PDA

View Full Version : How will you/did you decorate your room for the Holidays?

princessjv
11-10-2008, 10:05 PM
We leave in just over 2 weeks and I am in the home stretch with our planning. I's love to hear & see pictures of how people decorate their room and doors for the Holidays. We are staying 10 nights, also celebrating my dd's 4th b-day and really want to add a special touch for our special holiday trip.

debbiepump
11-11-2008, 07:58 AM
We go every year to see the decorations and enjoy how folks decorate their baclony's just about as much as the parks. We've seen one family with their stockings hung on their door (sooo cute) and garland, lights and bows on the balcony railings. I've read somewhere not supposed to do that, but Disney looks the other way. Last year I requested at BCV a room with a view of the fireworks. I lugged my decorations in my suitcase all the way fom Seattle for the balcony-well........our room was at the end of the building, no one could of seen a thing, so a waste of my hauling AND every night when the fireworks would go off, it sounded as if we were in a war zone!!! Caution about what you wish for!! If you do any lights, bring along an extension cord. For your daughters birthday, make sure that Disney knows that. My sis (60 years old), not only got her birthday button to wear, on her birthday there was a card from Mickey and friends and balloons hanging on our door handle! There is also a website disneyflorist.com that has some really cute stuff you can order.

daisyduck123
11-11-2008, 09:40 AM
We had Feralpeg ( a woman here on the DIS) come in & decorate & set up a Xmas tree. She ran her own business & did a great job. She now works for the Disney Florist.

pilferk
11-11-2008, 10:39 AM
We're going to set up a 3 foot xmas tree (which we haven't decided if we're bringing or buying), and bring along some other holiday "accents" for our 1BR at AKV. We haven't decided on window clings or not....but are leaning toward "not" after some of the stories we've heard on the DIS (fees being assessed, etc).