PDA

View Full Version : hoop de doo : thumb up? or down?

muffyn
11-09-2008, 11:33 PM
alright I want some really passionate yes's or no's & why...

is the food good?
or do you really ONLY go for the show?

is it worth 2 dis dining credits?

(or would you pay cash & save the credits for 2 other places?)

coasterj
11-09-2008, 11:42 PM
Yes. I would use your credits on this.

I actually go more for the food then the show, but the show is still good and very funny.

MrJT
11-09-2008, 11:54 PM
When I went, we paid for four tickets, and it was worth every penny. The entertainment was great. The food was wonderful and plentiful. And if you needed more, they would get it for you.
Highly recommended!:thumbsup2

shellybaxter
11-10-2008, 05:08 AM
We love the HDDR show and the food is good - not out of this world - but really good. I would not use your dining credits - not because its "not worth it" but because you can't get tier one seating. I would pay out of pocket and get tier one seating

letstalkboutdisney
11-10-2008, 05:41 AM
We did not like it at all. It was so not worth the 2 ts credits. The food was awfull. The entertainment was good for the adults. My four kids didn't like the food or the show. Not to mention how complicated it was to get transpertation to and from the show. We had to take a boat, a monarail and then a bus to get back to our hotel. Sorry but that was our experience. Everyone is different and you and your family may love it.

KristiMc
11-10-2008, 06:04 AM
We just went a couple of weeks ago and loved it. Our boys 7 & 4 loved it and laughed the whole time. The food was good and plentiful. We payed OOP instead of using credits because I wanted Tier 1. You can use credits for tier 1 at the 9:00 show though.

shellybaxter
11-10-2008, 07:09 AM
I didn't know that about tier one after nine. I too will have to disagree about it only being adult entertianment. It is my nine year old niece's favorite show in disney. She's seen it three times starting when she was 4.5 and laughs huge belly laughs the entire time.

ElizabethB
11-10-2008, 08:01 AM
We go only for the show. The food is generally inedible, especially the ribs (which are nothing but fat and bone) and the chicken (which is dry as dust).

Irish Twins
11-10-2008, 08:12 AM
Hi! We thought the food was great. We had so much fun! My girls were 4 & 5 when we went and they loved it! :lmao: We sat in tier 2 and I thought it was fine. We were in the back but we were in tables that were higher than the ones in front of us. I would rather than than Tier 1 with people in front of me on the same level. I think getting there is part of the fun. It really brings you back to that time period. We cant wait to go again! Only advice I would give is bring a sweater it was kinda cold in there. Have a great time! It isnt the longest running musical in the USA for nothing!:laughing: :laughing: :laughing:

Luv4Disney
11-10-2008, 08:32 AM
2 very enthusiastic thumbs up! We love the HDDR and do it at least once a year!

TONNIE
11-10-2008, 08:35 AM
I agree it does get a little cold in there. I have done it every year for the past four years with kids and with just hubby. The food isnt that great but we have a ball at the show. ot we did the polu luha and didnt like it one bit. my 8 year fell asleep at the table.:confused3

mamazaz
11-10-2008, 09:29 AM
Our family of 8 plus the nanny ate there in September and we all loved it. The food was great!! My hubby hasn't found a rib in 28 years that he'll eat and enjoy until HDDR!!!:thumbsup2 The chicken was really tasty and the kids all enjoyed their meals as much as we did. Everyone enjoyed the entertainment. The kids clapped along and many of the jokes were "over their head", but as adults, we laughed and laughed.

I would highly recommend seeing HDDR at least once. We'll be returning in December with my mother-in-law and I know she'll love it as well.:yay:

I give it :thumbsup2 :thumbsup2 2 thumbs up!!

P.S. It is one of the only places that includes Beer as a beverage included in the cost of the meal. That in itself is enough to get my hubby to go back - he loves the value!!:woohoo:

*pixie*dust*
11-10-2008, 09:33 AM
A really good time! Food is good, show is good corny fun.

TakeMe2Disney
11-10-2008, 09:34 AM
Here's my take on it - The food is homestyle cookin' and good. It's not the best food I've had in Disney, but it sure as heck beats my microwave skills. The show is fun. Again, it's not the best show I've seen at Disney, but it's fun and very much for a family. I think it's worth going to see at least once. It's definitely an experience!

dalt01
11-10-2008, 09:47 AM
:thumbsup2

ExtinctDino
11-10-2008, 09:48 AM
The food is OK, but it's the great show and to a lesser degree the alcohol included that makes it worth 2 credits. I would definitely do it again.

maraki527
11-10-2008, 10:28 AM
Thumbs Up we love the HDDR and try to do it every other trip

United544
11-10-2008, 12:18 PM
We LOVE this show! We see it everytime we go to Disney and for us it's worth the 2 credits! :thumbsup2

DonaldTDuck
11-10-2008, 01:51 PM
Two thumbs way up. Great food, great show, free beer and wine, and the tip is even included. And cat 1 at 9:30 makes it a great use of 2 credits. Although I usually pay oop for it.

ROEDISNEY
11-10-2008, 02:23 PM
alright I want some really passionate yes's or no's & why...

is the food good?
or do you really ONLY go for the show?

is it worth 2 dis dining credits?

(or would you pay cash & save the credits for 2 other places?)

YES
LOVE BOTH:banana:
YES
NOT SURE IT REALLY DEPENDS ON YOU.

ILoveMagic
11-10-2008, 07:40 PM
Its great to hear good reviews..................I have it booked for our upcoming vacation (tier one). This will be our first time! It has come highly recommended by friends and other DIS'ers.