PDA

View Full Version : Upgrades? Upgrades? Looking for your upgrades!

shinez
11-09-2008, 01:52 PM
Hi Again!:goodvibes
Looking for info/tips/stories of people who have been blessed by the Disney Gods:worship: and recieved and upgrade or any other perk- details and how to's welcome!:rolleyes1
Four days till Checkin at the Polynesian!!:woohoo:

Lynne M
11-09-2008, 04:52 PM
Never mind.

shinez
11-09-2008, 05:04 PM
Hi Again!:goodvibes
Looking for info/tips/stories of people who have been blessed by the Disney Gods:worship: and recieved and upgrade or any other perk- details and how to's welcome!:rolleyes1
Four days till Checkin at the Polynesian!!:woohoo:

If you read my post correctly, it would say upgrade or any other perk- believe you me, WE paid close to 500 beans a night, and since we are staying at a high end resort, we were not eligble for the free dining promotion- unless we downgraded to the Wilderness Cabins, which, we were not going to do- I don't need a lecture, just looking for fun- Geesh:sad2:

Lynne M
11-09-2008, 05:08 PM
If you read my post correctly, it would say upgrade or any other perk- believe you me, WE paid close to 500 beans a night, and since we are staying at a high end resort, we were not eligble for the free dining promotion- unless we downgraded to the Wilderness Cabins, which, we were not going to do- I don't need a lecture, just looking for fun- Geesh:sad2:

I'm sorry if I offended you, and I certainly wasn't lecturing you. I was only trying to let you know what to expect regarding upgrades, which you did ask about.

ndgqccmiller
11-09-2008, 05:19 PM
I would love to hear stories of people being upgraded. We had friends last year who were suppose to stay at POP (which I love) and when they checked in they offered them a room at POR for the same as there value resort. I love stories like that

jobie61
11-09-2008, 06:10 PM
When going up to the front desk to check in, stop and pick up a lucky frog in the parking lot before entering. If you see a heads up penny, by all means grab that puppy.

And the best sure fire way to get upgraded at check in: Tell them you are related to Walt Disney..... If that doesn't get you an upgrade....nothing will.

Good Luck.... No magic, you just have to be lucky.

Mommy_Jen
11-09-2008, 06:37 PM
In January we got to the WL about noon and went to check in and the nice lady at the front desk said that we weren't assigned a room yet and she called someone and then comes back to me and said that they wanted to know if we wanted a WL villa instead of a WL bunkbed room. It would have been nice but I unfortunately I had to decline. My kids ages 4 and 2 wanted to sleep in the bunkbeds and would have been so disappointed if they did not get to sleep in the bunkbeds.

MapleGirl
11-09-2008, 06:45 PM
on our last trip we were blessed with an upgrade to a suite (from a standard room) at the All-Star Music. They didn't have a room with a king sized bed available, so they gave us a suite instead! I was beyond thrilled. The most important thing to remember is to be nice to everyone and smile a lot. Happiness is contagious! Have a super trip!

Grumpy's Gal
11-09-2008, 06:49 PM
One year before we left home, we were suppose to stay at POFQ and they called us at home and put us in the WL instead -- same price.

We joke now that it was the best marketing strategy they ever had as every time we go back we stay at WL.

LivingtheWDWdream
11-09-2008, 07:20 PM
We were upgraded from CBR to a 1 bedroom Villa at Saratoga Springs.
AKL we were upgraded from a standard view to a Savannah View Room.

TheRustyScupper
11-09-2008, 08:09 PM
When going up to the front desk to check in, stop and pick up a lucky frog in the parking lot before entering. If you see a heads up penny, by all means grab that puppy.

1) Silly old wife's tales.
2) However, remember "Teahouse of the August Moon".
3) Finding your lucky cricket can make the difference.
4) Just make sure you keep him in your bamboo cricket cage.

SuperTink
11-10-2008, 07:03 AM
Whatever you do, don't ask. I think that ruins it for everybody.

wvdislover
11-10-2008, 07:17 AM
We got upgraded at AKL last year from a pool view room to a savannah view room with bunk beds! I was so excited! We didn't find out until we walked into the room. How did we do it? Luck, baby, all luck. Here's throwing some your way pixiedust:

CR Resort Fan 4 Life
11-10-2008, 07:20 AM
Last December at the Polynesian my family and I got upgraded from a Garden View Club Level room to a Lagoon View Club Level room.

IMGONNABE40!
11-10-2008, 07:31 AM
Due to construction at AKL my grand gathering (3 rooms) was relocated to GF Lagoon view.

Family24
11-10-2008, 01:21 PM
Last January our family was upgraded from Poly theme park view to Poly Concierge theme park view (Lagoon view?). We were all so very excited. We had a great time and now we are all spoiled from staying Concierge. We are planning to go back again January 2010 and will stay Concierge again.

shinez
11-11-2008, 08:38 PM
OMG! What lucky ladies!! Leaving in 36 hours and can't wait!! May irish eyes smile upon us, and a frog pass our path!

KatMark
11-11-2008, 08:43 PM
We have been upgraded every visit to the CSR to a water view; and this past September we were upgraded to a suite for our 25th wedding anniversary.

Terapin
11-12-2008, 09:27 AM
Last Feb we were upgraded from a standard view at WL to a Courtyard view, main floor, with an awesome view of the water parade and steps away from the pool. We were thrilled and thankful. What was funny was that the gal at the front desk didn't seem to recognize that we were upgraded, but we certainly did! It was awesome and we were so pleased.

tofubeast
11-12-2008, 09:48 AM
We had a standard room booked (parking lot view) at CSR on our last visit. When we walked over to our room, we noticed that we got a water/garden view. So I guess we did get some pixie dust! :thumbsup2 We just didn't know until we were physically at our room.

pixiegoose
11-12-2008, 09:55 AM
When we were at CSR on our honeymoon, we were upgraded from a standard king room to a suite! We had no idea until we got to the room- it was a very pleasant surprise after a very long day!

mickeywho?
11-12-2008, 10:15 AM
Two summers ago we were booked at the Poly - the first night we were staying in garden view concierge and the rest of the week we were booked for a garden view without concierge. We were arriving one day before free dining was to begin so we didn't want to do DDP for one day or club for the whole week. Well at check-in - we were asked to wait - which was fine since we were sitting in the comfy concierge chairs - and pixiedust: upgraded to concierge for the whole week! Definitely spoiled us ...

D&R love Disney
11-12-2008, 10:17 AM
Nothing recently since we've been staying DVC.
In years past we had a few upgrades: Upgraded to concierge at WL. Upgraded from regular room at BC to a 1 bedroom suite. Upgraded from WL to Lagoon view at GF (that one was a shocker).

shamrockshake
11-12-2008, 10:45 PM
not all rooms have balcony/patios, so be sure to ask for a room with a patio/balcony. it is so nice to sit outdoors to rest after a day at the park.