PDA

View Full Version : Early morning check in at WL

Northern Disney Girl
11-08-2008, 08:44 PM
OK Experts! Help me please! Here is my situation.....on the second day of our trip we have to check out of AS Sports, check into WL and then get over to MK for an 8:10 ADR @ CRT! I figure we will take a taxi from AS Sports to WL but my question is this......

How long should I expect check in to take at around 7am and how possible is it that there would actually be a room ready for us at that time? I realize that there is no guarantee and I don't expect there will be one ready, just curious. I know that we can leave our luggage with bell services to be delivered later etc.

Thanks in Advance! :)

pixiechick
11-08-2008, 09:11 PM
check in should take less than 15 minutes (prob. way less) all things being equal. As far as room availability, no way to know for sure.

If the cab gets you to WL at 7 am, you should be okay to make breakfast. I would use the bus though, not the boat.

Northern Disney Girl
11-08-2008, 09:36 PM
check in should take less than 15 minutes (prob. way less) all things being equal. As far as room availability, no way to know for sure.

If the cab gets you to WL at 7 am, you should be okay to make breakfast. I would use the bus though, not the boat.

THANK YOU! This is exactly what I needed to hear! Thanks for the tip about the bus too! Any particular reason? Is the bus faster? Thanks again! :)

fall08CP
11-09-2008, 01:06 AM
It's very unlikely that a room will be ready at 7am unless they have several empty rooms which hasn't been the pattern for quite a few months. I would plan for the room to be ready at 3:thumbsup2

tsal
11-09-2008, 05:45 AM
We do this every Disney trip, and two of those were at WL. We stay off property on our travel day then get up and get to the resort by 7 or 8am and have never waited in a line at all. We were just at WL in Sept. and got to the front desk by 8am and there was no one in line and we walked right up. We were upgraded from standard to courtyard view but the room wasn't ready, we asked if she had a different view that was available for immediate use, she gave us a woods view that was ready and we dumped our stuff in the room and headed out.

Mouse Skywalker
11-09-2008, 06:27 AM
We did this same thing when we stayed at WL Jan 07. We checked in early (about 7am), and had an 8-ish ADR at CRT for my DD's birthday. The early morning check-in is sooo quick. They didn't have a room ready, but that was no problem at all. Just a suggestion, if you're taking a cab over from AS Sports to WL, why not just have the cab wait and then take it over to MK? I realize that would be more money, so it's all depending on your budget. But that would certainly be the quickest way to get over to MK.