PDA

View Full Version : Quiet Resort????

octoberprincess
11-09-2008, 12:46 PM
Is there a such thing? I'm just curious which resorts are considered quieter than others. I know when my cousins stayed at WL 2 years ago they were very disappointed with the noise level and did complain to the manager but were told nothing could be done about it.

jemgumby
11-09-2008, 12:53 PM
The Grand is more of a quiet resort but do keep in mind your at Disney and there will children and where there are children there will be noise!

ClareH37
11-09-2008, 12:58 PM
I like the BWI and have always found it pretty quiet because of it's small size (it only has about 350 rooms), once you're off the Boardwalk itself and in the resort it's wonderfully quiet, especially the quiet pool, you'll often find you have it to yourself.

I've also found the Yacht Club (away from Stormalong Bay) to be quiet.

I didn't find the Grand Floridian to be very quiet, but I did go in December and the lobby was a madhouse with all the festivities. I'd like to give it a go another month though.

dburg30
11-09-2008, 03:16 PM
IMO about 90% of that will have to do with your neighbors and those above you. We stayed at POP and never heard anyone, stayed at CSR and never heard anyone. I'm sure during those exact same stays, there were people that were kept up by noise in other parts of the same resort.

ehaley
11-09-2008, 04:35 PM
I guess it all depends on how far away from the main buildings and your neighbors. We've had great luck with most of our stays, that being said we've had better luck on the upper floors than the lower ones, especially ground level and facing away from the pool area. Loved rooms at POR, ASMu, and CBR - all standard view rooms.

mmmears
11-09-2008, 05:00 PM
We've found both the Yacht Club and the Grand Floridian to be quiet.

At the YC, just make sure you're not facing the pool, since there is noise from there during the day.

At the GF, we've found that the lagoon-facing rooms at Boca Chica (lagoon & theme-park views) are really quiet. Although, I feel like the GF is just quieter overall.

Pakey
11-09-2008, 06:25 PM
GF (not at Christmas) and YC are the quietest of the WDW hotels that we have stayed at. I also think OKW is a very quiet and relaxing place to stay.

gailanncreates
11-09-2008, 07:07 PM
I'll second OKW as a super-quiet resort. Smaller buildings, no interior corridors, and only two levels keep the noise down. Also, all the main "common areas" are apart from the rooms. We had an excellent stay!

ellenec
11-09-2008, 07:36 PM
I love Old Key West Resort :) very peaceful.

Dee & Greg
11-09-2008, 08:03 PM
Count me in... our last stay at OKW was the quietest by far! Lovely!

jdvm
11-09-2008, 08:21 PM
I think all of the resorts have quiet spots but my choice would be Old Key West.

John

octoberprincess
11-09-2008, 10:49 PM
Thanks everyone for your opinions :)

Baltazar
11-09-2008, 11:04 PM
Fort Wilderness Cabins.

No neighbors sharing a wall.

In the resorts we've been at, the worst we've heard was the occasional toilet flush. They have the low water use ones that use water pressure assist. A quick BOOOOOOSH and it's over.

I imagine if you get one away from pools and walkways it would be quiet.

Caribbean Beach is pretty spread out, I thought we were the only ones in the whole building.

nemofans
11-09-2008, 11:17 PM
AKL was very quiet. I was impressed.
On the other hand, Poly was terribly noisy. You could hear everything in the next rooms & in the hall.

rie'smom
11-10-2008, 09:32 AM
Ft. Wilderness cabins because every cabin stands alone
CSR because it's a convention resort and because the outside corridors make it quieter than the deluxe hotels.

MickeyNicki
11-10-2008, 11:10 AM
We stayed at OKW in March and that was a super quiet resort, it was nice but we missed the location of the other deluxe resorts.

YC is super quiet, no one ever uses the quiet pool and the lobby is pretty much empty. We stayed at the BWI last month and that was VERY quiet, again no one was using the quiet pool the 5 days we were there

rt2dz
11-10-2008, 11:46 AM
Fort Wilderness Cabins would be THE quietest. BWI is pretty quiet too, imo.

Momof2Disneyboys
11-10-2008, 11:50 AM
Caribbean Beach is pretty spread out, I thought we were the only ones in the whole building.

I agree! :thumbsup2 CBR is very lush and spread out and very quiet!:cloud9:

suzimar57
11-10-2008, 11:58 AM
we've found the top floor of the 50s building, facing the lake at Pop is very very quiet...

Lilolvr
11-10-2008, 01:09 PM
IMO about 90% of that will have to do with your neighbors and those above you. We stayed at POP and never heard anyone, stayed at CSR and never heard anyone. I'm sure during those exact same stays, there were people that were kept up by noise in other parts of the same resort.CSR is very quiet, especially the Ranchos.

Buzz2001
11-10-2008, 01:27 PM
Is there a such thing? I'm just curious which resorts are considered quieter than others. I know when my cousins stayed at WL 2 years ago they were very disappointed with the noise level and did complain to the manager but were told nothing could be done about it.CSR is a very quiet resort.

henrylovespooh
11-10-2008, 01:31 PM
We stayed at WL and thought it was quiet. We were on the 5th floor - facing the woods.

I have to say, we've also stayed three times at ASMo and found it quiet every time. Go figure.

The loudest experience we had was at the Poly, and it wasn't that bad at all - just a kid crying in the middle of the night one or two nights that we heard. Having gone with small kids, we know that happens from time to time.

Guess we've been lucky...

octoberprincess
11-10-2008, 02:32 PM
I've never had a noise problem (that I can remember) but was just curious on everyone's opinion. I really like the idea of the cabins at FW just for the fact they seem a bit secluded. I also really like the BWI atmosphere. I've heard AKL is noisey. With kids running up and down the halls, etc. We're not going again until 2010 but it's never too early to start planning =)

MissyDVC
11-10-2008, 02:58 PM
We find our "home" at Saratoga Springs Resort to be so peaceful and relaxing. It why we bought there and keep going back.:goodvibes :lovestruc