PDA

View Full Version : What is your favorite counter service at WDW?

nikkers
11-10-2008, 04:01 PM
Hi everyone! Please help me pick some great counter service places for our trip. It will be me, DH, DS (5), DD (2 1/2). What is your favorite counter service place at WDW? Where is it located? And what is your favorite thing to get there?
Thanks for your help! :thumbsup2

karapp75
11-10-2008, 04:29 PM
Pecos Bill in frontier land. We love the fixings bar. The other place my kids loved was pinocchio village house in fantasyland. There are 3 tables that overlook It's a small World and they loved waving to the people in the boats.

mbakun
11-10-2008, 04:51 PM
You would never know it, but Wolfgang Puck Express in Downtown Disney is counter service on the DDP. You can get lasagna, pot roast, chicken, fancy desserts, etc. You order at the counter and they bring your food to you. It is great, and if you are on the dining plan it only counts as a counter service. Good Luck!

tortoni
11-10-2008, 04:56 PM
Sunshine Seasons in the Land is a great place, lots of variety and the food is good. Desserts are also yummy.

TifffanyD
11-10-2008, 05:15 PM
either Columbia Harbour House in the MK (get the fish and chicken combo) or the POP foodcourt (get the penne pasta with parmesan crusted chicken and alfredo sauce). Yum! Hard to pick between the 2 but at POP I can get a sundae for dessert and CHH's desserts aren't so great

twinklebug
11-10-2008, 05:24 PM
Sunshine Seasons in the Land is a great place, lots of variety and the food is good. Desserts are also yummy.

:thumbsup2

I feel like Sunshine Seasons offers the most variety, best service and cleanest environment of all the in-park CS places I've been to in WDW. Great place to chill and wait to meet up with family too as you have two rides, a show and ... not sure if it's still there... the toll house cookie kitchen for the kids.

EpcotSweetHrts0512
11-10-2008, 05:28 PM

Sunshine Seasons wins for us hands down! I also get the rotisserie chicken with some yummy sides! :thumbsup2

MinnieVanMom
11-10-2008, 05:40 PM
Another vote for Sunshine Seasons for the variety and fresh veggies.

ClarabelleCowFan
11-10-2008, 06:05 PM
Pepper Market at the Coronado Springs. Where else can you get a ribeye steak for a CS credit? :thumbsup2 We go several times during our trip. Great variety for everyone!

Clotho
11-10-2008, 06:15 PM
Another vote for Sunshine Seasons for variety and freshness. A close second is Columbia Harbor House, which while having less variety, has great quality and love the location and lots of space to sit down in some quiet (upstairs)!

Shmily1
11-10-2008, 07:25 PM
Since you have younger children, I would suggest Cosmic Ray's at MK. There are a lot of different foods there and the "show" is pretty good to the little ones.

catho72
11-10-2008, 07:30 PM
In a park, our favorite CS is Pinnochio Village Haus because it overlooks IASW. At a resort, we really like the food court at Port Orleans Riverside. There are many options to choose. At DTD, we loved Earl of Sandwich. All three places are reviewed here: http://www.disboards.com/showthread.php?t=1968637

DonaldTDuck
11-10-2008, 07:34 PM
Flame Tree Barbecue at Animal Kingdom is my favorite. The ribs are as good as any TS has. And the Safari Ale makes the heat of the park melt away.

blanq
11-10-2008, 07:35 PM
WGP Express in DTD is our families favorite CS location because the menu is so varied and not your typical fast food fare. The pizzas here are really good, as are the salads! The chicken with garlic mashed potatoes is also quite good. DS loves the quesadilla.

gigi1313
11-10-2008, 08:01 PM
my favorite counter service is the one i'm closest to when i get hungry!

that being said... we've enjoyed some good meals (b'fast and lunch) at the main street bakery... my kids would say casey's... sunshine seasons is awesome w/amazing variety... we like the foodcourts at the value resorts...

Laugh O. Grams
11-10-2008, 08:05 PM
Flame Tree Barbecue at Animal Kingdom is my favorite. The ribs are as good as any TS has. And the Safari Ale makes the heat of the park melt away.

Ditto...

Ctsplaysinrain
11-10-2008, 08:10 PM
I don't know if I have a favorite but we HATE Cosmic Ray's... By the time, you get in all the different lines and sections to get the food- someone's is cold and it just takes so long.. This summer, we had to wait in one line to get adult chicken strips but a totally different one to get kids nuggets and maybe even a third one to get a burger... All I know that I was totally frazzled by then- really hard to do with just ONE adult and 2 children.

nikkers
11-10-2008, 08:55 PM
I love all of the suggestions. :thumbsup2 Thanks everyone. I have started a list. I am hoping to avoid chicken strips, hot dogs and french fries. We have some character meal's scheduled. And I know that is what they will pick. At least my DS (5). He is so picky. :confused:

nikkers
11-11-2008, 08:10 PM
Bumping. Hoping to get some more suggestions. Thanks! :banana:

dancin Disney style
11-11-2008, 08:58 PM
Our must do is Earl of Sandwich at DTD. We go at least twice every trip. My fav is the 'American' it has turkey, cheddar, mayo and cranberries. The tomato soup is also really good. We have found this to be, possibly, the last place you can still share a meal.

We also liked Pizzafari at AK. The ceasar salad and bread sticks was really fresh and tasty.

kato0627
11-11-2008, 09:37 PM
Yak and Yeti at AK is really good for CS. The portions are huge, and the food is really fresh.
MK I'd have to chose ~Peco Bills or Columbia Harbor House.
Epcot~ I'd pick either the Land (not sure if that is the name) or America.
The food is basic in America but it is never ever crowded!!
DHS~ none!!! I really don't like any of the places here for CS.
DTD~For sure Wolfgang Puck Express. LOVE it there.

Have fun planning

KatMark
11-11-2008, 09:40 PM
Our new favorite is Cosmic Rays in Tomorrowland at the Magic Kingdom. My DH LOVEd the turkey wrap and I thought the pulled barbecue pork sandwich was very good, and loved the kettle chips that came with it.

ADP
11-11-2008, 09:44 PM
Sunshine Seasons in EPCOT
Pecos Bill - Magic Kingdom

CR Resort Fan 4 Life
11-11-2008, 10:59 PM
Magic Kingdom: Cosmic Ray's Starlight Cafe.

Epcot: Electric Umbrella.

Hollywood Studios: ABC Commissary.

Animal Kingdom: Flame Tree Barbecue & Pizzafari.

Downtown Disney Marketplace: Earl of Sandwich.

Grand Floridian: Gasparilla's Grill & Games.

robinb
11-11-2008, 11:05 PM
My #1 Favorite if you're on the Disney Dining Plan is The Pepper Market at Coronado Springs. You get a lot of "bang for your buck" with entrees like steak and grilled tuna. Yum!

My #2 CS is Sunshine Seasons in Epcot. It has really good, fresh food.

Amy&Dan
11-11-2008, 11:35 PM
MK: Pecos Bills and Columbia Harbor House. Cosmic Rays is great if everybody wants the same thing. Because that mulitple line thing is a pita if you have kids and its crowded! But I love their pulled pork sandwich and it comes with these delicious chips.

Epcot: Yakitori House (Japan), San Angel Cantina, Sunshine Seasons

DHS: ABC Commissary (love the Cuban sandwiches), Rosie's is not bad for a burger.

AK: Pizzafari, Flame Tree BBQ. I also like Yak and Yeti, but the seating is limited and if its hot forget it, there's very little shade.

DTD: Wolgang Puck's Express. This is my favorite cs in all of WDW. It is so good, they bring you the food on real plates and refill your drinks for you. If you are on the DDP this is the best deal. If you are off the DDP, its still a very good deal for what you get. And large portions that can be shared. We also enjoy the Earl of Sandwich very much and its very reasonable.

I also love Artist's Palette at Saratoga Springs and value food courts, Pop Century's in particular. And the Pepper Market at CSR is incredible. If you are on the DDP, this is another incredible deal for your cs credits.

sunny_stace
11-12-2008, 12:14 AM
MK - Cosmic Rays - standard food but I love Sunny Eclipse!/Main Street Bakery - yummy breakfasts!
AK - Pizzafari - good breadsticks!
DHS - Pizza Planet - best Disney pizza I've had so far!
Epcot - Sunshine Seasons - good selection!
DTD - Wolfgang Puck - great food!
Resort - Sassagoula (POFQ) - beignets!

Castillo Mom
11-12-2008, 12:30 AM
1. Wolfgang Puck Express

2. Columbia Harbour House

3. Sunshine Seasons

4. Flame Tree Barbeque

DisneyDork712
11-12-2008, 12:34 AM
Another vote for Seasons. I've never been disappointed with anything that I've tried there. :thumbsup2

nikkers
11-12-2008, 01:58 PM
It sounds like Sunshine Seasons it a must do.

nboicepardee
11-12-2008, 02:24 PM

I love this counter service. I always get the chicken and it is a huge portion! When it is the four of us (2 adults, 2 children) we usually get two chicken meals and an order of french fries and have plenty.

Have fun!

glenpreece
11-12-2008, 02:35 PM
Earl Of Sandwich!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!

tlriv5
11-12-2008, 02:50 PM
MK ~ we enjoy sharing the chicken and ribs at Cosmic Rays and I we enjoyed Columbia Harbour House

AK ~ Yak and Yeti was very yummy!!

Epcot ~ we really enjoyed Tangierine Cafe would love to have tried more here!

walt's assistant
11-12-2008, 03:02 PM
MK: Columbia Harbor House...a long time favorite of ours.

Epcot: Yakitori House and San Angel Cantina...we love eating international foods and these two are among the best in WS.

DHS: ABC Commissary and Pizza Planet...DW and I like ABC Commissary, whilst DD and DS prefer PP. Go figure!

AK: Flame Tree BBQ...delicious!

:figment:

perriwinkleblue
11-12-2008, 04:25 PM
For CS, here are my picks:

MK - Columbia Harbor House. Upstairs seating is nice and quiet. My favorite here is the tuna on multigrain bread and the veggie chili. They also have fish and chips and chicken nuggets.
EPCOT - Sunshine Seasons inside the Land: a food court with nice choices. Also worth noting; an actual bakery counter with great desserts. :banana:
HS - Starring Rolls which has nice big sandwiches and a little outdoor patio.
AK - Pizzafari: IMO, the food is always tasty: pizza, chicken parm, Italian sub, and caesar salad w/chicken. The atmosphere is fun and colorful. I love the murals on the walls and the carved animals. If you go, check out all of the rooms.

Good luck and have a nice trip!:goodvibes

dbk1029
11-12-2008, 04:41 PM
Pecos Bill's at MK followed by Wolfgang Puck Express at DTD.

LVSWL
11-12-2008, 08:13 PM
We like pizzafari in AK, Cosmic Rays and Columbia Harbour House in MK,
the ff in Morrocco in Epcot, and Rosies(I think that is the name) in DHS. Also, like a PP said, the ff at Port Orleans Riverside is good, especially at breakfast.:)

jandj524
11-12-2008, 08:27 PM
Earl of Sandwich in the Marketplace
Cosmic Rays in MK
The Artist's Palette at Saratoga Springs Resort
Flame Tree BBQ in AK

kpatcamp
11-12-2008, 08:41 PM
Thanks so much for all the great info!!

:goodvibes

caroline1851
11-12-2008, 08:46 PM
Wolfgang Puck Express.

I got the 4 cheese macaroni-awesome. I also got the pizza that was...maybe...vegetarian... awesome!!!!!

nikkers
11-13-2008, 09:19 AM
Thank you all for such great suggestions! :thumbsup2

VAN
11-13-2008, 12:53 PM
Wolf Gang Puck Express at DTD. The next favorite would be Earl of Sandwich, also at DTD.

NHTikiBeckie
11-13-2008, 01:02 PM
MK - Cosmic Rays
AK - Pizzafari
DS - No good ones here, IMO
Epcot - Sunshine Seasons, we like Electric Umbrella and ALL the places in WS, too.

Disney Dreamin
11-13-2008, 01:06 PM
MK Pecos Bills
AK Flame Tree BBQ
HS No Comment
Epcot Sunshine Seasons

Favorite Snack.......DOLE WHIP FLOAT! 27 days and counting!

KimK2006
11-13-2008, 01:07 PM
AK: Pizzafari - LOVE the italian sandwiches!
Epcot: Yakitori House - my DD13 would eat here every night
DTD: Earl of Sandwich

We don't have any "have to eat" places at MK or HS.

Jamian
11-13-2008, 02:37 PM
Sunshine Seasons (Epcot)
Flame Tree BBQ (AK)
Artist's Palette (SSR)
Earl Of Sandwich (DTD)
Wolfgang Puck (DTD)

nikkers
11-14-2008, 02:36 PM
AK: Pizzafari - LOVE the italian sandwiches!
Epcot: Yakitori House - my DD13 would eat here every night
DTD: Earl of Sandwich

We don't have any "have to eat" places at MK or HS.

I just checked out the menu for Yakitori House. Yummy!

nikkers
11-14-2008, 02:38 PM
A lot of people seem to really enjoy the Pepper Market. Can anyone tell me is it easy to get to from MK?

Clotho
11-14-2008, 03:47 PM
A lot of people seem to really enjoy the Pepper Market. Can anyone tell me is it easy to get to from MK?

Just hop a resort bus to Coronado Springs. If that sounds like worth your time (to get on a bus to visit another resort for its Counter Service restaurant), ti shouldn't be too bad. I wouldn't bother, personally, unless I was going to the resort for another reason.

dtr_angel
11-14-2008, 05:43 PM
thanks for all the reviews, we have so many new places to try when we go back in March!

My favorite CS from last trip were Casey's in the MK and the Pop Century food court.

chocovrdmicears
11-14-2008, 05:50 PM
Just hop a resort bus to Coronado Springs. If that sounds like worth your time (to get on a bus to visit another resort for its Counter Service restaurant), ti shouldn't be too bad. I wouldn't bother, personally, unless I was going to the resort for another reason.

I wouldn't make a special trip over. It does offer a lot more choices than the average counter service..but it is usually very crowded. We stayed at CSR and the lines to get your food took quite a while...in the week we were there we never managed to eat together:sad2: .It would take up a lot of your time. (if that matters to you.):)

HollVoll
11-14-2008, 05:54 PM

Yet another thumbs up for Sunshine Seasons. (We also loved the Garden Grill which is a table service upstairs from it.)

chocovrdmicears
11-14-2008, 06:19 PM
Our faves:

Flame Tree BBQ (AK)
Sunshine Seasons (Epcot)
Morocco CS (the name escapes me right now. :rolleyes1 )
Cosmic Rays (MK)
Earl of Sandwhich (DTD)

ZoZo
11-14-2008, 06:24 PM
Sunshine Seasons - rotisserie chicken, mashed potatoes, and veggies. Their caesar salad is also good, as is the chocolate chip muffins in the bakery section.

Columbia Harbor House - Tuna sandwich

Fish and chips window at Epcot (by Rose and Crown pub) - fish and chips

Casey's Hot Dogs -- the mini corn dogs

Wolfgang Puck Express - chicken quesadilla

mhmcduff
11-14-2008, 06:26 PM
Artist's Palette at SSR- really good salads and flatbreads!!
and Norway- sandwiches and desserts are great!!!
I also from this want to try Pecos Bills!

nikkers
11-15-2008, 12:27 PM

I wouldn't make a special trip over. It does offer a lot more choices than the average counter service..but it is usually very crowded. We stayed at CSR and the lines to get your food took quite a while...in the week we were there we never managed to eat together:sad2: .It would take up a lot of your time. (if that matters to you.):)

Thanks for the reply. Good to know it isn't worth going out of our way. :)

JerseyJanice
11-15-2008, 02:41 PM
Favorite in each park:

MK-Cosmic Ray's (Chicken and rib combo on the DDP is an outstanding deal.)
Epcot-Sommerfest in Germany, Tangerine in Morocco or Yakitori in Italy.
AK-Pizzafari for the hot Italian sandwich. Yum!
DHS-Haven't found one we love for meals. The fresh churros we got for snacks (somewhere near the Lights, Motors show) were great and we loved the SciFi Dine-In for lunch. If paying OOP and your family sticks to ordering burgers (which are fantastic), it won't cost much more than a CS.

Fantasmiss
11-15-2008, 02:57 PM
Cosmic Ray's is my favourite too!!!!

Since you have younger children, I would suggest Cosmic Ray's at MK. There are a lot of different foods there and the "show" is pretty good to the little ones.

ajsrph
11-15-2008, 05:48 PM
Our must do is Earl of Sandwich at DTD. We go at least twice every trip. My fav is the 'American' it has turkey, cheddar, mayo and cranberries. The tomato soup is also really good. We have found this to be, possibly, the last place you can still share a meal.

We also liked Pizzafari at AK. The ceasar salad and bread sticks was really fresh and tasty.

Ditto on both of these. I have to say, I think EoS has THE best pb & j I have ever had. (I had what DS5 didn't finish!) Yum! All of us enjoyed our sandwiches there, and we each had something different. I think DS7 had the grilled cheese, and again, best I've ever tasted. (I don't eat grilled cheese that often, but still.) :)

DisCopper
11-15-2008, 06:20 PM
Yakitori House at Japan (It's pretty generic, but it's always very quiet and pretty good).

DanaAustinChelsea
11-15-2008, 06:32 PM
Our fav's are:
DTD- Wolfgang Puck Express
MK-Casey's Hot Dogs-the best hot dogs! Not like any other we tried in WDW
EP-Sunshine Seasons
AK-Flame Tree BBQ
DHS-Pizza Planet

POP Century food court

pixeydust
11-15-2008, 06:32 PM
Had a hard time picking just one favorite!

MK: Love Pecos Bill's, they have a wonderful fixings bar; turkey legs and cheese pretzels at the launching pad; Columbia Harbour House, the Anchors Aweigh tuna sandwich and Lighthouse hummus sandwich. We used to love the chicken strips, but now that they're nuggets they are all bread and very little chicken, not as healthy; Pinocchio Village Haus, the pizza combo and figaro fries to share. :earboy2:

AK: Flame Tree BBQ, the smoked 1/2 chicken plate, smoked chicken sandwich and the fruit plate; Pizzafari, pizza and salad, chicken parmesan sandwich and the breadsticks with marinara. :upsidedow

DHS: ABC Commissary, the chicken curry and Cuban sandwich; Rosie's All American Cafe, the veggie burger and fries; Min and Bill's Dockside, spicy cheese stuffed pretzel and the apple cinnamon stuffed dessert pretzel :love:

EP: Sunshine Seasons, grilled salmon, the Asian plate with sides, cuban sandwich and the turkey and muenster cheese on foccacia; Cantina de San Angel, the wet burrito plate, chicken tacos and the Mexican salad in the flour tortilla; Tangierine Cafe, the veggie plate, chicken shwarma, falafel sandwich; Yorkshire County Fish Shop, the fish and chips of course! :goodvibes

FOTM_Ring_Bearer
11-15-2008, 07:00 PM
I couldn't just pick one.

MK: Columbia Harbour House
Epcot : Yakitori House, Sunshine Seasons, Yorkshire Fish Shop and the Cantina de San Angel

MJMcBride
11-15-2008, 11:00 PM
my favorites are the Flame Tree BBQ, the Cantina in Mexico, Sunshine Seasons, Pizzafari, Cosmic Rays, Earl of Sandwich

dancin Disney style
11-16-2008, 10:50 AM
Ditto on both of these. I have to say, I think EoS has THE best pb & j I have ever had. (I had what DS5 didn't finish!) Yum! All of us enjoyed our sandwiches there, and we each had something different. I think DS7 had the grilled cheese, and again, best I've ever tasted. (I don't eat grilled cheese that often, but still.) :)

The grilled cheese is awesome.....it's a ton of REAL cheddar. You can order the kids grilled cheeese and it's only about $4. Bonus.....it's the same size as the regular sandwiches.

Cookie Princess
11-16-2008, 01:54 PM
We enjoy:

Cosmic Ray's
Sunshine Seasons
Pizzafari
Earl of Sandwich
Wolfgang Puck Express
Main St. Bakery for breakfast items

almckean
11-16-2008, 06:17 PM
Our favorite is the Tangerine Cafe in Morocco. DS gets the burger and hub and I get some sort of combo platter which is very good.

Amy

nikkers
11-16-2008, 08:12 PM
What is the "show" at Cosmic Rays?

perriwinkleblue
11-16-2008, 11:53 PM
What is the "show" at Cosmic Rays?

Cosmic Rays has "Sunny Eclipse", an audio-animatronic alien lounge singer who puts on a show while you eat. When we were there last, they also had hula-hoops for the kids to play with.

nikkers
11-17-2008, 09:10 AM
Cosmic Rays has "Sunny Eclipse", an audio-animatronic alien lounge singer who puts on a show while you eat. When we were there last, they also had hula-hoops for the kids to play with.

Thank you!

CastleLight
12-10-2008, 04:01 PM
:thumbsup2

wellesleyprincess
12-10-2008, 07:35 PM
Out of the parks Pepper Market

In the parks (I'm probably going to get flamed for this) ABC Comissary, we like that it's not burgers, that it's air conditioned with plenty of seating and we've always had good service