PDA

View Full Version : Finally starting to lose weight again for Disney Trip in March!

SandraC
11-22-2008, 12:33 PM
Hi All ~ With 4 months until our trip, I set a lofty goal of losing 40 lbs! I lost 50lbs recently, but put on 20lbs over the summer. So now I'm back to watching my diet and exercising. I've lost 2lbs, and 38 to go! S

Greenfield1984
11-22-2008, 12:42 PM
out of curiosity which diet are you using?

Disney Ontario
11-22-2008, 02:01 PM
Hi Sandra. We leave a week before yous and I also want to lose more weight.Then our DD is getting married in Aug. So if I can lose the weight for Florida just maybe I can find my dress there. I am 204.5 so I would love just to be 170-175.

SandraC
11-22-2008, 02:46 PM
I was 204 last week, this morning 202. I am 5'6" tall.

Not too long ago [5 years-ish] I was 120 lbs....way too skinny!

I was about 240 lbs last year.

Type of diet; just calorie counting, eating healthy food and treadmill 5-6 times a week.

I am making a yummy and easy soup/stew for dinner.

one can of tomatoes
one can of mixes beans
half a bag of frozen veggies
half a cup of faux-bacon bits [my kids are vegetarians]
half a cup of maple syrup

It's filled with protien, veggies and just enough sugar to satisfy my sugar craving!

S

DearDaisyinDurham
11-22-2008, 08:21 PM
:goodvibes I'm with you :flower3: Sandra... am on WW and like the plan - what I need to add is to work out. What's worked for me in the past is walking :yay: w/ Walk away the pounds (Leslie Sansone) and I also want a mini tramp :yay:
my goal is to lose 17 lbs by the end of January, so approx. 2lbs/week.
Thx for the post - I needed a kick in the pants! :rotfl:

BitsnBearsMom
11-23-2008, 05:52 AM
Ahhh yes I need that kick in the pants too - My weight seems to be 'stuck' on me these days - doesn't seem to matter what I do it won't budge. Must try a bit harder so I can drop a few sizes before we go to Germany (hopefully) in March!!

pkitty
11-23-2008, 10:43 AM
Congratulations on your loss. What I would give to be 202 again. I would have to loose 38 pounds. Our family is going down to our DW/DVC again this March too. I managed to keep 10 of the 15 pounds I lost last year when I started in Jan. So right now is a good time to band together with you all and lose some more. Knowing we are all on this journey together helps to motiviate me and keep me going.

I like the WW plan as well however I am one of those people who like a quick start and drop the first 2 or 3 pounds quickly followed up with a prepared meal plan so I don't fall off the wagan. Also I am guilty of endulging the the 3 CH'S. CHeese, Chips, and CHocolate. So these are the first to go.

will be in touch next week.

Good luck all. :yay: :yay: :yay: :yay: :yay: :yay: :yay:

SandraC
11-23-2008, 02:26 PM
We went to Tucker's today for my bday and I was a very good eater! Yah Me! I ate loads of fruits and veggies and bites of favs. I was FULL but not over loaded with junky stuff!

Let's do this together! S:dance3:

Diamondintheruff
11-23-2008, 07:29 PM
Happy Birthday Sandra!

the 3 CH'S. CHeese, Chips, and CHocolate.

:rotfl2:

Not in that place where I can say I'm going to make losing weight a high priority yet. But this Holiday season I would like to maintain my current weight. With a little pre-planning and some extra time on my tread mill it should be attainable. So I'll join you on your ride.

BitsnBearsMom
11-24-2008, 05:49 AM
Happy Birthday Sandra and good for you for making good choices!!

momlady
11-24-2008, 08:48 AM
This is the post that has pushed me to commit, once again but for the LAST time, to lose weight. I have been thinking about it for months, and am having some nagging issues (like a sore knee and creaky back) that can only be improved with less weight. An online BMI calculator told me that I have 57 lbs to lose (eek!!) to fall into a healthy weight category for my height. That is a huge goal for me but I am going to do it 10% at a time!

Sandra, I haven't weighed myself today but am in the same range you are and I am going to Disney the same week you are. SO I am, as of today, in this with you!!

Thanks for the nudge -- I am off to download a ticker and make a pot of soup.

:-) Helene

Hockeychic
11-25-2008, 05:06 AM
Happy birthday Sandra!!! Love Tuckers!!!

I would love to jump in here as well.

Have a few trips planned that I would love to lose weight for.

1/2 marathon in Jan at Disney.....
Girls only trip in March and
a cruise in April. So I would love to join you all. I have a total of
about 45 pds to lose.

Kim