PDA

View Full Version : Hayley & Els' PJ - 11 AUG 2010 - WP/Napa/Sago Cay - New Updates!

Pages : [1] 2

Eeyore's Tailfinder
11-12-2008, 07:10 AM
Hi There!

I figured I lurk oh-not-so-quietly here enough, so I should really get started on my PJ! I can't believe I've refrained this long since getting engaged, but I've been super busy at work, so let's get started!

Introducing Us!

I'm Hayley, I'm 23 and I'm the soon-to-be Bride! It's so exciting to say that! I'm almost halfway through my Ph.D - hopefully I'll get that Doctorate before we say I Do!

DF is 26 and he's an IT Technician. We've been together since July 2004.

Disney-Bride2010
11-12-2008, 07:17 AM
Congratulations! What a cute engagement story! You're getting married exactly 1 week after me! (hopefully) :rotfl: Looking forward to hearing more wedding plans!

Eeyore's Tailfinder
11-12-2008, 09:16 AM
Wedding Plans!

Important: If you see I've used your photo and not credited you for it, please let me know so I can credit you properly! I tend to save photos I like and not remember who they're from!

Colours - The first thing we really decided upon. Or did we?! We've more or less decided on our colours, but I'm still going back and forth. We're doing Chocolate Brown, Champagne/Gold, and a light Pink as an accent. I am a real pink girl - everything has to be pink! I love chocolate brown and gold as I think they go really well together, but I just had to have that pink in there somewhere! Plus, I fell in love with some pink flowers, and had to have them!

Ceremony - This has to be in the Wedding Pavilion. I don't think there's any leeway with that! It sucks that it's more expensive than the other locations but it's where we imagined our wedding would be - plus we got engaged just outside!

Officiant - No idea yet. We want a non-denominational ceremony, but we don't mind if whoever marries us is religious - we just want the ceremony to not be! If anyone has any recommendations, I would love to hear them!

Transport - Hard one! Obviously I would love the Coach, but I just don't know if I can justify it! We'll see where we are with the budget, but I was just thinking of walking to the WP from the GF.

Ceremony Entertainment - The Organist - I have no idea with music yet though. I'd like to walk in to something quirky, but I might leave that for the recessional.

Ceremony Decor - Despite my colours, I'd like the Pavilion to be all white. I'd love a wide white aisle runner, with white rose petals both sides, and jars with petals and candles in every other pew. Also some swagging with chiffon bows at each pew. I LOVE the way that the Pavilion is decorated for the Simply Chic Couture wedding, and I'd like something loosely based on that.
http://img399.imageshack.us/img399/1074/wpzo0.jpg
(Just the aisle runner and the petals)

http://img525.imageshack.us/img525/9623/floatingweddingcandlesai4.jpg
Something like these every other pew, but with white rose petals in.

Flowers - For my flowers, I always thought I'd have Calla Lillies. Until I saw a certain DISbride's flowers and I love them. I can't for the life of me remember who it was, but they were pink roses with stephanotis in.
http://www.sophiasflowers.com/images/boquet/Roses-Stephanotis-bouquet_.jpg
They would look like this, except in pink.

The bridesmaids will have rosewands - Photo courtesy of orangetiggs!
http://img523.imageshack.us/img523/8090/rosewandstiggsey6.jpg

Pre-Reception - I think The Summerhouse at the GF, but I do like the balcony where they do the reception for the Escape Weddings too. I wonder if we'd be allowed that? Food will be light food - something like the fruit and vegetable dip, or a few flatbreads; and for drinks there'll be bottles of water with our labels on and a Cocktail Menu (BOC). I LOVE this one, but with different drinks:
http://img340.imageshack.us/img340/9378/47b6cc26b3127cce8fadef4xr0.jpg

Ceremony - I thought I was set on the Napa Room, but I think I just changed my mind with the new minimums for 2010 and especially seeing how wonderful orangetiggs' wedding was. I think we're going for the Whitehall Room. I'm not sure how the table arrangement will be yet, it depends how many come!

Entertainment - Again, it depends on how many people come! We're not sure whether to go for a DJ, iPod, or just a violinist. If quite a few people come, we might get a DJ, make things easier.
However many people, we are definitely getting a character and it has to be Donald Duck according to DF - he loves the Duck.

Favours - I love the idea of a Candy Bar
http://farfallawedding.files.wordpress.com/2008/04/candy-buffet.jpg

Cake - We both love the Mad Hatter Cake!

After Reception - If there's less than 18 of us, I'm going to try and get the Grand 1. If there's more, then we'll do a Wishes Dessert Party at Sago Cay. We both love Wishes.

Sorry, another long post!!

Angela0917
11-12-2008, 09:26 AM
Congrats!!:banana:

Just have to say... you look like Miley Cyrus!!

padisneyfour
11-12-2008, 09:39 AM
welcome and congrats! your plans sound wonderful.looking forward to hearing more.... :goodvibes

Eeyore's Tailfinder
11-12-2008, 09:47 AM
Thanks Ladies!! I can't believe I finally get to start my own PJ! I have a reason for stalking this board now :teeth:

Miley Cyrus is a first I'll admit! :laughing:

orangetiggs
11-12-2008, 09:51 AM
you have my picture of my wands!

congrats as well

orangetiggs
11-12-2008, 10:05 AM
you must have been out there when we got married! we got married sept 2nd this year!!

Eeyore's Tailfinder
11-12-2008, 10:18 AM
Yes we were! We were staying at the Poly until Sept 1st, and when we went for a walk past Francks on Aug 31st, I was peeking in and they had the Weddings board for the next day ready, propped against the window - I am sure your wedding rehearsal was on it, and I forgot to take a pic! Your wedding was beautiful :goodvibes

askelton
11-12-2008, 10:36 AM
http://www.sophiasflowers.com/images/boquet/Roses-Stephanotis-bouquet_.jpg

Beautiful! I had red where you'll have pink. I loved it. :thumbsup2

http://farfallawedding.files.wordpress.com/2008/04/candy-buffet.jpgI love this idea and the colors are fabulous! :goodvibes

Cake - We both love the Mad Hatter Cake! Is that the really colorful one that's not quite straight?

bridetobe789
11-12-2008, 11:56 AM
you definitely have a good start on everything!! Way more than I do I think :rotfl: ! Look forward to hearing more!!

pjstevens
11-12-2008, 11:57 AM
Hayley, Everything sounds great! Have you gotten all settled into your new home? Can't wait to hear more.

B2B-2008
11-12-2008, 02:29 PM
Hayley, first off congratulations from another UK bride.

I just wanted to say I used one of your food reports to help plan our wedding trip so I felt i got to know you and when I saw that you got engaged in WDW I was happy for you.

I'm so glad you are having a Disney wedding. I sure you will have fun planning.

Disneychix
11-12-2008, 02:53 PM
Hey Hayley! You know how excited I am for you and Els (this is Rosie!) and your plans are coming along great. I was recently in a wedding and the bridemaid dresses were champagne with pink sashes. I'll try to dig up a picture.

And of course I love chocolate brown as that was my wedding color! :)

Have you looked at any dresses yet? Never too early for that!

orangetiggs
11-12-2008, 02:58 PM
yes our wedding rehearsal was on the 1st!

You will have a great wedding, ours was so good and disney were great

Eeyore's Tailfinder
11-14-2008, 02:12 PM
Thank You Ladies! Hi Rosie!!

B2B-2008 - I love your new signature photos!! I'll have to try and start my Food Trippie from this year, it sort of got neglected a bit :teeth:

Good to see you Patty! We are settled I think! It's so nice to have our own place and we're still getting engagement/new home cards! Everyone has been really kind!

It's been a bit of a tough week, since my granddad died last Thursday and yesterday was his funeral. Patty, you may remember me saying on our Cruise thread that my granddad had died in March, so I've lost 2 within the space of 8 months. This year has had some both good and bad stuff happen. I admit, thinking about the wedding has taken my mind off things a bit so it was lucky I had something to keep me busy.

Onto happier things, I haven't had a look at any dresses yet - well in stores anyway! I need to exercise/diet/lose weight!! I do love Maggie Sottero dresses - like the Capri Royale. I'm not sure whether to go for pick-ups or a princessy-style chiffon skirt - I like both styles!

orangetiggs
11-14-2008, 02:48 PM
mine was a maggie sottero.

I'm so sorry for your loss

Disney-Bride2010
11-14-2008, 02:53 PM
I'm sorry for your loss Hayley... I understand what you're going through. Both of my grandparents passed exactly 6 weeks from each other. At least you have wedding planning to help take your mind off everything. Just remember that there's an extra :angel: looking over you now!

askelton
11-14-2008, 03:06 PM
So sorry to hear about your grandfather. :hug:

Eeyore's Tailfinder
11-14-2008, 04:18 PM
Thank you :hug: Just trying to get back to normality now... I haven't had any work done this week, but I have been doing a bit of work on our wedding website which has helped a LOT, and DF has been lovely and booked a 2 night trip to Rome in January :) So I have the job of finding a hotel for that and planning where we'll go which will keep me even busier!

Your dress was lovely Sarah :teeth: I also love Hollywood Dreams, but $$$! I think I might try the dress on over here and order from the US or something... dresses seem to be much cheaper over in the States. Depends how much difference it is with the exchange rate now, and delivery and import tax.

askelton
11-14-2008, 05:42 PM
DF has been lovely and booked a 2 night trip to Rome in January :)

How fabulous! :lovestruc

B2B-2008
11-15-2008, 03:15 AM
Sorry to hear about your loss Hayley, I'm glad you are finding things to keep you busy.

I would love to go to Rome. We are visiting my friend in Italy in March but she lives on the other side of Italy opposite Rome.

My dress was a Hollywood Dreams dress and I loved it. I got a 10% discount by ordering it at the National Wedding Show they hold each year and free fittings which saved quite a bit of money. I sure with the way the world is at the moment there will be some good discounts around. I ordered my dress two years before the wedding!

jackieleanne
11-15-2008, 04:45 AM
Congratulations on the engagement and on having a disney wedding. I'm so sorry to hear about your loss. I love everything that you have picked out for your wedding so far, I love the look of the candy bar.

Eeyore's Tailfinder
11-15-2008, 06:34 AM
I am so excited to go! I love Italy, we went to Venice last year which was really nice. I could live on Italian food, so I'm very much looking forward to that!!

B2B2008 - Your dress is absolutely lovely! I love your photos, it makes me want to call up DFTW and tell them I want that carriage NOW! :laughing: How did you like the wedding show? I was thinking of going maybe next year with my mum.

I haven't really been to any wedding fayres yet as we're not getting married around here. I'm not sure if we're having a party when we come back. The WDW wedding is most important at the moment and we want to make sure we have everything we want for that before thinking about an at-home reception.

Did any UK Brides not have an UK Reception afterwards?

How about planning sessions? I would LOVE to go on a PS session, in fact, it was one of the things that I thought was cool about a WDW Wedding. But now I'm thinking that cash could go towards our wedding. Did any UK Brides not have a planning session?

orangetiggs
11-15-2008, 08:07 AM
we could nt have the carriage but had the horse drawn landau which was lovely.

we had a church blessing and reception afterwards the day after we landed back!!

B2B-2008
11-15-2008, 09:06 AM
We didn't decide to have the carriage until two months before the wedding. Darren at first said he didn't like the idea of it but he changed his mind nearer the time. We were both so glad we got it in the end.

We went to quite a few wedding shows, Darren come to the big one with me. I would say go if you can as they do offer good deals.

We didn't have a reception at home as I thought it would be more stress to have to plan two events also we only wanted to use our savings for our holiday and wedding.

We didn't go to WDW for a planning session, again because we wanted to use the money for the wedding, but my planner was amazing and all the photos on here helped so much.

Eeyore's Tailfinder
11-15-2008, 10:40 AM
We'd both sort of agreed on not having the carriage, since it's sooo expensive for such a short time - but the more I look at it, the more I want it... yep, naughty me.

I was wondering whether I would regret not having the huge wedding back at home, but we'd just rather use the money towards the WDW wedding of our dreams. I mean, we'd rather have the Coach than feed all 50 extra people that we see once in a blue moon :) If I had a wedding like yours Jane, I don't think I'd regret it! It's also lovely to see your parents enjoying themselves so much - I'm so excited to show mine around!!

Thank you for your replies :) It does help a lot to talk to other brides, especially coming from the UK!

MrsTigger
11-15-2008, 10:58 AM
Hi Hayley, Just spotted you had started your PJ -thought I'd have a quick read. Your plans sound great so far- I look forward to hearing more...

Sorry to hear about your loss, hope your both settled in your house now.

B2B-2008
11-15-2008, 04:17 PM
I was wondering whether I would regret not having the huge wedding back at home, but we'd just rather use the money towards the WDW wedding of our dreams. I mean, we'd rather have the Coach than feed all 50 extra people that we see once in a blue moon :) If I had a wedding like yours Jane, I don't think I'd regret it! It's also lovely to see your parents enjoying themselves so much - I'm so excited to show mine around!!

I was so happy when we cancelled our wedding in England there was going to be 120 people for the day alone and the only people that I was really bothered about being at our wedding were the people that came to orlando. So much pressure was put on us by our family as soon as we said the words marriage and wedding.

We don't regret for one moment our wedding day we both enjoyed it so much and to be honest I wasn't looking forward to the wedding we were originally going to have one bit. That wedding was for our parents.

torsie24
12-21-2008, 02:59 PM
Hi Hayley!!!

Wow, your wedding plans sound SO similar to mine!! :)

Great to see another UK bride on here!!! Can't wait to read more of your PJ!!

Eeyore's Tailfinder
12-22-2008, 05:57 AM
Hi!!

I haven't planned anything else really - after Xmas, I'm going for it! :laughing:

torsie24
12-22-2008, 06:37 AM
Hi!!

I haven't planned anything else really - after Xmas, I'm going for it! :laughing:
:)

I've not started my PJ yet.

I'm saving that and trying on dresses until I have my ring! (Which hopefully wont be more than a month or two niw, as we're going to the jewellers very soon!)

I am getting very tempted to start a draft one so it's ready to go as soon as I'm officially engaged, Lol.

Also, I think I should wait until 2009 at least to start a PJ for a 2011 wedding! Little too soon maybe?

I'm jsut SO glad I found the DIS, I can't believe how magical DFTW's are, and that I could have considered getting married somewhere else!!

Jack even said to me the other day - "Whenever I think about our wedding, I can't imagine it not being in front of the window with the Castle in the background" So the magic has even gotten to him!

Cinderella16
12-23-2008, 01:55 PM
Haley, your engagement story was so very cute! :goodvibes

Your plans sound wonderful so far, enjoy the planning process, it goes FAST!!! Trust me.

I can't wait for the rest of your plans. Talk to you soon!

pink_tink8i8
12-23-2008, 05:15 PM
ohhh your ideas are so fun! love the candy bar as favors. :goodvibes

ariel2007
01-03-2009, 07:54 PM
Hey Hayley, I am so glad you posted on here. I was having trouble keeping up with different sites so its great I can just come on here and find your journal. Can't wait to hear about more of your plans.

Eeyore's Tailfinder
02-02-2009, 10:02 AM
I JUST CALLED DISNEY!

She took my details and a wedding consultant will call us back in 1-2 days :teeth: I was worried I'd be too far out, but in a couple days we'll have a Consultant!

I haven't been really doing anything much with our wedding planning over Christmas and that, but this is exciting!!

Chilly
02-02-2009, 10:15 AM
Everything you have planned sounds wonderful, it is great to see so many UK brides on here.

mcarthur205
02-02-2009, 10:54 AM
Your plans sound great Hayley. I bet you can't wait for a DFTW to call you back! Keep us updated!

Eeyore's Tailfinder
02-03-2009, 11:03 AM
Eek! Now I could burst, I'm so excited!

Just got a call back from Disney - wasn't expecting them to call back until tomorrow or the day after, so I am very impressed!!

Diane is our wedding consultant and she sounded absolutely lovely on the phone - has anyone else had her? She is going to e-mail me some information over so DF and I can have a look through!

It feels a tiny bit more real now, and may be my behind in gear to send our Save the Dates out!!

Disney-Bride2010
02-04-2009, 07:36 AM
I have Diane as my wedding coordinator too!

malibustacey
02-04-2009, 08:01 AM
Omg- Diane is my consultant too- i rang up Disney from UK on Monday night, and they lady on the phone said someone would be in contact with me, and last night, i recieved an email from Diane - i said that the best way of contact is through emal.. and she emailed me!!

I let her know some info of what we want, and that we wanted to come out to see her in March, as that is the only time we can come until the wedding..

it is proper exciting!

Eeyore's Tailfinder
02-05-2009, 05:05 AM
LOL Stacey, I just left a message on your PJ saying, Diane is my consultant too!! I should have checked here first, I'm just so excited!

Let me know how you get on in March!!

Eeyore's Tailfinder
02-05-2009, 05:29 AM
OK, I've sort of neglected my PJ a bit - I thought once I had one I'd be updating every 5mins, but it just doesn't feel real, and I love reading other people's PJs! (So that's my excuse!)

So here's where we're at so far:

I called Disney! They called me back the next day and assigned me a consultant: Diane :teeth: She e-mailed me loads of different info that I could look through. We have a DFTW Consultant!!

I've made our STDs and made a sample, they need a little tweaking, but I love them! We're planning on printing them and sending them out towards the end of the month. They're designed like airline tickets and they do look really cute! I'll post a screen shot once I'm on my Mac. I'm between 2 minds as to order those little sticky 'diamonds' and stick them somewhere, as well as perforating the tearaway bits, but that might be taking it a bit too far.

I've been to one wedding fayre last Sunday! It was fun looking at all the table covers and bits and bobs like that, but looking at the venue made me glad we're doing it in Disney! We might have a small wedding, but we'll have fun!

At the Fayre, there was a local dress shop, with a beautiful dress in gold with them. I've always wanted a white wedding dress, and I'd still like one, but now I think I'm open to other things. The dress does come in white and light pink also. The more I look at the dress, the more I love it, so I have to go and try it on.

This is not the dress, but I did like this one before I saw the one at the Fayre:
http://cn1.kaboodle.com/hi/img/2/0/0/32/2/AAAAAq2Fhk4AAAAAADIrTw.jpg
It's the Maggie Sottero Capri Royale

The One?
http://www.mariposabride.com/images/gallery/ball/Sottero_Victoriana.gif

http://www.tiffanysonthesquare.com/bridal_908/maggie/victoriana2.jpg
It's Victoriana by Maggie Sottero. I'd seen it on the website before and thought it looked pretty, but it was beautiful IRL! It looked like Belle's dress! DF was with me at the wedding fayre, and it caught his eye as well and told me to go ask how much it was so I know he likes it. I told him I couldn't have it now as he'd seen it, but there's no way he'll remember it ;) I'd like a bit underskirt thingy on it though, so it's a bit more princessy :)

I e-mailed a photo of it to my mam and she said it was beautiful. I have to go try it on, but knowing my luck, it'll look rubbish on me!

Chilly
02-05-2009, 07:26 AM
I love both those dresses.

Eeyore's Tailfinder
02-05-2009, 07:52 AM
I LOVE the Victoriana, the more I look at it, I want it :laughing:

I hope I love it when it's on!

Eeyore's Tailfinder
02-17-2009, 06:34 AM
I have my first dress viewing appointment tomorrow! Exciting!!!

Hopefully they'll have the Victoriana so that I can try it on :teeth:

We're planning on printing the STDs out this weekend so that we can send them ASAP!

Chilly
02-17-2009, 08:11 AM
Have fun trying on dresses. Try on as many as possible as you never know what you'll like or what will look best.

Eeyore's Tailfinder
02-17-2009, 08:46 AM
I'm really looking forward! It might give me the boost I need to lose a few pounds too!

I've bought a couple of things on Ebay:
http://img.auctiva.com/imgdata/2/3/1/7/6/1/webimg/228940262_tp.jpg
Bubble wands, 12 of them. I can easily buy more depending on how many guests we have, I wanted to see how they worked out. Not sure on a petal or bubble exit, but the bubbles are cute and would be cheaper than buying the petals!

http://i17.ebayimg.com/04/i/001/2e/55/28f9_1.JPG
Chocolate brown ribbon with gold edging to go on the bubbles and any other various items.

http://i4.ebayimg.com/04/i/000/ed/23/ee87_1.JPG
Stick-on rhinestones for the STDs and various other things!

http://www.stamps.co.uk/catalog/images/XCU-806L.jpg
And lastly, a mini perforator to perforate the 'tearaway' bits on our STDs, make them look a bit more authentic like airline tickets. Not sure how this will work out!

It still doesn't feel real though!!

orangetiggs
02-17-2009, 08:52 AM
love your buys, the ribbon is a lovely colour

You wont be sorry for choosing misty or Jack day, we had both at our wedding and loved them. We are plannign on using them both for our vow renewal in 5 years time!

Eeyore's Tailfinder
02-17-2009, 08:56 AM
Sarah, your photos definitely helped us choose Misty, along with Jane's - both of your photos are lovely and that's definitely the look I want for our day :)

I love the Roots too, although I don't think budget will allow :(

I got to the stage where I wanted to buy SOMETHING for my wedding, to make it seem real :laughing:

Chilly
02-17-2009, 09:02 AM
I got to the stage where I wanted to buy SOMETHING for my wedding, to make it seem real :laughing:

I know that feeling!

orangetiggs
02-17-2009, 09:03 AM
I didnt feel it was real till the doors opened at the wp!! I then started crying!!

Eeyore's Tailfinder
02-17-2009, 09:04 AM
:laughing: So now I have bubbles which I don't need for another 18 months, but every little helps right?! :teeth:

Eeyore's Tailfinder
02-17-2009, 09:04 AM
I didnt feel it was real till the doors opened at the wp!! I then started crying!!

Aww :goodvibes It does all feel like I'm planning something that is years and years away!

polynesianbride
02-17-2009, 09:41 AM
Hi Hayley! I just found your PJ and it looks like you have some great ideas so far:banana: Congratulations and have fun trying on dresses tomorrow... take lots of pics for us! Can't wait to follow your story!

gemmybear83
02-17-2009, 11:06 AM
I just found your PJ too! Its great to find another UK bride!:)

malibustacey
02-17-2009, 11:13 AM
yes def try and take lots of photos for us of you in the dresses you try on!!

MegKate
02-17-2009, 04:19 PM
Hey Hayley, :)

Congrats on getting a wedding consultant - it makes it so much more real doesn't it? :banana:

I think you'll look beautiful in either of those two gorgeous dresses! You'll def. have to post photos for us all after you try them on!

Eeyore's Tailfinder
02-17-2009, 05:22 PM
I'm just rubbish at updating my own PJ!

Nice to see so many UK Brides on here though! :goodvibes

I'll try my best to sneak some photos tomorrow, not sure if the shop allows photos, but we'll soon find out!

Mrsdisneyb2b
02-17-2009, 07:44 PM
I love the corset on the dress!!!!!!! Wow its so beautiful!!!

And your proposal is so adorable espesially the pictures afterwards with you and the palm trees!!!!!!

Ive said it a million times but, I LOVE CANDY BARS!!! Candy bars rock!!!! If you need any sites for old fashioned candy let me know! I have TONS

Cinderella16
02-21-2009, 08:38 AM
Beautiful dress!!! You cannot go wrong with a Maggie; I'm wearing the Vogue by Maggie. Happy planning!

orangetiggs
02-21-2009, 08:45 AM
i agree you cannot go wrong with maggie i had sahara!

Looking forward to more updates

Eeyore's Tailfinder
02-23-2009, 03:38 AM
It's really pretty in person! So sparkly :) I love Maggie :rotfl:

As for my dress appointment:

They wouldn't let me take photos! I did take my camera so I could sneak a few, but can you believe she never left the changing room?! It is annoying, as I was quite overwhelmed at the time, so I have no idea how I look in those dresses now! Otherwise, the store was lovely and we were there almost 2 hours. I tried on about 7 or 8 dresses.

According to the bridal store, this was new in and the heaviest dress they have in the shop:
http://www.maggiesottero.com/dress.a...&style=A3284CS
It's McCall by Maggie Sottero. OMG this dress did not suit me at all! I'm planning on wearing flats because DF and I are roughly the same height. You know when you're in the wedding shop and they put you on a 'box' so you can see the dress. Minute I stepped off onto the floor, I looked like a squat Oompa Loompa - I do not kid I tried it on in the colour on the website; it is so heavy, it's insane. Because I'm short and the bodice is quite long, it did not suit me at all, and I felt smothered by the skirt. Not for me!

Funnily enough, I'd chosen almost all Maggie dresses. I'd also chosen all ones in gold or silver, so I really wanted to try on a white dress to see how the colour looked on me, as I wasn't sure I wanted a coloured dress. I happened to grab this dress as the first one I saw:
http://www.maggiesottero.com/dress.a...&style=A3284CS
It's Ariana by Maggie Sottero. First off, I can't believe how different this dress looks on the website. I passed by it and had to double check the name, it looks so plain. TBH, I was going to say actually I didn't want to try it on because I didn't see the point. Once I put in on, the dress transformed - it pulled me in in all the right places and made me feel like I had an amazing figure! My mam and DF's mam loved it, said it was gorgeous. And to think I'd picked it for the colour! This is definitely in the maybe pile for the way it made me feel when I put it on - I NEVER thought a dress like this would make the maybe pile! I also had the shop's biggest underskirt on underneath, and this dress has a longish train. I can say this because I'm bigger than her but the model in the photo is way too thin for that dress. I wish I could buy this in black and wear it to a dinner or something!

But, I finally got to try on Victoriana:
http://www.maggiesottero.com/dress.aspx?style=J1082
It's a gorgeous dress I tried it on in the colour on the website, light gold. It truly does look like a princess dress and has quite a longish train. I was completely torn between this one and the 'slinky' dress but the assistant said my face lit up when I put this one on. I tried it on and I still love it! I'm still not sure about the gold though, I'm going to go to their other shop to try in on where they have it in the ivory. MIL said she was passing by earlier and said it's even more gorgeous in the ivory!

I can't find photos of the others I tried on - I'm not sure what their names are to be honest. One was similar to Victoriana, but a lot heavier and lacked that 'wow' factor. Another was a tulle number that made me feel like Dawn French in a Tutu :sad2:

So the next step is trying Victoriana on in Ivory... I think this could be the one :thumbsup2

torsie24
02-23-2009, 04:03 AM
How exciting you got to try on Maggie Dresses! I'd love to!! :)

And it's great you've found a few you like!

I hate when they don't leave you any time to admire them for yourself (take photos!)

tinks_1989
02-23-2009, 04:06 AM
I have been reading your PJ for a while and I love you enagement and all your plans you lucky thing tryin on maggies dress' cant wait for me

Eeyore's Tailfinder
02-23-2009, 05:06 AM
I know right?! They said it was 'copyright' or something and the designers don't like it if you take pics of their dresses?! Not sure if that was a line, but if you Google the dress there are tons of pics, and it's ok once you've bought the dress?! Hmmm......

Photos would help so much now, as I could compare the 2!

Leanne, I would go ahead and try some on!! I was going to wait, but I saw other 2010 brides try them on, like Stacey, so I went for it :) It was so strange seeing myself in a wedding dress!!

torsie24
02-23-2009, 06:31 AM
Ditto to start trying Leanne!!

I'm 2011 and am trying on like there's no tomorrow, and none fo the ladies in the shop blink an eyelids when I tell then its a 2011 wedding I'm preparing for!

I think they think it's going to be a huge lavish affair, lol!

Eeyore's Tailfinder
02-23-2009, 09:37 AM
Our Save the Dates!!

Finally! :laughing: After such a long time designing them, we've spent most of the weekend printing, cutting, folding, perforating.... they took us absolutely ages, but I really like them. I started designing them before Christmas, and it's only now that we're doing them - they take about 30mins to cut, and put together each so it's taking ages! I was planning on making little magnets to put in as well, but in the end, I just wanted to get them out! **Just a note, they are done on card and not paper

The 'envelopes' looked like this before cutting them out:
http://img510.imageshack.us/img510/3029/img5145.jpg

The STDs, pre-cutting. There are 5 parts to each STD: Save the Date, Wedding Events, Wedding Day, Contact Info, and Preliminary RSVP (so we can get an idea of who's coming)
http://img528.imageshack.us/img528/9419/img5146.jpg

DF busy cutting:
http://img27.imageshack.us/img27/5856/img5150z.jpg

Rounding all the edges:
http://img293.imageshack.us/img293/1262/img5148.jpg

Perforating the 'tearaway' lines:
http://img54.imageshack.us/img54/8223/img5149.jpg

After folding the envelope, and sticking a little crystal on the Monogram:
http://img14.imageshack.us/img14/1996/img5151.jpg

Stapling the STD cards together:
http://img5.imageshack.us/img5/4932/img5155.jpg

In its 'envelope':
http://img511.imageshack.us/img511/4954/img5152.jpg

The STD all finished:
http://img523.imageshack.us/img523/574/img5154.jpg

STD and holder:
http://img23.imageshack.us/img23/7253/img5153.jpg

Sorry, so many photos! I'm planning on putting these into a wedding album when I get one, make a record of the planning days!!

MegKate
02-23-2009, 09:48 AM
WOW!! How awesomely creative are you!!! I wish I had talent (and patience) to do something like that!!! :goodvibes

padisneyfour
02-23-2009, 10:03 AM
Very cool idea! They look wonderful!:goodvibes

Eeyore's Tailfinder
02-23-2009, 10:06 AM
Thank you! I still have half these left to do and I have no patience whatsoever :laughing: They took forever!

princess22
02-23-2009, 10:10 AM
Just wanted to join in and say hi! You two make a cute couple. I agree with a pp who mentioned you look like Miley Cyrus, I see it!

I love your STDs! They are so cute. I wish I was half as creative as you!

Eeyore's Tailfinder
02-23-2009, 10:26 AM
Aww thank you :)

If only I looked half as good as Miley!!

Mrsdisneyb2b
02-23-2009, 10:31 AM
maggie is amazing, I love her dresses!!!
AND YAY for the STD's you must be so ecited to get things done!

Pooh's-Honey-Pot
02-23-2009, 11:02 AM
It's been a bit of a tough week, since my granddad died last Thursday and yesterday was his funeral. Patty, you may remember me saying on our Cruise thread that my granddad had died in March, so I've lost 2 within the space of 8 months. This year has had some both good and bad stuff happen. I admit, thinking about the wedding has taken my mind off things a bit so it was lucky I had something to keep me busy.

Onto happier things, I haven't had a look at any dresses yet - well in stores anyway! I need to exercise/diet/lose weight!! I do love Maggie Sottero dresses - like the Capri Royale. I'm not sure whether to go for pick-ups or a princessy-style chiffon skirt - I like both styles!

I'm a bit late to the party but found you at last!!

First off so sorry about your grandad - I lost both my grandparents within 4 months of each other. Its very hard to get used to, even after two years :hug:

I had a Maggie Sottero as well - they are the most stunning dresses without a doubt! Hope you find one you like! :thumbsup2

Did any UK Brides not have an UK Reception afterwards?

How about planning sessions? I would LOVE to go on a PS session, in fact, it was one of the things that I thought was cool about a WDW Wedding. But now I'm thinking that cash could go towards our wedding. Did any UK Brides not have a planning session?

We had a reception, but we kept is cheapish (as cheap as you can when feeding 100 people!) as the people we really wanted came to the actual wedding. We had a photographer to get pictures of us with all our guests, did a carvery which worked out the cheapest sort of meal, and did one of those wedding cakes made from individual muffins which went down really well. Throw in a disco and we had a great night, but one that didn't break the bank! We weren't actually going to have a reception in the UK - my mum made us - but after I was pleased (and it was nice to get a chance to wear the dress again!!).

We didn't have a planning session though - I found was nothing that couldn't be done online or via email.

Our Save the Dates!!

!!

These are unbelievable! you are so talented!!!

torsie24
02-23-2009, 11:28 AM
OMG Hayley!!!

They are amazing!!!!

Waaaaah, I wish I was an ounce as creative as you!!!!!!

Chilly
02-23-2009, 01:38 PM
I'm glad you had fun trying dresses on.

Your save the dates are brilliant! Do you think you could e-mail me the castle logo? I'll send you a PM.

Eeyore's Tailfinder
02-23-2009, 03:43 PM
I'd really like to have a reception, but it all depends on money - doesn't everything?! - and I'd like to keep costs as low as possible. Have a BBQ or something like that! Disney is definitely more important to us at the moment, I'm just afraid I'll regret not having a big reception and dancing with my friends.

I'm glad you all like the STDs! Hope they'll go down as well with my guests!

MrsTigger
02-23-2009, 03:45 PM
Wow your STD's look fab Hayley!

Mrsdisneyb2b
02-23-2009, 06:51 PM
By the way, All i have to say is OMG i love your STD's they are just amazing!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!

Eeyore's Tailfinder
02-24-2009, 03:59 AM
Thank you :) I'm happy with how the turned out after the work that went into them...

I hope my guests will realise they're airline tickets and not raffle tickets, like FFIL thought the black and white sample looked like :rolleyes:

torsie24
02-24-2009, 05:22 AM
Thank you :) I'm happy with how the turned out after the work that went into them...

I hope my guests will realise they're airline tickets and not raffle tickets, like FFIL thought the black and white sample looked like :rolleyes:
Haha, of course they will!

They look better than airline tickets!!

almostrockstar13
02-24-2009, 06:57 AM
wow those save the dates are amazing! I wish I could make something as good as those instead I'm stuck buying mine

Eeyore's Tailfinder
02-24-2009, 08:19 AM
It's honestly not that hard, just time consuming!!! :laughing:

camara381
02-24-2009, 10:00 AM
WOW!!!! The STD's are nothing short of spectacular!!!!! You did such a great job!!!!

MainStMandy
02-24-2009, 07:20 PM
OMG the STD are just beautiful! It shows how much work you put into them.

DisneyLaura
02-25-2009, 09:04 AM
Hi Haley - I followed your link to your PJ from Punkin's TR. I have been married for 12 years now and I love reading weddings and all the plans, especially because they are Disney ones too. Your story about your engagement is so cute. Two thumps up to your DF :thumbsup2 :thumbsup2 . Can you email me the save the date template? I am planning on doing a vow renewal at Disney and I just love how your's came out. I like to plan ahead, it's for my 25th, LOL. I have read many PJ on here and have collected some ideas from various brides. I will PM you my email address. Thanks in advance.

Laura

Pooh's-Honey-Pot
02-25-2009, 01:45 PM
It's honestly not that hard, just time consuming!!!

If anyone wants the template to the STDs and envelope, I'd be happy to e-mail it :)

I need to renew my vows or something, just so I have reason to use them!!! Is 3 years too soon to do that?!:rotfl2:

Eeyore's Tailfinder
02-25-2009, 03:02 PM
No excuse needed for another Disney Wedding :laughing: You could have a 5 year renewal! :teeth:

We've given them to my parents, my aunt, DF's parents and FBIL so far. We plan on posting the rest tomorrow! Hopefully it will give us some indication of who's coming.

For some reason, I've written down in my notes that aisle runner rental from Disney would be $254 (inc tax) - no idea if this is right or where I got it from! However, I've seen a nice one on Ebay for 24 including delivery! Much better than $254! It's 3ft wide and 100ft long! So need to find out the dimensions of the Wedding Pavilion aisle somehow!

Ebay's good for a lot of things! When I went to try the dresses on, they put a veil and tiara on my head - the tiara was 60 and the veil was 150. No way am I getting a $300 veil :laughing: Not sure I'm getting a tiara yet, but there are some nice ones on Ebay for 20, veils for 10-20 and a crinoline that looks just like the huge one I tried on for 20-25. Bargain! I think Ebay is the way forward :teeth:

torsie24
02-25-2009, 03:21 PM
I am addicted to ebay lately!!

Got all my lolly stuff on there, and also ordered my 2009 passporter on there today, as ive been waiting over a week for another company to send it to find out today they wont be sending it at all!!

mimi'sgirl
02-25-2009, 07:07 PM
Hi Hayley- Enjoyed reading your food reports so came over to see how the wedding planning was going. Congrats and happy planning. Your save the dates are great. The best idea I have ever seen. The dresses are beautiful. I did want to tell you that my DH and I got married in the caribbean and my only regret was that we did not have a party to celebrate with family and friends when we returned. It was because we could not financially do it but I wish I would have had a bbq or just a small cocktail party. Hope you don't mind me saying so. Enjoy - it is such an exciting time in Els' and your life.

Eeyore's Tailfinder
02-26-2009, 03:51 AM
:teeth: Me too Torsie! I haven't been for ages, until I started wedding planning! I wish that we could order easily off US websites! Stuff over there is sooo cheap but either they don't deliver outside of the US or delivery is ridiculously expensive!

Mimi, thanks for coming over here! I'm glad you like my food reports and STDs :teeth: I don't mind you saying that at all! I'm glad to have people's opinions on getting a party back at home. I would like a BBQ and a DJ or something like that. Quite casual, but have it at a hotel so I can still wear my dress. It's just lack of places around here :laughing: We'll sure try and fit it in the budget!!

Eeyore's Tailfinder
02-27-2009, 09:48 AM
I'm happy today!!

FILs came over to our house last night, and we knew that FIL had been expecting a big back pay from his work. Well, it turns out it was quite a substantial sum, and much more than anyone thought it would be. So... they are being v.v.generous and offered to pay for our At-Home Reception we weren't going to have as it was too expensive!!! We're going to have 2 receptions! Plus, they are also helping FBIL and his GF get to Florida as he doesn't have a saving bone in his body, and as they want both the kids to get the same amount, they are giving us the equivalent of that much to pay for most of our honeymoon!!! Argh!! I have to say this is a huge weight of our shoulders and it is looking very likely that we will definitely have the Coach now!!!

I'm not sure if my parents are contributing really, but I don't want to ask them, I think it's something they should offer if they want to. Not that they don't want to either, it's just I know they can't really afford to come to Florida and contribute huge amounts to our wedding. I'd just rather have them in Florida than anything - we're booking the Wilderness Lodge, going with Virgin, Disney tickets, staying on I Drive, etc... so I feel I'm making them spend enough as it is already!! I know they would give if they could :)

torsie24
02-27-2009, 10:40 AM
EEEE!!! That's great news Hayley!!! :)

I understand what you mean about your folks. That the way we feel about Jacks family. Them paying to come is all the contribution we expect from them too. :)

Eeyore's Tailfinder
02-27-2009, 10:51 AM
I know, I'm really excited!

I just got off the phone with my mum and she said, well we want to contribute too :laughing: So this is definitely more than we expected to have from anyone! I'd love it if they helped me out with my dress, but I don't mind as long as they come and do everything with us. We're saving a lot too, so I really hope we get everything we want now!!

We have great parents!! And what makes it even better, is that they've become really good friends with each other, so we often go out all 8 of us (inc. FBIL and GF) for meals :)

torsie24
02-27-2009, 10:58 AM
I know, I'm really excited!

I just got off the phone with my mum and she said, well we want to contribute too :laughing: So this is definitely more than we expected to have from anyone! I'd love it if they helped me out with my dress, but I don't mind as long as they come and do everything with us. We're saving a lot too, so I really hope we get everything we want now!!

We have great parents!! And what makes it even better, is that they've become really good friends with each other, so we often go out all 8 of us (inc. FBIL and GF) for meals :)
Awww, thats lovely!!

Lucky you today!!! I think we're going to have to pay for my dress, BM dresses, suits and the Roots.

Sadly that comes to quite a lot so the Honeymoon might have to be a delayed one...:(

pink_tink8i8
02-27-2009, 03:20 PM
your STDs are amazing! love your dress :lovestruc

DisneyLaura
02-28-2009, 12:07 PM
Hayley - that's great news that both sets are going to help. I know me and DH wouldn't have had the wedding we did if it weren't for our parents. I also wanted to know if you got my pm about the template for the save the dates. I sent you my email, let me know if you need it again because that's something I definately want to use for our VR.

Eeyore's Tailfinder
03-02-2009, 05:34 AM
Hi Laura, I did get your PM! I sent the STDs, but must not have arrived... hmm, I'll try again!

I love the dress! I definitely want to try it on in ivory!

I had a long chat with my parents over the weekend, and they want to contribute a lot more than I was expecting! They just want me to have a wonderful wedding, I'm their only daughter :teeth: Honestly, anything is a help, so I'm just so grateful - every little helps ;)

You're getting The Roots?! I'm so jealous! I'm not sure they'll fit into our budget yet :)

torsie24
03-02-2009, 05:38 AM
You're getting The Roots?! I'm so jealous! I'm not sure they'll fit into our budget yet :)

They don't really fit into ours but I can't afford not to have them - they are so amazing!!

gemmybear83
03-02-2009, 06:53 AM
How have I missed your save the dates - there amazing, I am also currently drooling over your food trip reports!

KristinAnne
03-02-2009, 09:22 AM
I came over from your food reviews. I commented on your STDs over there, but they are just great! You are so creative and talented! It is so nice of your parents and fils. Glad things are falling into place nicely for you.

Raecheal
03-08-2009, 07:13 PM
Our Save the Dates!!

Finally! :laughing: After such a long time designing them, we've spent most of the weekend printing, cutting, folding, perforating.... they took us absolutely ages, but I really like them. I started designing them before Christmas, and it's only now that we're doing them - they take about 30mins to cut, and put together each so it's taking ages! I was planning on making little magnets to put in as well, but in the end, I just wanted to get them out! **Just a note, they are done on card and not paper

The 'envelopes' looked like this before cutting them out:
http://img510.imageshack.us/img510/3029/img5145.jpg

The STDs, pre-cutting. There are 5 parts to each STD: Save the Date, Wedding Events, Wedding Day, Contact Info, and Preliminary RSVP (so we can get an idea of who's coming)
http://img528.imageshack.us/img528/9419/img5146.jpg

DF busy cutting:
http://img27.imageshack.us/img27/5856/img5150z.jpg

Rounding all the edges:
http://img293.imageshack.us/img293/1262/img5148.jpg

Perforating the 'tearaway' lines:
http://img54.imageshack.us/img54/8223/img5149.jpg

After folding the envelope, and sticking a little crystal on the Monogram:
http://img14.imageshack.us/img14/1996/img5151.jpg

Stapling the STD cards together:
http://img5.imageshack.us/img5/4932/img5155.jpg

In its 'envelope':
http://img511.imageshack.us/img511/4954/img5152.jpg

The STD all finished:
http://img523.imageshack.us/img523/574/img5154.jpg

STD and holder:
http://img23.imageshack.us/img23/7253/img5153.jpg

Sorry, so many photos! I'm planning on putting these into a wedding album when I get one, make a record of the planning days!!

I LOVE THEM...you did such an amazing job on your save the dates. I'm so expressed. I love reading your planning journal so far.. i can't to read more.

It's good to hear that some family members are contributing.

popcorn::

Eeyore's Tailfinder
03-09-2009, 08:13 AM
Thank You :)

At Home Reception
OK, small update on the at home reception. It's been booked for Saturday, September 11th 2010 :)

Chilly
03-09-2009, 08:28 AM
I know the feeling! We weren't sure about having an at home reception but DFs Mum assumed we were and that we were having it by them (They live in Essex, we live in Reading, and my parents live in the North West). We picked a place at the weekend and they have offered us some money which will pay for most of it but as about half the guests are likely to be there friends I kind of think its only right as we wouldn't have been able to afford it otherwise.

My parents are contributing to the Disney Wedding as well but we are still paying for most of it ourselves.

You are very lucky to be having the coach, I want it but DF says it is too expensive :sad1:

Eeyore's Tailfinder
03-09-2009, 09:35 AM
I'm glad someone knows the feeling! We were the same, not really sure about it, since we wanted any extra money to go to our Disney Wedding/Honeymoon. DF thinks we'd look really ungrateful if we said now we didn't want one, but I can just see it being hassle and stress, which I didn't really want. But also, if they really want to contribute and help decide, I'd rather them do that with an at-home reception than our disney wedding!!

I'm the same with the disney wedding as well, we are paying most of it, but my parents are contributing some and paying for my dress I think :)

DF thinks exactly the same about the coach, that it's too expensive. Not sure how I changed his mind. I showed him STVS's DVD with the coach on so he saw how much it meant to me, and I've been trying frantically to budget to show him we can fit it in. Our 2010 minimum is 12K though, so I think it helps that we need to meet that.

Chilly
03-09-2009, 09:51 AM
I'm glad someone knows the feeling! We were the same, not really sure about it, since we wanted any extra money to go to our Disney Wedding/Honeymoon. DF thinks we'd look really ungrateful if we said now we didn't want one, but I can just see it being hassle and stress, which I didn't really want. But also, if they really want to contribute and help decide, I'd rather them do that with an at-home reception than our disney wedding!!

I'm the same with the disney wedding as well, we are paying most of it, but my parents are contributing some and paying for my dress I think :)

DF thinks exactly the same about the coach, that it's too expensive. Not sure how I changed his mind. I showed him STVS's DVD with the coach on so he saw how much it meant to be, and I've been trying frantically to budget to show him we can't fit it in. Our 2010 minimum is 12K though, so I think it helps that we need to meet that.

Think of the at home party as an extra chance to wear your wedding dress, thats the only reason I'm doing it!

Oh good idea, I'll show DF Stan's DVD of the coach.

Eeyore's Tailfinder
03-09-2009, 09:53 AM
Same here :laughing: Getting to wear my dress twice!!

I think DF just knows how much I want it, when I see it my face lights up and I can just imagine myself in it. It is a lot of money, true, but I don't plan on getting married again and being Cindy for the day!!

Chilly
03-09-2009, 09:58 AM
Same here :laughing: Getting to wear my dress twice!!

I think DF just knows how much I want it, when I see it my face lights up and I can just imagine myself in it. It is a lot of money, true, but I don't plan on getting married again and being Cindy for the day!!

It's something that I'll remember for ever so I'll just have to work on him, he has never said no to something i've really wanted before.

Eeyore's Tailfinder
03-09-2009, 10:02 AM
If you really want it, I think you should go for it :)

When we thought we couldn't afford it, and I also said I couldn't justify it, we took it out, but I couldn't stop thinking about it and it made me want in even more - and what if I saw it waiting for another bride on my wedding day?!! So, it's back in!!

Chilly
03-09-2009, 10:29 AM
If you really want it, I think you should go for it :)

When we thought we couldn't afford it, and I also said I couldn't justify it, we took it out, but I couldn't stop thinking about it and it made me want in even more - and what if I saw it waiting for another bride on my wedding day?!! So, it's back in!!

I'll do my best.

Eeyore's Tailfinder
03-12-2009, 11:38 AM
Okay at-home reception, I'm feeling a little better about this now, since we've been given the go ahead to decorate as we want. Weddings around here are totally cookie-cutter... and I want something really different.

Our wedding in Disney is going to be really elegant in a fairytales and flipflops way, so I want something a little different for our at-home reception.

Our venue is right by the sea, so this is where the beach theme came up first, but I don't want to do the whole seashells thing. I love the seaside, rather than the beach, the fair, the candy floss and seafood, rock, etc... and we always used to go to Blackpool when I was a child, or Rhyl for the day. I absolutely love Blackpool Pleasure Beach and find the old photos of when it first opened really interesting (1890s-1900s) so thus came the idea of a Victorian/Turn-of-the-Century Seaside theme :laughing:

Colours for this theme would be Candy Pink, Candy/Mint Green, and White. These colours would also go with the chocolate brown of our disney wedding, in case we need to double up on items. So tables would be be white tablecloth with candy pink overlay, and white tablecloth with mint green overlay - alternating.

I think we'll have 10 tables, so for centrepieces, I'm thinking we could have jars/vases filled with 2x Gumball, 2x Popcorn, 2x Rock, 2x Candy Floss, and 2xToffee Apples. These jars would then either be topped with pink or green carnations (different colour to the tablecloth). Chair covers would be white, with pink/green sash.

For placecards, I've seen these little white deckchairs that I love, and the placecards would be old ride tickets (sunsh1ne is my inspiration here!). For tablenames, we could name them after the old rides at Blackpool Pleasure Beach, most of which are still there: E.g. Big Dipper, Velvet Coaster, River Caves, Grand National, Ferris Wheel... the top table would have to be Noah's Ark, my fave ride :teeth:

Hopefully I can convince our venue to make me a seaside inspired buffet menu - we weren't going full on buffet anyway, just a finger buffet. Hopefully we can get them to make mini battered fish in newspaper cones, which isn't on the menu. Then, chips with salt and vinegar; mussels; mini hot dogs with fried onions (not on the menu); 'picnic' sandwiches; and a couple other bits.

For our favours, I was thinking we'd have a candy buffet - we could even move the centrepieces there :laughing: Along with things like lollipops, bon bons, marshmallows, etc... I've also seen somewhere that does personalised sticks of rock :laughing:

An idea I've had for the guestbook is to make up a photobook on Snapfish or somewhere like that, of photos of us as kids at the seaside, or the fair.

Now bear in mind that I have no idea how to do an inspiration board, I just stuck loads of photos together in Photoshop:
http://img17.imageshack.us/img17/2445/inspboard.jpg

I can see me going way overboard with this theme! I would love to get a photobooth, etc.. but I think that would be going way out of our budget!!

Anyone have any other 'Victorian Seaside' ideas?!

MainStMandy
03-12-2009, 12:59 PM
OMG I love it!!! Love the colors :)

gemmybear83
03-12-2009, 01:47 PM
I love your at home recpetion ideas :goodvibes :goodvibes

torsie24
03-12-2009, 01:48 PM
love the colour theme!!! a very taseful choice! ;) :lmao:

Eeyore's Tailfinder
03-13-2009, 05:10 AM
:laughing: I'm really excited, I love the funfair!

What could I do to make it a bit more Victorian-y?!

I've tracked down all these old photos of the rides at Blackpool, with the Victorians queuing up to ride them.... so for the table names they're going to have 'River Caves' for example, and a B&W photo of that ride underneath.

I've found the perfect font for menus and that :)

Then I'm stuck! I need help!!

PalmBeachPrincess
03-17-2009, 02:30 PM
wow! Your save the dates are amazing! Is there anyway you could post a step by step how to for other brides who might want to attempt something similar?

pink_tink8i8
03-17-2009, 06:44 PM
cool inspiration board. You did better with photoshop than I ever could hehehe

Eeyore's Tailfinder
03-18-2009, 05:35 AM
If you have a look on Page 5 (http://www.disboards.com/showthread.php?t=2007683&page=5), there is some sort of step-by-step there :teeth:

Thanks Sabrina! Not sure if there is a technique or what, I just stuck loads of photos on top of each other :laughing:

Bolanette87
03-21-2009, 06:29 PM
I just came over and read your whole PJ! I love all your ideas and your proposal was sooooooooooooo sweet!! :goodvibes Looking forward to reading more!

Bob xoxoxox

MegKate
03-21-2009, 07:58 PM
How about if you make table cards with pictures from that era like this

http://knowledgerush.com/wiki_image/3/34/BathingMachineGals.jpg

I completely love the idea!! Also I would look at adding touches of shabby chic like this

http://farm3.static.flickr.com/2025/2190554143_123b5d5607.jpg

Chilly
03-23-2009, 09:32 AM
Loving all your ideas.

Cinderella16
03-23-2009, 10:39 PM
Ooo, I must say I love your at home reception theme, although I am biased as I am having a Victorian theme as well... Victorian Fairy Tale instead of Seaside, but hey it is still Victorian. I like how you think...you have very good taste! :goodvibes

Enjoy the planning, it goes so fast! :hug:

Mrsdisneyb2b
03-24-2009, 08:54 AM
You can totally do the whole victorian seaside thing! You can pick an era like 1950s and always do tables with pictures from that era.... The centerpieces can be glass vases with saltwater taffy, sea glass is always elegant as well... let me look around maybe I can find some pictures for u

Mrsdisneyb2b
03-24-2009, 08:55 AM
how about if you make table cards with pictures from that era like this

http://knowledgerush.com/wiki_image/3/34/bathingmachinegals.jpg

i completely love the idea!! Also i would look at adding touches of shabby chic like this

http://farm3.static.flickr.com/2025/2190554143_123b5d5607.jpg

yesss definitely!!

Mrsdisneyb2b
03-24-2009, 08:57 AM
http://www.seashoretaffy.com/products.asp?dept=52

You can make your monogram look like the logo for this site...

Mrsdisneyb2b
03-24-2009, 09:01 AM
Or, if you want to add like the nostalgic ice cream parlor effect as well
http://dollarstorecrafts.com/wp-content/uploads/2009/02/vday-big.jpg

the favor
https://weddingfrills.ishopserver.com/Photos/com.austinmichael.commerce.Item/Large/18148-1208792753831.jpg

Mrsdisneyb2b
03-24-2009, 09:06 AM
You could also have each table something different...

ex- Funnel cake table, where every one gets a funnel cake, candy apple table, salt water taffy table, large lollypop table....trying to think of boardwalk fun lol

Eeyore's Tailfinder
03-24-2009, 12:04 PM
I LOVE LOVE LOVE all of your ideas! They are fantastic, I've saved a few in my folder!

Please keep them coming, I am here I promise :) Just a bit snowed under at work until Sunday, I'm sneaking on :teeth:

Mrsdisneyb2b
03-24-2009, 12:25 PM
I LOVE LOVE LOVE all of your ideas! They are fantastic, I've saved a few in my folder!

Please keep them coming, I am here I promise :) Just a bit snowed under at work until Sunday, I'm sneaking on :teeth:

Im going to search more when i get home promise!

Eeyore's Tailfinder
04-02-2009, 04:45 AM
Woohoo! I'm in a good mood :teeth:

I've finished all my teaching now for this academic year, bar a couple of unofficial revision tutorials I'm going to give! Plus, this past weekend was the Mooting Competition I was working on - it was taking over my life, logistical nightmare having to accommodate, feed, transport, etc.... 70 people for 3 days AND give up my weekend for free :(

But it's over! The sun is out here and it's a really nice day, so hope it stays that way! Me and DF are off to Blackpool on Monday until Thursday, so I really have been AWOL from my PJ!! Can't wait for a break though!

Eeyore's Tailfinder
04-02-2009, 05:12 AM
Woohoo! I'm in a good mood :teeth:

I've finished all my teaching now for this academic year, bar a couple of unofficial revision tutorials I'm going to give! Plus, this past weekend was the Mooting Competition I was working on - it was taking over my life, logistical nightmare having to accommodate, feed, transport, etc.... 70 people for 3 days AND give up my weekend for free :(

But it's over! The sun is out here and it's a really nice day, so hope it stays that way! Me and DF are off to Blackpool on Monday until Thursday, so I really have been AWOL from my PJ!! Can't wait for a break though!:upsidedow

Eeyore's Tailfinder
04-27-2009, 06:21 AM
I'm back again! Seems like I'm really bad at keeping up with this PJ! It's hard when it seems so far off and we haven't booked anything yet, so it doesn't seem 'real'. Everyone seems miles ahead of me!!

I do have an excuse though, I've been to Luxembourg with work!!

I did do a bit of shopping a couple of weeks ago and bought some white sparkly flip-flops from Primark for 1 (I'll either wear them at the reception or just on holiday) and some mini-fans to put in my welcome bags! I wanted some bags & towels quite cheap, but I'll have to keep on looking!!

torsie24
04-27-2009, 06:26 AM
Oooh, how was Luxembourg?

Eeyore's Tailfinder
04-27-2009, 08:47 AM
The short story is: expensive!! I wasn't expecting it to be as expensive as Rome, but it was! 3 for a bottle of coke in some places, and 7.50 the norm for alcoholic drinks! Plus I didn't think there was much to do there TBH, I went with work, so went to the Court of Justice, but wouldn't really recommend for a break!

I just saw you got your consultant!! EXCITING!!! :teeth: Any more plans?!!

Eeyore's Tailfinder
04-27-2009, 10:02 AM
Urgh!! Why are people so annoying about sending back RSVPs?!

Our RSVP date is April 30th, and most of ours haven't been sent back yet. A few people have said oh yeah we're coming, but what's the big deal about sending it back? Especially since we included a SAE, which is what is bugging me most since we paid a lot for stamps.

I understand some might not be able to make a decision about going to Florida now, which is why we included an 'Unsure at this point' box, as well as yes and no. One couple is even planning their own wedding at the moment, so I thought they'd get it back early as they'd understand the stress involved with planning a wedding and budgeting!

I've just sent a little friendly reminder on Facebook to all asking them please to return them since 'our planner wants the rough numbers in by next week'.

Grrrr

Chilly
04-28-2009, 04:16 PM
Wouldn't weddings be simplier without guests :rolleyes:

gemmybear83
04-28-2009, 04:27 PM
Urgh!! Why are people so annoying about sending back RSVPs?!

Our RSVP date is April 30th, and most of ours haven't been sent back yet. A few people have said oh yeah we're coming, but what's the big deal about sending it back? Especially since we included a SAE, which is what is bugging me most since we paid a lot for stamps.

I understand some might not be able to make a decision about going to Florida now, which is why we included an 'Unsure at this point' box, as well as yes and no. One couple is even planning their own wedding at the moment, so I thought they'd get it back early as they'd understand the stress involved with planning a wedding and budgeting!

I've just sent a little friendly reminder on Facebook to all asking them please to return them since 'our planner wants the rough numbers in by next week'.

Grrrr

Totally understand your frustrations - I think sometimes people dont get how much time it takes to do these things!

Eeyore's Tailfinder
05-05-2009, 10:58 AM
So much simpler without guests!! :laughing:

It's now 5th May and a lot of them still haven't got back to us, even after I sent a reminder... I know our wedding is still a long way off, but because it's a destination wedding it's important to us to know how much are coming so we can pick our locations, etc.. based on minimums, as well as deciding for how long we can honeymoon and what we can do, etc.. etc..

Hopefully we'll get a better response to the actual invitations, I'll send them out around 8-10 months before the Big Day.

Why am I so rubbish at updating my PJ?! Planning in general to be honest. I'm definitely a planner, over-organise everything. I think it's because we can't book until 12 months out so I feel like I can't do anything at the moment :( I don't want to book Misty & Stan until our date is set, I want to lose some more lbs before I order my dress, I can't book our accommodation as I'm waiting for the discount (would love free DDP but we'll get APs with the wedding).... ARGH! I won't get anywhere at this rate!!

tinkandonaldfans
05-06-2009, 01:58 PM
AND YAY for the STD's you must be so ecited to get things done![/QUOTE]

just been reading your planning journal(super jealous by the way) and thought it was funny how everyone loves your STD's! Of course we DISers know what you mean but the average jo may find it strange that anyone would be excited by an STD!:rotfl:

torsie24
05-06-2009, 04:08 PM
I haven't heard a thing from 90% of our invitees!

I think it's SO rude!!!!

Urgh - I'm going to have to stop typing now or a few choice words will be typed!!

Eeyore's Tailfinder
05-07-2009, 06:50 AM
AND YAY for the STD's you must be so ecited to get things done!

just been reading your planning journal(super jealous by the way) and thought it was funny how everyone loves your STD's! Of course we DISers know what you mean but the average jo may find it strange that anyone would be excited by an STD!:rotfl:

:rotfl: When I first mentioned them to my DF he did have such a funny look on his face!

I haven't heard a thing from 90% of our invitees!

I think it's SO rude!!!!

Urgh - I'm going to have to stop typing now or a few choice words will be typed!!

Lol Torsie!! It is very rude! I mean, come on, how hard is it to let you know if they intend on coming or not. We've had a couple back since then, but still missing around 40% of them! Grrrr

Bolanette87
05-07-2009, 07:15 AM
Hayley, did you see the feature in (I think) Perfect wedding a couple of months back?? It was all about the seaside and made me think of your at home reception! If you didn't, I could find out the issue and scan the relevant pages for you??

Bob xoxoxoxo

Chilly
05-07-2009, 04:56 PM
keep plugging away at them.

kellyb.80
05-18-2009, 02:30 PM
Hi

I have just been reading your thread. I love reading all these threads.

Ive recently found this chat room and I think its brilliant. I am a hopeful bride for next October 2010.

I noticed that you have your STD's. Have they already confirmed the date with you. I thought you wont get confirmation until 8 months before.

I have rung Disney Weddings today and they took my date down and information and said someone will ring me within 3 days.

The only think I am worried about is that I have priced my villas up for all the people that are coming and we was going to book them today, but because I wont speak to anyone yet I am concerned I will book the villa and then Disney come back and say they cant do any of the two weeks we are there. Also apparently there are not a lot of the villas we want left.

I am hoping for an escaped wedding, with dinner somewhere not decided yet and then a Desset party.

I am so confused with all these different options. Its mad.

Could you let me know if you have had your date confirmed or if the 12 August 2010 is the date you are hoping for.

Thanks

Chilly
05-18-2009, 03:46 PM
Hi

I have just been reading your thread. I love reading all these threads.

Ive recently found this chat room and I think its brilliant. I am a hopeful bride for next October 2010.

I noticed that you have your STD's. Have they already confirmed the date with you. I thought you wont get confirmation until 8 months before.

I have rung Disney Weddings today and they took my date down and information and said someone will ring me within 3 days.

The only think I am worried about is that I have priced my villas up for all the people that are coming and we was going to book them today, but because I wont speak to anyone yet I am concerned I will book the villa and then Disney come back and say they cant do any of the two weeks we are there. Also apparently there are not a lot of the villas we want left.

I am hoping for an escaped wedding, with dinner somewhere not decided yet and then a Desset party.

I am so confused with all these different options. Its mad.

Could you let me know if you have had your date confirmed or if the 12 August 2010 is the date you are hoping for.

Thanks

For an escape wedding you cannot book until 8 months before. As long as you are open to locations/times/dates you won't have any problem booking somewhere. (It is best to ask questions on the main board rather than in peoples PJs.)

Cinderella16
05-18-2009, 05:16 PM
I am sorry about your RsVPS..I can completely relate...people have 1 week to send ours in, after next Monday, the harrassing phone calls will begin! :lmao:

kellyb.80
05-18-2009, 05:57 PM
For an escape wedding you cannot book until 8 months before. As long as you are open to locations/times/dates you won't have any problem booking somewhere. (It is best to ask questions on the main board rather than in peoples PJs.)
Okay thanks. Still trying to figure all this out. So many different threads.

Eeyore's Tailfinder
05-19-2009, 02:58 PM
Hi Kelly, It's just the date I'm hoping for... I don't think you'll have a problem with not getting dates in the whole 2 weeks that you're there - it's usually just really popular dates. Remember you also have a range of times and locations each day :)

Around 90% of brides I have seen here get their exact time, date and location. The other 10% have just gotten a different time that day, or maybe held the wedding a day either side of their original date. Usually these are on popular weekends.

Hope this helps, happy planning :)

Eeyore's Tailfinder
05-22-2009, 06:03 PM
MAJOR UPDATE!! WE'RE GOING TO FLORIDA NEXT MONTH!! :cool1:

Okay, so we weren't planning on going on holiday at all this year what with saving for the wedding and all. My mam said go for it, you never know what's around the corner - I love my Mam :hug: They're also paying for most of the Disney bit I think...

I digress... we were trying to find somewhere cheap to go for a quick week - Spain/Greece, but you also know how the Euro is now so spends wouldn't be cheap! I was on exam duty earlier this week when DF came rushing in all excited saying he had found a great deal on some flights to Orlando for June. Cut a long story short, we booked at the start of the week! We fly June 14 for 10 nights coming back on June 24.

After a helpful recommendation from Wayne (Stacey's DF) and re-reading Stace's PJ, we booked the Days Inn I Drive for 10 Nights. I've also booked Universal & IOA tickets for 7 days. We're hoping to do 1 Day MK, but it's so expensive just for the day, I never realised how much as we always get the 21 Day Ultimate, so it's a good price for 21 Days - not so much for a short stay. Hopefully we'll have the funds to do just a day, if not, never mind - we have next year!! :bride:

I'm also arranging a Site Visit with our consultant Diane - she is the best :hug: I'm so excited for this, and I can't wait, might make it seem real! Once I know the date, we're hoping to book Kona for breakfast, and have Earl of Sandwich for lunch at DTD... I can't wait until my wedding for the Earl!!

Eeeeeeeeeeeeekkkkkkkkk :woohoo:

Chilly
05-23-2009, 04:05 PM
You lucky devil going next month, have a fab time!

Eeyore's Tailfinder
05-28-2009, 07:12 AM
I so can't wait!!

Waiting to hear back from Diane about our site visit.

What type of questions should I ask at this stage?!

Mrsdisneyb2b
05-28-2009, 08:24 AM
I so can't wait!!

Waiting to hear back from Diane about our site visit.

What type of questions should I ask at this stage?!

For the site visit (If you havnt chosen your venue) I asked the following (So sad I still have these things)

What is the max of each place I am interested in
What cakes are available
Transportation
Flower options
decoration options
menu options in each place
Dessert party information
Ask to see dessert party locations

Ask about the three hotels your guests would stay in, they may take you there (we went)
Prices approx
is there a limit?
Carving stations to fill space

If I remmeber anything else let me know
I also asked about set up charges because we were doing a tea theme with a tea pot as the centerpiece

Eeyore's Tailfinder
05-28-2009, 08:57 AM
Thanks so much, that's really helpful!!

How many venues did you get to go see?! :)

polynesianbride
05-29-2009, 08:56 PM
I just wanted to say I love the theme you picked for your at home reception! It will definately be unique and a ton of fun! I think your guests will love it!!!!

Sooo exciting that you are going to do a site visit!!!! Can't wait to read all about it- take lots of pics for us!

Eeyore's Tailfinder
06-02-2009, 06:17 PM
At Home Reception

Thank You!! I will definitely take lots of photos, I'm so excited to be going and actually meeting with our consultant, etc!! I love our at-home theme, but I'm sooo indecisive! I just love themes, and I'm finding it hard to choose one! We have a while to go though, so I'll think it through! I'm a massive rugby fan and I also wanted to name the tables after my 'dream team' :laughing: I love the Victorian Seaside one though, and it's so unique... Hmm!!

Weight Loss!

Like Torsie, I've also joined Weight Watchers! I joined 3 weeks ago, and in the past 2 weeks I've lost 5lbs so far, which isn't too bad. Next weigh in is tomorrow, and I'm not looking forward! I find keeping off chocolate, crisps, etc. easy. What's not so easy are soft drinks - I love Lucozade and proper Coke so I would love an ice cold one right now! I'm also dreading going back on the scales after coming back from our site visit - I don't want to put all the weight I've worked hard in losing back on in one fell swoop!

I was a size 8 (UK) when I started going out with DF at 18, now I'm a size 14, pushing 16 in some shops and I'm just not happy. I would absolutely love to see 10stone again, and my goal weight at the moment is 10st10lbs - cross fingers!

PJ Blues!

Is anyone else finding it hard to keep up with their PJ?! Just me then! I think it's because nothing is happening at the moment wedding planning wise - that and the fact that I'm supposed to be working on my PhD :laughing: I think I comment on other people's journals more than myself, hopefully come August, I'll have plenty of updates when we secure our date.

Honeymoon Plans

End of the month - we hope to book a portion of our Honeymoon! DCL CRUISE!! We were going to hold off booking this as we weren't sure if we were going for 2 weeks or 3 weeks due to cash, but you only get 1 honeymoon and we want to do it properly! We're planning (or rather I'm planning!) to book the August 22, 2010 4 Night Cruise on the Wonder - Cabin 7120, which thankfully is still available up to now. This is 'our' cabin, the one we stayed in last summer, so we thought it would be nice! It has a full verandah and will be lovely on our honeymoon!

Another hotel we want to book has also released the dates for next year. Because a lot of our friends/family have never been to Florida, we wanted to show them a lot of the parks. We also don't want to drive, so this means a lot of hotel jumping! We're planning on 8 Night Wilderness Lodge (with 1 night GF for me night before); 6 Nights Sheraton Orlando Four Points (with 1 night Universal's Royal Pacific Resort wedged somewhere); Everyone else goes home at this point which leaves us with: 4 Night DCL and 4 Night Poly Concierge.... these are my hopeful plans! DF just doesn't fancy staying at the GF some reason, so I will :laughing: He's wanted to stay at WL for ages, so we're really looking forward to that!

So the Hotel which has just released is Sheraton Orlando Four Points (http://www.starwoodhotels.com/sheraton/property/overview/index.html?propertyID=1142). We stayed here in 2007 and really loved it. It's ideally placed to visit SeaWorld and Discovery Cove, it's at the top of I Drive opposite Wet'n'Wild. I'm hoping to book a King Suite if DF will oblige :teeth: We're staying just opposite in 12 days time at the Days Inn, so I could get some bits of information from them!

Outside Vendors

Once we get confirmation on our date in August, I'm going to book Misty for photography, and STVS for videography. Misty confirmed me today that she's still available for our date, so that's good! I absolutely love her work! I hope Stan is too. Does anyone know if Patricia LeJeune requires a deposit of any kind?

Eeyore's Tailfinder
06-03-2009, 06:13 AM
WEIGH IN!!

I'M SOOOOOO HAPPY!! Just been to my Weight Watchers weigh in, and have lost another 2.5lbs this week! Eeeee!! That means I've lost 7.5lbs, so more than half a stone! I feel really good and a lot more confident, and it's definitely boosting me to keep going! Seeing that little Silver 7 sticker has made me a very happy lady!!

On a more worrying note, I am really worried about Els' passport not arriving! His passport runs out in August, so we sent away for another when we booked this hol as you need 6 months on it left to travel. We leave in 11 days and it still hasn't arrived, so I'm getting a bit worried - I really hope it comes! If we have to cancel, we'll lose a lot of money AND we won't be going to Florida!! Cross everything you've got girls!!

torsie24
06-03-2009, 06:17 AM
WEIGH IN!!

I'M SOOOOOO HAPPY!! Just been to my Weight Watchers weigh in, and have lost another 2.5lbs this week! Eeeee!! That means I've lost 7.5lbs, so more than half a stone! I feel really good and a lot more confident, and it's definitely boosting me to keep going! Seeing that little Silver 7 sticker has made me a very happy lady!!

On a more worrying note, I am really worried about Els' passport not arriving! His passport runs out in August, so we sent away for another when we booked this hol as you need 6 months on it left to travel. We leave in 11 days and it still hasn't arrived, so I'm getting a bit worried - I really hope it comes! If we have to cancel, we'll lose a lot of money AND we won't be going to Florida!! Cross everything you've got girls!!
I'm sure the passport will be fine babes! 11 days is pretty long!!

WELL DONE!!! On the weight loss!!! :teeth:

I started a weight loss thread on the weddings main page. :)

I thought we could maybe do little challenges like best loser this month/week, weight loss challenge for summer, exercise challenge etc. :)

Chilly
06-03-2009, 06:28 AM
"Does anyone know if Patricia LeJeune requires a deposit of any kind?"

When I asked they didn't answer the question just told me to wait until my date was booked.

When did you send off for the passport?

Eeyore's Tailfinder
06-03-2009, 06:37 AM
Thanks babes!!! I'm so happy! I joined your weight loss thread, I think it's a great idea since a lot of us are in the same boat - I know what you mean when you said that we're pretty much the same weight wise! I think WW is great so far, seems to be working at least!

We sent off for the passport 2 weeks ago tomorrow on the 2 week check and send service, if it's not here tomorrow, I guess we'll try and phone the passport office to see what's happening with it. When this comes, I can relax - I was so excited to go yesterday and I just had one of those 'what if we have to cancel?' moments, I'd be so, so gutted. I don't care if we have to drive up to Liverpool to get it, I just want to know what's happening with it!

I've done the registration thingy on Patricia's website, so at least the ball is in motion!

Mrsdisneyb2b
06-03-2009, 11:28 AM
WOW 7.5 lbs already!?!?!? THAT IS WONDERFUL!!

Eeyore's Tailfinder
06-03-2009, 12:16 PM
Thanks girl!! I'm so pleased, just hope I don't put it back on in Orlando!!

Re Passport, Els called the passport hotline a while back and the girl said it had been sent to the printers today, and it should be with him within the next 3 days - phew! Still a close call though, and I won't be completely happy until passport is in hand, but it looks like Florida is still on!!

torsie24
06-03-2009, 01:16 PM
Thanks girl!! I'm so pleased, just hope I don't put it back on in Orlando!!

Re Passport, Els called the passport hotline a while back and the girl said it had been sent to the printers today, and it should be with him within the next 3 days - phew! Still a close call though, and I won't be completely happy until passport is in hand, but it looks like Florida is still on!!
Good news!!

Did you mention that it would then be later than the 2 weeks service?

I'd wait until you recieve it so they can't hold it form you, and then have a moan if you paid extra for an 'express' service that you didn't receive!!

gemmybear83
06-03-2009, 01:40 PM
Just caught up - yeahy on the passport and weigh in :banana::banana: I'm going to join weightwatchers too - I love their ready meals anyway :laughing:

I'm rubbish with my planning journal too - but I'm trying to be organised now as I don't want to be super stressed next year!:)

Eeyore's Tailfinder
06-03-2009, 04:04 PM
:laughing: That's a good plan Torsie! Stressing me out!

Oww it's hard to keep up Gemma when you feel like you haven't got anything to write about yet! It still doesn't feel 'real' and I'm not sure what to do next planning-wise! I don't want to buy shoes, tiara, etc. as I haven't bought my dress! I'm stuck in a wedding planning rut... somewhere I never thought I'd be!

OK, I e-mailed Sheraton as the dates became available and it didn't make clear on the website if you had to pay full price or deposit when you booked it. Well, I got an e-mail back saying they only need a CC number to confirm the reservation - that's good news as we can book it sooner than I'd hoped! Although something in me wants to wait until we know we've got the August 12th date. I hope to book DCL at the end of the month though, so I might do it after I book that - then that's half the honeymoon sorted!

malibustacey
06-03-2009, 04:34 PM
oooh what Sheraton are you gonna stay at?

Eeyore's Tailfinder
06-03-2009, 04:50 PM
We're doing 1 week of our honeymoon in the one right opposite the Days Inn :) I'm looking forward - we stayed here in 2007.

I think it's easier to split our stay between I Drive and Disney to do the different parks as we're not driving :) So we're going to use it as a base to do Universal, Islands, SW, Discovery Cove. I admit I'll be excited to get back to Disney afterwards though!

malibustacey
06-03-2009, 05:07 PM
thats where we stayed this year and i couldnt believe it only took us 5 mins to walk to universal!!

days inn / sheraton is in a great location i think!

Pooh's-Honey-Pot
06-03-2009, 05:12 PM
WEIGH IN!!

!!

Woo hoo! Thats an excellent weight loss! Don't tell anyone but I used to run Rosemary Conley classes (dark, secret past!!), so I know how hard it is - 2.5lb in a week is brilliant! More than I ever managed even when I was teaching 11 exercise classes a week!!!!:rotfl:

Pooh's-Honey-Pot
06-03-2009, 05:14 PM
Hayley I am pancicked - your food report has vanished from your signature!!!!

Cinderella16
06-03-2009, 06:58 PM
Great little updates, Haley!
Congrats on the weight loss! That is wonderful!
And don't worry about not updating your PJ..I do the same thing and I have 17 days..you would think I would have lots of updates. :lmao: I am sure once it gets closer you will be updating like crazy! :thumbsup2

Eeyore's Tailfinder
06-04-2009, 03:00 PM
thats where we stayed this year and i couldnt believe it only took us 5 mins to walk to universal!!

days inn / sheraton is in a great location i think!

It's fab isn't it?! We're staying at the Days Inn in 10 days! Wayne recommended it to me on your PJ, so we're going there :goodvibes I can't wait - I love the area. We never walked to US before, but we will this time! Did you walk back at night or get a taxi?

We'll be staying at 5 hotels and 1 boat on our honeymoon - that's a lot of packing :rotfl:

Woo hoo! Thats an excellent weight loss! Don't tell anyone but I used to run Rosemary Conley classes (dark, secret past!!), so I know how hard it is - 2.5lb in a week is brilliant! More than I ever managed even when I was teaching 11 exercise classes a week!!!!:rotfl:

Thanks Sonya! :hug: Although I think I'm gaining it all back just by looking at your TR ;)

Hayley I am pancicked - your food report has vanished from your signature!!!!

:scared1: So it has! It must have been bumped by my new weight ticker! I'll try and find a way to put it right!

Great little updates, Haley!
Congrats on the weight loss! That is wonderful!
And don't worry about not updating your PJ..I do the same thing and I have 17 days..you would think I would have lots of updates. :lmao: I am sure once it gets closer you will be updating like crazy! :thumbsup2

Thanks Julianne! OMG 15 days is crazy!! YOU'RE GETTING MARRIED THIS MONTH! Wait - when are you going to Florida?! We'll be in Orlando from 14th - 24th June! I won't repeat my sob story about not going to WDW as I must have complained about it a million times, and who can complain when you're in Orlando, right?! :thumbsup2

malibustacey
06-04-2009, 03:17 PM
we walked there in the morning early - and got there welllll before the gates opened ... and we'd walk back in the afternoon. We only stayed late once at Universal and we walked back and it was okay, a bit dark but it was a laugh. We got a taxi once down to universal in the evening when we went to watch wrestling (as we'd had a drink and didnt want to walk) and it only cost around $5.

The days inn is great - cheap and cheerful. We never had problems exept that there were people making loads of noises on a few nights and we just rang reception and they sent out a security guy to tell them off!

I just think its in a great location... shops and restruants all around you and the IRIDE stop 14 is right outside the Days Inn, and another right outside the Sheraton on the opposite side of the road.

Plus it was close to Wet n Wild, AND PONDEROSA!! mmmmm mmmmmmm $3.99 eat as much as you flipping like...the best breakfast buffet in orlando... and the best evening buffet is Golden Corral... omg! I aint even going there with the Golden Corral - if you havent been there, im ORDERING you to go there! haha

Eeyore's Tailfinder
06-05-2009, 05:34 AM
OMG I haven't been to Golden Corral!! Where is it in relation to Days Inn?! I need to know!! I love the fact that it's like next door to the 7Eleven, we lived there! haha! It's weird, we used to come off the trolley at stop 14 and walk over the Days Inn grounds to get to 7/11 & Sheraton, and now we're staying there! Cheap and cheerful is definitely what we're after on this trip!!

Pooh's-Honey-Pot
06-05-2009, 05:51 AM
Oh Hayley your eyes will pop out at Golden Corrall! We have only done breakfast but Wow - so much choice!!

Eeyore's Tailfinder
06-05-2009, 05:56 AM
OK, I've been doing a little bit of head sorting with our honeymoon and outside vendors. I am dying to book something, anything, but trying to hold off until we know that our date will be confirmed.

Outside Vendors
Officiant: Rev. Jack Day (Have e-mailed him, have been sent Jack's Pak a while ago, just need to send it back ASAP - keep forgetting!)
Photography: Misty Miotto (Have e-mailed her couple times, she is available on our date, waiting til Aug 12 to book)
Videography: STVS (Have e-mailed couple months ago, were available on our date - hope they still are!, waiting til Aug 12 to book)
Cosmetology: Patricia LeJeune (Have e-mailed, sorting out details, if she needs deposit we will book Aug 12, if she doesn't we will book ASAP - don't want to lose deposit if we don't get date)

So those are the Outside Vendors we (I!) have chosen!! I have a great feeling about all of them and hope they will still be available when our date is confirmed! I am dying to book them all now, but I want to make sure our date is 100% before I put down any deposits!

Holiday/Honeymoon Dates
7 Aug - Man Airport Travelodge! Will book in Jan 2010
8 - 16 Aug - Disney's Wilderness Lodge (8nts) Will book this when we get Room Block or next Spring for free DDP
**I am staying at Disney's Grand Floridian on 11 Aug, night before wedding** Using this as free night
16 - 22 Aug - Sheraton Four Points Orlando - Hopefully King Suite (6nts) Will book this end of the month
**Probably stay 1 night at Universal's Royal Pacific Resort on 18 Aug** Will book this when dates are released
22 - 26 Aug - Disney Wonder Bahamian Cruise - Verandah Room 7120 (4nts) HONEYMOON! Will book this end of the month
26 - 30 Aug - Disney Hotel - Polynesian/AKL Concierge (4nts) HONEYMOON! Will book this next Spring for free DDP

So those are our Honeymoon plans and dates, I hope!! For Wilderness Lodge & Sheraton, some of our family and friends will be with us. We'll be on our own for the Cruise and back to Disney. We HAD to go back to Disney after the Cruise - we did DCL last thing last year and when we caught the bus to go back to Disney for Virgin DTD Bag Drop with everyone going to Disney to stay, we felt so sad - despite the fact we'd just stayed there for 17 nights beforehand! :laughing:

malibustacey
06-05-2009, 06:00 AM
you will have to get Wayne to give you the direction or location of where Golden Corral is ... he knows his way around Orlando like its his house! Just pop a message on my pj for him and hell reply to it and tell you where it is! All i know is that Ponderosa is near wet n wild and i roughly know where two tgi firdays are in the area but still then i dont really know! haha - its all on one road so its not far whatever way you are coming from!

Eeyore's Tailfinder
06-05-2009, 06:07 AM
I know where Ponderosa is and I Drive down to about where CiCi's and Buffalo Wild Wings, but not beyond there! I'll ask Wayne on your PJ!

We stayed in the Sheraton opposite Days Inn in 2007 and never saw Golden Corrall!! LOVE IHOP next door though! And Denny's and Sweet Tomatoes just over the road!

torsie24
06-05-2009, 07:12 AM
Wow! Your Honeymoon plan sounds awesome!! :cloud9:

Now you've made me want to type it out!!

Eeyore's Tailfinder
06-05-2009, 07:30 AM
DO IT, DO IT :laughing:

I'll probably change my mind a thousand times before booking it!! But it's still fun to write it! DF does not want to stay at GF, how weird is he?!! So I'm using our comp night to treat my girlies the night before we get married!

OKAY, OKAY I ALSO HAVE A NEWSFLASH!!!

ELFYN'S PASPORT JUST ARRIVED!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!

WE ARE GOING TO ORLANDO!!!!!!!!

acwinsett
06-05-2009, 07:49 AM
Oh, I'm so excited that you guys are going to Florida!!! That's great!

And kudos on the weight loss 7.5 pounds is excellent!!!

Eeyore's Tailfinder
06-05-2009, 08:25 AM
Thanks Andreah! I'm really excited too! Pity it's not a planning session, but a site visit will do me fine!

Oh my gosh, I'm so nervous! I just went to pick something up from the main office and I bumped into one of the lecturers/coworkers who's making a presentation to heads of 6th form from different schools and he wants me to make a 5min speech at 13.45!! ARGH!! That's in like 20min! Because I went to Uni here before I became a PhD/Tutor, I need to talk about how amazingly awesome it is to go to Uni here. Breathe. I regret going over there! :laughing:

Chilly
06-05-2009, 11:34 AM
Hope it went well!

Mrsdisneyb2b
06-05-2009, 11:39 AM
We were going to have jack too! I loved him!!! woot woot to all your updates!

Eeyore's Tailfinder
06-05-2009, 11:53 AM
Argh! It sort of went OK in the end, I blurted everything out and got out of there! I don't mind speaking when I've planned what I want to say - I tend to start sentences and forget halfway through... not good for a university tutor! LOL!

That's great MrsDisney!! Glad you liked him, I've only ever emailed him once, but I like his website & ceremonies :)

Eeyore's Tailfinder
06-06-2009, 12:13 PM
Hello! Is there anyone online tonight?!

I am so bored! DF has gone to his friends for a lads night in with a few mates - i.e. XBox, Beers, and Food AKA Sleepover :laughing: One of my friends is on vacation, another is on a date with a new boyfriend.... so I'm Billy No Mates!

Pooh's-Honey-Pot
06-06-2009, 12:49 PM
Poor Hayley! I am sitting alone with the dogs, listening to Tony huff around upstairs while decorating the bathroom. I'm too scared to ask him for a toilet break!

Eeyore's Tailfinder
06-06-2009, 01:28 PM
:laughing: Men and DIY!! I also have Els' dog for company! She comes on holiday here every weekend, he misses her too much when she's at his parents :)

malibustacey
06-06-2009, 03:13 PM
Same here... Wayne went to the seaside (Skegness) for the weekend with his best mate.. bleh... and im sitting here eating cookies because im sad. argh! i suppose its okay if i let myself off this weekend. i dont really care, im eating what i want. im sat with my sex and the city boxset and watching episode after episode ... bleh.

im very bored too. shame we live so far apart then we could have a girls night out!!!

Eeyore's Tailfinder
06-06-2009, 03:43 PM
Aww a weekend off is good!

That is a shame we live so far apart! I could do with a girls night out, especially tonight! It's raining and horrible up here!

I'm sat here watching WeddingTV and googling some ideas for our at home reception :) A bit sad!

malibustacey
06-06-2009, 04:23 PM
i wish i had that wedding tv.. i only have freeview! haha

torsie24
06-06-2009, 04:35 PM
Awww, poor lonely girlies.

We should organise a bride meet soon though. :) All get lunch or something.

Chilly
06-06-2009, 05:25 PM
You have Wedding TV and your bored!

Are we still on for meeting up at the next Wedding Fair in October wasn't it?

malibustacey
06-06-2009, 06:15 PM
Yes!! Without a doubt!

Is it in excel? I live in London and have neveerrrrrr been there! hah!

I think it will be really fun, im looking forward to it!

Eeyore's Tailfinder
06-06-2009, 07:58 PM
Yep, all that's on it now is eLove or something or the other! Shame - I love Rich Bride Poor Bride and Bridezillas!

Ooh what Wedding Fayre?!

Eeyore's Tailfinder
06-09-2009, 10:10 AM
SITE VISIT PLANNED!!

I'm so excited! Our site visit is planned for June 22nd!! I have my list of questions & notes ready, anything else I might need?

Hoping to make an ADR somewhere for breakfast that day!

Chilly
06-09-2009, 10:21 AM
Ooh what Wedding Fayre?!

In London http://www.nationalweddingshow.co.uk/shows/london/default.aspx

SITE VISIT PLANNED!!

I'm so excited! Our site visit is planned for June 21st!! I have my list of questions & notes ready, anything else I might need?

Take photos!

torsie24
06-09-2009, 10:27 AM
SITE VISIT PLANNED!!

I'm so excited! Our site visit is planned for June 21st!! I have my list of questions & notes ready, anything else I might need?

Eeeee - very exciting!!

I want to have a GF Cafe lunch on my site visit day if that inspires you at all. :goodvibes:

Eeyore's Tailfinder
06-09-2009, 10:34 AM
I'll take lots of photos! The wedding fayre sounds great!

I'm hoping to make a late breakfast reservation at Kona Cafe - our favourite for breakfast! Els would love a lunch reservation at Whispering Canyon, but I'm not sure if it's pushing it as our site visit is at 1pm. I'll have a chat with him later - it depends what we get really anyway as it's only 2 weeks away!

However I am having Earl of Sandwich one way or another!!

Eeyore's Tailfinder
06-09-2009, 10:35 AM
Why am I insistent on writing June 21st?!

Our site visit is JUNE 22nd - d'oh!!

Mrsdisneyb2b
06-09-2009, 10:41 AM
SITE VISIT PLANNED!!

I'm so excited! Our site visit is planned for June 22nd!! I have my list of questions & notes ready, anything else I might need?

OMG THAT IS SOO AWESOME (Although I kind of wish you would have totally booked it fot july 22 to meet with me) lol

Sarah84
06-09-2009, 01:22 PM
Hiya Hayley, your wedding & honeymoon plans sound great and i bet you are so excited to be off to Orlando in 5 nights :banana:
Did you used to be on the Dibb, im sure i remember reading a trip report you did on there a couple of years ago :confused3 at least i think (hope) it was you and i havent got you confused with someone else :)

torsie24
06-09-2009, 01:27 PM
You have Wedding TV and your bored!

Are we still on for meeting up at the next Wedding Fair in October wasn't it?
Waaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaah! I'm in Orlando then!!!

Can we have a meet-up before too?

malibustacey
06-09-2009, 01:31 PM
whaaaaat - your in orlando ?? you cant be in orlando then!! we have a dis wedding fayre to go to!! :lmao:

we could meet up before i suppose!!

gemmybear83
06-09-2009, 04:37 PM
Yeahy!! So exciting and not long until you go now (I am sooooo jealous by the way!)

malibustacey
06-09-2009, 05:08 PM
me too - im jealousssssss... :goodvibes if only we'd been flying out on Saturday.. we would have stayed at the Days Inn and we could have met up a few times!! We'd be so close together- heh, we could wave at each other from our hotel rooms (if your room faced the Days In!) hahah!!

damn.. i demand you take a mega load of photos!

ahhh orlando ...:lovestruc

and you'll be so close to Universal.. and you can walk there in the mornings... ahhhh....:lovestruc and you can go to disney and have dole whips....:lovestruc

ah man!

torsie24
06-09-2009, 05:30 PM
Now I'm jealous too!!!

We need a VERY detailed trip report Missy!! ;)

Chilly
06-10-2009, 05:04 AM
Waaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaah! I'm in Orlando then!!!

Can we have a meet-up before too?

Oh no!

Yeah we can meet before. Anyone have a date preference? Or location?

Eeyore's Tailfinder
06-10-2009, 09:56 AM
Good Afternoon Ladies!!

Aww MrsDisney - are you going to be on your honeymoon in July!? Your wedding is so close!!

Sarah, Yep - I did used to be on the Dibb! Technically I'm still a member :laughing: but I found it hard to follow so many sites! Now I'm a moderator on the UOG, and I come here of course - but mostly frequent the weddings and dining boards :)

Stacey, we are staying at the Days Inn :) Sorry I must have babbled on so much before, I confuse myself - the Sheraton is where we stayed in 2007... so we might even have been neighbours! :laughing:

I will totally take photos for you all, I'M SO EXCITED!!

Today has been a good day! I met Sir David Attenborough and Desmond Tutu earlier on!

And........ drumroll please........

GOODBYE 13 STONE!!

I LOST 3LBS TODAY!!! Big, big shock! So now I'm down to 12st 11.5lbs! I'm really happy with that, but it's making me dread eating in FL a bit if I'm honest! I'll have to try and keep myself under control now. It was my last weigh-in for 2 weeks, so I'll have to not go into the mindset of I'm not weighing for 2 weeks so I can eat what I like.

Chilly
06-10-2009, 10:00 AM
Good Afternoon Ladies!!

Aww MrsDisney - are you going to be on your honeymoon in July!? Your wedding is so close!!

Sarah, Yep - I did used to be on the Dibb! Technically I'm still a member :laughing: but I found it hard to follow so many sites! Now I'm a moderator on the UOG, and I come here of course - but mostly frequent the weddings and dining boards :)

Stacey, we are staying at the Days Inn :) Sorry I must have babbled on so much before, I confuse myself - the Sheraton is where we stayed in 2007... so we might even have been neighbours! :laughing:

I will totally take photos for you all, I'M SO EXCITED!!

Today has been a good day! I met Sir David Attenborough and Desmond Tutu earlier on!

And........ drumroll please........

GOODBYE 13 STONE!!

I LOST 3LBS TODAY!!! Big, big shock! So now I'm down to 12st 11.5lbs! I'm really happy with that, but it's making me dread eating in FL a bit if I'm honest! I'll have to try and keep myself under control now. It was my last weigh-in for 2 weeks, so I'll have to not go into the mindset of I'm not weighing for 2 weeks so I can eat what I like.

UOG?

Sir David Attenborough and Desmond Tutu - how cool!

Well done on the weight loss :worship:

Eeyore's Tailfinder
06-10-2009, 10:16 AM
Unofficial Online Guide :) I've been a member for 3 years and a moderator for almost 1.

They were both soooo nice! Desmond Tutu is so small, he's too cute!

Thank you!! I'm so pleased!

Sarah84
06-10-2009, 01:15 PM
ooh i was right, i thought it was you. Congratulations on the weight loss :)

Eeyore's Tailfinder
06-10-2009, 04:59 PM
Thank You! I hope it carries on coming off!!

malibustacey
06-10-2009, 05:56 PM
omggggggg we totally could have been neighbours this upcoming week! I cant remember what room number we stayed in but i know it was the furthest block from the reception and it was a pool view and we faced the sheraton!

oooh i should stop thinking about us being able to fly out on saturday! but im soooo excited for you!!!!

i miss the ''sweet home alabama'' song on the I RIDE that the play... whenever we got on the i rides that song was playing! ahhhhh....

Eeyore's Tailfinder
06-11-2009, 06:01 AM
Awww Stacey!! You should totally come in my suitcase!

Or *cough, cough* I hear there is a pretty nasty flu going round at the moment that's keeping everyone off work, HAHA!!

I will do live updates and let you know which room we are in!! I love the Sweet Home Alabama song, lol, you totally reminded me of that!!

Cinderella16
06-11-2009, 09:58 AM
SITE VISIT PLANNED!!

WE ARE CHECKING IN FOR OUR HONEYMOON ON JUNE 23!!!!!!!!!!! :goodvibes :goodvibes

How long are you staying in Orlando again???? We must find each other!

Eeyore's Tailfinder
06-11-2009, 10:25 AM
Oooh! If you were checking in a day earlier, we would be at the Grand the same time!

We are only in Orlando until the 24th, we go home that day! :( I think we are doing SeaWorld on the 23rd - what are you doing?!

8 DAYS JULIANNE!!!

Cinderella16
06-11-2009, 10:47 AM
Oooh! If you were checking in a day earlier, we would be at the Grand the same time!

We are only in Orlando until the 24th, we go home that day! :( I think we are doing SeaWorld on the 23rd - what are you doing?!

8 DAYS JULIANNE!!!

Awww! That day we are just checking in and resting up since it was a long drive to Florida--we may do a carriage ride at Fort Wilderness or Port Orleans, but I think we are going to rest up for MGM the next day.

I wish our budget allowed us to do Sea World because I would drag Justin there on the 23rd! :rotfl2: I will think of you when I walk by the Wedding Pavilion!

Eeyore's Tailfinder
06-12-2009, 03:44 PM
I'm not sure I will get a chance to come on tomorrow as it's my mum's birthday and we're going out for a meal (even more pounds on already, argh!!)

So just in case, GOODBYE! And I will 'see' you all when I get back! We are taking a laptop, so hopefully I will get a chance to pop on and say hello to you all whilst we're there! We are flying out at 1.30pm on Sunday :) Doesn't feel real!!

torsie24
06-12-2009, 03:48 PM
I'm not sure I will get a chance to come on tomorrow as it's my mum's birthday and we're going out for a meal (even more pounds on already, argh!!)

So just in case, GOODBYE! And I will 'see' you all when I get back! We are taking a laptop, so hopefully I will get a chance to pop on and say hello to you all whilst we're there! We are flying out at 1.30pm on Sunday :) Doesn't feel real!!
Aaaaaaaaaaaaaaah! I'm SOOOOOOOOOO jealous!!!!!!

Take me with you pleeeeeeeeeeeeease!!!!!!!!

Have an absolutely wonderful trip babes!!! And take millions of photos!!!!!!!!!!! :)

gemmybear83
06-13-2009, 09:03 AM
Have a brilliant time Hayley :wave:

Chilly
06-13-2009, 12:26 PM
Have a wonderful time :dance3:

Sarah84
06-14-2009, 12:10 PM
Well i missed you now :( and you'll probably be about halfway there almost. Hope you have a fantastic time and had a nice meal for your mum's birthday yesterday :)

Pirate's Princess
06-14-2009, 08:22 PM
Hey Hayley!

Just my luck! I find your pj, and catch up, and then you leave! :lmao:

Congrats on the weightloss and all the wedding ideas sound really cool! I can't wait to read more, and hopefully see some pictures from the site visit.

Have an awesome trip!! :wizard:

torsie24
06-15-2009, 03:03 AM
Eeeee - you'll be there now sleeping!!!!!!!

HAVE A WONDERFUL TIME!!!!!!!!!!!!!! I'll be thinking of you jealously from work!!

Mrsdisneyb2b
06-15-2009, 10:33 AM
have a wonderful time hun!!!!!!!!!!!!!!

Eeyore's Tailfinder
06-29-2009, 07:06 AM
WE'RE HOME!!

We had a great time and it went by waaaay too quickly! I don't have our vacation photos at work, so I'll post them up as soon as I can!

torsie24
06-29-2009, 07:09 AM
We need a ful on TR misses!!!!!!!!!

Eeyore's Tailfinder
06-29-2009, 07:10 AM
:laughing: Will do! Will accompany the photos with a TR :teeth:

I am still waaay too jetlagged to think of anything at the moment!

Chilly
06-29-2009, 07:33 AM
Welcome back!

Sarah84
06-29-2009, 11:32 AM
Welcome back, glad you had a great time :)

Eeyore's Tailfinder
07-06-2009, 05:40 AM
DCL HONEYMOON CRUISE!!

We've just booked a part of our Honeymoon! THE first thing we have booked for our wedding! We are doing the Disney Wonder 4 Night Bahamian, Aug 22-26 - I'M SO EXCITED!! I managed to book the same stateroom as we had last year, one with a verandah, so it will be extra special! I absolutely cannot wait!!

http://img98.imageshack.us/img98/9875/img3756.jpg

http://img9.imageshack.us/img9/3095/img3900e.jpg

http://img98.imageshack.us/img98/3995/img3802.jpg

Eeyore's Tailfinder
07-06-2009, 05:42 AM
Oooh - also apologies on being so behind on writing my Site Visit TR! Those of you on my Facebook will have seen my PhD updates and being hard at work! I have to finish my thesis before the wedding - ouch!! So A LOT to do the coming year!!

Will be up relatively soon, I promise!!

Eeyore's Tailfinder
07-07-2009, 05:31 AM
2 other people want our August 12th date!! :scared1::sad2:

I really want that date - it works so smoothly with all our plans, and now especially that we've booked the DCL Cruise yesterday!

I don't think they're DISers or I would have seen them on here :cool2:.... I really really hope that they don't want the Wedding Pavilion & Coach for our time :sad1: I don't think I could get married anywhere else and I couldn't imagine not having the Coach now!!

I'm going to be worrying until August........ :scared:

Torsie are you on MSN?!

Sarah84
07-07-2009, 10:39 AM
Congratulations on booking the cruise part of your honeymoon, and fingerscrossed everything works out ok and you get the date you want at the WP and the coach pixiedust:

Eeyore's Tailfinder
07-07-2009, 11:06 AM
Thanks Sarah!! :) I'm crossing everything!

tinkandonaldfans
07-07-2009, 11:54 AM
Anything that can be crossed is crossed! Its silly that you have to wait so long to book especially as you are coming from the UK as there is loads to co-ordinate with families, flights etc!

Chilly
07-07-2009, 12:05 PM
Oh no that's not good that other people want your date but still Disney have a lot of ceremony venues and times so hopefully it'll be ok. Good news on booking the cruise though.

Eeyore's Tailfinder
07-07-2009, 12:15 PM
I thought that no one would want it since it's a Thursday in August! I'm itching to book now, I just want it confirmed that we're getting married on this date :laughing: 1 month and 5 days until D Day!

The next day is Friday 13th, I'd happily have that if it didn't mean a higher minimum :laughing: I bet no one else wants it!

Eeyore's Tailfinder
07-08-2009, 02:59 PM
POSSIBLE CHANGE OF DATE

Diane, who is fantastic, checked the calendar for me and the 10th and 11th look better than the 12th. SO we have decided to just go ahead and try for the 11th instead. Wedding Pavilion, Coach and Sago Cay are really important to me so I just want to make sure I get those! I don't think moving it forward a day will make a huge impact in our travel plans, so cross fingers now that all goes well for this date! Good thing is we get to book a day earlier and get married a day earlier :laughing:

torsie24
07-08-2009, 03:20 PM
Good news you have a day looking more quiet sweetie. I'll keep my fingers crossed no one else wants the 11th!

And :banana: for knocking a day off the countdown!

Chilly
07-09-2009, 04:31 AM
Sounds like a good idea.

Eeyore's Tailfinder
07-09-2009, 04:54 AM
Thank you ladies :)

I'm not changing my PJ title yet, just in case I jinx myself!

We're also now to-ing and fro-ing on the reception location! I think this is what happens when you have too much time to book :laughing: We're between Whitehall and California Grill. If we did Cali Grill, we'd do the 10am ceremony and have to be out of there by 3-4pm to avoid the $4000 minimum if you have the place 4pm-6pm. We LOVED Napa Room and the views when we were there and the room is a perfect size for us. DF wants Napa as a first choice.

I also like Napa, and our wedding day would be longer and I'd get to be in my dress longer! The reception would be 12 - 3/4. Is this enough time for speeches, a first dance, cutting the cake, and a 3/4 course meal? Is 12pm too early for a 4 course meal? Although you do get wedding breakfasts in the UK for that time. What would our guests do from 3/4pm until the dessert party at say 9pm? We were planning to give them a break from 5/6pm anyway. Should we arrange to do something else in the meantime, e.g. drinks on the Grand 1 for an hour or so?!

I NEED YOUR HELP!!

Chilly
07-09-2009, 05:31 AM
I think you should post that on the main page as you'll get more past brides answering.

Disney-Bride2010
07-09-2009, 10:14 AM
Hayley, we had the same dilemma with our times. We switched from an evening to a morning wedding so we could have our reception at Narcoosee's. Since the reception has to be over by 3, the guests will just have free time until the DP that evening. :thumbsup2

Sorry you had to change your date. Now I'm glad I pushed ours up a week to the 5th!

Hope you're able to get all your first choices! I'm counting the days until we both find out!

Eeyore's Tailfinder
07-09-2009, 11:06 AM
Thanks Amanda :) That's the main thing I was worried about, the guests having nothing to do - but thinking about it, I bet they will be glad of a rest and being able to change/refresh for the evening!

gemmybear83
07-09-2009, 02:46 PM
So glad Diane was able to help you out with your date!

Were going for a rest mid afternoon - I want to spend a little on my own with Henry and I am sure everyone will want a little time to freshen up :goodvibes

Eeyore's Tailfinder
07-10-2009, 09:43 AM
Hey Gemma!

I'm so glad other people are taking a break mid-afternoon! I'm actually really excited now to be doing Napa Room, the view is incredible and we get to ride the monorail! It's all very close to booking now! A month tomorrow we'll be able to book! EEEEEK! I can't believe it's so close, I can't wait to be able to say We're getting married on X date, at X time.

I'm meeting with my 2 best friends on Sunday for lunch who I haven't seen in aaages due to our work schedules and I'm going to give them 'Be My Bridesmaid?' cards - I haven't made them yet though so hopefully they will turn out OK! I'll post pics up!

Good news - I emailed Stan, Misty and Patricia about the possible date change and all 3 are free on the 11th, so I'm really glad about that!

I'm watching Ultimate Wedding Dresses right now on Wedding TV and it's Kirstie Kelly that's on! I finally have a half day today so I'm using it to chill and get excited about the wedding :laughing:

padisneyfour
07-10-2009, 10:00 AM
good luck with your date..... I will keep my fingers crossed for you:goodvibes The waiting is hard.....

pezaddict231
07-11-2009, 10:41 PM
Good luck with your date! Glad to hear all your vendors are still free the other day. It's so silly that they make you wait so long to book! Did you ask your planner if other brides wanted the date or did she just tell you that? We're hoping for August 17, 2010, which is a Tuesday, but now I'm getting nervous about it, and I'm like you, can't imagine getting married anywhere but the Wedding Pavillion!