PDA

View Full Version : What would you recommend?

nena
11-10-2008, 10:16 PM
We are going back to WDW in June. This will be our second trip. Last year we ate at Ohana's, Cinderella's Royal Table and Chef Mickey's!

Now that we are going back, what would you recommend?

I am also considering the Dining Plan? We are 2 Adults, 2 Children (11 and 7).

JPGonzales
11-10-2008, 10:38 PM
We love the Biergarten! We go every visit. Make sure you see the show.

Neesy228
11-10-2008, 10:44 PM
Not sure if your Princess is into Disney Princesses, but we had a great time at Akershus for lunch last trip. We had 5 princesses to meet, good food, good service. We also really enjoyed Crystal Palace for breakfast. Pooh and friends are there, but the food is excellent, so I wouldn't base my choice solely on the characters. Sci-fi is fun for the kids and pretty decent food as well!

Have a great trip!:goodvibes

nena
11-10-2008, 11:04 PM
DD7 is definately into Princesses. How is the Food at Biergarten? My kids are picky :(

eaj1228
11-10-2008, 11:12 PM
My family went to the Hoop Dee Doo. We all loved it and it was probably the high point of our trip. I think it would count as two table service credits on the dining plan. I think it is something that everyone should go to at least once.

ChelleinNC
11-11-2008, 07:03 AM
Just wanted to mention that on the DDP, you're actually a family of 3 adults and 1 child :eek:

CamColt
11-11-2008, 10:09 AM
Some of our favorites that I find us going back to again and again are Kona Cafe, Mama Melrose, and ESPN(sports fans paradise). For nicer meals, Yachtsman Steakhouse and CA Grill.

Like the poster above, I think the HDD, is great to be done at least once. :thumbsup2

SummerGirl
11-11-2008, 10:32 AM
Not sure if your Princess is into Disney Princesses, but we had a great time at Akershus for lunch last trip. We had 5 princesses to meet, good food, good service.

I 2nd that!!! We've ate there for both lunch & dinner, the food is good, the princesses are nice. It's a must-have for our next trip too, maybe breakfast this time.

SpoonfulofSugar
11-11-2008, 11:54 AM
My kids love to go to Coral Reef :goodvibes and watch the fish while we dine!!! I would also suggest Donald's Safari Breakfast, Beaches and Cream (at BC- no adr's here just walk up) and Crystal Palace.

shortchange1026
11-11-2008, 11:54 AM
We loved the Cape May Buffet Character breakfast at the Beach Club. Good food with a good variety, good service, good character interaction..right now it's Minnie, Donald and Goofy, dressed in beach clothes. Very cute..:)

nena
11-11-2008, 11:56 AM
Just wanted to mention that on the DDP, you're actually a family of 3 adults and 1 child :eek:

I know. I think that is why I am debating the Dining Plan. Maybe I will just wait and go when they offer FREE Dining. I am sure it wont be this trip.

I was reading the Menu for Ohana's Breakfast and I really liked it. But now I am debating that or Chef Mickey's. There are too many decisions.:confused3

RllngRckBrw
11-11-2008, 06:39 PM
The dining plan may not save you a ton of money, but it rarely works out as a loss. We like it because we get to eat at a CS every day and that helps us to get some time to sit and relax in the middle of a busy day. The one issue you may run into is wether your kids get benefit from it. Your DS11 will need to get the adult plan and if the do not eat those things or ammount it may not be worth it.

Anyway here are our standards.

50's Cafe (Great atmosphere. Very good but basic food.)

Spoodles (Out of the way a bit but the food is always good and it is nice to walk the boardwalk before or after)

Crystal Palace (Good buffet and the best food in MK, along with Pooh and friends)

Chef Mickey's (Again a good buffet, and the character interaction is a good bonus)

Wolfgang Puck Cafe (Dated atmosphere but good food with a unique twist.)

San Angel (The atmosphere is cool here and even if you do not eat here because it is only for those who like Mexican, go in to the market area to see the atmosphere.)

SummerGirl
11-11-2008, 08:02 PM
San Angel (The atmosphere is cool here and even if you do not eat here because it is only for those who like Mexican, go in to the market area to see the atmosphere.)

So, is the San Angel good? I've read so many mixed reviews I'm confused on what to do. :confused3 My family LOVES Mexican food, and half way through our last trip we thought we would have to take a taxi just to satisfy the craving.

MJMcBride
11-11-2008, 09:28 PM
Boma, San Angel Inn, Whsipering canyon Cafe, Kona Cafe, Chefs de France

and yes, the San Angel is good IMO, but others very much disagree

blueeyesrnc
11-11-2008, 09:49 PM
My DD10 and I loved Boma's, Jiko's, 50's Prime Time, Sci Fi, Corral Reef, Chefs De France. Good hunting...

tlriv5
11-12-2008, 02:15 PM
Our family favorites after two trips:

Whispering Canyon Cafe (been 2 times and would go again)
Sci-Fi (pleasantly surprised after all the bad reviews)
Coral Reef
Chef Mickey's
Crystal Palace dinners for CP and CM
50's Primetime Cafe
Ohana breakfast