PDA

View Full Version : Best and Worst Counter Service Around WDW

Jessfrogger88
11-09-2008, 07:55 PM
Hey all we are using the dining plan for the first time ever! We already have our TS ready and situated, but any recommendations for where to avoid and were to flock to when it comes to CS... I don't want to plan too much in advance about CS.. since I don't like to over plan... but in general... if we are hungry and walking past a CS restaurant... Where should we stop in and where should we keep walking.

Places I would recommend to others.

Pecos Bills
Cafe at Port Orleans Riverside
Backlot by Indiana Jones
Yakatorie House
China's CS
Seasons at Epcot.

Places I would avoid

Cosmic Rays
ABC Commissary
Old Port Royale at CBR

Anyone else?

JackJack08
11-09-2008, 08:27 PM
WPExpress.....yummy!:thumbsup2 :thumbsup2

caisland
11-09-2008, 08:30 PM
Flaiming Tree BBQ at animal Kingdom is a family favorite.

rudy7696
11-09-2008, 09:09 PM
I would say avoid Cosmic Rays. Very confusing, always busy and extremely loud.

Would have to agree Flaming Tree is excellent. Love their BBQ ribs. :thumbsup2

Corjack
11-09-2008, 09:21 PM
We really liked Flame tree BBQ also. We had the kids wing meals(DD and I), they were yummy and enough for an adult!

I alos love the counter service Mexican place at Epcot(name escapes me at the moment).

Jackie

Willow25
11-09-2008, 09:24 PM
We love Columbia harbour at the Magic Kingdom

ekidwell0001
11-09-2008, 09:28 PM
Totally agree about sunshine seasons, but another that i found to be nice if you sit upstairs where people rarely sit is Pinochio Village Haus in magic kingdom (by dumbo) Then i like Pizza planet in DHS. It's the same pizza as anywhere really, i think it's just the atmosphere!

The one's i would really avoid would be Electric Umbrella in Epcot! Everytime i go here, im never impressed :(

GailT
11-09-2008, 09:46 PM
well this isnt a meal but I love Casey's cornor, it isn't a trip to Disney without a hotdog before I head off to the airport.

MarkFL
11-09-2008, 10:05 PM
Definitely joining the Cosmic Ray's people. I don't think the food is all that bad, but the way it's set up is a horror for guests. I'm not a huge fan of Pinocchio Village Haus either because I think the food quality is substandard. Pecos Bill is my favorite CS in MK. I love the fixin's bar.

At Epcot, I love Sunshine Seasons, La Cantina, and the Tangierine Cafe. I'm not a big fan of the Japanese or Chinese CS places; I really love Nine Dragons and Teppan Edo, though! (China's CS has a mango smoothie, I think, and that's pretty good.)

Backlot Express and ABC Commissary are the only two places I really ever eat at DHS; the former is better than the latter. I've eaten at Pizza Planet and thought it was not good-quality.

Yak and Yeti CS is amazing!!! Also good is Flame Tree Barbecue, although I'm not a huge meat-eater. I tend to avoid Pizzafari, but I do like the theming inside. And I definitely stay away from Restaurantosaurus--seriously, if you're going to WDW, why are you eating McDonald's?

At resorts, I dislike the Pepper Market at Coronado Springs because it's a little confusing to guests. My favorite CS option at resorts is Captain Cook's at the Polynesian in the morning for Tonga Toast.

BabyRN
11-09-2008, 10:05 PM
Our favorite was Wolfgang Puck in DTD.

vDunninger
11-09-2008, 10:56 PM
Wolfgang Puck in DTD wins hands down for best CS anywhere at WDW (and value!). But don't rule out Earl of Sandwich; also excellent. Flame Tree BBQ best for DAK. Cantina de San Angel at Mexico for Epcot (or Tangierine Cafe at Morocco for a nice change of pace). Tomorrowland Terrace Noodle Station (when it's open) at MK (although the food at Cosmic Ray's isn't bad if you can overcome the confusion and noise; the latter can become as entertaining as Sonny Eclipse once you sit down to your table to enjoy your food). For DHS, Pizza Planet is our normal spot although can't say the food is great. I don't think food at ABC Comm is as bad as most people seem to say; just limited in choices. Cap'n Cook's at Poly is good for resorts; Gasparilla Grill & Games at GF can also be good (sometimes). Getting hungry just listing these...

MarkFL
11-10-2008, 12:54 AM
Oh, I totally forgot about Wolfgang Puck--and I just ate there a couple of days ago! I think a couple of the entrees there can't be purchased with the DDP, but I'm not sure.

ugadog99
11-10-2008, 04:45 AM
Places We Really Like:

MK:
Pecos Bill
Columbia Harbour House
Casey's (okay, it's hot dogs but the BEST hot dogs ever)

Epcot:
Sunshine Seasons
Cantina de San Angel
Tangierine
Patisserie
Kringla

AK:
Flame Tree
Pizzafari (we really like this one better than Flame Tree)
Yak and Yeti counter

MGM (oops...Studios)
ummmm.....nothing

Resorts:
Captain Cook's (yummy)
Pepper Market (although I still don't like tipping at a counter!)
All Stars (we like it much better than Pop)
Sassagoula FloatWorks (is that the name??? the one at POFQ)-gotta have the beignets

Really, the only counter we can't STAND is Yakitori House, which we call YUCKitori. It's just really bad.

Fantasmiss
11-10-2008, 06:23 AM
AVOID Cosmic Ray???? :scared1: :eek: It's my favourite of aaaall CS!!!! :cheer2: :wizard:
What is it that you don't like about it? :)

I'd like to add that Flame Tree BBQ at AK is a grrrreat place, but as this is my 2nd favourite after Cosmic Ray I can't guarantee you'll like that one either... :confused:

Hey all we are using the dining plan for the first time ever! We already have our TS ready and situated, but any recommendations for where to avoid and were to flock to when it comes to CS... I don't want to plan too much in advance about CS.. since I don't like to over plan... but in general... if we are hungry and walking past a CS restaurant... Where should we stop in and where should we keep walking.

Places I would recommend to others.

Pecos Bills
Cafe at Port Orleans Riverside
Backlot by Indiana Jones
Yakatorie House
China's CS
Seasons at Epcot.

Places I would avoid

Cosmic Rays
ABC Commissary
Old Port Royale at CBR

Anyone else?

onelilspark
11-10-2008, 06:47 AM
My favorite of all the parks is Sunshine Seasons, in "The Land" in Epcot. The only place that I really dispise CS options is in HS. We usually wind up doing 50s Prime Time for lunch when we eat here, or we'll grab something at the hotel, or just expect to eat chicken fingers.

MarkFL
11-10-2008, 06:51 AM
When one child wants a burger, another wants a wrap, and another wants some chicken, and you have to wait in three separate lines to get all the food together, you start wondering if Sonny Eclipse is really worth all the trouble.

koolaidmoms
11-10-2008, 07:02 AM
Now the food and restaurant depends on many things - crowds, when you go (how long has the food been sitting there pre-made) and price. But time and again we have had good luck at:

Favorites:

Pecos Bills
Sunshine Seasons
Pizzafari
Columbia Harbour House

Least favorites (YUCK!!!):

Electric Umbrella
Pinochio House
ABC Commissary - our meal of Cuban sandwhiches was actually pretty good but everyone else both times we have gone there have hated it - Party of 8!
:)

GatorLady
11-10-2008, 07:02 AM
Really, the only counter we can't STAND is Yakitori House, which we call YUCKitori.

:laughing: Cute! I'll have to tell my DS16 that one! He insisted on eating there one day instead of coming with me to the Tangierine Cafe and couldn't stop talking about how bad he thought it was!

As far as what we like:

Tangierine Cafe
Sunshine Seasons
Columbia Harbour (sorry but we like Cosmic Rays)
Roaring Forks at WL (very small selection, but very good sandwiches)
Nothing at DHS
Earl of Sandwich
Flame Tree

chartle
11-10-2008, 10:37 AM
When one child wants a burger, another wants a wrap, and another wants some chicken, and you have to wait in three separate lines to get all the food together, you start wondering if Sonny Eclipse is really worth all the trouble.

But without places like the Electric Umbrella and Cosmic Rays you would have to go to three separate CS places to get that selection of food and they would be 100's of yards apart.

dalt01
11-10-2008, 10:47 AM
riverside mill:thumbsup2

caroline1851
11-10-2008, 11:00 AM
We didn't eat at many during our recent trip, but we liked/loved:

Pepper Market (at CSR)
Wolfgang Puck Exp. (THE BEST)
Flame Tree BBQ

We absolutely hated:

Abc Commissary-GROSSSSSSSSS

Time Traveler
11-10-2008, 11:10 AM
Best
---------------
MK - Pecos Bill's
Epcot - Sunshine Seasons
HS - Starring Rolls
AK - Flame Tree BBQ
Resort - Riverside Mill (CS at POR)
DTD - Wolfgang Puck Express

Worst
----------------
MK - Tomorrowland Noodle Terrace
Epcot - Yakitori House (used to be one of our favorites but their food quality has been pretty bad on our last few visits)
HS - ABC Commissary
AK - Restaurantosaurus (you're at Disney, don't waste CS credits on McDonalds)
Resort - Artist's Palette (CS at SSR; lack of selection, slow service, mediocre food)
DTD - McDonalds (another one!)

livie1205
11-10-2008, 11:59 AM
we LOVE earl of sandwhich...cant stand ANYTHING AT DHS....we do not even while we are at that park...:sick:

Tink2312
11-10-2008, 12:19 PM
Best
Columbia Harbour House
Kringla Bakeri Og Cafe (Norway @ EPCOT)
Earl of Sandwich
Pepper Market @ Coronado Springs (if you're on the DDP, it's great value for your CS credits)

Worst
Liberty Inn (America @ EPCOT)
Restaurantasaurus (sp?)

nenner1
11-10-2008, 03:27 PM
Wow, I'm so gonna get flamed for this but I can't eat at Sunshine Seasons...the whole land pavilion smells like a stuffy elementary school cafeteria. I can only take it long enough to ride on Soarin'...or if I'm feeling especially brave Soarin' and Living with the Land....Ohana has that smell too...yuk:sick: .....;)

Anyway, here is the rest of my $0.02:

The Bad

El Pirata Y El Perico...only so/so food and horrible seating situation.
If its open the park is busy, and if the park is busy there is nowhere to sit.

Cosmic Rays...while they get points for variety and for Sunny, the setup is disaster and there's a smell here too (which I actually like in an odd sort of way b/c it brings me back to the Tomorrowland Terrace and the old red/orange/yellow color scheme.....)

Pinnochio's...See El Pirata. Only times 10. Might have been worth it before they destroyed the Figaro Fries. Sigh.

Everything at DHS...Don't think we ever eat there. EVER.

Restaurantosaurus- How much more Mickey D's do you need, really?

Tomorrowland Noodle Station- Bring Back the Plaza Pavilion....I love the old school yesterday-land architecture but whatever goes in this secluded corner following its eventual and guaranteed demise is pretty much doomed. Unless it is a ride!;)

The Meh

Main Street Bakery... I know this will get me flames too, but every time I have been there, what I have gotten is only OK (sometimes rock hard stale). I am a pastry freak though, so that doesn't really stop me from going there, especially for breakfast where I have had more success than for dessert...

The Joy Of Tea, Epcot (China)...Less Green and Oolong and more Black tea, please. I don't need funky frozen concoctions, just some good brewed iced tea. (okay I do drink the frozen peach tea slush thing, but only under duress since there are no other options:lmao:

Casey's... Not the same, not the same. The changes have hit here hard. Bring back the melt in your mouth buns and the footlong...There's nothing special about the same ol hot dog you can get everywhere else in the park, except maybe the atmosphere, bleachers and the cracker jacks.

Turkey Leg Carts...They don't need to be around every corner. They smell better than they taste.

The Good

Columbia Harbour House...They don't lose points for chickengate, since it isn't their fault the Disney Corporate ding dongs eliminated the single best counter service food item in WDW, the chicken strips and replaced them with the sad, scrawny nuggets. The fish is still great, and you can't beat the theming. The very best part has to be the seating upstairs overlooking Fantasyland and Liberty Square. And unlike the seats with a view in Pinnochios that have table hawks lined up 3 and 4 deep to snatch those IASW view seats the second you have cleaned your plate, the upstairs seating here is almost always available. Plus lots of variety of soups, salads, and sandwiches you can't get anywhere else in the MK.

Aloha Isle- Don't know if snack counters really count but I'll put the unique ones up....Anyway, two words here: DOLE WHIP.

Crepes des Chefs De France, Epcot (France)...Crepe stand by World Showcase Lagoon.....These are freakin' awesome. The Glace (frozen custard) is *not* just regular everyday soft serve, either. Yummmm.

While we're in WS talking snacks

La Kringla Bakery, Epcot (Norway)...I dare you to walk past this place hungry and not gorge yourself.

Boulangerrie Patessirie, Epcot (France)..Eclairs, Eclairs, Eclairs....And lots of other really good stuff too. Not even comparable to the pastry shop I dissed in the "meh" list above.:rolleyes1

Yorkshire County Fish Shop, Epcot(UK)
Blows Away Columbia Harbor House. Really, Really, Really good fish & chips.

Royal Anandapour Tea Company (DAK)..now this is what I'm talking about. Best tea EVAR.

Flame suit on & zipped!:rotfl2:

si-am
11-10-2008, 04:14 PM
The Best:
Columbia Harbor House (MK)
Flame Tree BBQ (AK)
Backlot Express (Studios)
Pecos Bills (MK)
Wolfgang Puck Express (DTD)
Cantina de San Angel (Epcot)
Boulangerie Patisserie (Epcot)
Yakitori House (Epcot)
Mara (AKL)
Everything Pop (Pop)

Worst:
ABC Commissary (Studios)
Roaring Fork (WL)
Pinocchio Haus (MK)

chartle
11-14-2008, 03:53 PM
{asbestos suit on}

Worst meal of last trip was Earl of Sandwich. My Original's meat was so rare I would have called it raw and with my somewhat bad teeth at the time was impossible to chew. It was so rare that when they cut the sandwich is half the knife didn't cut through the meat at all.

Everyone else's was fine even for my picky son who got the Italian even though no one knew what mortadella was.

I did like the free drink refills.

Second worst for my family was the fish and chips in the UK. I didn't get any but everyone said the fish was very bland. Funny thing was everyone around us (not too many, it was early for lunch and it was also Tropical Storm Fay week) was British. I guess its like me going to the UK and getting Micki D's instead of bangers and mash.

{asbestos suit off}

Best was Sunshine Seasonings. I didn't look at the menu before we went. After riding Soring and the family in the restroom I looked at the menu and I'm like there is something that my son (same one as above) would eat. He and I had the sub and my DW and other DS had something from the "stir fry" section.

Second best was Casey's one word cheap. :cool1:

jhaig
11-14-2008, 05:49 PM
So is Yak and Yeti counter service?

valentina
11-14-2008, 05:57 PM
Tangierine Cafe in Morocco and Cantina de San Angel in Mexico in Epcot are my faves, along with Flame Tree BBQ in AK.

KatMark
11-14-2008, 07:09 PM
Places I would recommend:

MK -- Cosmic Rays and Columbia Harbor House
Epcot -- Sunshine Seasons
Studios -- GO SOMEWHERE ELSE
AK -- Flame Tree Barbecue

bangzoom6877
11-14-2008, 07:12 PM
We loved all the CS places we went. We ate lunches in all of them:

Cosmic Ray's (MK)
Flame Tree BBQ (AK)
Pizza Planet (DHS)
Tangierine Cafe in Morocco (Epcot)
Everything Pop Shopping and Dining food court (Pop Century)

We loved the food at all these places and also the variety. I only had one burger the entire trip and it was totally by choice, not because there was no other choice!

mom2taylorandemily
11-14-2008, 08:35 PM
We like Cosmic Rays and Sunshine Seasons.

We don't like Pinochio Haus (too crowded for us) and we also don't really care for Flametree Barbeque.

jam217
11-15-2008, 04:39 AM
Wolfgang Puck Express in DTD is the best!!
Tangerine Cafe in Epcot is a close second

Cookie Princess
11-15-2008, 07:08 AM
[They don't lose points for chickengate, since it isn't their fault the Disney Corporate ding dongs eliminated the single best counter service food item in WDW, the chicken strips and replaced them with the sad, scrawny nuggets.

I gotta agree...DOWN WITH THE NUGGETS, DOWN WITH THE NUGGETS, DOWN WITH THE NUGGETS!!!:mad: The chicken strips were great, I am sure that was some cost cutting measure.

WE LIKE: Sunshine Seasons, Pizzafari, Main Street Bakery, and Cosmic Rays.

WE HATE: Casey's...you can't eat there anymore with being attacked by local birds...AHHH...HELP!!!

nenner1
11-15-2008, 10:08 AM
I gotta agree...DOWN WITH THE NUGGETS, DOWN WITH THE NUGGETS, DOWN WITH THE NUGGETS!!!:mad: The chicken strips were great, I am sure that was some cost cutting measure.

Yes it was....

DCL still has them.....dang was it good to get a real big, juicy slab of chicken in my mouth!;)

Not sure they are quite worth the extra $2500 though...:lmao:

Tammy296
01-14-2009, 06:47 AM
How is Gasparilla Grill & Games at Grand Floridan? it seems easily accessible from EPCOT via monorail?

THanks!
Tammy :)

mom22cuties
01-14-2009, 09:14 AM
Flame Tree BBQ at AK.:thumbsup2

binkytell
01-14-2009, 09:24 AM
pepper market food is deffo worth the confusion, we were stayin at cbr but made many trips to coronado springs to use our cs meals.

musical2
01-14-2009, 10:05 AM
We like eating at the following:

MK - Cosmic Rays and Columbia Harbour House
Epcot - Sunshine Garden
AK - Flametree BBQ
DHS - Backlot Express
DTD - Earl of Sandwich
Resorts - Pepper Market at Coronado, Riverside Mill at Port Orleans Riverside.

We'll never go back to:
MK - Pinocchio Village Haus
Epcot - Liberty Inn
AK - Restaurantosaurus
DHS - ABC Commissary

lucytootsie
01-14-2009, 10:21 AM
Please help me remember. I keep seeing pictures of roasted chincken,mashed potatoes and maybe carrots from a cs in MK. Where do I find this. It looks like a meal 2 could easily share.

milmore104
01-14-2009, 10:48 AM
well this isnt a meal but I love Casey's cornor, it isn't a trip to Disney without a hotdog before I head off to the airport.

Isecond that! However it's our first stop on our arrival night before we pick out our spot for Spectro.

Jennia
01-14-2009, 11:06 AM
The only place that I really can't stand is the Electric Umbrella in Epcot. I'd forgotten how bad it is when we went last time, and made the mistake of trying it again. Ugh, I ended up throwing most of my food out. :headache:

CS places we like:
Main Street Bakery for the cinnamon rolls
Pecos Bills-different than the usual hamburger/fries
Aloha Isle for a Dole Whip :thumbsup2
I thought that the Starring Rolls Cafe in DHS was okay, but I got a kids meal, so my opinion might not count too much on that lol
Also like Pizza Planet, but like someone else mentioned, this may be due more to the fun atmosphere/setting than the actual food

MinnieGirl33
01-14-2009, 11:27 AM
Yak and Yeti CS is amazing!!!

Just to show you how different people's opinions/experiences can be... we refer to this as "Yuck-n-Yeti"

I understand wanting to get feedback but if there is something out there that appeals to you please don't let opinions of others prevent you from giving a place a try.

Tricia1972
01-14-2009, 11:30 AM
Favorites:

MK
Main St Bakery
Casey's
Columbia Harbor House

Epcot
Sommerfest
Tangeriene
Sunshine Seasons

DHS
Backlot Express

DTD
Wolfgang Puck Express
Earl of Sandwich

Saratoga Springs
Artist's Palette (Wouldn't travel to resort just for this, but they always have good options)

Don't Like:

MK
Pinocchio's Village Haus
Pecos Bill's

Epcot
Electric Umbrella
Cantina de San Angel - Found one good thing here, but service is always bad

DHS
ABC Commissary
Toy Story Pizza Planet

AK
Restaurantosarus

Coconuts
01-14-2009, 12:14 PM
Our favs were FTBBQ, Cosmic Ray's, Sunshine Seasons, and POR food court.::yes::

Coconuts
01-14-2009, 12:18 PM
Please help me remember. I keep seeing pictures of roasted chincken,mashed potatoes and maybe carrots from a cs in MK. Where do I find this. It looks like a meal 2 could easily share.

I think Cosmic Ray's has roasted chicken, if I remember correctly:scratchin , and it could definetly be enough for 2 people. That's why we like it there--great food value.:thumbsup2

nuggetoflove
01-14-2009, 12:25 PM
Guess I need to put Flame Tree on my list. And Wolfgang Puck.

pigby
01-14-2009, 12:54 PM
{asbestos suit on}

Second worst for my family was the fish and chips in the UK. I didn't get any but everyone said the fish was very bland. Funny thing was everyone around us (not too many, it was early for lunch and it was also Tropical Storm Fay week) was British. I guess its like me going to the UK and getting Micki D's instead of bangers and mash.

{asbestos suit off}

[/B]

It's OK - no flames from over here - we may well have been one of those families around you -we ate there during TS Fay week - but we DO enjoy the fish and chips in the UK (although do enjoy eating food that we wouldn't normally eat also)

Some of our favourites are

AK Flame Tree (but DD does like Pizzafari)

DHS Backlot and Starrin Rolls (for the salmon and cream cheese bagels but service is consistently BAD here

MK Columbia Harbour House

Epcot English chippy but want to try a few new ones this year.

DisneyHolidayFan
01-14-2009, 01:28 PM
How is Gasparilla Grill & Games at Grand Floridan? it seems easily accessible from EPCOT via monorail?

THanks!
Tammy :)

IMO, it is the worse food court that I have eaten at (wouldn't you think it would be tops for such a beautiful resort??). POR's food court is so much better!! The food isn't so much the problem but they combined the food court with the arcade (not a good atmosphere for eating as the tables are right next to the arcade). By the way, GF is my favorite resort, just not Gasparillas.

ROEDISNEY
01-14-2009, 01:31 PM
Love CHH :thumbsup2

Princess Sleepy
01-15-2009, 10:51 AM
I see that everyone hates the CS at DHS, but we have a really early ADR at H&V for dinner that night so I thought another TS for lunch might be too much. However, my DDs are 2 and 5 and can't go between breakfast and dinner without some lunch. Does anyone have an opinion on the Studio Catering Company? Is it better than the ABC Commissary? They don't really like frozen pizza-type pizzas, so I think Pizza Planet might not work. If we did a really early lunch at 50s Prime Time would we be hungry for a buffet at 4:30?

CarolB
01-15-2009, 11:10 AM
Not a fan of Studio Catering Company. We enjoy the pizza and salads at Pizza Planet. I would think one "mini pizza" and the salad would be a good option for your kids to share.
The meals at 50's Prime Time are very filling - we never do 2 TS the same day - just too much food for me.

dvcdisney
01-15-2009, 11:15 AM
We like Sunshine Seasons, Columbia House, even Cosmic Rays. However, the only one that I would not recommend is the ABC Commissary. Although most CS restaurants have okay food, I found the ABC Commissary to have the absolute worst tasting food I have eaten. It is a shame though. We pass by it each time we're at DHS wishing it was better because of the AC, plenty of tables, and is usually not very busy is great for a hot day. We were hoping that one day, they'll change the menu and we'll try it again.

salukidog
01-15-2009, 11:48 AM
Totally agree about sunshine seasons, but another that i found to be nice if you sit upstairs where people rarely sit is Pinochio Village Haus in magic kingdom (by dumbo) Then i like Pizza planet in DHS. It's the same pizza as anywhere really, i think it's just the atmosphere!

The one's i would really avoid would be Electric Umbrella in Epcot! Everytime i go here, im never impressed :(

We have eaten there every time we have been to WDW 4 times in the last 2 years and have never been disapointed.:smickey:

BeckieSue
01-15-2009, 11:56 AM
Flame Tree BBQ is our favorite counter service meal.:thumbsup2

disneybam
01-15-2009, 02:01 PM
Counter service places we seem to eat at regularly:

MK - Casey's Corner
Columbia Harbour House
Peco's Bill

Epcot - Electric Umbrella
Yakitori House -Japan
Yorkshire County Fish Shop - United Kingdom
Cantina de San Angel - Mexico

HS - Backlot Express

AK - Try to avoid eating there, but Pizzafari if we do

Downtown Disney - Earl of Sandwich

tripplanner2
01-15-2009, 02:07 PM
AVOID Cosmic Ray???? :scared1: :eek: It's my favourite of aaaall CS!!!! :cheer2: :wizard:
What is it that you don't like about it? :)

I'd like to add that Flame Tree BBQ at AK is a grrrreat place, but as this is my 2nd favourite after Cosmic Ray I can't guarantee you'll like that one either... :confused:

It is the way it is set up. Very hard if everyone in the party wants different food. Then the tables are almost impossible to come by. The food is not bad, just the logistics of it.

leeh1530
01-16-2009, 11:53 AM
MK: I'm in for CHH, even though they closed extremely early one night while I was there. WHAAAAA????? Then Peco's and I really did like Cosmic Ray's. Give me cheese at a fixins bar, and you have a friend for life.
Epcot: I didn't mind the fish and chips, and I love fish and chips. It wasn't what I would get up here near Cape Cod, but hey, beggars can't be choosers. I liked the China CS, and by golly, the best was the slushies at France! Hee hee!
DHS: The ice cream carts?
AK: I didn't mind Flame Tree, but I did like Pizzafari. I'm big for pizza any way I can get it.
Resort: Couldn't really tell you, but I did tire of AS food courts by the next to last night of our trip.
DTD: Hello, WPE!!!!!!! EOS was pretty dang good too.

Worst:
MK: Never really had anything I didn't like. I eat pretty much everything and I just frequent the same thing over and over again.
Epcot: I could not STAND the CS in Mexico. I'm Irish, what can I say?
DHS: Hated, HATED Studio Catering Company. The chicken wrap hardly had anything in it, and when my dad, who eats anything that isn't moving can't stand his half-chicken, we have a problem. I lusted after my niece's mac and cheese, which her mother ate. Grrrrr ...... But majority ruled for that meal decision. I was looking for the nearest burger or chicken nuggets.
AK: Again, I just really stuck to Pizzafari. I did do Flame Tree, so that was pretty good. Only thing is, the woman didn't hear me say onion rings and that was another few minutes wait. Ah, well.

I will say one thing: DON'T get the sugar free raspberry sorbet at the ice cream parlor. It tasted totally like chemicals and we were looking for any raspberry taste. ICK!

(Standing by with flame suit on)

nezy
01-16-2009, 12:38 PM
I see that everyone hates the CS at DHS, but we have a really early ADR at H&V for dinner that night so I thought another TS for lunch might be too much. However, my DDs are 2 and 5 and can't go between breakfast and dinner without some lunch. Does anyone have an opinion on the Studio Catering Company? Is it better than the ABC Commissary? They don't really like frozen pizza-type pizzas, so I think Pizza Planet might not work. If we did a really early lunch at 50s Prime Time would we be hungry for a buffet at 4:30?

Bring something with you. When my kids were younger I would bring sandwiches all the time, and grapes and apples. I usually brought one meal and we bought another. You may also want to leave the park-take a boat over to Swan and Dolphin or Boardwalk to grab a bite--a bit time consuming though.

Do they need a complete meal?
Have a big breakfast and then have a"snacky" lunch and your early dinner,

nezy
01-16-2009, 12:42 PM
Love CHH :thumbsup2
Many people have said they like CHH-why?
I have never been-WHAt is good to order.Just looking at the menu Isee it looks llike a lot of chicken nuggets an a fish sandwich or 2 some salads and a soup. What do you like to eat here?

karajeboo
01-16-2009, 03:26 PM
My favorite CS in all of the World is Tangierine Cafe in Morocco in Epcot. It's not your traditional burgers and fries, but a lot of food for the buck. Also, I love Cantina de San Angel for quick service Mexican - again, a lot of food for your dollar. And fish and chips and a cold ale from Yorkshire County Fish House in England in Epcot.

Enjoy!