PDA

View Full Version : cabin & ft wilderness questions

twojo21
11-10-2008, 06:49 PM
hi there, february will be our first time at ft wilderness & were super excited. anyways is the bathroom in the cabins accessible from the main area or only the bedroom? is the pool heated year round? can you comfortably go swimming the end of february? any experiences at mickeys backyard bbq? is the buffet year round? how good is the transportation?

stampin_fool
11-10-2008, 06:58 PM
The bathroom is in the hallway right before the bedroom. I beleive that the pools are heated year round. I have not been in February so I don't know if it will be warm enough to swim. The transportation was alright the last time we used it. We like to take the boat to MK. The last time we were there we were coming back from Wilderness Lodge and the captain of the boat let my son drive the boat, it was a highlight of our trip. Totally unexpected and my son was so proud of himself. Sorry for getting off topic.

Ronda

bama_ed
11-10-2008, 07:13 PM
hi there, february will be our first time at ft wilderness & were super excited. anyways is the bathroom in the cabins accessible from the main area or only the bedroom? is the pool heated year round? can you comfortably go swimming the end of february? any experiences at mickeys backyard bbq? is the buffet year round? how good is the transportation?

Ditto the bathroom off the hallway between the living room/kitchen area of the cabins and the back bedroom with the double and the bunk bed. Pools are heated but the main pool is supposedly scheduled for renovation beginning early next year but the smaller pool over by the cabins may be available. Both are basic but hopefully the refurb will improve the main pool. Mickey's BBQ is country music, line dancing, and character visits (although I don't think they come out into the crowd). The buffet at Trail's End is all year long at night for dinner but lunch is more "soup-and-sandwich" than it used to be from what it sounds. We took the boat to the MK and drove to any other parks; your FW pass gets you in to all Disney theme park parking lots without having to pay. The Disney busses will get you anywhere but not very quickly. The internal buses at the Fort we rarely used. We walk or ride bikes. Others rent the golf carts but at $50+ per day I say ":eek: ".

The great thing about the Fort to me is that you can relax while you're on vacation. Save a day from the parks to enjoy the Fort. Walk to the Meadows Trading Post for an early cup of coffee while the air is still crisp and cool. Rent a canoe and paddle the canals. The mallard ducks like to visit the main pool even while humans are there! And the campfire/singalong is nostalgic. If you don't have marshmellows and a stick you can buy them there reasonably priced.

Enjoy your visit!

Bama ED:surfweb:

Pirate-Jeff
11-10-2008, 07:50 PM
Mickey's Backyard BBQ is Seasonal

It may not be open in Feb. Call 407-WDW-DINE for the Dates of operation.

The Pool is heated to 83/deg. Swimming in Feb is hit and miss. Temps could be in the 50's or 80's you never know.

Trails end is open all year. The Soup and Sandwich lunch is gone from Trails End. The hot lunch is back.

The Trans system is better than most cities. Study how the system works and you will do fine. Know how it works before you get there. both the FTW internal bus system and the WDW Trans system.

twojo21
11-11-2008, 01:51 PM
how do i find out more info the on internal bus system? also does anyone know the refurb dates for ft wildness?

thanks for all your help :goodvibes

BradyBz12
11-11-2008, 02:55 PM
does anyone know the refurb dates for ft wildness?

They're still working on the campsite refurbs (not sure how many loops are left) but that shouldn't effect the cabins at all.

Main pool refurb is rumored to start in Jan, but I haven't seen any concrete dates/info. on that.

Pirate-Jeff
11-11-2008, 05:49 PM
Here is the FTW map.
http://www.wdwinfo.com/maps/FWMap.pdf
The changes are the buses for DTD, Epcot, Hollywood Studios and Animal Kingdom all leave from the Outpost depot now

also read this thread
http://www.disboards.com/showthread.php?t=1818140