PDA

View Full Version : another which one thread ;-) Contemporary or ASM Suite

AKADrea
11-09-2008, 07:24 AM
Some background - we'll be traveling with me, DH, my mom, DD4, DS2, and new baby, 3 mos.

When we found out I was pregnant I had to upgrade, so I chose the Family suites at ASM, for 10 nights.

NOW, I see that I can stay at the Contemporary for 7 nights for just a few hundred more:eek:

Gosh, it's tempting to be on the monorail with 3 small kids, but we'd lose 3 days - WWYD???? Talk me down...or rather talk me into it, LOL!

NOLA_Tink
11-09-2008, 08:02 AM
I would regret minimizing my nights. It feels like the time really flies while you're there, so I'd want to stay as long as possible. Plus, the ASMu suites are nice & the extra beds & two bathrooms are really helpful.

mickey2minnie1
11-09-2008, 09:50 AM
Wow! That is a tough one. For me, staying anywhere on the monorail is priceless. No question IMHO. However staying with Mom is wonderful, but you may need a little extra privacy???? Not sure on that one. If that is not an issue, I would stay at the CR. It saves so much time. One of you can quickly return to the resort while the rest stay at the MK and then catch up again. Make sure the pool is available and not under refurb. I missed your dates. There are lots of food choices on the monorail.

cara loves the poly
11-09-2008, 09:56 AM
With a 3 mos. old and two toddlers! Contemporary!

CR Resort Fan 4 Life
11-09-2008, 03:15 PM
With all those little kids I would go with the Contemporay because staying at a Resort with the Monorail makes things so much easier.

ndgqccmiller
11-09-2008, 03:36 PM
Have you looked into the 7 for 4 night deal that disney is offering. You maybe able to stay at CR and still get your 10day tickets and stay longer. It does fly. I'm not sure if you already have this deal on your package. We are in the same boat we(famly of 5) had booked POR for 7 days and then when the special came out I booked the CR for the same price as the moderate. But now I am wondering if I should go back to the moderate and save 500.00. I have another thread asking advice and I think with the fact of three kids 1 being only 4 we are going to stick with the monorail. Plus I am going to make reservations at California Grill, Chef Mickeys and 1900 Park Fare and those are all easy access from the monorail. Sorry for such a long post. But if you have not checked on the new special you might want too. Good luck

LivingtheWDWdream
11-09-2008, 03:49 PM
With the number of people I would stick with ASM suite so that you have the space to move around plus if your kids take naps you could put them in the bedroom to nap and the adults can watch tv talk etc without disturbing the nap time.

While the monorail is great, you only really monorail to the MK, and maybe EPCOT if you transfer at the TTC but two of the parks are Bus trips so you wouldn't save time there.

I'd go with 10 days so you can have some down time if needed or just enjoy the magic longer.

Space, extra days are my vote! ASM!

mmmears
11-09-2008, 03:55 PM
Contemporary all the way!

With 3 little ones the monorail & walk to the MK will be priceless.

Plus, 10 days is a long time for little kids.

Also, you'll save so much time in travel time back & forth to the resort that you'll make up some of the lost time. That's especially true if you go back to the hotel mid-day for a swim and a nap (we always did when our DD was little) -- then you're saving 4 bus rides and 4 waits in line for the bus each day you visit the MK & Epcot.

Happy planning!

AKADrea
11-09-2008, 04:18 PM
ETA: I'm booked for free dining in September 2009 ;)

We'll also be driving there, so we'll have a vehicle onsite.

Gosh, it looks like it's split, LOL!

Keep the advice coming!

Luna_Lovegood
11-09-2008, 04:18 PM
My three kids are older, but our Contemporary room was fantastic! The room seems huge, and it's well laid-out. We haven't done the All Star Suites, but we have stayed at Pop with two adjoining rooms. And while we didn't have this issue, most of the families we saw with stroller-aged kids really seemed to struggle with the buses from Pop. I'm all for staying at Disney as long as possible, but I think you'll save so much time and effort, it will feel like you're staying longer at the Contemporary because you'll get more done. Also, with three adults and three kids, it really is easy for one adult to take a child or children back to the room from MK for downtime. Just my two cents' worth, but I would absolutely go for the Contemporary!

bgirl29
11-09-2008, 04:43 PM
With the number of people I would stick with ASM suite so that you have the space to move around plus if your kids take naps you could put them in the bedroom to nap and the adults can watch tv talk etc without disturbing the nap time.

While the monorail is great, you only really monorail to the MK, and maybe EPCOT if you transfer at the TTC but two of the parks are Bus trips so you wouldn't save time there.

I'd go with 10 days so you can have some down time if needed or just enjoy the magic longer.

Space, extra days are my vote! ASM!

I totally agree, the extra bathroom and the seperate bedroom for naps would be perfect with your family. Also the microwave is nice too. We often travel to disney with my sister as well as our family of 5 and we found the ASMU suites work great for us.

quinnc19
11-09-2008, 05:04 PM
I would do a split stay (in fact that was what I was planning until the 7 for 4 promo came out) to take advantage of the pros of each. I would go to MK and EPCOT the days you are at the CR and the other parks when you are at ASMu.

ndgqccmiller
11-09-2008, 05:30 PM
ETA: I'm booked for free dining in September 2009 ;)

We'll also be driving there, so we'll have a vehicle onsite.

Gosh, it looks like it's split, LOL!

Keep the advice coming!
Gotcha! I wasn't sure your dates. AGGGGHH I am no help bc I would say CR if it was just you guys, but with your mother going I might say the suite bc my husband would need a little of his own time and privacy changing, tv time, down time. So I think if you stay the extra days at the ASMS you will offset any time you might spend riding buses and going back for naps and such. My final answer....... All Star Music Suites!!

Laugh at me if you want I hate making decisions

AKADrea
11-10-2008, 08:03 AM
Gotcha! I wasn't sure your dates. AGGGGHH I am no help bc I would say CR if it was just you guys, but with your mother going I might say the suite bc my husband would need a little of his own time and privacy changing, tv time, down time. So I think if you stay the extra days at the ASMS you will offset any time you might spend riding buses and going back for naps and such. My final answer....... All Star Music Suites!!

Laugh at me if you want I hate making decisions

me too!!! which is why I posted, LOL! I don't even know if they'd let me change again....