PDA

View Full Version : List Your Favorite LOW CARB Foods at Disney World

dr28326
11-10-2008, 06:21 AM
Had a request to start a new thread where everyone can list their favorite..or worst... LOW CARB Foods at Disney World.
This is good for the Gastric Bypass and Lap Band People.
There is another thread for fat free and sugar free also.
START LISTING!!

GailT
11-10-2008, 09:14 AM
I'd also like the answers to this, I could be sarcastic and say water. :lmao:
(SORRY, I couldn't help myself)

catne
11-10-2008, 06:03 PM
the turkey legs sold in the parks are the only thing that comes to mind...

although you can get various salads at most table service & some counter service.

Note...I do eat very low carb the rest of the year, but Disney is my fantasy-come-true place to eat high carb on the DDP...yummy.

Hawk
11-10-2008, 07:33 PM
Note...I do eat very low carb the rest of the year, but Disney is my fantasy-come-true place to eat high carb on the DDP...yummy.

Same here! :thumbsup2

Tim/Hawk

catne
11-10-2008, 08:02 PM
o.k., I thought hard on this...if you're at the buffets, almost all of them have prime rib or roast sirloin...always good for low carb/high protein. Also, there's usually some plain green veggie available like steamed/buttered broccoli or grean beans. Usually salad bar at the buffets, too. Some have piles of peel & eat shrimp.

At the table service restaurants, virtually all have some sort of steak, usually has a veg with it (tell them to leave off the potato/rice, skip the rolls) If you ask for no sauce, they will leave the sauces off veggies & meats. Most have a fish or chicken entree...you can ask for no sauce on these too.

Restaurants all have some sort of no-sugar added dessert (but as you probably know, that's not necessarily low carb!)

but I'm not the right person to answer this (except I do know which foods are low carb, even if I refuse to eat them at WDW.)

77SU
01-30-2009, 03:10 PM
There's the Garden (Veggie) burger at some CS location, without the bun.

My favorite was the salmon at Sunshine Seasons in The Land.

PrincessMama605
01-30-2009, 05:31 PM

Me too! The thought of being able to pig out on of all the high carb treats at WDW (school bread, grand marnier slushie) is what keeps me eating low carb the rest of the year!

I think all that walking helps balance it out!:rotfl:

perla75
01-30-2009, 05:43 PM
The no sugar added butter pecan ice cream in the MK is pretty good.

DisneyDancin7
01-30-2009, 05:59 PM
Me too! The thought of being able to pig out on of all the high carb treats at WDW (school bread, grand marnier slushie) is what keeps me eating low carb the rest of the year!

I think all that walking helps balance it out!:rotfl:

wow you took the words right out of my mouth! i'm the exact same way...I can't wait to splurge in March!!! For now, back to my hamburger and broccoli...:rolleyes2

DRS_Are_Best
01-30-2009, 08:16 PM
DH and I are actively on Atkins -- granted we are taking a break when we're on vacation. But you can get steaks ANYWHERE! Just look for the high-fiber stuff and stay away from the bread products.