PDA

View Full Version : Do you think it's possible?

dtoes91
11-23-2008, 09:26 AM
Hi everyone, new to the group. We've been to Disney lots of times, however never during the Holiday week. Well circumstances have changed and our plans to visit next year over Christmas at the campground have changed to this year. I was able to get a reservation for the first couple days of our vacation, but we are scheduled to check out on the 26th. What do you think the remote chance is on getting an additional week yet? I do have a room book at the resorts if i have to but we'd much rather do the campground as it will probably be a few more years before we can down again.

Should i keep hoping or reserve myself to just keeping the hotel & open up the campground site for another family? We do want to stay on Disney grounds this trip so transferring off site to another location isn't in the plans.

Thanks
Tami

Mmketeer
11-23-2008, 09:32 AM
I'd keep what you have reserved for now and keep hoping. I never thought I'd get a last minute cancellation to go over Thanksgiving week and I did!!

Just keep checking the board here as us Dis folks are very good about announcing when we are cancelling a reservation as to give our fellow Dis'ers the best possiable chance of getting our canceled ressies. :) Here's hoping for a Christmas cancellation for you.:wizard:

2goofycampers
11-23-2008, 09:37 AM
I think it's possible, but you are gonna have to call Disney so much that you know every CM and they know you.

The people with site only ressies will have to cancel at least 6 days out, this is probably your best chance to pick up a ressie.

I would also keep the back up plan at another WDW resort just in case.

KPSmithSr
11-23-2008, 09:38 AM
.......others will too. We have called the day we departed and they did not have room (for early arrival). We called again, a day later, when we arrived at the Welcome Center inside the Florida state line and they had room. I have also found that the reservations center may give a different answer than the desk at FW itself. I would recommend you call both places, as time gets shorter. I would not cancel the hotel reservations until the last minute. Good Luck

drafthorsecrazy
11-23-2008, 10:55 AM
Don't forget to check each day you need. The 27th, or 29th might be available now----go ahead and grab them and work on filling in the blanks as the days go by. Hopefully you can get all the days you need! When you check in let them know you have separate reservations for your vacation and you "should" be able to stay in the same site. You have the back up plan in place if you can't get all your days. Good Luck!

dtoes91
11-23-2008, 12:54 PM
Thanks everyone. I'll keep trying. I was able to grab the 28th, so i'll keep trying to get the days we'd like for the campground. Perhaps once i can get them all, i can call down & have them put under one reservation.

Tami

AuburnJen92
11-23-2008, 06:16 PM
Don't forget that you have 6 days before you leave to cancel your other ressie for the resorts. You don't want to lose that deposit, especially when you can transfer it to the fort ressies! Good luck in your quest!

LORNADUCK
11-23-2008, 06:28 PM
Also try at 7am eastern time, sometimes that helps because they update their computers then, even a CM told me that. Good Luck