PDA

View Full Version : Poly/ Bus question

MHSweb79
11-10-2008, 01:27 PM
I've read a lot of complaints about the Poly resort buses to AK and the Studios, with people citing waits of 45 minutes or so. Would it be faster walk to the TTC and pick up a bus from there to AK or the Studios instead of waiting at the Poly bus stop?
Or, could you hop the monorail over to the GF and wait at their resort bus stop? :rolleyes1

decker96
11-10-2008, 02:14 PM
Is the 45 minutes total time to get to the park or waiting 45 minutes for a bus just to get there? We have stayed at the Poly twice and never had an issue with the busses. :confused3 The longest we waited at the bus stop was about 15 minutes, but that was only one time, it was usually shorter. If it's 45 minutes total travel time, it's possible because we shared busses with the Contemporary both trips. And when going to AK, they stop at the water park first.

Tam1067
11-10-2008, 03:18 PM
We've stayed at the Poly three times, most recently the first week of August this year. We have never had a 45 minute wait for a bus there. The most we've waited has been 15 or so minutes.

MHSweb79
11-10-2008, 03:53 PM
The buses on the other hand are horrible at this hotel. I don't blame the hotel, I blame the buses. No matter what park we were going to (AK, HS, DD) we waited at least 45 minutes, sometimes longer. The bus system needs to be updated. Hence, that's why we ended up at MK and EP most of our trip - hahaha.

This is from a recent Allears.net review of the Poly. I will also say that on our last trip (staying at POFQ) we had a character breakfast at O'Hana, then went outside to catch a bus to AK. We waited quite awhile, and there was a large angry mob who had been waiting at least a half hour before us. One woman was on her cell phone, yelling at a Poly manager about waiting over 45 minutes and no bus yet. Finally, a bus came but there were way too many people for us to fit on it, plus I didn't want to risk my life and the life of my family by cutting in front of someone (did I mention they were angry?) so we hopped over to the GF on the monorail and a bus came right away.
So my original question stands - can you get a bus to AK and/or Studios from the TTC?

John's Mom
11-10-2008, 05:33 PM
You can walk to the TTC and get a direct bus to the AK and Hollywood Studios.

MHSweb79
11-11-2008, 08:07 AM
Thanks, John'sMom! That's what I wanted to know.
I guess I'll try the regular Poly bus stop and hope for the best, but if we seem to run into frequent delays I'll know my options. It's really only an issue when trying to get to AK, since the day is so short there.

CR Resort Fan 4 Life
11-11-2008, 12:25 PM
When it comes to the Polynesian buses they will always share bus service with the Contemporary and sometimes the Grand Floridian. Also the Contemporary is the going to be the 1st stop for guests being picked up and dropped off, which means the Polynesian will be the 2nd stop. Also if you wanted to visit Downtown Disney there are no direct buses to there from the TTC, so you would either wait for the bus at the Polynesian or get a taxi.