PDA

View Full Version : Golf Cart Rates

PPFDDisneyLover
11-17-2008, 04:28 PM
I just called to confirm my reservation for the Golf Carts for next week. I knew that they moved the post and was actually told when I made the ressies to call again and confirm because of the change in computers. Well....:faint:

As it has been reported on here, the rates did go up. BUT, even though I made the reservation in July, I still will have to pay the new reservation prices ($54 compared to $47). What is really making me upset is that they no longer offer discounts for weekly rentals! Now, I'm going to have to rethink my ressies!:mad:

The gentlemen who I talked to was very helpful and made the statement "Disney is just being Disney". I just don't understand why they sweeten the pot at one end, but stick it to us at another end.....:worship:

2goofycampers
11-17-2008, 05:16 PM
Oooops,,sorry.

stacktester
11-17-2008, 05:18 PM
I just called to confirm my reservation for the Golf Carts for next week. I knew that they moved the post and was actually told when I made the ressies to call again and confirm because of the change in computers. Well....:faint:

As it has been reported on here, the rates did go up. BUT, even though I made the reservation in July, I still will have to pay the new reservation prices ($54 compared to $47). What is really making me upset is that they no longer offer discounts for weekly rentals! Now, I'm going to have to rethink my ressies!:mad:

The gentlemen who I talked to was very helpful and made the statement "Disney is just being Disney". I just don't understand why they sweeten the pot at one end, but stick it to us at another end.....:worship:

because they're just bein disney. That stinks they won't give you the previous rate. That would be like me making my annual Thanksgiving ressie a year in advance like we do and then when you drive up it's the present rate. There is a couple company's who will deliver a cart cheaper. Someone will chime in soon and give you Steve's (I think is his name) cart co. number.

Born 2 Fish
11-17-2008, 05:19 PM
I am a firm believer that Bobby I. is dismantling Disney, one bite at a time,,,
this is a typical bite.

BradyBz12
11-17-2008, 06:00 PM
Wow, that really stinks. :sad1:

We're renting off site this year from Golf Cart Enterprises
http://www.golfcartenterprises.com/

We'll be there 3 weeks so it actually ended up being a good bit cheaper than Disney - $530 incl. delivery (and that's actually for a full month rental).

The company only does deliveries/pickup Mon-Fri to the overflow lot.

We haven't used them before, so we'll see how their service is. So far they've been good to work with. :moped:

PPFDDisneyLover
11-17-2008, 06:58 PM
Thanks for the info...

I plan on looking into the off site rentals tonight too...

Brady have you used this person before? I'm a little wary unless many have used it before w/ no problems!

BradyBz12
11-17-2008, 07:12 PM
Brady have you used this person before? I'm a little wary unless many have used it before w/ no problems!

I can definitely understand that - unfortunately this will be our first time with this co. We're arriving 11/30 and I'll try and post and let y'all know how they are to work with.

auntie
11-17-2008, 07:46 PM
Maybe they will honor a AAA discount. I ask because previously if you rented for a week, they gave a weekly discount. They do offer a AAA discount on the bikes and marina rentals. Or at least they did last year. When I inquired about applying a AAA discount to the golf cart rental this year, they told me the only discount on carts was for the weekly... and they couldn't be combined. Now that they've illiminated a weekly discount, maybe (I know..long shot:sad2: ) they would honor the AAA discount. Doesn't hurt to ask.