PDA

View Full Version : Restaurant tips

lizet313
11-11-2008, 02:09 PM
What are some good restaurants to check out at WDW? :confused: I will be there from Feb 11-15 2009. What would you recommend?

annhjk
11-11-2008, 03:05 PM
Here's what we're repeating from out last trip (Jan 07)

Coral Reef, CP breakfast, and Whispering Canyon. Ohaha breakfast was good too.

webray
11-11-2008, 03:08 PM
Blue Zoo, IL Mulino, Flying Fish, Artist Point (our top choices for dinner). Most anything around the world showcase for lunch/dinner.

habg1
11-11-2008, 03:36 PM
We enjoyed Garden Grill and Boma :thumbsup2

KatMark
11-11-2008, 03:38 PM
Our must do's -- LeCellier, Plaza, Biergarten and Crystal Palace (also, Fulton's--but not on the dining plan)

Our never to do again -- Hollywood & Vine, Boatwright's (dinner) and Whispering Canyon Cafe (yuk)

amaley01
11-11-2008, 04:15 PM
O'hana's, Cape May Cafe, Coral Reef, Chef Mickey's :woohoo:
top our list of return restaurants
you can always review the menus online

ajsrph
11-11-2008, 05:37 PM
We have repeated Crystal Palace, Cape May (3 times for breakfast), & Coral Reef in the past. Wanted to try some brand new ones (for us) this time, so we're adding LeCellier, Mama Melrose, Tepan Edo, Marrakesh, Chef Mickey's, and CRT; and going to Coral Reef for the 3rd time.

Tricia1972
11-11-2008, 08:32 PM
Off the top of my head - we've been to:
Chef Mickey's Breakfast (2) - Would do again
Chef Mickey's Dinner - Would skip
LeCellier (2) - Would do again
Chefs de France - Won't be back anytime soon
Crystal Palace - Many times Lunch and Dinner - Will do again. Decent food and great atmosphere
Liberty Tree Tavern - Not in a hurry to go back
Kona Breakfast - Never ever again
Narcoossee's - Would consider
Victoria & Albert's - Would go every trip if we could afford it
Mama Melrose (2) - Love the steak gorgonzola - would go back just for that
Fulton's - Good but pretty expensive
Rainforest - Just like any other Rainforest
Cap'n Jack's - Won't rush back
Jiko (2) - Will make it a point to go every trip
Boma Breakfast - Fine
Boma Dinner - Good
Beaches & Cream - Will do every time, we love the sandwiches, price and atmosphere
Spoodles - Would go back, but not in a hurry
50's PTC - Would definitely go back
WCC - In NO hurry to go back

Next trip we plan on trying Biergarten and California Grill as our 'new' places.

lizet313
11-12-2008, 08:06 AM
Thanks to all for the advice I am very grateful :hug: for all the recommendations. Any tips from WDW I will be forever thankful.

tlriv5
11-12-2008, 02:12 PM
Our family loves Whispering Canyon Cafe (it's the only place we've repeated and we'd go again), we also enjoy Coral Reef, Biergarten, Chef Mickey and Crystal Palace (dinner) and Ohana breakfast. We also were pleasantly surprised to enjoy Sci-fi. Now if you don't have children going you might want to choose some different places, but these are our family favorites.

lizet313
11-12-2008, 02:39 PM
thanks tlriv5

perriwinkleblue
11-12-2008, 03:32 PM
Any kids in your party? Any character fans?

BTW, love your sparkle Mickey!

DaniTaylor
11-12-2008, 05:30 PM
As a local we favor eating on Disney property some of our top choices are:

House of Blues -we eat here on an almost weekly basis
Wolfgang Puck Express - Same as above
Whispering Canyon Cafe - Breakfast, lunch or dinner all yummy
Boma - only been for breakfast but love it
Tusker House - Breakfast has characters it's pretty good. Lunch is fantastic
Kona Cafe - My favorite is going for lunch they have an incredible beef terriyaki salad!
Crystal Palace - Breakfast, Lunch or dinner this is great and it's a fun character dining experience.

lizet313
11-14-2008, 07:51 AM
No real kids just me a 21yr old that is a kid at heart. I absolutely love Mickey and Minnie.:lovestruc I am into all the characters. It will be 2 in my party.

perriwinkleblue
11-14-2008, 11:45 PM
'Ohana in the Poly is a good choice for dinner. Good food and plenty of it. Try to sit away from the aisle and near a window if you are going without kids. Kona at the Poly is good too. Take the monorail one way and the boat back.

Chef Mickey's is a must for Mickey and Minnie (unless you absolutely don't like buffets). Boma is great for breakfast. Dinner is also really good but will feature some "different" selections (although there should be enough for picky eaters). If you go, spend some time before or after checking out the resort. It's awesome.

We also thought Coral Reef and Tutto Italia were pretty good, but not fabulous. If you have the dining plan, go for it. (I hate to say it, but when it's out-of-pocket you just expect more at those prices.) The atmosphere at both was great.

Check out the menus and reviews here and at allears.net. Have a great trip. :goodvibes

perriwinkleblue
11-14-2008, 11:49 PM
Oh, and if you do like buffets, do lunch or dinner at Crystal Palace with Pooh and friends. The food is tasty - the desserts are great :thumbsup2 . We've never done breakfast here but everyone seems to like it and an early res will get you into the parks ahead of the crowds.

lizet313
11-17-2008, 09:33 AM
Thanks to everyone for the posts and thanks perriwinkleblue for your opinions

topmonkeygirl
11-17-2008, 08:56 PM
No real kids just me a 21yr old that is a kid at heart. I absolutely love Mickey and Minnie.:lovestruc I am into all the characters. It will be 2 in my party.

Just got back from honeymoon and hubby and I loved the Crystal Palace character dinning. I'm the biggest kid but he fell in love with it to once the pooh started coming our way.
Sci-Fi is one of my favorites, best burgers.
Rainforest, we don't have one where we live.
Whispering canyon, breakfast.
Tuskar House.
Spirit of Aloha, food is o.k. but we love the show.
We want to try HDDR next time we go.
Hope this helps.

Cat0727
11-17-2008, 09:14 PM
You can't go wrong with Crystal Palace or Chef Mickey's (I'd do breakfast only here) for characters. Boma is great if you want a little flavor to your food. Kona Cafe is damn good. Sci-Fi Dine In is fun and their food isn't bad. Their milkshakes are to die for!

lizet313
12-18-2008, 07:53 AM
thanks

hkeller27
12-18-2008, 08:03 AM
Kona Cafe! Tonga Toast for breakfast - worth every darn calorie!!
Crystal Palace is one of our favs for breakfast, we always go back
50's Prime Time is fun and yum
Tusker House - so surprised by how good it was, even for our group of picky eaters
Anyplace in the World Showcase - we did dinner one night having an "International Tapas" - stopped at the quick service for each country and got something to split. I was stuffed after a creme brulee in France though :rotfl:

Have a great time!

J.C.&ALI'SMOM
12-18-2008, 05:03 PM
All these are great suggestions, but my suggestions is to try and get reservations asap!! As in now!