PDA

View Full Version : CBR during 1/28-2/4 Nat Dance Championship

Susiesnowflake
11-10-2008, 06:22 AM
When considering dates for the CBR, I did a search of special events happening and learned that the National Dance Team Championships are 1/30-2/1. Participants have the option of staying at either the All Star Resorts or CBR with check-in beginning 1/28-2/4.

Who has stayed at the CBR during this event? Are dancers housed in particular blocks of rooms and sections of the resort? I'd appreciate any info!

Monny2AE
11-10-2008, 08:44 AM
Those are the dates I'll be there so I'm curious too?

anyone? :confused3

Susiesnowflake
11-10-2008, 05:27 PM
Can anyone share their experiences being at the CBR during the National Dance Team Championship or the National HS Cheerleading Competition? Since CBR is one of the resort options for the kids, will it be crazy busy and loud? Are the kids in a specific block of rooms or section of the resort? If you've been there during this time, would you return or pick another resort?

cepmom
11-10-2008, 05:41 PM
I stayed at CBR with my DD's dance team two years ago. We were put in Aruba. I think there was another village that the dancers stayed in also, but I don't remember for sure. I believe they keep the dancers to one or two of the villages; we had our own check in area in a tent in the parking lot since we were part of a special group. I didn't think it was too crowded...we went to the food court each morning and while it was crowded, I don't think it was any more than you'd normally find at that time of day. I wouldn't worry too much about it.

dancin Disney style
11-10-2008, 07:30 PM
Most of the dance groups stay at the All Stars. I've been there at that time in January and it's crazy. Funny, the parents are worse than the kids.

I've stayed at CSR as part of a dance group and they put all the dancers in the same buildings. They just block all the rooms together. So if you go to CBR while they are there just ask to be placed in another part of the resort. The resort is really big so I doubt that you would find it to be a problem.

Susiesnowflake
11-10-2008, 07:55 PM
Thanks for your responses. Wish I knew what the schedules were and how much they would actually be at the resort. It would give me some idea on gauging crowds at the food courts and pools. I'm also concerned about noise levels in the am and at night. I've read some posts in the past about loud cheering going on outside at all hours.

cepmom
11-11-2008, 07:42 AM
Thanks for your responses. Wish I knew what the schedules were and how much they would actually be at the resort. It would give me some idea on gauging crowds at the food courts and pools. I'm also concerned about noise levels in the am and at night. I've read some posts in the past about loud cheering going on outside at all hours.

it would to hard to figure the schedules. It depends on which division they're competing in, and if they make it to finals etc. Some of the competitions will be at DHS, in the Indiana Jones stage area, but many will be at Wide World of Sports area. When I was there, I noticed groups of girls practicing in the parking lots, but it was never loud like cheerleaders would be.

Susiesnowflake
11-11-2008, 12:52 PM
Cepmom,
Since my initial question on this thread, I found out that the Nat High School Cheering Competition begins immediately following the Nat Dance Team Champs. Dance team people check out 2/4 and the cheer people check in 2/5. Not sure whether I should change my reservation or not.