PDA

View Full Version : Cap 'n Jacks - no lobster???

lilyfrog73
11-10-2008, 11:49 PM
The one request DH had was a nice sit down dinner with lobster. I had read somewhere that Cap 'n Jacks was the only place on the DDP that had it. I was just sitting down to finalize my ADR's and looking at menus on Allears and there isn't any lobster entrees on the menu. Am I missing something??:confused3

Tricia1972
11-11-2008, 04:57 AM
You are not missing anything. The lobster was removed from the menu on October 4 (give or take a day or two - but the 4th is what I am remembering off the top of my head)

I believe that Lobster is available yet at Fulton's and Narcoossee's.

BabyRN
11-11-2008, 05:41 AM
I don't see Fulton's listed as one of the restaurants that take DDP, but Narcoossee's does. It costs 2 TS meals though. Then again, I don't see Planet Hollywood listed either, but I know I used DDP there last April. I wonder if my list is not updated.

TDC Nala
11-11-2008, 05:50 AM
Fulton's does not accept DDP. Planet Hollywood does (it is not on the 2009 list yet because it is not owned by Disney). Never heard that they have lobster. Except for various appetizers that include lobster (California Grill had one for instance - but those can't be purchased with the regular dining plan, you must have the deluxe) the only DDP restaurant that currently serves lobster is Narcoosees - which is indeed a 2 credit restaurant.

Based on past years, I'd assume that Planet Hollywood is going to accept DDP in 2009 and Fulton's is not.

If you are not using DDP, you can also get lobster at Shula's and Bluezoo (both are at the Dolphin).

Cheshire Figment
11-11-2008, 07:38 AM
This is because it is a victim of the Basic Disney Dining Plan!

Unfortunately, many people on the DDP, whether they pay for it directly or paying a higher rate for their room and getting "free" dining, look to the highest price items on the menu. This is based either on the attitude of "I paid for it and can get whatever I want" or "as long as it's free, let's get the best items".

For example, at Le Cellier where is a $22.50 difference in price between the lowest price adult lunch entree and the highest price dinner entree. Each restaturant receives a fixed dollar amount credit for each meal sold under DDP. Each restaurant has to make a profit.

As food costs go up it takes more money to operate a restaurant.

So as things progress more and more of the higher end cost items will vanish.

The signature restaurants do not have so much of a problem as they get paid double the regular restaurants.

If they ever do away with the Basic DDP within about six months you will find a lot more high end selections at all the restaurants.

kristinlynn
11-11-2008, 10:19 AM
Doesn't the ches de france (that's upstairs right?) have Lobster?

TDC Nala
11-11-2008, 10:45 AM
Doesn't the ches de france (that's upstairs right?) have Lobster?

The upstairs is Bistro de Paris. They change their menu quite often. But even if they do end up with lobster on the menu, they don't participate in the dining plan.

There are, as has been noted in this thread, several places onsite to get a lobster dinner, but only Narcoosees accepts the dining plan.