PDA

View Full Version : Boys and a meal at norway princess restaurant

sdteacher
11-11-2008, 09:03 PM
Dont' laugh - but my boys say they want to eat in Norway at the princess restaurant (don't know the name) because they want their picture taken with a princess. The weird part - they are 9 and 11. Should I do it? I think it is crazy but they are having a hoot talking about it.

TDC Nala
11-11-2008, 09:04 PM
If the kids want to go, why not take them?

Texas Disney Fan
11-11-2008, 09:09 PM
We went to CRT this past summer more for me, but my DS9 really enjoyed it. Even Snow White made him blush. He just asked us to not show his friends the pictures with the princesses. :rotfl:

And he is still willing to go again. He get this really goofy grin when we talk about. :flower3:

Brer Shay
11-11-2008, 09:12 PM
We went there (Akershus) for my DD, but my DS enjoyed it waaaaay more than I expected him to. The princesses were very kind and it seemed that they gauged the amount of their interaction with boys to the level of their interest. Some boys liked it and were very involved, some couldn't care less and just got a wave. If they want to go, no harm done.

sdteacher
11-11-2008, 09:15 PM
I think my boys want to go to get pictures TO show their friends as a joke. My oldest says he wants to get an autograph for his best friend. Boys will be boys I guess.

TDC Nala
11-11-2008, 09:18 PM
Maybe he wants a picture with Jasmine. The guys always want to see Jasmine.

Neesy228
11-11-2008, 09:43 PM
Maybe he wants a picture with Jasmine. The guys always want to see Jasmine.

:laughing: Yup! My DH was pretty happy to see Jasmine in September!

My two boys (7, 5) went for their little sister and I had them wear "prince in training" t-shirts ('cause I'm a Disney-crazed Mom) that I made from the DISign board. The princesses commented on their shirts and the boys shyly giggled and blushed. We got some cute pictures and no one complained. We had a great time! I would definitely take them - get a lot of pictures and use it to embarrass them in front of future girlfriends!:lmao: :thumbsup2

Amy&Dan
11-11-2008, 10:45 PM
My son is 14 and has never minded a princess meal or two! And at Norway, he got his picture taken with a very lovely Jasmine which was fine by him but also got him embarrassed as he is very shy. That same meal, Sleeping Beauty sensed his shyness and she came up, snuggled up next to him and gave him lots of hugs and kept asking him why he wouldn't take her away to "his castle". The whole restaurant was laughing. He pretended to be mortified but it was probably the highlight of his trip. This was three years ago and he still talks about that dinner!

mrsannb
11-12-2008, 12:58 AM
My son is 6, didn't want to go to the princess breakfast...got there and found out they have salami, sausage, & bacon so no objections from him.

Wouldn't you like to go to the princess breakfast? It is good food. :)

GatorLady
11-12-2008, 08:42 AM
I think my boys want to go to get pictures TO show their friends as a joke. My oldest says he wants to get an autograph for his best friend. Boys will be boys I guess.

Since you asked, and PLEASE, don't take this the wrong way. :) I'm not saying they would behave inappropriately, but from what you have written, it sounds like they are just mocking the experience. Which I would expect, they are pre-teen boys. I know, I have had a couple. ;) Maybe they would be better off going somewhere else they would truly enjoy.