PDA

View Full Version : Want to camp in January-Will there be other kids around?

anabelle
11-11-2008, 11:44 AM
Homeschool Days at Disney are in early September and Mid January (around the 12th and 13th this year). My hubby has said that it is a no go for a 2009 January vacation, but we could probably swing at September 2009 or a January 2010 vacation. As you guessed my kids are homeschoolers, so I really want to make sure that there will be other kids their age around the Fort. Cost is a factor, so it is important that we go during the homeschool days, so we can take advantage of the great ticket prices.

I think that September will be too rainy and hot, so that leaves January. Any kids around at that time? My kids are 15, 14, and 11 right now.

Thanks !

becky1960
11-11-2008, 11:52 AM
What are the ticket prices for Homeschool, we homeschool also ?....

njcamper95
11-11-2008, 12:09 PM
Over the years of being in the fort we have stayed in Oct,Nov,Dec,Jan and Feb and didn't seem to matter which month there is always kids i'm sure if you go during a holiday weekend there is even more but can't imagine there is any months were there is no kids maybe less but not none i'm sure summer is by far the most busy for kids since schools are out but don't seem like just because school is open slows people from bringing there kids not sure if they just get there kids school work so they don't fall behind or if they home school but we were just there 10/12-10/27 and saw lots of kids hope this helps

anabelle
11-11-2008, 12:42 PM
What are the ticket prices for Homeschool, we homeschool also ?....

The most expensive ticket is the 5 day hopper with pluses. It is $156.09. You have to register for the homeschool event and use the tickets within 14 days before or after the event. I hear they put together a nice program. There are also extra Y.E.S. classes that the kids can take for a fee. The January 2009 program is at The Studios, and the last September one was at the Animal Kingdom. It seems like the pick a different park each time. The Carolina Homeschooler group also goes the week of Labor Day. Since they have a huge following they get bulk ticket pricing. Their Homeschool week is open to any homeschooler.

logella
11-11-2008, 01:57 PM
Is there a link somewhere for more information about the homeschool event?

DaveInTN
11-11-2008, 03:15 PM
Is there a link somewhere for more information about the homeschool event?
Check this link. (http://disneyyouthgroups.disney.go.com/wdyp/programs/programOverview?page=HSDProgramOverviewPage) We have seriously considered this event but haven't done it yet. However, I think no matter when you go there will be kids around FW. We are going the week of 12/7 to soak up the Christmas atmosphere, and I bet that even though most public schools are in session it will be full.

If you don't mind the early September heat, the Carolina group's trip is a real bargain!

logella
11-12-2008, 07:13 AM
Thanks for the link. That looks very interesting. If we hadn't just got back from the Fort a few weeks ago we might give that some serious consideration. The ticket prices alone seem like a screaming deal. I'm going to bookmark that link as a possibility in 2010.

toostsmom
11-12-2008, 07:56 AM
There are ALWAYS kids at Disney... we are in public school but took our vacation in October, missing 3 days of school, and there were kids all over the place.

Born 2 Fish
11-12-2008, 08:00 AM
It's Disney , theres ALWAYS kids !

anabelle
11-12-2008, 08:12 AM
I meant are there kids at the Fort. I know there are always kids in the parks. I have been to WDW many times but only once to the Fort. That visit was in June and the kids had a blast. We are used to the DVC hotels and in the off months, older kids/teens are rare. There were many times that my kids were the only kids the whole week at the quiet pool.

Born 2 Fish
11-12-2008, 08:26 AM
It's Disney,,theres ALWAYS kids !
Even at the Fort.

anabelle
11-12-2008, 09:36 AM
Thanks. It is getting hard to convince my teen age boys that Disney is still cool. On our last trip in June the boys ditched us and hung around two very cute girls all week. My daughter just wants to see pictures of the pool. If there is a pool, she is there. She actually learned how to swim at the Meadow pool when she was three. It was so cute.