PDA

View Full Version : Does anyone call and confirm?

LovinPooh
11-10-2008, 12:44 PM
I really hate to irritate CMs, but I am wondering if anyone else calls and confirms their dining?
I am just a worrier is all.:laughing:

Yen Sid
11-10-2008, 12:48 PM
We don't call to confirm but after you get a reservation write down the confirmation and have it with you when you go to the restaurant, this is what we do. there was one time they did have us written down but we showed them the confirmation and then we got in.

DLBDS
11-10-2008, 01:31 PM
I usually call the week before we arrive to make sure all ADRs are correct. CMs have never made me feel like I was wasting their time. I don't think they really care.;) Definitely write down ALL confirmation numbers!!

FSUSammy
11-10-2008, 01:38 PM
We didn't call last time and were fine but after hearing some problems on this board especially with the new system I probably will call to confirm this time.

ArielRae
11-10-2008, 01:57 PM
We call and check on ours. You have to hope that when they make your ADRs and also check on them that they clear their screen before the next call cause if they don't whatever you had will be deleted. When you check on them later they will tell you that you asked for it to be canceled on such and such date and it is usually the same day you made them. That tells you the CM did not clear their screen before making new ADRs for the next person after you. This is bad cause there is no way to get that reservation back as they think you canceled it so you have to try and make a new reservation. I know this from experience. It doesn't matter if you have a reservation number if they say you ask to have a reservation deleted. :sad2:

fallen_angel727
11-10-2008, 02:10 PM
I plan on calling a week or 2 before we leave to confirm our reservations. Enough time to somewho get them back incase they are lost :rotfl2:

ROEDISNEY
11-10-2008, 02:15 PM
I always do. It makes me feel better.

Traveliz
11-10-2008, 02:18 PM
Nope never -- I have read all these posts where people do this only to find something is wrong and they have lost the reservation - so they are ticked off and are not able to eat where they had reservations.

Instead I write down my confirmations, take them with me, and that is that. I have had several occasions when I have arrived at the restaurant and had them tell me the reservation was cancelled or whatever and I just show them my confirmation numbers, time, etc and tell them it wasn't me who cancelled. I have always been seated.

Liz

SnowWtch
11-10-2008, 02:23 PM
Definitely. I'd be really nervous if I didn't call and confirm things. I keep ledgers of who I talked to, what time and when I called for when I make the ressie and when I call to confirm.

OKW Lover
11-10-2008, 04:51 PM
Never confirmed, never had a problem. That's after at least 50 visits with ADR's.

HonnyDipp
11-10-2008, 06:34 PM
I called, I called last week. My money has been spent, so if I have any questions regarding my reservations and ADR's, I have no problem picking up the phone and calling.

dburg30
11-10-2008, 06:55 PM
I dont like suprises, I call and check them.