PDA

View Full Version : Where Would You Stay?

GOOFY4DONALD
11-08-2008, 02:44 PM
I am in the process of trying to figure out where to stay. I know all tastes are different but I was hoping for some insight from people that have stayed at one or more of these places. I am also including the type of room we are going to request. Last time we stayed at FW Cabins. We just loved it and we still do. I would love to stay there again but since we figure our trips are going to happen about once every 2 years I don't want to feel like I am missing out by staying at the same place each time. We are planning 8 nights and 9 days. Our preferred travel time in Dec 4-Dec12, 2009.

Here is our family:

Me... would stay in a cardboard box as long I was at Disney

DH...loves peace and quiet but has learned convenience of Disney transportation is more important

Kiddos and there ages at time of travel:

DD12...loves Disney but complains about walking
DD9...when she is done, for the day, she wants to be in her room like yesterday
DS6... pretty easy going except hates the "getting going" in the morning

Thanks in advance.

DisneyTabby
11-08-2008, 03:17 PM
Wilderness at Christmas is wonderful and the kids would love the resort. It may cost more but I think it's worth it for the holidays.:thumbsup2

kaysmommie
11-08-2008, 03:33 PM
I voted for Poly since WL is going to cost more with five people.

Baltazar
11-08-2008, 03:46 PM
Wilderness Lodge is aw inspiring, kind of like a rustic Grand Floridian but for your size family its a lot more than the cabins.

If you don't want to go to the same place so I voted The Polynesian.

We've gone to the same resort two times in a row and it seems "We were just here".

mickeynut1
11-08-2008, 04:01 PM
Out of your 4 choices, we have stayed at the Poly and the WL and we love them both for different reasons :goodvibes. The Poly is great with the beach and the view of the castle........but the WL, IMO, can't be beat at Christmas time :). The resort is absolutely beautiful all decorated and the huge fireplace in the lobby makes for a nice, cozy Christmas feeling :santa:. I voted for the WL. Good luck deciding and have a magical trip :wizard:.

GOOFY4DONALD
11-08-2008, 04:02 PM
thanks for the replies, so far. We went to the WL for dinner and just fell in love with the resort. But is is a bit out of my price range since they would put us in a suite.

Another question. Why at regular "Garden View" room at Poly over a nicer "Tower" room at CR?

Dana49
11-08-2008, 04:04 PM
The Polynesian is nice for a family because of the convenience of the monorail. The Wilderness Lodge is also very nice, especially at Christmas. I imagine the other two locations would also be fine, but because of convenience, I would stay at the Polynesian.

PlainJane
11-08-2008, 04:31 PM
My first choice would be the Poly, with the CR as my second choice. It really depends on personal preference as far as theme.

Poly Pros:
Better pool
Pathway to GF
Walkway to TTC

Cons:
Separate buildings
Second floor has a standing room only balcony on most buildings.

CR Pros:
Walkway to MK
Interior Corridors

CR Cons:
Construction
Lack luster pool

Baltazar
11-08-2008, 04:34 PM
Another question. Why at regular "Garden View" room at Poly over a nicer "Tower" room at CR?

I'm not a big fan of the Contemporary's style, seems industrial. Like living in a Mall. Not familiar with the Tower, though.

Scrubba2
11-08-2008, 04:43 PM
Although I have yet to stay at the Poly, I voted Poly. I've stayed at WL, FWC's and the CR.
Since you are from Montana, you probably see huge pine trees with log cabins near your house. Wouldn't you like a more tropical get away? With kids, wouldn't you really like the elaborate pool area? Plus it'll cost you less since 5 people can be in one room. You may want 2 rooms for the bathrooms though. Have you considered renting points and staying DVC at WLV's? The 2 bedroom villa would be ideal. Otherwise I'd go Poly.
Good luck on your choice!:thumbsup2

northriver
11-08-2008, 04:51 PM
There are Deluxe rooms at WL that sleep 5 with 2 queens and a sofabed in a sitting area, look into those! Still, only 1 bathroom.

I voted for CR because I LOVE that resort. I actually prefer CR garden wing to Poly garden view - because it is cheaper yet a similar setting.

We are actually booked for WL two rooms next trip, I can't really compare because this will be our first WL stay.

GOOFY4DONALD
11-08-2008, 06:49 PM
Thanks to everyone. I took my thought and ideas...your replies and discussed them w/DH. We decided on The Poly. I think the CR would be a bit noisy, we have stayed at FW. Although I love what I have seen at WL we thought that since we seem to pay a ton for our vacations (since we live in MT) the monorail would be very nice to have.

Thanks, again.

Baltazar
11-08-2008, 07:09 PM
Yay! I guessed right. :cool1:

Grats on the vacation.:thumbsup2