PDA

View Full Version : London Mini-meet today: details!

BONZO
05-09-2002, 11:12 AM
Hi folks,

Just back from a DIS mini-meet in London!

It was a mini-meet as it was just me an Jules (Signtalker).

We managed to meet up at the allotted time despite not being sure of the location and she'd given me the wrong mobile number!

I'd recently been to a meeting but I still managed to turn up in my best orange shirt and tie! - scary thought!

Anyway, what can I say? - Witty, charming, good looking, great sense of humour - but enough about me! - LOL

Seriously though, Jules was lovely and we chatted away about the boards, Disney and Florida funnily enough.

I must admit that I felt a bit envious of her sign talking expertise - I'm sure she said a few rude things about me! - LOL

Here's to meeting some more of you all later! - Thanks Jules

:wave:

Janice
05-09-2002, 12:25 PM
Oh I am glad you managed to meet up Shaun, I really wanted to get there too - but as I explained to Jules in my mail, I wasnt able to get away.

Glad you had a good natter - nothing like talking Disney is there?

Amazing-grace
05-09-2002, 01:27 PM
WOT.......NO PHOTOS?:bounce:

vernon
05-09-2002, 04:32 PM
Sorry I couldn't make it, rather pressing business I'm afraid.

BONZO
05-09-2002, 06:11 PM
Sam,

Unfortunately (or fortunately) not with that shirt and tie combo! - LOL

.....although we have just bought a Digital Camera, but I forgot to take the bloomin' thing!

signtalker
05-10-2002, 12:08 PM
Bonzo, sorry about the delay in the reply still pretty traumatised by the orange shirt!!LOL

Hope that you didnt get too much stick from "Strangers" that you had left messages for on their mobile phones!(But hey you work for BT so thats OK!)

Great to meet, and chat to a DIS family member, im sure what we lacked in group size we made up for in noise!

I could have chatted DIS all day, and it was very nice to actually put a face to a name!. I can assure you the hand flapping just looks impressive, sometimes even i dont know what im saying LOL.

Anyway one thing that came out of the mini meet was I've made yet another mate to add to my list, and DH has agreed that when we have a group DIS meet he will take me to meet more of you all(okay I heard that groan SD!!!).
Anyway thanks again shaun(and for the coffee)look forward to the next time

Jules

SpottyDog
05-14-2002, 11:39 AM
So does that mean yer comin up North then Jules?
We've loads of birds for Andy to watch- the Farne Islands is a local bird sanctuary yer kna.

signtalker
05-15-2002, 02:27 AM
SD as long as times etc fit in with work, and we can arrange DS, could possibly be!!!(are you ready for me though SD!!!)

Jules

WebmasterPenny
05-15-2002, 10:23 AM
I'm sorry I couldn't make this one :( But glad you two had a good meet :)

Penny :)

BONZO
05-16-2002, 05:18 AM
The best thing was - that I forgot to mention - was that she could eat and speak at the same time!

Must be a female thing! - LOL

Edayy
05-16-2002, 12:23 PM
So glad to hear you guys had such a wonderful time - so when is the next meet i am finally in London!!!!

Eda

BONZO
05-17-2002, 07:02 AM
Hiya Eda!

I'm sure that we could sort something out later on.

Glad to hear that you've made it to London at last.