PDA

View Full Version : Reporting from the World (was "Well, that's it...."), reports start post 18

bazzanoid
11-23-2008, 07:40 PM
We're packed, the animals are moved, I've run out of planning. We go tomorrow (Tues), but tonight to the B&B near Gatwick.

Got so frustrated at nothing to do for it i made some large lime green luggage tags with our info on to help identify the bags in a sea of black cases....... Even double-sided them and laminated them, chose different colour ribbon for each one.... sad. :rotfl2:

Looking forward to smelling the Florida air, getting in a nice big air-conditioned car, eating my first Denny's Slam breakfast, jumping into the villa pool (oh the villa!) and waking up once more to head to the Mouse House :)

:goodvibes Now all I need to do is get to sleep before dawn...... 1am smells funny.

Pegasus928
11-23-2008, 11:06 PM
Sounds like you done plenty of planning to enjoy a smooth running holiday.

I would say "I hope you enjoy...." - but as always I can't imagine it happening any other way.

Will you be posting pics and reports whilst away or will we have to wait until your return to find out if all the planning fell into place like a military operation?

Goofysmate
11-24-2008, 12:48 AM
Have a great time :dance3:

wildwood
11-24-2008, 01:25 AM
Have a great time and keep the sun shining for us 18 days to go and I really need some sun shine , tell Mickey I am on my way :cool1:

jockey
11-24-2008, 02:05 AM
Have a great time :)

jjk
11-24-2008, 02:05 AM
Have a fantastic time :cheer2:

slackers
11-24-2008, 04:30 AM
:cool1: :cool1: have a fantastic time!!:cool1: :cool1:

higgy66
11-24-2008, 04:32 AM
Have a wonderful time. :cool1: :banana: :dance3: :banana: :cool1:

T16GEM
11-24-2008, 06:18 AM
Have a great time! Your luggage tags sound great! :)

wicket2005
11-24-2008, 09:08 AM
Hope you have a fantastic time.

jns
11-24-2008, 01:05 PM
Have a great time

Becx N Gav
11-24-2008, 01:42 PM
Have a great time, we're following on your heals - we'll be there in 2 weeks :thumbsup2

I know what you mean about running out of things to do, but I always seem to find something :rotfl:

PoppyAnna
11-24-2008, 01:53 PM
Have a great time...

Snowy-girls
11-24-2008, 02:13 PM
Hope you have a fantastic holiday,have a Denny's Grand Slam for me-i have to wait until April for my first one.x.

Mrs Doubtfire
11-24-2008, 02:16 PM
Hope you have a great holiday - more research for the couples guide?? :santa:

Pinky166
11-24-2008, 03:23 PM
Have a fab time! I'll be there myself next week so make sure the sun is shining!! :cool1:

crabbie1
11-25-2008, 05:51 AM
Have a fabby time-We will be close behind you :cool1: :woohoo: :dance3: I must be strange-not packed anything yet still got to change 500:scared1: In the hope it may hit 1.50 again

bazzanoid
11-26-2008, 07:43 PM
:goodvibes Sorry for the late replies - been jetlagged and enjoying the weather! It's warm but not roasting at the moment, although the weather reports suggest it's going to get hotter as the week wears on.

Crowds today were manic at all the parks, what with tomorrow being Thanksgiving, so we decided to head instead for Downtown Disney. Did plenty of shopping, which included a nice preview of the 2009 photo album emblems - not much different from the last couple of years really!

Had lunch at the T-Rex Cafe, which I can highly recommend. Quite costly, but well worth it. $19.99 + tax for their rotisserie chicken - which is 1/2 an oversized chicken with two side orders of your choice. yummy. Very well themed, meteor shower every 20 minutes or so across the desert sky.

Headed over to DHS afterwards late in the afternoon, still VERY crowded but nowhere near as bad as in the morning, so we did the 'smaller' attractions, leaving Toy Story and it's 2hr 20 min wait for another day, along with ToT and RnRC.

Now we're just chilling out with dinner by the pool, and then heading off to bed to catch up on some much-needed sleep....

Pegasus928
11-26-2008, 11:08 PM
Sounds like it's going well so far.

I suppose busy parks over this weekend were to be expected, and it sounds as though you did the right thing bypassing them and getting some shopping done instead :thumbsup2

Hope they quieten down after the weekend and you can give the parks some serious hammer.

natalielongstaff
11-27-2008, 02:35 AM
hope the crowd levels go down after the weekend :)

cazzie
11-27-2008, 02:41 AM
Have a great time, I hope the crowds thin out soon. :banana:

T16GEM
11-27-2008, 06:01 AM
God to know that you are hgaving a great time! We went to DHS at thanksgiving a few years ago - only as it was the Osbourne lights switch on and we were going home the next day - it was CRAZY! luckily we had seen everything else the rest of the holiday! :)

Looking forward to the next update!

jockey
11-27-2008, 06:44 AM
Glad you are having a great time:) We left on Thanksgiving last year, it was so busy

Lisash
11-27-2008, 03:33 PM
Glad to hear you've got off to a good start :)

bazzanoid
11-28-2008, 07:46 AM
So, yesterday was Thanksgiving, so we decided to chill out in the morning and do some shopping for our dinner. Come lunchtime, we found ourselves wanting some fun, so we called Aquatica to see how busy they were.... deserted. So we shoved our cossies in the car and headed over - they weren't kidding! Everything was literally walk-on.

It would seem that the American folks (for the most part) won't go to a park that doesn't offer TS dining on thanksgiving! We're not beach bunnies, so we were there specifically for the rides n slides!

The only trouble with Aquatica is that you can see the Kraken over at SW the whole time........ so, by 4.30, we figured we'd see what the crowds were like at SW.... not bad. Most people were on their way out, so we had a short 10 minute wait for the Polar Express Experience. Out of this world. Shoot me if you like, but it easily rivalled anything Disney have got! So magical and Christmassy!

Headed straight to Kraken afterwards as we were only there for the rides... could have walked on the middle rows easily enough, but we wanted the front, so joined the front riders queue for about 15 minutes, and by this time it was dark.

I can't say this enough: You haven't been on a rollercoaster until you've ridden one in the dark. Wow wow wow. Fast, dark, and simply beautiful views over Orlando and International Drive.

Then we headed back 'home', and still felt stuffed from a late lunch out of our cooler box, so decided to have our turkey this weekend instead!

Today, we're off to Festival Bay (for Outdoor World) and the outlets at the top of I-Drive, then on to Roy's Miniature Shop for DW and our relatives (DW, mum and aunt are all into their dolls' houses, so we need to do some shopping there), and finally on to Mall at Millenia to see what scrapings are left on the Black Friday Sales. Lunch or Dinner at the Cheesecake Factory (of course), and time allowing, we'll pay a visit to Gaylord Palms ICE!

Having a good time, folks..... :goodvibes:

Becx N Gav
11-28-2008, 09:44 AM
That's so lucky to almost have the parks to yourself :goodvibes

Sounds like you guys are super busy - don't forget to take a bit of time to chill :cool2:

Hope the weather stays good, it was nice and foggy here this am and is supposed to be freezing fog tomorrow :scared1:

Elise79
11-28-2008, 10:48 AM
Glad your enjoying yourselfs! :goodvibes

Hope your weather stays good - forcasting snow here next week :(

Becx N Gav
11-28-2008, 01:50 PM
Hope your weather stays good - forcasting snow here next week :(

Boo :sad:

Mrs Doubtfire
11-28-2008, 03:06 PM
Keep reporting in :) It's great to read a live report :cheer2:

bazzanoid
11-28-2008, 05:30 PM
Sounds like you guys are super busy - don't forget to take a bit of time to chill :cool2:

That's just it - we sound mega busy and it looks like it but we're actually really relaxed, just going with the flow!! Ended up not visiting Ice, but did pass the Florida Mall so went shopping at M&M's World.... then came back to the villa for dinner and splatted for the evening! (up to the dinner part so far...)

LORNA ANN
11-29-2008, 05:38 AM
Love reading someone elses holiday report, if i can't be there its the next best thing. Keep enjoying youselves & keeping us up to date. Have fun sounds like you are !!!