-15-2009, 08:12 AM
That is so cool! Thanks for the compliment! I am really excited, but since I am an OCD planner I keep stressing about how things will run on that day and stressing over everything going right!:lmao:

I will have to go take a look at your PJ now!

Desnik
10-23-2009, 09:57 AM
Some more updates! We are about 2 weeks away and I really can't believe it!! This Wednesday I will be picking up my dress and my DD's dress. I am taking my BFF with me so they can show her how to do the bussel. Here are some more pictures of things I have picked up.

This is my DD's shoes:
http://i250.photobucket.com/albums/gg262/desnik31/DSC03892.jpg?t=1256306096

Her purse:
http://i250.photobucket.com/albums/gg262/desnik31/DSC03893.jpg?t=1256306133

A flower pin to go on the side of her ivory sash. Her dress and the pin, purse and shoes are all in Truffle:
http://i250.photobucket.com/albums/gg262/desnik31/DSC03894.jpg?t=1256306183

Desnik
10-23-2009, 09:59 AM
These are the other 2 table name cards I didn't post a picture of. The Cinderella one is for DH and My table and it says "and they lived happily ever after". The Mickey/Minnie one is for table #1 and it says "wishes really do come true".

http://i250.photobucket.com/albums/gg262/desnik31/DSC03895.jpg?t=1256306245

http://i250.photobucket.com/albums/gg262/desnik31/DSC03897.jpg?t=1256306342

Here is a picture of our place cards:
http://i250.photobucket.com/albums/gg262/desnik31/DSC03899.jpg?t=1256306372

hollybearsmom
10-23-2009, 03:49 PM
New reader. Absolutely love the colors. You look so good in that dress!
Your table cards and invitations are so creative, i'm so jealous!

I don't know about DFTW so I'm sorry I can't help you find your missing planner!

Desnik
10-23-2009, 08:36 PM
hollybearsmom
Thanks! When I go to pick up my dress I'm going to take new pictures because I hate how my face looks in the ones I took! I swear I don't know what was up with me that day!!

They wanted $200 to cover the birds so DH said forget it. He doesn't want to pay for another thing!:lmao: So the birds stay.

My planner finally got in touch with me! She never did get my first emails cause they were updating the system and got new Blackberries so she wasn'r receiving everything. She has been great and has reassured me everything will be ok. She sent me the diagram of the room too and everything looks great!

a1tinkfans
10-23-2009, 08:40 PM
New Here, and had such a great time reading thru it all!

From me to YOU BOTH, WOW!! Everything looks AMAZING!

Just beautiful choices!!!!!:)

Desnik
10-25-2009, 09:11 AM
Thanks so much!!!:goodvibes

Just wanted to update that I did book a manicure at the Grand Floridian Spa for 9:30am the morning of the vow renewal. It will work out great because at 9am I have to be at Franck's to drop off the table name cards, place cards, and kids activities. So, the spa is right there so I can just head over when I'm done at Franck's.

I picked my jewelry too! I bought a clip for the side of my hair and earrings. Then I went to my moms and found a perfect bracelet to match.(she has a ton of jewelry!) Here are some pictures:

My earrings and hair clip:
http://i250.photobucket.com/albums/gg262/desnik31/DSC03905.jpg

My earrings(I couldn't get a really good picture!):
http://i250.photobucket.com/albums/gg262/desnik31/DSC03902.jpg

My bracelet and earrings:
http://i250.photobucket.com/albums/gg262/desnik31/DSC03909.jpg

My DD's bracelet:
http://i250.photobucket.com/albums/gg262/desnik31/DSC03911.jpg

I wanted to get a chunky bracelet that would stand out. Since my dress is a halter neck line so I didn't want a necklace and I didn't want earrings that were too long. Since my arm is completely bare I thought a big bracelet would be perfect.

I can't believe that I am exactly 2 weeks away!!!! I am so excited and nervous. I hope I don't trip walking down the aisle!!:lmao:

Tink&PirateMama
10-26-2009, 03:41 PM
Two weeks!!! OMG!!! so soon!!!! Everything looks great girl!! Everytime I go to davids I think of you when I see your dress has been on display:) So excited for you and everything seems perfect. Relax and enjoy this special time, you have nothing to worry about, this day is to celebrate :) Oh I can't wait to see the pictures!! :goodvibes

Desnik
10-29-2009, 04:15 PM
Two weeks!!! OMG!!! so soon!!!! Everything looks great girl!! Everytime I go to davids I think of you when I see your dress has been on display:) So excited for you and everything seems perfect. Relax and enjoy this special time, you have nothing to worry about, this day is to celebrate :) Oh I can't wait to see the pictures!! :goodvibes

Hi Calesta! Thanks for the kind words!

Desnik
10-29-2009, 04:20 PM
I picked up my dress so I have new pictures to post!!

http://i250.photobucket.com/albums/gg262/desnik31/IMG_0766-1.jpg

The sash will be knotted when the train is out:
http://i250.photobucket.com/albums/gg262/desnik31/IMG_0764.jpg

French bussel:
http://i250.photobucket.com/albums/gg262/desnik31/IMG_0762.jpg

When the dress is busseled I will have the sash in a bow:
http://i250.photobucket.com/albums/gg262/desnik31/IMG_0763.jpg

Here is a close up of the detail of the dress:
http://i250.photobucket.com/albums/gg262/desnik31/IMG_0765.jpg

MainStMandy
10-29-2009, 04:52 PM
Oh your dress is just beautiful!!! I love the bustle too!!

figment fan21
10-29-2009, 06:02 PM
Such a lovely gown!

malibustacey
10-30-2009, 06:03 AM
may i ask what designer is your dress made by and the style no..??

Its so beautiful! I think i know someone who has had that dress! :lovestruc

Desnik
10-30-2009, 07:27 AM
may i ask what designer is your dress made by and the style no..??

Its so beautiful! I think i know someone who has had that dress! :lovestruc

It's from David's Bridal style #T9512. "Dhay" on these boards had the same dress.

Thanks for all the compliments ladies!:goodvibes

Tink&PirateMama
10-30-2009, 10:23 AM
Dress is gorgeous!!! You will be stunning on your big day!! :goodvibes

Desnik
11-02-2009, 07:44 AM
Thanks Tink&PirateMamma!

Just one week from today I will be renewing my vows!!:banana::dance3::yay:

I can't believe we are so close now!! All the planning and stressing!:lmao: I am just so excited now.

Today I will ship my package to the GF filled with a bunch of vow renewal stuff! It seems more real now, like OMG we are actually doing this!!:rotfl2:

Pirate's Princess
11-02-2009, 10:59 AM
Love the dress dress and the jewelry. It's only 1 more week! How exciting. :goodvibes:

DisneyBride'03
11-04-2009, 12:01 AM
wow!!!

How fun was this to read:)

I ventured over to this board...I still have a few years before our VR in 2013....when do you think its too early to start planning??!!lol

i just love all your plans:)

We stayed at the GF pre and post wedding...had our rehearsal at Narcoosees....ahhh...

I wish you all the best....have a magical time:)

Desnik
11-04-2009, 08:33 AM
Thank you so much!!!!:goodvibes

Just a few more days to go!!!:banana::cool1::dance3:

Pirate's Princess
11-04-2009, 10:35 AM
Wow only 4 more days!! That is so awesome.

BecBennett
11-04-2009, 08:42 PM
eeeh! How exciting! It's getting so close, is everything organised?

malibustacey
11-05-2009, 07:43 AM
its soooo close!!

are you nervous! are you excited! i bet your feeling a whole bunch of crazy emotions right now!

im excited for you!

Desnik
11-05-2009, 07:56 AM
I am nervous and excited. I have been having crazy dreams too! My planner Michelle has been so wonderful sending me emails every few days just to make sure I am OK!LOL I have been in contact with all my venders and everyone is ready to go!

Unfortunately there has been a lot of drama going on with my family! My parents are fighting and no longer speaking. My father is bringing his girlfriend and this has started a war in my family. My mother stopped speaking to me for a week! Now we are on speaking terms but really just so we can get through the day. There is so much tension in the air. I had to contact all my venders to make sure they are not in any pictures together and to keep them away from each other as much as possible. My mother actually told me to make sure my dad and his girlfriend stay away from her or else she will loose it on them both no matter where we are. :sad2: She is also not coming to MVMCP with all of us! This is hurting me so much as well as my children. The whole thing is a big mess and not what I expected to be dealing with right before my big day. It really has taken a lot of the magic away from me and stressed me out so much.

Then yesterday my DS(6) came home from school with a sore throat and fever! I am taking him to the Dr. in a little while. I hope he is OK and it's nothing serious! We leave Sunday morning!!!

Oh and to top it off, it's suppose to rain the day of my vow renewal!

I could really use some pixie dust!!!

DisneyBride'03
11-05-2009, 08:07 AM
Sending...no..throwing loads of pixie dust your way:)

Just found this at the very end of your PJ...but wishing you the best....take a deep breath...you can only control your actions and reactions....

hope your little one gets better soon...they can usually fight a little bug in 24-36 hrs:) Mine did...:)

As far as rain...dont worry...suppose to be good luck...it rained on us at Sunset Point...just a constant light drizzle...enough to ruin my hair a bit....but at least we werent sweating...lol

again...

Showers of Pixie Dust:)

DisneyBride'03
11-05-2009, 08:13 AM
at least you wont have this....(tropical theme)

lol..nothing like your girls with napkins on their heads cause of rain!!

http://i213.photobucket.com/albums/cc68/dvcsangus/Wedding/BobDiWedding_018.jpg

mcarthur205
11-05-2009, 06:36 PM
Sorry to hear you're having some family drama so close to the big day :sad2: Your parents should really take a step back and give some thought to how their behaviour is affecting you. I hope your DS feels better soon too!

Wishing you all the best, and NO RAIN :hug: Can't wait to hear about your day and see pics!

Desnik
11-06-2009, 09:54 AM
DisneyBride'03
:rotfl2::lmao::rotfl:
Thank you! I needed that laugh!!!

mcarthur205
Thank you!!!

My DH has an upper respiratory infection. He is on antibiotics for 5 days so he should be OK when we leave. His fever is gone!

My mom called again and says that she will go to the Xmas party with us. She said she will be on her best behavior. I think the rest of my family making her feel guilty finally got through to her. We'll see, keeping my fingers crossed!

Today I am cleaning, washing clothes, packing and taking care of DS. I have a ton of running around to do tomorrow, then we leave at 7am Sunday!! I can't believe the big day is almost here after planning for so long! I am so excited!!!

padisneyfour
11-06-2009, 10:47 AM
best wishes and enjoy!

Pirate's Princess
11-07-2009, 08:57 PM
Best Wishes!!! I'm sure you'll have a wonderful VR day! :goodvibes

mcarthur205
11-09-2009, 10:00 AM
I hope you're having an amazing wonderful VR day! pixiedust:

http://i207.photobucket.com/albums/bb235/CarolAnn26/Congratulations.gif

Boardwalk_bride
11-09-2009, 10:56 AM
Happy VR day!!!

disneygal922
11-09-2009, 11:32 AM
:goodvibesHappy Vow Renewal Day!:goodvibes

Hope your day is wonderful!

Pirate's Princess
11-12-2009, 05:04 PM
Happy belated VR day! I hope you are enjoying your trip.