PDA

View Full Version : Resort for Christmas

cheerforchelsea
11-09-2008, 11:28 AM
There is a possibilty that I will be traveling to Central Florida before Christmas with my 84 year old mother. I was thinking of surprising her with a 1 night stay at DisneyWorld before we start back home and was just wondering which resort has the best Christmas decorations. She can't do a lot of walking so H E L P!!!!!!!

kaytieeldr
11-09-2008, 11:31 AM
That's a really subjective call - but Grand Floridian (imo)

mbanks21
11-09-2008, 12:34 PM
Id say see whats available and choose that one. Being a one night stay helps (actually it could hurt with length of stay availability) but you probably wont have a whole lot of choices

splashmountainjaxson
11-09-2008, 02:37 PM
I have heard, the Wilderness Lodge is very nice at the holidays.

I haven't been for the holidays since like 94 ... so - I'll let the recent visitors give you the best advice!

Disney Princess
11-09-2008, 02:40 PM
Our all time favorite at Christmas is the Wilderness Lodge. Grand Floridian and Boardwalk also rank up there. I'd see what is available and what is in your price range and go from there. You can't go wrong being at WDW during the holidays! Have fun with your mother!:santa:

ehaley
11-09-2008, 03:31 PM
I agree with Wilderness Lodge, Grand Floridian and I'd add Animal Kingdom Lodge for a different look. They also have a huge beautiful tree.

jdvm
11-09-2008, 07:31 PM
Wilderness Lodge or Animal Kingdom Lodge would be my suggestions.

John

eeyoresnr
11-09-2008, 07:48 PM
Coranado Springs is pretty too:santa:

Baltazar
11-09-2008, 07:49 PM
The Grand Floridian

I asked the TA I use for our summer vacation what resorts to see.

"The deluxe resorts, especially Grand Floridian"

There is a life size gingerbread house.

bmalonef45
11-09-2008, 10:52 PM
Wilderness Lodge is special during the holidays. Just to see the jaws drop on the first time in the lobby is worth the trip.

mmmears
11-10-2008, 12:16 AM
WL & GF, depending on your budget & theming preferences.

Check out the photos on the photo threads -- there are photos of these resorts all decorated.

WL has a ski-lodge look, complete with huge fireplace, logs, & pine boughs & a huge tree. The very architecture of the place lends itself to the xmas theme.

GF is more like a Victorian mansion beautifully decorated for xmas, with a giant gingerbread house in the lobby & of course a beautiful tree.

GF decorations are more elegant, WL more rustic (in a nice way). They are both really special, I think the only deciding factor here is personal preference (& budget).

I haven't seen AKL during xmas, but I have heard that it's very nicely decorated as well.

pepe2123
11-10-2008, 12:55 AM
If you can spend more money, I will recommend you the Grand Floridian. It has a big christmas tree in the lobby and a real gingerbread house just in the center of the lobby.

My second choice will be the Wilderness Lodge and my their the Boardwalk Inn. The boardwalk also has like a gingerbread village in the lobby, I think is very nice.

Merry Christmas!!!