PDA

View Full Version : Kona or Narcoossee's

Daisy21015
11-08-2008, 03:13 PM
Trying to decide between Kona's and Narcoossee's for dinner one night.

If we do Kona, we will go down to beach for Fireworks. If we do Narcoossee's we will watch from their deck.

I know the food is very different but is Narcoossee's worth it - quality of food, atmosphere, price etc? What is the atmosphere like at Kona's. Is there a difference between seeing the firworks at either location?

Any thoughts appreciated. Thanks!

Clotho
11-08-2008, 03:48 PM
They are really different experiences. Kona is far more casual and bustling, while Narcoossees is more fine dining and romantic. I think that should play into your decision as much as anything.

That said, the price was absolutely worth it to us when we went last September. The service was wonderful, the food yummy, and we watched the fireworks on the deck with a fantastic glass of wine in our hand. I recommend it highly!

B-Ride
11-08-2008, 04:06 PM
We have never eaten at Narcoossees but we love Kona Cafe and always eat there when we visit WDW.

EnnEss
11-08-2008, 04:33 PM
Done them both, Narcooses is probably my 2nd favorite restaurant behind only Boma. As you mentioned, its more than Kona though. I'd go with Narcooses everytime, but for me it'd mean not going somewhere else, that would be fine with me too. Its hard to give advice to others because everyone's finances are different, but I'd do Narcooses in a heartbeat.

Narcooses has a very nice atmosphere, its not themed or anything though per se like many of the mid range restaurants are, its just great food, well laid and out and with great staff. I think I'd say they had the best servers I have ever experienced anywhere, when I went there anyways. The view of the water is great from there.