PDA

View Full Version : Spoodles

julierocks
11-09-2008, 09:39 PM
We've never eaten at Spoodles before. Can someone review this for me? It will be just me and DH. Thanks!

4Pluto
11-09-2008, 09:43 PM
I can't speak for dinner, but for breakfast they have waffles to die for. The waffles are served with honey/mascpone cheese and pecans. I'd travel half way across the world (well, half way across Disney World) to have breakfast at Spoodles.

wdwthanksgiving
11-09-2008, 09:45 PM
we ate there last year and were pleasantly surprised! the food was good, the service was good...the ambiance is a little lacking (wooden tables and chairs and can be a little loud) but we enjoyed our meal and will be returning!:thumbsup2

jenna77
11-09-2008, 10:00 PM
We liked it. In fact, we're having our reception dinner there. The food was very good (loved the Mediterranean dips and margherita flatbread), but it was very, very noisy. And we had to wait about an hour for a table after being told 20-30 minutes.

We'd requested a table in the Sonoma room where the reception will be held and we were given a table right by the door, after waiting and waiting. It turns out the host was afraid to give a table in the room because our son was asleep in his stroller. It didn't really make sense, but I guess they didn't want us walking through the restaurant with it. Everyone apologized profusely.

We did like our server very much, and Spoodles is the best choice on the Boardwalk for a vegetarian/vegan like myself.

julierocks
11-10-2008, 08:39 AM
This is all good to hear. I guess we will go ahead and try it!

onelilspark
11-10-2008, 08:43 AM
We tried it for the first time in August. I loved it! I'll definitely be back!

MickeyNicki
11-10-2008, 08:59 AM
Dinner awesome, breakfast terrible

PatsMom
11-10-2008, 09:00 AM
We love Spoodles although as others have pointed out, it is a bit on the loud side. They have a shrimp appetizer that is my favorite thing and DD and DH love the flatbread. We eat there on our DHS studio day because we like it better than any of the table service restaurants at the Studio's. Its a fairly short walk or you can take the boat.

Cookie Princess
11-11-2008, 12:52 PM
We love Spoodles. The appetizers are as great as the dinner meal. Don't miss the pitcher of SANGRIA!

DisFlan
11-11-2008, 04:15 PM
Three years ago, we had to take Spoodles for dinner as a "second pick" when other places were full. We loved it! We've happily made several return trips. Everything we've had there has been good and the service is great. And ditto on the Sangria!

DisFlan

RllngRckBrw
11-11-2008, 06:14 PM
We love it and it is a must do each trip. We make a special trip to the Boardwalk to eat the shrimp linguini, and the muscles or the dips apps.

DznyDreamz
11-11-2008, 06:27 PM
We ate there for the first time in October and really enjoyed it! We booked a return trip when we go back in January. We were there on the late side so noise wasn't an issue for us. I like a restaurant with an open kitchen; its cool to see what is going on "behind the scenes".

julierocks
11-11-2008, 11:04 PM
Our reservation is at 8:30 pm, so hopefully it won't be too loud. We're going after our Hollywood Studios day as well, and we WILL be having the sangria, especially since we'll be using Disney transportation. It's just myself and DH, so we'll be taking FULL advantage of the tasty drinks and not needing to drive!

RllngRckBrw
11-12-2008, 07:40 AM
Our reservation is at 8:30 pm, so hopefully it won't be too loud. We're going after our Hollywood Studios day as well, and we WILL be having the sangria, especially since we'll be using Disney transportation. It's just myself and DH, so we'll be taking FULL advantage of the tasty drinks and not needing to drive!

There is nothing like walking the boardwalk with a loved one after dinner and drinks.