PDA

View Full Version : Calling Disney vs. Booking online

biggroofy
11-10-2008, 12:12 AM
Book MYW+DDP by calling Disney on the Phone

In the past years I used to call Disney directly to book my vacation package. Usually I would receive an email confirmation, an email invoice (a link to a blue background HTML for printing) from 24 hours to forever. I may or may not receive a paper invoice in the mail. In either format, the invoice listed all the details of my package with some "special codes" like this -
ARCADE PLAY CARD VOUCHER
MINIATURE GOLF VOUCHER
PLANET HOLLYWOOD MERCH. VCHR
PLANET HOLLYWOOD $15 MEAL VCHR
SEA RAYCER OFFER VOUCHER
QUICK SERVICE MEALS
SNACKS
TABLE SERVICE MEALS
resort mug 1, 2, 3, 4, 5
special request: travel with
REQ D
REQ Sago Cay, UP FL, Bal N/G

Book this 7/4 Deal via Disney.com web site

Yesterday I gave up after a 15-min wait and decided to book online. It went smooth and I was able to enter SOME requests (e.g. crib). I received an email right away but the email looks VERY different than the ones I used to receive. It looks more like a very simplified confirmation rather than invoice. None of my package item details were listed (only stated I am on the 7-Night Magic Your Way Plus Deluxe Dining January-June), and none of my request were listed.

Is that normal? Will I get a more detailed invoice in the mail?

FYI - my upcoming trip in Jan was booked by calling Disney, and the newly booked trip is done via disney.com. As usual, the reservation booked via CM - if I retrieve it in disney.com - it will display as "Park Ticket: Error". But for this new reservation (booked online), everything displayed correctly on disney.com.

Very interesting.