View Full Version : Two Questions...
11-11-2008, 07:24 AM
1) What time do you arrive at YYZ to get a 6:30 am flight? I know the standard time, but when you do actually get there?
2) Does anyone know if a 40% off pin code is able to be combined with the current promotions?
dancin Disney style
11-11-2008, 09:27 PM
1) 3 hours for international and 2 hours for domestic. You really do need this much time to check in, get through security and find the gate. Many of the carriers only have one check in line for ALL their flights. I've waited up to 50 minutes just to check in. Plus, remember that boarding begins approx 30 minutes before departure.
11-12-2008, 05:06 PM
1) I just doubled checked the airport website and it says that flights to the US should check in 2 hours prior to the flight.
I have left at 6:30 a.m. before and been to the airport by 4:15 a.m. The check-in counter was empty so that was nice. Just a note though, the gates to get through to security don't open until 5:00 a.m. (if I remember correctly) so that is just something to keep in mind.
2) Sorry.... don't know the answer to that one either.
Hope that helped a little!!
11-12-2008, 06:38 PM
You cannot combine the two discounts....nice try though!!! :goodvibes
11-12-2008, 07:08 PM
I suggest you check-in online. It is very simple and quick. With having done that, arriving at the airport 1 1/2 - 2 hours ahead is plenty of time from my experience.
11-13-2008, 09:36 AM
It really depends on the day of the week..if during the week - and in off season all you have to contend with is business travellers (usually)..then 1.5 hours is plenty of time..especially now with the more streamlined US security check in..
However - on weekends and during the busy time ie Fridays before holidays ( any time of day) Saturday and Sunday morning flights..I would still recommend at least 2 to 2.5 hours....
And the only time a pin code can be sort of combined is when you book through CAA ( if they can apply the code for you) and then you get the memeber discount - not really a combination but hey every dollar counts...
11-13-2008, 12:29 PM
the gates to get through to security don't open until 5:00 a.m. (if I remember correctly) so that is just something to keep in mind.
I think US Customs opens at 4:30am. At least it did a few years ago when we had a 6:00 am flight.
vBulletin® v3.8.4, Copyright ©2000-2013, Jelsoft Enterprises Ltd.