PDA

View Full Version : Thanksgiving Day !!!

tyke
11-22-2008, 04:25 AM
Does anyone know if the Publix stores are open normal hours on Thanksgiving Day - we will be arriving that afternoon and can't wait to stock up on all those goodies !!!

irisheyes123
11-22-2008, 04:33 AM
I think they close that day I know some winn dixie stores opened up last thanksgiving day

tyke
11-22-2008, 05:54 AM
Oh well, will have to wait until the next day for a 'Friday Big Shop' !!! :rotfl:

Are there any other stores which will be open (Walmart etc) so we can grab a few essentials !

mndisfam
11-22-2008, 07:25 AM
In the state we live in (Minnesota) everything that would be closed on Christmas Day is also closed on Thanksgiving. So, I would assume WalMArt, etc, would be closed.

But, there must be something opened up near Downtown Disney for tourists. The front desk would know.

irisheyes123
11-22-2008, 07:25 AM
As far as I Know walmart wont open it has not in the past but could be wrong on that Kmart opens have no clue about target don't think it does Just to let you know all Malls and walmart, target, kamart will be crazy busy on friday day after thanksgiving as its Blackfriday A huge sale day all over America.....:)

mndisfam
11-22-2008, 07:28 AM
We call the Friday after Turkey Day Black Friday bcs retailers make most of their profits that day ("in the black"). It's insane - stores open at midnight, or 6 am, and there are usually lines of people waiting. Then they rush in. I hear the deals are REALLY good however. I have never gone, but its always on tv.

Of course, this year, the retailers are praying for a good Black Friday. Wal Mart, esp, is known for amazingly spectacular deals, for the early bird shoppers.

karentan
11-22-2008, 07:36 AM
we're in orlando at the mo, and the publix near us (on the 192) is definately closed thanksgiving day.

irisheyes123
11-22-2008, 07:38 AM
We call the Friday after Turkey Day Black Friday bcs retailers make most of their profits that day ("in the black"). It's insane - stores open at midnight, or 6 am, and there are usually lines of people waiting. Then they rush in. I hear the deals are REALLY good however. I have never gone, but its always on tv.

Of course, this year, the retailers are praying for a good Black Friday. Wal Mart, esp, is known for amazingly spectacular deals, for the early bird shoppers.

It sure does be crazy I did the midnight madness in the orlando premium outlets last year got some great deals but it was crazy :scared1:
I never seen a place so full we plan to do the prime outlets midnight madness this year :scared1: We drove by walmart around 2 am last year and the Queue was crazy and they didn't open till around 5am so say that got worse I went to walmart later that day and got some good deals....

tyke
11-24-2008, 03:44 AM
I have been told that some Walmart 24 hour Supercenters may be open and also Walgreens will be open - has anyone else heard this !

Rain
11-24-2008, 11:46 PM
Are the prices cheaper on the Friday than they would be over the weekend ?????

Goofysmate
11-25-2008, 12:45 AM
We arrive on Thanksgiving & was hoping that something might be open so that i can get some milk for my cuppa

mndisfam
11-26-2008, 06:30 AM
Normally, prices are very cheap Friday from 6 to noon...they are still cheap afterward, but those early bird times are the cheapest. Some stores even open at midnight Thanksgiving night w/ridiculous deals.

But, its crazy!! For just milk, I would think 7-11 or whatever they have in Florida would be open...