PDA

View Full Version : Upgrading resort after promo ends

jerseypixie
11-11-2008, 01:15 AM
Booked the new promo Friday with a 5 day waterpark & more ticket and had a few questions.

Can you upgrade your resort (from value to moderate) after a promo has ended, but before the final payment due date?

When you stay at a resort with a pool slide do you still go to the waterparks? Is it worth it to add the waterpark & more ticket?

TIA:)

mbanks21
11-11-2008, 01:56 AM
as long as its still available to can change resorts. Id say people still go to the waterparks, plus the waterpark option also gets you into disneyquest

EnnEss
11-11-2008, 03:20 PM
I tried to do this with free dining once, but the date passed to book the room and they said if i went to another hotel I'd lose the free dining. This could have been bad CM info. I dont know the answer.

Waterparks are great, you'll probably only have time for one in 5 days. If I went for five days I would not get the waterpark and more. You can visit one waterpark, or disneyquest, and pay out of pocket to do one and it'll be cheaper than having that option. You have to use that ticket's benefits twice to save money with it, 5 days is too short for me. Maybe you prefer less time in the parks though. I wouldnt go once to a waterpark if I had just five days. I definately wouldn't go twice.

The waterparks are really good though, the swim through lagoon snorkeling thing at Typhoon Lagoon and teh water slide roller coasters (you ride a doulbe or triple inner tube and there are really power jets of water that blast you up hills, like a roller coaster, instead of just going down the slide) there are a lot of fun for me. I'd still skip it on a 5 day trip. Kids might prioritize this a lot higher than me, but again it could be paid for out of pocket and still be cheaper if you just go once. The removal of PI (which i didnt love but visited often enough) made those tickets of a lot less value for me.

jerseypixie
11-11-2008, 04:52 PM
Thank you for the responses. We are vacationing for 8 days and I've added the no-expiration option to our tickets just in case we decided to go again for free dining.

mbanks21
11-11-2008, 05:00 PM
You do know even if you have nonexp tickets you still have to get at least a one day base for everyone to do free dining right?