PDA

View Full Version : Help with Hotels in Paris

Tabbycat
05-10-2002, 06:18 PM
Hi Everyone

DH wants to take me to Paris for a weekend in August, l have looked on the web for Hotels but so many to choose from , Can anyone recommend a hotel.We have never been before but we would like to be near attractions etc

Many thanks
Margie

Janice
05-12-2002, 08:22 AM
Just giving this a little bump for you Margie to see if anyone can give you any advice :D :D

elisebutt
05-12-2002, 08:10 PM
Have a look at my TR
i stayed at the Holiday inn Bussy St George
This was quite nice apart from the fact i was above the front door - Breakfast yummy - Dinner Ok , tho not adventurous. 10-15 min drive to DLP or get the RER
Nice and clean hotel - staff all speak good english

Joyce DC
05-13-2002, 02:57 PM
I've stayed at the Madeline Palace, 8 Rue Cambon, twice. It is walking distance to the Louvre, right across the street from the Tulleries andother places of interest, directly off the Rue de Rivoli. It's a bit pricey, but the location is fabulous and I figured I saved money by not getting lost. I believe if you do a search by name you can get more information. Hope this helps.

Joyce

Madjock
05-14-2002, 05:56 AM
Hi Margi,

There are two hotels in Paris I can highly recommend. Unfortunately I go to these hotels on business so have no idea how much they would be for a leisure break, I don’t think they’ll be cheap, but if I were you I’d give them a call and see what rates they offer. Their details are:

Hotel Sofitel Le Faubourg – Tel: 331 44 94 14 14 – 15 rue Boissy d’Anglas

Hotel Plaza Athenee – Tel: 331 53 67 66 65 (website: www.plaza-athenee-paris.com) – 25 Avenue Montaigne

I was actually at the Plaza Athenee yesterday and can honestly say it’s a really lovely hotel but then they both are and both are extremely well placed for site seeing.

Annmarie

WebmasterPenny
05-15-2002, 10:41 AM
I stayed at the Hotel Molay (http://www.hotelsinparisweb.com/english_html/Hotels/molay/hotels.htm) last year. A little pokey, but I think that's par for the course in Paris, but it's genuine French if you know what I mean, big windows that open right up, beamed ceilings, wooden staircase, etc etc, very pretty and relatively central, the Republique Metro is only about 5 minutes away and there are a few restaurants just up the road.

Penny :)