PDA

View Full Version : Just booked Jan/Feb ADR's with no problem

blanq
11-09-2008, 02:46 PM
I typically plan our vacations far in advance, including ADR's. I just booked a 9night late Jan/early Feb trip a few days ago, under the 4/3 promotion, and wanted to report that I had no problems getting any of my ADRs today although we don't really have any high demand places on our list this time, except for CG. I got all requested times as well, with the exception of CG (had to take 6:05 instead of 7:00; the only other available time was 9:00) and Y&Y (wanted 6:15 as it is an EMH evening, but the latest I could get was 4:15). This trip we will be eating at:

Tusker House
LTT
CG
Spoodles
Y&Y
50's Prime Time
Kona Cafe
Chefs de France

We also are planning on: Beaches & Cream, Columbia Harbour House, Earl of Sandwich, Wolfgang Puck Express, and we'll snack and drink our way around the World Showcase a couple of times too. I might add the GF afternoon tea to itinerary before we leave.

We are not doing the DDP this trip. We did it 2x last year and decided that with the DDP changes we will just go OOP this trip. If the TS options included an appetizer OR dessert, we likely would have gone with the DDP. None of us in my family like dessert with every stinkin meal.

Pakey
11-09-2008, 03:07 PM
We are also going late Jan, a group of 11, and I have had no problems with my ADRs, whether it's meals just as couples or meals where all 11 of us are eating together. We go every year at this time of year and it's generally pretty quiet. Only downside is the unpredictible weather.

We are not fans of the dining plan either. As AP holders, we prefer to use the DDE/now TIW.

lisaanddenny
11-09-2008, 03:13 PM
doing the DDXDP and staying 8 nights eating at many sig meals..................we like to sit and eat and take our time, we dont do park commando, we have been there a lot and no need too.............we have all the adrs we wanted and all the times we wanted:thumbsup2

blanq
11-09-2008, 03:13 PM
Glad to hear you had no problem getting your ADRs for your group of 11! We have gone to WDW 3x in January before, but always around MLK and I have had some problems with ADRs on those trips. So, I was happily surprised when I called today and everything went so smoothly. I am really looking forward to trying out WDW in late Jan!

tarheelmjfan
11-09-2008, 03:20 PM
I hope it stays that way. We plan to go sometime in early 2009, but don't know when yet. Getting reservations has been very difficult, & frustrating, for our Thanksgiving trip we're planning late in the game. I hope the next trip won't be like this. :goodvibes

PS: Just checking to see if you're aware of the fact that LTT won't have characters by then. Also, we ate at LTT, TH (breakfast), & Chefs (dinner) a couple weeks ago. Chefs was great, as usual, & TH was surprisingly good. We're not usually buffet fans, but TH was nice.

blanq
11-09-2008, 03:24 PM
I hope it stays that way. We plan to go sometime in early 2009, but don't know when yet. Getting reservations has been very difficult, & frustrating, for our Thanksgiving trip we're planning late in the game. I hope the next trip won't be like this. :goodvibes

PS: Just checking to see if you're aware of the fact that LTT won't have characters by then. Also, we ate at LTT, TH (breakfast), & Chefs (dinner) a couple weeks ago. Chefs was great, as usual, & TH was surprisingly good. We're not usually buffet fans, but TH was nice.

Hi tarheelmjfan! Long time, no see! I don't know if you remember, but a few years ago we corresponded a bit about our Alaska cruises. Oh, that seems like such a LONG time ago! Sorry about the woes planning for your Thanksgiving ADRs. I do hope that January is better for you!

Yeah, I heard about the changes to LTT. We tried the character dinner once, but didn't really like it. We do love it there for lunch though (that pot roast is yum!), and that is our plan for our upcoming trip. I am looking forward to Chefs, as we have not eaten there for a number of years. Glad to here it is still good! The last time we ate at Tusker House was when it was still CS, so I am excited to try the lunch buffet this time.

Shell54
11-09-2008, 03:44 PM
Last week I was able to book everything I wanted for our Feb 5-12 trip EXCEPT LeCellier for dinner..but I did get it for lunch. I was happy to get the tea at the GF.. I thought that would be gone for some reason:) I think it's gotten popular.

jacksmommy
11-10-2008, 10:31 PM
I booked our ADR's yesterday for 2/1-2/8 and got everything we wanted as well. We cancelled our October trip which I had done my ADR's at the 180 mark so I was super excited it all worked out!