PDA

View Full Version : Current Status of Loops - help

kpatrick74
11-16-2008, 02:52 PM
Ok, I have tried figuring this out on my own. I keep coming up with different answers. When I look at the chart of what will be what, with what was what, and then the dates for completion and compare that with what Disney people tell me I come up with 3 different answers - ARGH. One at Fort Wilderness and one at Grand Gatherings, totally different answers from both.

I am trying to figure out what loops will be what when I am there from Nov 26 - Nov 30. In our group we have 3 preferred pet loop sites and 1 full hook-up pet loop (dang that one person making their reservation a month later).

If anyone can provide me with a list of the current status of the loops it would be greatly appreciated. Thansk a bunch!

LarryJ
11-16-2008, 03:21 PM
Based on the following that was posted in another thread right now if I'm not mistakened the only pet Preferred currently is the 300 loop. Both the 1600 and 1800 which are now full hook up pet loops haven't had the cable installed yet. I'm currently in a pet full hookup (1800) and when I checked in I tried to get into the 1600, but would have had to move because of a large group coming in sometime in November.

Loop 100 - Preferred
Loop 200 - Preferred
Loop 300 - Preferred (Pet friendly loop)
Loop 400 - Premium
Loop 500 - Premium (Pet friendly loop)
Loop 600 - Premium
Loop 700 - Premium (Pet friendly loop)
Loop 800 - Premium (Pet friendly loop)
Loop 900 - Premium (Pet friendly loop)
Loop 1000 - Premium
Loop 1100 - Premium
Loop 1200 - Premium (Pet friendly loop)
Loop 1300 - Premium (Pet friendly loop)
Loop 1400 - Premium
Loop 1500 - Partial
Loop 1600 - Preferred (Pet friendly loop)
Loop 1700 - Preferred
Loop 1800 - Preferred (Pet friendly loop)
Loop 1900 - Preferred

Larry

kpatrick74
11-17-2008, 04:37 PM
Thanks Larry. What you said matches what one Disney employee told me. Another one told me that loops 100 through 1200 are all pet loops (which closely matches the rumor that all loops are going to be "pet friendly"). Has Disney finally figured out that it is too hard to assign people in loops because of this designation?

I am still curious how loop 300 being the only preferred pet loop site and having only 63 sites is going to work that weekend. This change over/refurbishing is creating quite a challenge.

LarryJ
11-17-2008, 04:57 PM
Thanks Larry. What you said matches what one Disney employee told me. Another one told me that loops 100 through 1200 are all pet loops (which closely matches the rumor that all loops are going to be "pet friendly"). Has Disney finally figured out that it is too hard to assign people in loops because of this designation?

I am still curious how loop 300 being the only preferred pet loop site and having only 63 sites is going to work that weekend. This change over/refurbishing is creating quite a challenge.

I think the problem with the 100, 200 and 300 loops is that they just can't be modified in the entry spaces, etc. to accomodate what Disney is calling a Premium Site and might be shorter, closer together and the loop smaller in turning radius than other loops. Those loops are the three closest to the Settlement TP w/o crossing a road and might have been the first three loops done at FW.

I think Disney wants a 45' Prevost towing a full sized dually pickup to be able to use and get into a Premium site w/o problems.

Of course all this is a WAG on my part.

Larry

kpatrick74
11-17-2008, 06:05 PM
I agree. However, they aren't keeping in mind the fifth-wheels that are 40' long with a Ford F-350 Dually pulling it. Those loops are difficult for them to get in and if they have pets next week, apparently they are going to have to make it work on loop 300. We used to have that, we now have a 40' motorhome and it is way easier for us to get in with our motorhome than it ever was with our fifth-wheel. Sounds like after I get parked, I may just open up a beer and sit down in my chair to watch the entertainment in Loop 300. Too big of a rig being forced in Loop 300 b/c their reservation is "preferred pet". Should be a good show. Everytime I am at FW, no matter what loop I am in, there is always "the one" that has no clue how to park their rig. :rotfl:

I for one, will always make future reservations in premium pet loop. Just for convenience. However, this current reservation was made in Sept of 2007 before changes were made. We have tried so many times to upgrade it's not even funny.

Has anyone noticed how there are way more premium pet loops than there preferred pet loops and of course, the premium costs more. Sounds like Disney is trying to make than just their $5/day pet fee.

rapriebe
11-18-2008, 07:27 AM
The 1700 and 1900 loops are also preferred pet loops. I am currently in the 1900 and there are pets and doggie bag dispensers. I would suspect that the 1600 and 1800 loops will be preferred pet soon. Seems like they convert the full hookup to preferred once the cable is installed. I saw the cable guy putting the ends on the cable connections in the 1800 loop acouple days ago (maybe Saturday). They were doing the cable ends in 1600 over a week ago. I'm still curious where those of us who have full hookup reservations in 2009 will be placed? Someone had mentioned that 900 was not getting cable but we saw the cable sticking out of the pipes so they will have it soon also.