PDA

View Full Version : Hi How Ya Do'n?

Daisylover
11-10-2008, 02:52 AM
We will be going to Disney World in about 3 weeks. I'm just wondering how the bed bug situation is at Pop. Have all the buggies disappeared now, sure hope so. I admitt it, that kind of freaks me out a little. Wouldn't want any late night visitors.
Thanks :banana: :rotfl: :yay: :banana: :rotfl: :yay: :flower3: :banana: :rotfl: :flower3:

dburg30
11-10-2008, 06:22 AM
There arent any 'problems' at any of the resorts. There could be some rooms that get infected from time to time, but it can happen at any level from the cheapest value, to the most expensive deluxe.

I've really not read much about them lately.

goofy4tink
11-10-2008, 06:49 AM
The room you end up could have been perfectly bug free, until the guest before you! There really is no 'problem' at any one resort. Because so many people, from various countries, are traveling to WDW, you see an increased number of bedbug reports. But....there really isn't any problem. I was at POP twice in Sept..not a bedbug in sight...or a bite!!

Lynne M
11-10-2008, 07:12 AM
There was never a 'situation', which sort of makes it sound like the resort was thoroughly infested.

Bed bugs are a one-room thing, they don't spread throughout a hotel. A family brings them, someone finds them, tells the resort, they eradicate the bugs. Problem solved.

Yes, pretty bad if you're the one who finds them in your room, but it certainly was never a commonplace occurrence. And I'm sure it's happened in all the Disney resorts. Honestly, I wouldn't worry about it. I've stayed in dozens upon dozens of hotel rooms in the US and UK, and made 20+ trips to Disney resorts, and I've never seen a bedbug.

disnut8
11-10-2008, 10:28 AM
I've stayed in dozens upon dozens of hotel rooms in the US and UK, and made 20+ trips to Disney resorts, and I've never seen a bedbug.

To piggyback on that. My husband traveled around the world as an instructor in the Air Force. He never brought a bed bug home with him nor slept with one. We travel a lot here in the United States, my in-laws travel all over the place, so does my father and stepmother. None of us have ever been introduced to a bed bug.

My brother-in-law is an exterminator. I asked him specifically about this. He said if an incident happens, it can be quickly fixed with everything they have now. He said it's a hassle but it's not a huge deal to handle it.

Daisylover
11-11-2008, 12:58 PM
Thanks for the info and the peace of mind.