PDA

View Full Version : Fireworks Wagon Ride at Ft. Wilderness?

dizneekim
11-25-2008, 07:50 PM
Found this on allearsnet and tried to do it in Sept, but got the times mixed up due to MNSSHP. Would like to do it next month. Anyone done this or know about the timing for Dec. 11-18? TIA!

"Wagon Rides at Disney's Fort Wilderness Resort & Campground
Take an old-fashioned, horse-drawn wagon ride which offers a 45-minute scenic tour around Disney's Fort Wilderness Resort & Campground.
Wagon Rides depart at 7:00pm and 9:30pm nightly from the front of Pioneer Hall.
Fireworks Wagon Rides at 8:30pm for the 9:00pm fireworks at the Magic Kingdom. (offers audio track for show - subject to fireworks being held at the Magic Kingdom.)
Price: $8.00 Adult; $5.00 Child (ages 3-9) Children under 3 are complimentary. Children ages 3-9 must be accompanied by an adult.
Reservations: Not accepted; Wagon Rides are on a first-come, first-served basis only."

dizneekim
11-26-2008, 11:59 AM
Anyone?

safetymom
11-26-2008, 12:13 PM
I have done the earlier wagon ride. The later one is a shorter ride around the campground. They then park the wagon down by the lake and you can watch the fireworks.

dizneekim
11-26-2008, 12:22 PM
Thank you, Safetymom! I'm glad to know the ride does exist! The staff seemed pretty stumped when we went looking for it in Sept, then the time had been changed from what was posted on the sign post.

Anyone else? We are looking for "different" things to do on this trip; it may be our last for a while.

panthergirl
11-26-2008, 03:43 PM
We did it right after the second Hoop Dee Doo Review show. It was a lot of fun but we did it in June and the mosquitos were brutal! We did not have reservations, just showed up right before the ride. You board right across from Pioneer Hall. It is a large wagon with bench seating, pulled by a large draft horse. We saw fireworks from the beach with the music piped in.

dizneekim
11-26-2008, 03:54 PM
That's just what I wanted to hear (minus the mosquitos; don't think they will bother us in Dec?) Thank you, panthergirl! I'm not too too far from you-RDU area.

Anyone done the wagon ride since the MVMCP has started?

mom2girls
11-26-2008, 04:24 PM
There are wonderfully helpful folks over on the campground board. I am sure many of them have done this ride and would answer any of your questions.:)

sparkyboy
11-26-2008, 04:37 PM
thanks for the info. I've added this to my planning file for January with our gkids.

dizneekim
11-26-2008, 05:47 PM
Thank you, mom2girls! I didn't know there was a campground board; I will go look for it. Sparkyboy, I'll report back if you'd like.

safetymom
11-26-2008, 05:51 PM
I have moved it for you.

ntsammy5
11-26-2008, 05:57 PM
Gee, I've seen it, but never paid much attention to it. I'm usually too busy looping, drinking beer and cavorting with all the drunk otters. We like to chase peacocks when they show up, which admittedly isn't often anymore!

PS - AFAIK it isn't called the fireworks wagon ride. Don't ask about the music though. Long story.

Born 2 Fish
11-26-2008, 06:49 PM
Gee, I've seen it, but never paid much attention to it. I'm usually too busy looping, drinking beer and cavorting with all the drunk otters. We like to chase peacocks when they show up, which admittedly isn't often anymore!

PS - AFAIK it isn't called the fireworks wagon ride. Don't ask about the music though. Long story.

Totally !:thumbsup2

And bring a fishing pole too.

PPFDDisneyLover
11-26-2008, 07:45 PM
I have been thinking about doing this too....We are on our way down now, hopefully i'll have something to report!

2goofycampers
11-26-2008, 10:53 PM
Some more info.

http://www.wdwinfo.com/recreation/trailride.htm#wagride

Times may be different for the Holidays, they will give you all of the current info at check in. It is a must do tho, the decorations are great at The Fort.

des1954
11-27-2008, 06:18 AM
The traditional hayride is usurped in Sept & Oct by the Headless Horseman Carriage Rides. It should have been back in operation on the weekend following Halloween. It is a "must do" when you're staying at the campground - especially around Christmas!:thumbsup2

ntsammy5
11-27-2008, 06:35 AM
Can you drink beer on it?

des1954
11-27-2008, 06:47 AM
I don't know. I never tried and I don't recall if they made anyone discard beverages before boarding the wagon - but I don't remember anyone with beverages on the wagon, either.

Happy Thanksgiving, bro!

ntsammy5
11-27-2008, 06:55 AM
You too.......

stampin_fool
11-28-2008, 09:38 AM
all year long? We will be going in January and this might be a great way to end the day. Do they supply blankets during colder weather or do you need to bring your own? Thanks.

Ronda

Born 2 Fish
11-28-2008, 06:10 PM
The first answer is Yes,,all year.
The second question,,I'm not sure,,I have seen blankets on the ride, but folk may have brought them. :confused3
I would bring one to be safe.

Someone should be along soon to answer that second question.:)

des1954
11-29-2008, 06:18 AM
all year long? We will be going in January and this might be a great way to end the day. Do they supply blankets during colder weather or do you need to bring your own? Thanks.

Ronda

No blankets. You'll need to bring your own if it's cold. What they really hope for is that you'll forget a blanket & buy one at Settlement T.P.!!

stampin_fool
11-29-2008, 09:55 AM
No blankets. You'll need to bring your own if it's cold. What they really hope for is that you'll forget a blanket & buy one at Settlement T.P.!!

I am sure that they do!!!:rotfl2: Thanks so much for the info. I plan to bring blankets for the campfire so I should be prepared for the hayride as well.

Ronda