PDA

View Full Version : HELP-Premium Site Tent Camping?

disneystick
11-17-2008, 04:11 PM
Help All Disney Tent Campers!!! There is going to be 9 of us tent camping from Dec. 29-Jan. 3 at the Fort. I could only book a premium site since all the tent sites were booked up. I've already put tent camping on my reservation and even willing to pay premium and down grade to a tent site if one becomes available on my reservation request.

My question is....we are a Boy Scout Venture Crew (boys and girls ages 14-20) and we do mostly back packing camping, so we have very small back packing tents. Some where I read Disney only allows 2 tents on a site? :scared1: Is this true? :confused: Or do they allow more then 2 tents at a site? Does anybody know?

Kinda hard to fit 9 pp if our tents are only made to fit 1 to 3 people in each.:crowded:

BradyBz12
11-17-2008, 04:19 PM
Some info off the AllEars site...
http://allears.net/acc/faq_fw.htm

"There is room to park one vehicle per site (in addition to the camping vehicle) and each site is limited to 10 people. Additional parking is available at the main parking lot. Check-in time for the campsites is 1 p.m., check-out is at 11 a.m. Multiple tents or combinations of campers and tents can occupy a site; however, there is a $2 charge per adult when there are more than two adults per campsite. Weekly and monthly discounts are available in the off season."

"Tent campers can use premium sites, but since they have a full pad with no sand area at all, unlike the preferred and non-preferred, it can be impossible to find a place to put in tent stakes. The actual size and shape of each site 'will depend on Mother Nature', as Disney likes to say."

I didn't find anything that mentioned a limit on the # of tents. Maybe someone else here will have more info.

Tri-circle-D
11-17-2008, 04:47 PM
I'm sorry to tell you that you are going to have problems. The entire campsite on the premium sites is paved. I saw some tenters in a premium loop on my last visit, and they set their tents up in the back of their site, in the landscaped area. On some sites, there is room for this. On others, it just won't be possible. I guess that the management is allowing this, but I would not be surprised if they create new rules to prohibit this. One tent that I saw on the 800 loop was about 20 feet behind the actual campsite. Because of newly added landscaping, they could not put the tent closer. I know the types of tents that you have need to be staked in order to stay up. I would suggest that you send a fax to the campsite assigner, and let them know your needs. Campsites are assigned about 5 days before you arrive. The number to send the fax is 407-824-3508. I, likewise, have never heard about the two tent rule, and I have seen sites with more than two tents lots of times.

I hope it all works out.

TCD

becky1960
11-17-2008, 05:01 PM
There is a large site next to 800 Loop and I believe 2000 Loop that is used for scout groups Etc. You might want ask about that area as it seemed to look very nice for many tents with their own comfort station. I dont know if there is a minimun group size or not... That site for large Scout groups is called "Creekside Meadow"

LarryJ
11-17-2008, 05:48 PM
Help All Disney Tent Campers!!! There is going to be 9 of us tent camping from Dec. 29-Jan. 3 at the Fort. I could only book a premium site since all the tent sites were booked up. I've already put tent camping on my reservation and even willing to pay premium and down grade to a tent site if one becomes available on my reservation request.

My question is....we are a Boy Scout Venture Crew (boys and girls ages 14-20) and we do mostly back packing camping, so we have very small back packing tents. Some where I read Disney only allows 2 tents on a site? :scared1: Is this true? :confused: Or do they allow more then 2 tents at a site? Does anybody know?

Kinda hard to fit 9 pp if our tents are only made to fit 1 to 3 people in each.:crowded:

Since you are an organized "group", I would look into a group rate for Creekside Meadows and there you will have room to pitch you tents and still have water, and CS facilities. Not sure about any electric, but if you're backpacking you don't have that anyway.

Larry

disneystick
11-17-2008, 06:33 PM
Already check with the group sites and they too are all booked up. Plus, the min. per night is $200 for a group site...and with only 9 of us...it was lots cheaper to just get a reg. site whether prem. or partial. However, of course all partial were booked up.