PDA

View Full Version : Help Me Find Buzz Lightyear...

abirdd
11-23-2008, 01:57 PM
Sounds odd, but here's the problem...

Our 2.5 year old is beyond obsessed with Buzz Lightyear. To the point he demanded Daddy dress as Woody for Halloween.
http://i20.photobucket.com/albums/b203/abirdd/DISBoard/October312008037Small.jpg

Recently, Duncan was gifted a Buzz Lightyear doll - and while he loves it, the plastic face, hands and feet are not working out well as a sleeping companion. Apparently Buzz hurts him, and "Santa going to bring new soft Buzz".

Sure... except Santa has tried contacting the Disney Store here in Ottawa - and they don't have anything. In fact, they don't even know if Buzz ever was sold as a complete plush.

Anyone know where I might find a new (or even used) plush Buzz??

LittleFlounder
11-23-2008, 02:01 PM
I just checked and there seem to be a number of completly plush, and mostly plush(except the face) Buzz Lightyears on Ebay. :)

abirdd
11-23-2008, 02:15 PM
Tried the eBay route last week - but as a couple sellers pointed out, the shipping to Canada is crazy since they exceed the USPS First Class size or weight rules. :headache: I think the problem is the plastic face and/or helmet are bulky and can't be flattened.

I saw the big Buzz (complete plush) someone had posted for $49US, but add the $10US shipping - and the hubby says no way... especially with the exchange rate from PayPal right now :sad1:

I'm starting to think worse case scenario - Santa will bring Duncan a gift certificate for our Disney trip in January. Hopefully he'll be able to score something he loves at the park.

LittleFlounder
11-23-2008, 05:49 PM
I'm starting to think worse case scenario - Santa will bring Duncan a gift certificate for our Disney trip in January. Hopefully he'll be able to score something he loves at the park.

I think a gift certificate is a GREAT idea! Santa could wrap it in a box, maybe with a note saying the he knows Duncan loves Toy Story but the elves don't know how to make toys from that movie.

nat1234
11-23-2008, 10:18 PM
Years ago the Disney Store did have a Buzz stuffed doll. He had a plastic face and the rest of him was soft. My son had him. It was the first time that he had ever slept with anything other than a toy car. And that was probably about 15 years ago. Sorry, not very helpful I know. I think the idea of Santa giving him a gift card for your next trip to Disney is a really great idea. He'll be able to get the Buzz of his dreams.

SaraMc
11-24-2008, 04:41 AM
Id call around to the disney stores in the rest of Ontario. I was at Sq.1 on saturday and I too have a buzz obsessed 2.5 year old. They had two, one a bit bigger and one that was mini plush sized.

Good luck!

abirdd
11-24-2008, 11:25 AM
Thanks to everyone for the suggestions! The hubby and I chatted last night, and since the little guys have NO clue we are going to Disney in January (it's a Christmas present from Santa), we're going to use the gift card route as well. Just add to the excitement :goodvibes

In fact, this news ended up making the grandparents happy this morning - as they were trying to come up with gift ideas. Needless to say, Duncan should be able to get a Buzz of his dreams and more. :thumbsup2

CanadianWDWfan
11-24-2008, 08:27 PM
Hi, We are in the same area. :wave2: Small world here on the DIS. :thumbsup2
I was at the Disney store in Bayshore yeaterday and they had a plush Buzz Lightyear car, he may think that's kindove cool. Santa could show his creative side. ;) My DD actually picked it up and thought it was cute.
Congrats on the trip next year! Hope you have a magical time.

Jen M
11-25-2008, 01:21 PM
I am not 100% sure of this but when we were in Disney this Sept I only saw hard plastic buzz dolls. My boys like buzz and my oldest got one as a gift for his birthday. Just thought I would let you know. I could be wrong I wasn't looking that hard for on.

Canadian Girl 77
11-26-2008, 06:07 PM
Disney has an all soft Buzz. About $13 I think. We bought one for a friend's 2.5 year old son in March.

Best_Vacation_EVER!
11-27-2008, 06:27 AM
We had the same problem. I found a totally soft Woody doll but was unable to find a Buzz one. I was able to make one that he uses in bed. I just printed up some iron-on transfers on the printer (front and back view of Buzz), cut out a body shape slightly larger than the transfer images in a heavy cotton fabric, ironed on the transfer, sewed the front and back together and then stuffed it. It actually worked out pretty well and it was washable.

bababear_50
11-30-2008, 11:09 AM
For Duncan
Hugs Mel
Merry Christmas!:santa:

http://img380.imageshack.us/img380/7324/duncan2oe6.jpg