PDA

View Full Version : Anyone in a Premiun site decorated yet?

Mmketeer
11-12-2008, 07:35 AM
I'll be coming in 14 days and staying at the new Premium sites and I am a bit worried about my holiday decorations. How the heck am I gonna strap my blow ups down when they have taken away all he dirt areas? Any suggestions from folks who are camping their now at the Premium sites and decorating for the holidays?

loveDmouse
11-12-2008, 09:05 AM
I am interested in hearing as well. It never dawned upon me until I read your post that we probably would have no where to fix our inflatables up.

Pirate-Jeff
11-12-2008, 09:21 AM
There is still room. the whole site is not paved just/about what was sand

loveDmouse
11-12-2008, 10:20 AM
Great. Thanks for the information! :thumbsup2

Tri-circle-D
11-12-2008, 02:26 PM
There is still room. the whole site is not paved just/about what was sand

Actually, there is a lot of new concrete on either side of the entrance to each site, too. So the big rigs can back up easier. This does decrease the dirt areas between the entrance to each site, but there in most cases, you will still have room for an inflatable or two. But, on some sites, (not many- maybe one or two on each loop). the concrete now literally touches between the entrances to the sites. Like this:

http://i301.photobucket.com/albums/nn76/Tri-Circle-D/FW10308192.jpg

http://i301.photobucket.com/albums/nn76/Tri-Circle-D/FWPHOTOS043.jpg

That being said, since all the brush has been cleared out between the sites, there are more possible places to display your decorations.

TCD

loveDmouse
11-12-2008, 03:12 PM
Thanks TCD! :thumbsup2

Mmketeer
11-12-2008, 03:32 PM
Actually, there is a lot of new concrete on either side of the entrance to each site, too. So the big rigs can back up easier. This does decrease the dirt areas between the entrance to each site, but there in most cases, you will still have room for an inflatable or two. But, on some sites, (not many- maybe one or two on each loop). the concrete now literally touches between the entrances to the sites. Like this:

http://i301.photobucket.com/albums/nn76/Tri-Circle-D/FW10308192.jpg

http://i301.photobucket.com/albums/nn76/Tri-Circle-D/FWPHOTOS043.jpg

That being said, since all the brush has been cleared out between the sites, there are more possible places to display your decorations.

TCD

Thanks for the photo of your Halloween decorations. It looks you do have a 4ft vampire mickey blow up in front of your MH. Were you able to stake it in on the one side close to the dirt? I know every single site is gonna be full when I go for thanksgiving, so using the neighbors area isn't gonna be possiable.
Gosh, I think everything I have is suppose to be staked in, candy canes, blow ups, etc. I guess I better start thinking of a creative way to put them on the cement as my 5th wheel won't take up all the space on the new extended area. Maybe I should bring some bricks and stuff???

Tri-circle-D
11-12-2008, 03:42 PM
Thanks for the photo of your Halloween decorations. It looks you do have a 4ft vampire mickey blow up in front of your MH. Were you able to stake it in on the one side close to the dirt? I know every single site is gonna be full when I go for thanksgiving, so using the neighbors area isn't gonna be possiable.
Gosh, I think everything I have is suppose to be staked in, candy canes, blow ups, etc. I guess I better start thinking of a creative way to put them on the cement as my 5th wheel won't take up all the space on the new extended area. Maybe I should bring some bricks and stuff???

Actually, those photos are of other sites. Here is my site from Halloween. I have an 8' Mickey Dracula, not a mere 4' :thumbsup2

http://i301.photobucket.com/albums/nn76/Tri-Circle-D/FWHalloween2008202.jpg

You can see that everything got staked down in a pretty tight area. Talk about a tripping hazard, though!

I am not sure that you really need to stake everything. You are just going to have to be creative. And, not all the sites are as close together as the ones that I depicted. Just go with the flow.

TCD

2DIZNY
11-12-2008, 09:35 PM
How about tying them to buckets full of water on the concrete? Easy to transport empty buckets, easy to fill, and easy to keep full. They should be heavy enough if they are big enough.

Tigger1966
11-12-2008, 10:34 PM
I hate that they have cleared out so much between the sites. You use to have privacy with the brush and trees. When we were down in June it seemed more like a parking lot than Wilderness,

Pirate-Jeff
11-12-2008, 10:51 PM
I hate that they have cleared out so much between the sites. You use to have privacy with the brush and trees. When we were down in June it seemed more like a parking lot than Wilderness,

There is irrigation hose stretched every where under the pine/mulch and they are replanting now. You should have been there over Halloween for the yelling match when the worker cut down the new tree that was planted only 5 minutes earlier. A MAJOR English to Spanish language problem.

Tigger1966
11-12-2008, 11:00 PM
I have run into that all the way up here when there is a large crew of men and only one of them speaks english and he can't be found.

Mmketeer
11-13-2008, 04:10 PM
Actually, those photos are of other sites. Here is my site from Halloween. I have an 8' Mickey Dracula, not a mere 4' :thumbsup2

http://i301.photobucket.com/albums/nn76/Tri-Circle-D/FWHalloween2008202.jpg

You can see that everything got staked down in a pretty tight area. Talk about a tripping hazard, though!

I am not sure that you really need to stake everything. You are just going to have to be creative. And, not all the sites are as close together as the ones that I depicted. Just go with the flow.

TCD

Ah yes, a much bigger & better Vampire Mickey. :)

Mmketeer
11-24-2008, 01:55 PM
BUMP ...I'll be able to let ya'll know in 2 days!!

Bringing.....Crafted Mickey Wreath to hang off my 5th wheel, Mickey lamp post wrapped with garland and lights, two Mickey blow ups (one 7ft and one 4ft), a 4ft lighted Christmas tree, a couple of lighted candy canes and a animated Mickey. Oh yeah and I have a bettery operated Christmas wreath on bike as well. :)

BradyBz12
11-24-2008, 05:40 PM
Bringing.....Crafted Mickey Wreath to hang off my 5th wheel, Mickey lamp post wrapped with garland and lights, two Mickey blow ups (one 7ft and one 4ft), a 4ft lighted Christmas tree, a couple of lighted candy canes and a animated Mickey. Oh yeah and I have a bettery operated Christmas wreath on bike as well. :)

Do you know what loop you'll be in? We're arriving on Sunday :banana: :banana: :banana: and can't wait to go looping and see all the lights.

This is actually going to be the first year we decorate the TT. I've got the entire area under the dinette seat packed FULL of lights, plus I bought 3 lighted wreaths to fashion a Mickey out of.

I'm too excited to sleep!! :santa:

Shan-man
11-24-2008, 06:38 PM
How long you gonna be there BradyBz12? I'll be there 7th thru 12th... hoping to meet as many DISers as I can!

BradyBz12
11-24-2008, 06:52 PM
11-30-12/19 :dance3:

Shooting for the 300 loop (fingers crossed). We're hoping to make it to the dog park with our 2 border collies at least once a day too. So if you see a black and white dog chasing a ball/frisbee, being orbited at 30 miles an hour by a smaller grayish/whitish (technically "blue merle") dog.... that's us! Be sure to say hi. :goodvibes

Shan-man
11-24-2008, 07:07 PM
Will do! We will be spend our fair share of time at the Dog Park.

Mmketeer
11-25-2008, 03:30 PM
Do you know what loop you'll be in? We're arriving on Sunday :banana: :banana: :banana: and can't wait to go looping and see all the lights.

This is actually going to be the first year we decorate the TT. I've got the entire area under the dinette seat packed FULL of lights, plus I bought 3 lighted wreaths to fashion a Mickey out of.

I'm too excited to sleep!! :santa:

Gosh, it looks like we'll just be missing each other as I will be checking out on Sunday Nov. 30th. Alas I have to get back to work so I can cover for my boss who will then be going to Disney and staying at Port Orleans. I got her to make a Mickey wreath and stuff to hang in her resort window. Spreading the Disney Christmas magic, though noboby can really compete with us campers. LOL!

I have requested the 800 Loop, but if it's full they may give me 500 which I think maybe the only other Premium site done. Take pictures, I'd love to see your site. ;)

BradyBz12
11-25-2008, 04:50 PM
Gosh, it looks like we'll just be missing each other as I will be checking out on Sunday Nov. 30th.

Aw, that's a shame! :sad2:

Take pictures, I'd love to see your site. ;)

Will do! Have a wonderful time. :goodvibes

Mmketeer
11-30-2008, 02:15 PM
:thumbsup2 UPDATE!!
We just got back today, http://i480.photobucket.com/albums/rr168/Mmketeer1/LJ077.jpg

though Wed and Thurs was a bit chilly with lows in the 40's in the morning it warmed up nicely by Fri and Sat. We had great weather for our Thanksgiving trip. :)
The loop 800 is still my favorite and we had no problem putting up our two Mickey blow ups, our Mickey lamp post complete with garland and santa hat, musical tree, candy canes etc. Plenty of room on the sides and most of us used whatever we could stand up on the pavement area as well. Though the preferred loops still have more of an area to stick stuff in the ground, the new Premium sites were just fine. We had the whole back corner of the 800 loop decorated between me, Wilderness Wookie form the board here and his two sites and the other two neighbors that decided to decorate too. It did seem like their were quite a few loops that I would call dark with only one or two sites participating in decorating for Christmas. That was kinda sad. Maybe it's just me as it's been a few years since I camped at FW during the holidays, but it seems like less people this year decorated their sites. However, there were at least four folks that really out did themselves that had sites right on the main road or near Pioneer Hall and I was so happy to see that. :) One of them even had a small walk through area that I of course got off my bike with my lighted Christmas wreath to go check out. :)

Other Disney notes:
The castle was so pretty with all the white iceclicle lights and it changed colors a few times. The monorail resorts weren't as dressed up as I remember in the past. For example the Contemporary didn't have it's green and red lights on the outside nor where their any of the normal push up popsicle shaped christmas trees in the front. They did have a huge gingerbread scene though. The polynesian resort had a couple of little gingerbread themed houses and the grand Floridian had it's gingerbread house where I did purchase a ginger bread cookie, but the giant tree was missing the huge mirriors that they use to put on it as ornaments. Downtown Disney had Santa hidden in between The World of Disney and that bath gift shop, not in the walkway near the carosuel where he's been out in the open for many years. I also didn't see the big Christmas tree that they use to have at Downtown D, maybe I missed it. Oh and by the way I only saw one small dog at DD. It seems to me that Disney may have scaled back this year a bit with there decorations. Then again it's been a couple of years since I have been during the Christmas time so maybe it was just me. All in all it was a magical trip and I am definitly in the Christmas spirit and ready to start celebrating the holidays.

RNmomnFL
11-30-2008, 09:17 PM
[QUOTE=Mmketeer;28963079]:thumbsup2 UPDATE!!
We just got back today, though Wed and Thurs was a bit chilly with lows in the 40's in the morning it warmed up nicely by Fri and Sat. We had great weather for our Thanksgiving trip. :)
The loop 800 is still my favorite and we had no problem putting up our two Mickey blow ups, our Mickey lamp post complete with garland and santa hat, musical tree, candy canes etc. Plenty of room on the sides and most of us used whatever we could stand up on the pavement area as well. Though the preferred loops still have more of an area to stick stuff in the ground, the new Premium sites were just fine. We had the whole back corner of the 800 loop decorated between me, Wilderness Wookie form the board here and his two sites and the other two neighbors that decided to decorate too. It did seem like their were quite a few loops that I would call dark with only one or two sites participating in decorating for Christmas. That was kinda sad. Maybe it's just me as it's been a few years since I camped at FW during the holidays, but it seems like less people this year decorated their sites. However, there were at least four folks that really out did themselves that had sites right on the main road or near Pioneer Hall and I was so happy to see that. :) One of them even had a small walk through area that I of course got off my bike with my lighted Christmas wreath to go check out. :)

I think it was 733 that was really decorated. We were in the 800 loop this trip and loved it. It's so close to the Meadows and the marina.

Tigger1966
11-30-2008, 10:30 PM
Any pictures??????

mdoc
12-01-2008, 10:45 AM
We just got back last night. We had a premium site in the 400 loop and we had some blowup decorations (a turkey, Mickey santa and Frosty). We sat the turkey on the concrete as he was pretty stable, and staked Mickey and Frosty on the non-paved area next to our concrete pad. We couldn't have staked down 20-30 of these things, like some people have, but for our few decorations there was no problem. The folks in the site next to us had a few more decorations, and they had them displayed back into the site instead of along the front - there's enough unpaved area that they fit their 7-8 items and there was room for a few more.

testtubes
12-01-2008, 01:16 PM
Can't wait to see the decorations. We will be there this Friday, 12/5 through 12/16. We have been getting our decorations in order for a week now. We had originally planned this trip as my retirement celebration but the economy will keep me on the job a little longer. We are still going to take the vacation though.
Hope to meet a few of you there next week.

Shan-man
12-01-2008, 04:54 PM
Look for me. I should be in 500 between the 7th and the 14th and will have my Limey Site Sign on display. I should be around quite a bit, particularly after the 10th.

LORNADUCK
12-02-2008, 08:00 PM
We just got back today also, we were there from Fri. until today in the 400 loop also. No decorations only Mickey ears on a tree. We meet a few dishers, saw a lot of signs, but no one in when we went buy. Sunday's rain sort of put a damper on our plans, we missed the osborne lights at HS. But we did get to see wishers 2x, the castle is so beautiful . We will be back on New Years Weekend, and not going to the parks, so maybe we can meet up with somemore people then.

Mmketeer
12-03-2008, 10:56 AM
We just got back today also, we were there from Fri. until today in the 400 loop also. No decorations only Mickey ears on a tree. We meet a few dishers, saw a lot of signs, but no one in when we went buy. Sunday's rain sort of put a damper on our plans, we missed the osborne lights at HS. But we did get to see wishers 2x, the castle is so beautiful . We will be back on New Years Weekend, and not going to the parks, so maybe we can meet up with somemore people then.

That's just sad that their weren't more decorations....what's up with everyone? I thought when I was there last week that their wasn't as many sites decorated from what I remembered a few years ago as well. I didn't get to met any Dis'ers on my trip either except for my neighbor, thank goodness for Wilderness Wookies. :) Maybe next time for me too, though I am kinda shy so I don't seek folks out as much as I should. I am very jealous that you'll be back for New Years. I'm broke from my last stay....have fun!! :thumbsup2

BradyBz12
12-05-2008, 11:53 PM
The decorations are growing by the day! Went looping for the 3rd time this evening and there are easily 40-50% more in the last 5 days.

Super display in the 1500 loop along the main road, another in the 100 loop backing up to the Trading Post, one just across from the entrance to the TP/Marina area in the 700 and one more just off the main drag (1000/1100?)

:santa: :santa: