PDA

View Full Version : Poly Garden View or WL Woods View?

itutorfortravel
11-11-2008, 07:47 AM
Which one would you pick?

If I understand correctly, there is a chance we would not get balcony at the Poly - is that right? That would be a bummer, since our DD would probably crash early.

I think at WL all rooms have balconies, right?

I know the transportation is better at the Poly and I've heard the kids club is awesome. But is the Poly "old" and dated looking? Some of the pics seem to make me think so. I know the WL is newer.

I really would like to stay at the Poly. I hear wonderful things about it. But I'm a little worried about no balcony so what would you do?

BTW, I can save about $400 by moving the ressie to the WL. Not enough to make me change my mind, but still a consideration.

Thanks for your input...

MickeyNicki
11-11-2008, 07:50 AM
I would stay Poly because of the monorail. We have stayed there twice, once in a garden view and once in a MK view and really enjoyed it. We are headed back to a garden view again in January...simply because we are taking 2 nieces and the monorail is alot easier for us than buses all the time.

I would change my answer if you are going during the holidays, the WL is the most gorgeous resort for Xmas.

Luvamouse
11-11-2008, 07:56 AM
I had booked WL for our trip last year and decided to switch based on monorail and old Poly memories. I could not have been happier. The transportation alone makes it my 1st choice.

Balcony concern? Lots of the Poly rooms have them, I'm sure someone here or on the Poly thread could actually give you the correct %. The best I can say is to just request a balcony room, or a longhouse where you know all the floors have balconies. I love Tahiti because it is out of the way and near the TTC AND both the 2nd and 3rd floors have balconies. So do Rapa Nui and Tokelau**. I can honestly say I did not feel the Poly looked dated at all. I love the grounds and the paths to meander on also.

I don't think I would have been happy at the WL in the end. JMHO. Good luck deciding!

mickeynut1
11-11-2008, 08:05 AM
We've stayed at both the WL and the Poly and we love them both for different reasons :goodvibes. But the Poly has an advantage (for us anyway) over the WL that the rooms are bigger and all rooms have a daybed.....which is great for having 2 teens that don't want to share a bed :laughing:. But really.....you can't go wrong with either resort as they are both beautiful :). But I do have to say that I agree with MickeyNicki that if you were going during the holidays the WL would be the way to go as it's just gorgeous all decorated :santa:. Good luck and have a great trip :wizard:.

IAMaGR8DISMOM
11-11-2008, 08:09 AM
Poly garden view. Make sure you request a balcony.

swald91
11-11-2008, 08:20 AM
We love the Poly...but htis upcoming trip we are trying the WL. I believe the 3rd floor rooms at the Poly have balconies. The 2nd floor have railings but no actual balconies. I think there is a building that does have them on the 2nd floor but can't remember which one. We prefer the 1st floor with patios. We go out & sit & last trip the kids played a bit on the grounds chasing bunnies & lizards!!! I am hoping we are going to like the WL-I am hoping to not be disappointed in the change...

Tarheel girl 1975
11-11-2008, 10:29 AM
I would just pick whichever theme you like better. There are some rooms at the Poly with no balcony, but there are plenty of garden view rooms that do have them. If your only request is for a balcony and you're flexible about your longhouse you probably have a good chance for getting one.

coastal01
11-11-2008, 12:07 PM
We have stayed at each place, and, I have to agree with most of these replies.... stay at the poly. The rooms have been updated and are larger than those at WL. You can't beat the transportation advantage.
Have fun!!!!

SplashMtnCrew
11-11-2008, 12:32 PM
We've stayed at WL woods view and courtyard, as a matter of fact we cancelled our WL CL stay and switched it to Poly garden view :cool1: You may not get a balcony at WL, you may get a patio instead, we've had both. We put in a request at Poly for a top floor room w/ a balcony, no guarantee on special requests of course, but we also requested 3 different longhouses to increase the chances of what we want.

KatMark
11-11-2008, 12:37 PM
I would pick Poly--we've done garden view and MK view and loved it. Have never stayed at WL and have no desire to (we've visited twice and that was enough for us).

WIDisneyFan
11-11-2008, 12:48 PM
We have stayed at, and really love both. That being said I would pick the Polynesian if the money is not an issue for you. My reasons why are....

1) The transportation is MUCH easier from the Polynesian
2) The rooms at the Polynesian are larger and provide lots of room to relax and unwind - a wonderful thing with kids
3) Rooms are amazing in their decor - while it may look old from the outside, the inside is simply amazing!

Kae
11-11-2008, 01:22 PM
We got a patio at Poly & Loved it. The rooms are way bigger at Poly. One of our favorite things about WL is the fact that everything is in one Building. WL is also a beautiful resort.

Kae

CR Resort Fan 4 Life
11-11-2008, 01:24 PM
I have stayed at both Resorts and while they have their major pluses I would go with the Polynesian, because overall I think it's a better Resort then the Wilderness Lodge and the transportation is a huge factor.

Polofan87
11-11-2008, 01:41 PM
Go with Poly! WL is way too noisy at night. You close the glass door and you still hear kids screaming at the pool. Poly has a nice quiet pool, great theme, and nice music while you walk around the resort.

itutorfortravel
11-11-2008, 03:45 PM
Sounds like the Poly wins!

We made our ressies online for the buy 4 get 3 promo for january...i would like to call to make the request for a balcony...which longhouses should i ask for? and what is the advantage to each? and will we have a nice view or be looking at a parking lot?

Thanks!:goodvibes