PDA

View Full Version : Driving to buses??

29apr00
11-10-2008, 02:18 PM
You can drive your car back to the cabins, correct? And park there? So then rather than waiting for the inner-resort buses to the settlement and trading post, can you just drive there and park? Seems like 1 less bus would be great, espically with strollers.

Thanks!

Thumper_ehhhhh
11-10-2008, 02:25 PM
You can if the bus you looking for leaves from the parking lot. Some leave from the settlement area. We drive to all the parks except Magic Kingdom we use the boat for that. Strollers and busses and all the stuff you have to take out just didnt work for us.

ynottony99
11-10-2008, 02:34 PM
As stated, you can drive to the Outpost and leave your car there. There is no parking at all at the Settlement. There is limited parking at the Meadow Trading Post. Internal use of automobiles is not too practical.

Once everyone is in the car to get to the Outpost, I would chose to drive on to the park. Your parking pass for FW includes parking at the theme parks.

29apr00
11-10-2008, 03:19 PM
Your parking pass for FW includes parking at the theme parks.

Really? I didn't know that! that does make a big difference.

LarryJ
11-10-2008, 03:40 PM
You can if the bus you looking for leaves from the parking lot. Some leave from the settlement area. We drive to all the parks except Magic Kingdom we use the boat for that. Strollers and busses and all the stuff you have to take out just didnt work for us.

I think now the only bus that leaves from the settlement is the one to WL and not sure how often than one runs.

In the past we mainly used the WDW transportation system, but this time we are driving to all the parks except MK. The quickest way or seems to be the following.

To get to any of other parks, exit FW an turn left. At first SL (Bonnet Creek Parkway) take a right. Up aways you will see a sign saying All Theme Parks turn right. For AK and EPCOT do that. For MGM keep going till Bonnet Creek ends and turn right and go down and turn left into MGM. From MGM do the reverse. When coming back from either AK or EPCOT take the exit that says "OLD KEY WEST" and turn left onto Bonnet Creek (you will see the OKW DVC billboard on the left (sort of hard to see since it's a little back in the trees).

I think I got all that right, but if not I claim the FIFTH :lmao:

Larry