PDA

View Full Version : Signature Dining?

GOOFY4DONALD
11-09-2008, 10:58 AM
Yes my trip is more than a year away. But we just decided on where and when so I am in full planning mode. On our last trip we used the dining plan. We are going to use the 1TS..1QS..1Snack type. Last time we decided to go to Rainforest Cafe, since we had never been there. Adding this meal did leave us feeling like we had too many TS meals. We were able to use all the credits but boy we felt so full AND like we were running to get from 1 ADR to the next. This time I was thinking about taking the kids to T-Rex but we will have the same problem again. So I was thinking about making 1 of out TS meals a signature dining so we can use have a nicer meal but not feel like we are always rushing.

Here is my question...are there any signature dining places that you feel are casual enough to take 3 kids? My kids will be 12, 9 & 6 ... For the most part they are very good in resturants. But after a full day in the parks they may not be 100% themselves.
TIA

OKW Lover
11-09-2008, 11:26 AM
Well behaved children are welcomed at any Signature Dining restaurant. You'll find that the later in the evening you go, the more adult the clientele, with the exception of CaliGrill, which has a lot of young diners all the time.

If your children aren't adventurous eaters you might want to check out the menus before you go. You can find them all right here on the DIS (http://www.wdwinfo.com/wdwinfo/dining/diningmain.cfm) :disrocks:

tarheelmjfan
11-09-2008, 11:52 AM
CRT, Spirit of Aloha, & Hoop Dee Doo Revue are all signature meals & are very kid friendly. The next most kid friendly locations are Hollywood Brown Derby & California Grill. If your kids can sit quietly for a 2 hr. meal, any of them will work for you. I'd check out the menus to see which one appeals to you most. If you just want to play it safe, in case they're having a bad day, go with one of the dinner shows.

GOOFY4DONALD
11-09-2008, 12:01 PM
Thanks. I totally forgot about the dinner shows. My kids were great last time..with the exception of DS(then 4) that fell asleep in his chair at Le Cellier. I may look into Hoop de Doo. We stayed at FW last time and loved it. We are wanting to visit FW and I think HDDR would be the perfect way to do it.

aviva5675
11-09-2008, 02:13 PM
The kids are welcome everywhere but they might feel less comfortable at the 'fanciest' places--CG, Narcoosee, Citrico, etc...

ElizabethB
11-09-2008, 10:15 PM
CRT, HDDR and the luau take 2TS credit each, but they are not -- I repeat not -- "signature dining" in any sense of the word.

The food is inedible at HDDR and only slightly better at CRT and the luau.

As for taking kids to the Signature restaurants -- why not, everybody else does. That's why we eat at 9 pm or later -- at least most parents have put the darlings to bed by then.

Clotho
11-10-2008, 01:44 PM
I will pipe up and say that my experience with the food at HDDR was fantastic! I think it has some "miss' nights, but much more "hit". Just take a look at the reviews on Allearsnet.com

That said, I would not consider it "signature dining", but I would call it "perfect for the whole family"!!

tarheelmjfan
11-10-2008, 02:44 PM
Sorry, I didn't mean to mislead the OP. I thought WDW considered all 2 credit TS restaurants signature. The dinner shows & CRT definitely aren't upscale restaurants, but they are 2 credits.